PDA

View Full Version : Floyd Landis tests positive for synthetic testosterone

Nord
08-01-2006, 03:59 PM
Nobody else posted anything, so I thought I would......
What a f*cking sham!!!!!!!!!
Why would you take anything that would jeopardize a win in the Tour de France??
P.O.S. disgrace to America!!! He should have everything stripped from him (sponsor money, medal, etc.>)

core attitude
08-01-2006, 04:03 PM
He should have everything stripped from him (sponsor money, medal, etc.>)
you forgot testicles.......

ratso
08-01-2006, 04:04 PM
Nobody else posted anything, so I thought I would......
What a f*cking sham!!!!!!!!!
Why would you take anything that would jeopardize a win in the Tour de France??
P.O.S. disgrace to America!!! He should have everything stripped from him (sponsor money, medal, etc.>)
You'll get just about as far with this as discussing politics, religion, Ford vs Chevy, Kilrtoy vs Lowriver, and Jordy vs Summitkarl. Some will agree and some won't.

DeeCandyBar
08-01-2006, 04:05 PM
oh please. you obviously don't know anything about the sport of cycling.

core attitude
08-01-2006, 04:07 PM
oh please. you obviously don't know anything about the sport of cycling.
Enlighten us then..........

Nord
08-01-2006, 04:30 PM
If you know so much about cycling then you know that failing a drug test is grounds for Disqualification............enough said cycling guru ;)
~NORD~

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 04:37 PM
That really sucks all around.
It must really blow to walk in Lance Armstrong's foot steps. I couldn't imagine the pressure he was under.
I watched a few interviews prior to the race and everyone seemed to go out of their way to not mention Lance's name. They were pretending he didn't exist. I think some of them resented the way that's all everyone seemed to care about. Media questions were prefaced with, "So in the post Armstrong era..." and you could see these guys weren't liking it.

SmokinLowriderSS
08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
I gotta agree with NORD. Dude was stupid, whether under pressure to perform or not, and got nailed. Now needs to be hung out to dry.
Lance Armstrong, the ULTIMATE biking stud. The f'ing french never nailed him for cheating while he whipped their little pus-boy arses for YEARS!!!!!

RAMROD
08-01-2006, 04:56 PM
I feel that athletes should be able to shoot up or take anything they want to put into their bodies to give them whatever edge they need.

Seadog
08-01-2006, 05:01 PM
In case you haven't noticed, the French have made every dishonest effort to discredit American cyclists. The French have total control over the race, and the testing. Somehow, they have managed to leak every real and unreal (emphasis on unreal) test results, if it made anyone from the U.S. look bad. Look at the intensity of the attacks by the French press on this. And since the French is doing everything for this race, some low-life could easily spike food, drink or anything else to affect the results.

core attitude
08-01-2006, 05:51 PM
The French have total control over the race, and the testing.
Isn't the testing conducted by the UCI which is Swiss based?

house
08-01-2006, 06:15 PM
Him testing positive is one thing but the fact that there was a synthetic substance in there leads them to believe someone may have "doctored" the sample.
At least that is what I heard.

Nord
08-01-2006, 06:37 PM
Athletes are entertainers, plain and simple. Who cares what they hell they do, they all cheat and we all know that. Justin Gatlin, the world's fastest man, is about to be banned for life. They all cheat. They have to cheat because everybody else is cheating too. I'm from the school of "who the hell cares, it's just a game."
I can't believe you would say this being such a sports fan....

ratso
08-01-2006, 06:42 PM
I can't believe you would say this being such a sports fan....
...as a Sports fan myself, I have to agree with SWB...
They are performance enhancing drugs. Some group just decides they are illegal which I think is total BS. Outlaw booze and cigarettes too. :rolleyes:

YeLLowBoaT
08-01-2006, 06:44 PM
Whats strange is you don't take Roids during the race. You take them b4.
I am not defending him, just something I find strange.

Nord
08-01-2006, 06:46 PM
...as a Sports fan myself, I have to agree with SWB...
They are performance enhancing drugs. Some group just decides they are illegal which I think is total BS. Outlaw booze and cigarettes too. :rolleyes:
Yeah but its not fair to the guys that follow the rules (or have to for that matter)
~NORD~

ratso
08-01-2006, 06:47 PM
Yeah but its not fair to the guys that follow the rules (or have to for that matter)
~NORD~
You have a point, but I think rules like that suck.

ratso
08-01-2006, 06:49 PM
You have a point, but I think rules like that suck.
It's the evolution of man and science. Maybe we should only be allowed to race model t's. It's simply not fair that Indy or Nascar has evolved as it has then???

MBlaster
08-01-2006, 06:50 PM
All pro cyclists use something, they aren't unlike every freaking pro athlete in the world. It's just that they get tested more than any other pro in the world. Testo-juice is used rampantly in all sports.

ratso
08-01-2006, 07:10 PM
your gonna go to hell for that one:D
I think they reserved a spot for me awhile back... :cry:

Tom Brown
08-01-2006, 07:30 PM
Outlaw booze and cigarettes too. :rolleyes:
I wonder what RiverDave's position on a rule like that would be. :idea:

Nord
08-01-2006, 07:34 PM
It's the evolution of man and science. Maybe we should only be allowed to race model t's. It's simply not fair that Indy or Nascar has evolved as it has then???
did you just quote yourself above??? lol ;)
~NORD~

ratso
08-01-2006, 07:52 PM
did you just quote yourself above??? lol ;)
~NORD~
Yeah, figured it was easier than editing lol...