PDA

View Full Version : Class Reunions

Her454
08-01-2006, 01:45 PM
Yes or No? Was it worth it or a disappointment? What are some of the things you guys did for your reunion that made it worth the trip? I'd like to go to mine in Yuma but not sure if it will be worth the trip and I dont have alot of the details yet.

pixilatedpussy
08-01-2006, 01:49 PM
Yes or No? Was it worth it or a disappointment? What are some of the things you guys did for your reunion that made it worth the trip? I'd like to go to mine in Yuma but not sure if it will be worth the trip and I dont have alot of the details yet.
My ten year ( in 2003) was stupid & no one had even grown up yet! :220v:

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 01:52 PM
My ten year ( in 2003) was stupid & no one had even grown up yet! :220v:
Well hell... you could just hang out on ***boat if you want to socialize like that. :mad:

GunninGopher
08-01-2006, 01:52 PM
My 10 year in '99 was a blast. I was a little disappointed to find out that most of the guys/gals that were really smart ended up as attorneys. I had been looking forward to it since graduation, just to see where everyone ended up compared to what they had planned.
As for nobody growing up? Yeah, I was about the only guy there that was married, and everyone acting like a bunch of clowns was part of the fun. It was the first all-nighter I had pulled since about 8 years prior, and I haven't done one since.

Ziggy
08-01-2006, 01:53 PM
Yeah, the 10 yrs was a slightly aged HS dance...ok to see a few of the peeps I wanted but otherwise the same cliques were present.
Missed my 20 but I hear its much more worthy to go.
No 25 so I'm waiting for 30.
T, if you had friends at school you liked, thats the biggest value to reconnect, otherwise why go.

ChumpChange
08-01-2006, 01:55 PM
Don't know what they're like. I'm not old enough to have one yet! :)

Flyinbowtie
08-01-2006, 01:56 PM
We just passed on our 30.
We figured that it would cost about $800.00 to go down to LBC and pay for this shindig.
Then, we thought about it.
The two people from H.S. we stay in touch with we are in touch with, anyway. They live down there, and they are not going.
The rest of the folks we haven't seen since the boring/overrated 10 yr. deal.
Decision:
Ain't payin' $800 to go to a place I don't like to see people I don't know.

Her454
08-01-2006, 01:56 PM
Yeah, the 10 yrs was a slightly aged HS dance...ok to see a few of the peeps I wanted but otherwise the same cliques were present.
Missed my 20 but I hear its much more worthy to go.
No 25 so I'm waiting for 30.
T, if you had friends at school you liked, thats the biggest value to reconnect, otherwise why go.
I have a few that are not sure if they are going yet either but yes, I'd like to re-connect with them after all these years.
I forgot to mention that if "I" go, "Infomaniac" has to go too.............. :rollside:

riverjunkie
08-01-2006, 02:08 PM
I would have to agree with Ziggy, the 10 year was like going to a HS dance with people just the same as in school, same cliques, just a little older. However we just went to my hubby's 20 year and I must say we did have a great time, we found almost everyone has grown up and really are different people now and they all have families, kind of interesting to see what everyone has become. We even made some connections with families that go to the river like us, share our same interests now. Which my hubby didn't even know what the river was when he was in school, however I have been going since I was born.
Anyway the 20 and above I think get more fun and interesting. just my .02.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-01-2006, 02:24 PM
Went to the 10 year and don't plan on going to any others.....

HocusPocus
08-01-2006, 02:34 PM
missed my 10 year.. missed my 20 year.. and im sure i will also miss my 30 year. at the time i went to the school, it was brand new and had fewer then 50 graduating students. the past reunions were a combination of several years and even so only a handful ever show up.
i go to the school all the time since my oldest daughter will be a junior there this year.

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
08-01-2006, 02:36 PM
I am going to my 20th on Aug 12. I'll let you know. I have to back to Washington State but i am flying on miles and staying with my mom so it's cheap...

CHEETAH24
08-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Went to my 20...and it just goes to show that if you were an ass,father time will not be kind to you.
Needless to say..i'll pass on the next ones.

djunkie
08-01-2006, 02:49 PM
I went to my 10 year. It was ok. They had it at a friend on mines house. Although there was only 68 people in my graduating class.

rrrr
08-01-2006, 03:03 PM
Leaving Thursday to go to the 30 year....Gak! Did I say that out loud???? :rollside:
Ah well, Mom and Dad still live in Albuquerque, so we can visit them too.
Nice thing about it, Classes of 75 (me), 76, and 77 are participating. I'll get to see a lot of friends that were a bit younger than me. I think that's a good idea, better turnout and more people to divide the costs.
There were 750 or so in my class alone, they are expecting over 1,000 attendees.

John.
08-01-2006, 03:57 PM
went to my 10 year last year. it was lame. the girls who planned the party did a piss poor job and didn't spend much (we had shake and bake chicken on paper plates with costco shrimp cocktail). the DJ didn't show, so they put a microphone up next to a clock radio and played music that way. 10 year wasn't worth it.

ratso
08-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I will be putting together the next one for my class, and the year before and after.

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 04:03 PM
Didnt go to any of mine and dont plan on it. I've kept in touch with a few that I really considered friends.

blown dough
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
I didn't go to my 10 year, I went to a private catholic collage prep high school, with 90 people in my class, don't really care to see any of them again. I kept in touch with a few close friends, that's good enough.

DeeCandyBar
08-01-2006, 04:15 PM
if you were one of those "late bloomers" you should go to your hs reunion. people won't recognize you and there's a good chance the chicks that were hot in hs (who are no longer hot) and the ones that are hot now will be swarming all over you. of course it won't hurt your chances for a hookup if you stuff a roll of tube socks in your slacks before you get there :D

Mrs. casean
08-01-2006, 04:18 PM
what year from Yuma. A friend of mine graduated in 96 from one of the Yuma schools and I know a few "yuman's" :D

TRUMP TIGHT
08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
When you got the info on the reunion did it make you feel old?:D

DILLIGAF
08-01-2006, 04:29 PM
T...the 10 year is when everybody is still trying to "impress" people. Pretty lame and unexciting. The 20 year is fun as life has taught a lot of them lessons by then. You know...instead of the perfect little kid at home 10 years ago reality had set in.
People are much more "real" at the 20 year. Lots of divorces and so forth.
Mine was a blast. I basically bought out the bar of all their tequilla and had people drunk as skunks. Some of the guys were pretty good musicians so they got together to play all sorts of good music.
At one point they were giving out all sorts of awards...most children, longest marriage, most exciting occupation, etc. One of the categories was most marriages. I was tied with my buddy Warren at two marriages. They pulled a name out of the hat and they picked Warren. I would never have went up to get whatever they were giving out as I thought that was totally inappropriate. Warren loved winning the prize but I think it was because he was so drunk. The one good thing about that was the women then knew I was single :)
Funny how people change in 20 years. Some look like life has run them over with a mack truck and others enjoy life and it shows in their physical makeup.
I strongly suggest you go and enjoy yourself.

nordy racer
08-01-2006, 04:34 PM
i'm flying back to maryland for my 15year.. looking forward to it, being this is my first reunion. round trip tickets back home $229, not bad.

Nord
08-01-2006, 04:35 PM
My 10 year is this year and nothing has been planned yet for Katella High class of 96!!! Kind of a bummer....I would've liked to go.

Her454
08-01-2006, 04:57 PM
what year from Yuma. A friend of mine graduated in 96 from one of the Yuma schools and I know a few "yuman's" :D
Um, I doubt you would know anyone from my class :cry: :rollside: but here goes..........Kofa Kings, 1980..... Its being combined with a few other classes....I still have alot of friends in Yuma but most of the people I know that live there have gone to shit...drugs etc. Sad actually.
When you got the info on the reunion did it make you feel old?:D
Nope, not at all. Your only as old as you feel and I feel like a young 40ish...... ;) However, seeing old friends and their KIDS grown up really makes me feel old...... seems like you dont notice it when its your own but when it other kids....WOW. ;)
T...the 10 year is when everybody is still trying to "impress" people. Pretty lame and unexciting. The 20 year is fun as life has taught a lot of them lessons by then. You know...instead of the perfect little kid at home 10 years ago reality had set in.
Mine was a blast. I basically bought out the bar of all their tequilla and had people drunk as skunks. Some of the guys were pretty good musicians so they got together to play all sorts of good music.
At one point they were giving out all sorts of awards...most children, longest marriage, most exciting occupation, etc. One of the categories was most marriages. I was tied with my buddy Warren at two marriages. They pulled a name out of the hat and they picked Warren. I would never have went up to get whatever they were giving out as I thought that was totally inappropriate. Warren loved winning the prize but I think it was because he was so drunk. The one good thing about that was the women then knew I was single :)
Funny how people change in 20 years. Some look like life has run them over with a mack truck and others enjoy life and it shows in their physical makeup.
I strongly suggest you go and enjoy yourself.
True, I want to see how everyone has changed and whats become of others in life. I'll just leave it at that LOL........

ratso
08-01-2006, 05:09 PM
Um, I doubt you would know anyone from my class :cry: :rollside: but here goes..........Kofa Kings, 1980..... Its being combined with a few other classes....I still have alot of friends in Yuma but most of the people I know that live there have gone to shit...drugs etc. Sad actually.
Nope, not at all. Your only as old as you feel and I feel like a young 40ish...... ;) However, seeing old friends and their KIDS grown up really makes me feel old...... seems like you dont notice it when its your own but when it other kids....WOW. ;)
True, I want to see how everyone has changed and whats become of others in life. I'll just leave it at that LOL........
...if you feel old seeing their kids, maybe you should start dating their kids... :crossx:

clownpuncher
08-01-2006, 05:31 PM
I say wtf, go. You can always have an alternate river/lake trip planned on the Colorado or Havasu or one of the local lakes, just case you change your mind for whatever reason after you get there.
My class of 1980 had a ton of grads, something like 700 or so and my 10 year reunion was a ton-o-fun. Twenty was great too. Lots of changes in the years. My thirty is in a few years and I'll probably make it. I like running into old friends and catching up. Funny thing is, the girls are even prettier than they were in HS. Guess I'm showing my age. :)
I doubt you'll regret going. Good luck with your decision.
ROC

Mrs. casean
08-01-2006, 05:42 PM
I can't remember the few from NAU that went to Kofa... but I had a roomate Shanon, and I knew the Fiars & Slaughter's... relatives. That's about it I think... A few others from Yuma but can't remember the last names. I say go... like they said... wtf... go :D

Krazy K
08-01-2006, 05:54 PM
My 10 year was at the Queen Mary in '97.
Woodbridge Warriors Class of 1987!!!!
It was ok. It was good to see your old buddies you hung out with, but to pay $4 for a bottle of beer wasn't too cool. Had no DJ. The slideshow projector had a burned out lightbulb(wouldn't you check that and have a spare just in case? Considering how many 10 year reunions there are in your life!)
Ended up talking to a gal that I was bitter enemies with in HS. Funny story...back in HS, we were in the gym for PE when her knee pops and she collapses. I laughed as hard as I could!
I'm definatly going to my 20 year as I'll have something to show for it.

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 05:58 PM
I have heard the same thing from others that have gone to their 10 and 20 year reunions.
Funny how people change in 20 years.

Havasu Doug
08-01-2006, 06:00 PM
I missed my 20 year to go to a party at the knuckle heads instead. One of my older brothers went to my reunion in my place. :D

Her454
08-01-2006, 06:51 PM
I can't remember the few from NAU that went to Kofa... but I had a roomate Shanon, and I knew the Fiars & Slaughter's... relatives. That's about it I think... A few others from Yuma but can't remember the last names. I say go... like they said... wtf... go :D
Hmmmm I had a Mr Slaughter that was my principal in grade school.... had a daughter named Liz I think. Fiar sounds familar but cant place any faces.
Maybe Infomaniac knows them....but then again he hung out on the stoner hill so I doubt it LOL.....(he's gonna kill me for that)
I'll probably go, and if its a dud I'll call up MrsRacer, Jordy or DILLIGAF and head South for my rainchecks :)

lalhc
08-01-2006, 07:26 PM
I went to my 10 year w/my wife and we almost got in a divorce.
I went to my 20 by myself and I had a blast! We both agreed to go solo to our own reunions.

DILLIGAF
08-01-2006, 08:02 PM
I'll probably go, and if its a dud I'll call up MrsRacer, Jordy or DILLIGAF and head South for my rainchecks :)
Let me know the dates and I will be on call :)

Her454
08-01-2006, 08:03 PM
Let me know the dates and I will be on call :)
Will do. :)

JustDawn
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
Leaving Thursday to go to the 30 year....Gak! Did I say that out loud???? :rollside:
Ah well, Mom and Dad still live in Albuquerque, so we can visit them too.
Nice thing about it, Classes of 75 (me), 76, and 77 are participating. I'll get to see a lot of friends that were a bit younger than me. I think that's a good idea, better turnout and more people to divide the costs.
There were 750 or so in my class alone, they are expecting over 1,000 attendees.
Small world....
Would that be the Eldorado reunion?
I'm debating whether to go ...(PlayDeep)

Throttle
08-01-2006, 08:21 PM
no

Hardly Satisfied
08-02-2006, 01:41 AM
missed my 10 yr went to my 20 yr was not all that bad saw alot of people change

centerhill condor
08-02-2006, 03:32 AM
you know, I went to the 10th and had a good enough time... but I really didn't care for my classmates that much in school and very little changed. Now they're just old and fat. some have done well while most have just kinda settled into a rut. One thing is certain, you see the results of continued smoking, drinking, etc!

rrrr
08-02-2006, 11:42 AM
Small world....
Would that be the Eldorado reunion?
I'm debating whether to go ...(PlayDeep)
Sure is......c'mon, show up. I'll buy you a beer..... :rollside:

Quality Time
08-02-2006, 12:27 PM
I fly out a week from tomorrow for my 25th. Since I'll be boating most of the time the reunion can suck and I will still have a good time :p

RitcheyRch
08-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Sort of what I was thinking. I see a few old school mates every now and then and they still into the drug scene. Have heard one of my classmates is on death row and another one got life. Not really the type I wanna see at a reunion.
you know, I went to the 10th and had a good enough time... but I really didn't care for my classmates that much in school and very little changed. Now they're just old and fat. some have done well while most have just kinda settled into a rut. One thing is certain, you see the results of continued smoking, drinking, etc!

Second "PLACE"
08-02-2006, 01:10 PM
Well, I went to both 10 & 20 and got pure entertaiment value from each. Laughed that all the girls that thought they were hot sheet in school, are now fat and unatractive.(Same for the guys) The less than popular girls in high school were the hotties of my 20 year....WOW :p The Entertainment was watching everyone drink too much and act like, well.......High schoolers!
"The 10 year is all about trying to impress": very true "The 20 year more real---divorces, etc.": VERY true.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
I had a boyfriend who already graduated from a different highschool when I was a senior so my entire senior year I pretty much began the process of losing touch with the people I went to school with. I considered going to my 10 year but opted against it since I could have really cared less about anyone. My 20 year is in 2009 and I have intention of going.
My high school was a joke. Although there was the biggest drug bust at the time there. :rollside:

ratso
08-02-2006, 01:24 PM
I had a boyfriend who already graduated from a different highschool when I was a senior so my entire senior year I pretty began the process of losing touch with the people I went to school with. I considered going to my 10 year but opted against it since I could have really cared less about anyone. My 20 year is in 2009 and I have intention of going.
My high school was a joke. Although there was the biggest drug bust at the time there. :rollside:
...so how long did they lock ya up for??? :rollside:

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-02-2006, 01:28 PM
...so how long did they lock ya up for??? :rollside:
LOL! Not me, but they busted teachers, students, coaches, etc....my high school was a bunch of rich white kids with nothing better to do than spend daddy's money. :boxed:

TAF
08-02-2006, 01:53 PM
My unsocialble wife (now EX-) didn't go w/ me to my 10 or 20 yr reunion and I had a blast. We both went to her 20th and had a blast too. At my 10th the plain Jane's had blossomed into the hotties and a couple of the H.S. hotties were on there way down. At my 20th I was bummed that a girl who I'd had a crush on in H.S. and had been one of the plain Janes turned divorced hottie and shown me some attention at the 10th didn't show up to my 20th. I was a good boy at both but my ex- said we had to divorce just 3 weeks later. At the 20th the ones from the 10th on there way down had hit bottom or not even shown. After getting divorced I did get to meet up w/ the plain Jane turned hottie and fell in love. She ended up breaking my heart but she was worth it.....oh was she worth it!
If you have the chance to go you must take it....nothing venture, nothing gained!
I don't think my new girlfriend would want me to go to my 25th I'm sure I'd have a mwhole lotta fun if I did.

fleetimus
08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Traci,
Is this your 30th or 40th reunion?? J/K
I missed my 10th, but I would do the 20th again. Had one of the best times of my life. A couple of high school fantasies came to fruition!!!!!!!!!!
My 40th is in two years and I will not miss it!!!!
Grandpa

Her454
08-02-2006, 02:13 PM
Traci,
Is this your 30th or 40th reunion?? J/K
I missed my 10th, but I would do the 20th again. Had one of the best times of my life. A couple of high school fantasies came to fruition!!!!!!!!!!
My 40th is in two years and I will not miss it!!!!
Grandpa
Hey Gramps- We didnt have a 25 last year so they are combining with a few other classes that are having theirs. Makes it a little nicer because I had alot of friends a year ahead of me, and a year behind me.