PDA

View Full Version : 22-Month Old Baby Loves to Water Ski

HocusPocus
08-01-2006, 03:59 PM
MENOMONIE, Wis. (AP) - You may have to look twice, but yes, that's a baby water-skiing on Tainter Lake in western Wisconsin. Twenty-two-month-old Cole Marsolek of Menomonie took up water-skiing last Wednesday on a training ski.
Since then he has skied everyday and only fell once, said his mother, Lissa Marsolek.
"He absolutely loves it," Lissa said. "He popped right up the first time. He is a little showboat, waving to everyone and blowing kisses at people as we go by."
The parents' Mastercraft ski boat travels slowly, pulling his training ski, which is shaped like a sled.
Both Lissa, 26, and her husband Chad, 31, have water-skied since they were children. Lissa started at age 3.
"It's a little in Cole's blood," she said.
Before learning to ski, he was taught by his parents to float with a life jacket and hold his breath. He is not allowed near the water without his life jacket.
Cole has great balance and someone is always on the back of the boat if Cole falls, Lissa said.
When asked what the boy wants to do, he says, "Ski, please." He also is able to say "fall," and when asked if he is ready to ski he says, "Go," his mother said.
The couple also has a 5-month-old daughter, Kinsey, but she hasn't started skiing yet.
my kids were around 7 when they wanted to water ski, guess mine are late starters. :)

blown dough
08-01-2006, 04:08 PM
Wow, I thought I was young when I started to ski, I was 3.

ratso
08-01-2006, 04:10 PM
lmao... blowing kisses... what a player!

HCS
08-01-2006, 04:16 PM
My boy is just about to turn 7. Say's he still not ready.
He did try a couple times this year though.
He can wait till he's ready.

HavasuSelect
08-01-2006, 04:28 PM
Wow, I thought I was young when I started to ski, I was 3.
ya, same here!

Partycattin
08-01-2006, 04:33 PM
Got my daugter on one of those ski boards @ age 3. She moved quickly to the wakeboard at age 4.
My son just turned 3 and got up on the skiboard for about 10 minutes. He was waving and rocking back and forth on it. All was good until he fell. Didn't like being out in the water and away from the boat at all. Hasn't wanted to try it since.

2Driver
08-01-2006, 05:48 PM
The parents are focking idiots and ought to be slapped up side head. Some people shouldn't be parents. Of course all IMO.

RitcheyRch
08-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Very cool.

ratso
08-01-2006, 06:10 PM
The parents are focking idiots and ought to be slapped up side head. Some people shouldn't be parents. Of course all IMO.
...he's just skiing, not barefooting or jumping ramps. That's next week damnit. :D

INFINITEJJ
08-01-2006, 06:33 PM
I was 5 when I started, only because thats when Pop's got the boat. My brother was still in diapers when my uncle would get left behind on shore to hold him up to get him started. He also had to wear his shoes to stay in the bindings.

riverjunkie
08-02-2006, 09:00 AM
I can remember the first time I got up on my captain kid training ski's like it was yesterday, my dad pulling me with our flat, those were the days. My oldest daughter has tried and once she falls she doesnt want to try again. She do it when she's ready I guess.

NautiTwins
08-02-2006, 09:19 AM
Got my daugter on one of those ski boards @ age 3. She moved quickly to the wakeboard at age 4.
My son just turned 3 and got up on the skiboard for about 10 minutes. He was waving and rocking back and forth on it. All was good until he fell. Didn't like being out in the water and away from the boat at all. Hasn't wanted to try it since.
Try a boom. It is much safer since you can have someone sitting in the back of the boat and when they fall you are right there, instead of 75 feet away.

Kim Hanson
08-02-2006, 09:44 AM
I think you are wrong, I would rather have my kids on the water with me and enjoying it over sitting watching TV & playing stupid X-Box..........( . )( . )....... :rolleyes:

NautiTwins
08-02-2006, 09:47 AM
I think you are wrong, I would rather have my kids on the water with me and enjoying it over sitting watching TV & playing stupid X-Box..........( . )( . )....... :rolleyes:
Agreed! My boys were 3 months old on thier first trip to Mohave and have been on the boat with us every weekend since then. They just turned 1, they can float on thier belly and back, hold thier breath and are completely comforatble in the boat. I would not have it any other way.

RitcheyRch
08-02-2006, 09:51 AM
So true.

Her454
08-02-2006, 09:54 AM
Don't be jealous because you dont have the patience or apparently the mentality either, to accomplish this.......... I think its great that they take the time to teach their child, regardless of age. Sounds to me like they are being very safe and conscientious while doing it too. If a child isn't afraid of the water why not encourage them to learn and enjoy it?
Oh, and of course all IMHO. :rollside:

Kim Hanson
08-02-2006, 09:58 AM
Agreed! My boys were 3 months old on thier first trip to Mohave and have been on the boat with us every weekend since then. They just turned 1, they can float on thier belly and back, hold thier breath and are completely comforatble in the boat. I would not have it any other way.
I think more parents should take there kids out early in life and get them comfy with water, Christ my oldest wants first dibs on my boat in my avatar if I ever sell it :cool: I let them pick which boat to take to the lake also, you have to get them in some decisions made on the lake and what you want to do that day..rip hard..or tubing and kneeboarding...........( . )( . )........... :cool:

Kim Hanson
08-02-2006, 10:02 AM
Don't be jealous because you dont have the patience or apparently the mentality either, to accomplish this.......... I think its great that they take the time to teach their child, regardless of age. Sounds to me like they are being very safe and conscientious while doing it too. If a child isn't afraid of the water why not encourage them to learn and enjoy it?
What a tongue lashing that was :p ............( . )( . )..........How did you get accustomed to the water ? I was thrown in and told to paddle, it worked for me though :p

Kim Hanson
08-02-2006, 10:07 AM
That is what i say exactly. Much rather have them out in the boat then sitting at home
See and here I thought you were a tard, you are cool in my books :p ..........( . )( . )...........

HCS
08-02-2006, 10:15 AM
Saw it on the news this morning. Looked pretty cool. The kid was having a blast.
He was waving to the camera and laughing.
I don't know why they just don't call him 2 years old. :rolleyes:

HocusPocus
08-02-2006, 10:22 AM
I don't know way they just don't call him 2 years old. :rolleyes:
probably because it makes him sound younger. :) but that only works under a certain age.. for instance im 528 months. :skull:

Kim Hanson
08-02-2006, 10:34 AM
Sorry to let ya down:crossx:
No, I have enough people to pick on :p ..............( . )( . ).............

2Driver
08-02-2006, 10:41 AM
Don't be jealous because you dont have the patience or apparently the mentality either, to accomplish this..........
Thanks for the personal attack in expressing your opinion. :rolleyes:

Kim Hanson
08-02-2006, 10:49 AM
You asked for it brah..........( . )( . ).............. :)

2Driver
08-02-2006, 11:04 AM
You asked for it brah..........( . )( . ).............. :)
:D

HCS
08-02-2006, 11:14 AM
probably because it makes him sound younger. :) but that only works under a certain age.. for instance im 528 months. :skull:
Good point. I'm going to start calling myself 567 months old.
For this month anyway. :rolleyes:

Her454
08-02-2006, 11:42 AM
ROTFLMAO. You have over a thousand posts logged and you think I personally attacked you? You should know better by now. If I wanted to personally attack you I would have slapped you up side the head and called you a focking idiot :rollside: .....and told you how I really felt.......... :rollside:

2Driver
08-02-2006, 11:57 AM
ROTFLMAO. You have over a thousand posts logged and you think I personally attacked you? You should know better by now. If I wanted to personally attack you I would have slapped you up side the head and called you a focking idiot :rollside: .....and told you how I really felt.......... :rollside:
Promise? :rollside: :) :rollside:

Her454
08-02-2006, 12:00 PM
Promise? :rollside: :) :rollside:
From the bottom of my heart.................... :rollside:

Bense468
08-02-2006, 12:11 PM
The kids name is cole...wonder how long this thread will last.

Dribble
08-02-2006, 12:13 PM
That's nothing. I heard about a guy who had his four year old racing motorcycles. I think his name is James Stewart Sr. Someone should have called CPS on him.