PDA

View Full Version : nobody tp's my house & messes with my shit & gets away with it!

DeeCandyBar
08-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Nobody TPs my lawn and gets away with it!
Mom tracks tissue suspects with store records, surveillance tape, database
The Associated Press
Updated: 11:20 a.m. PT Aug 1, 2006
NORCO, Calif. - Teenagers who toilet-papered and damaged a home now face felony vandalism charges because of a mother's extraordinary sleuthing.
Katja Base, mother of six, was unwilling to let the teens get away with it, saying she tracked them down to teach her kids about accountability.
Base awoke one February morning to find her front lawn strewn in white two-ply toilet paper. She and husband Ken also found damaged landscaping and light fixtures as well as ruined finishes on two cars.
Dog food and flour also covered the lawn.
Realizing the sheriff's department has better things to do than track down teen pranksters, Katja Base decided to do some detective work.
"There needs to be accountability," she said. "Mainly, I pursued this as a lesson for my daughters. I don't want them to ever come to me and ask why I didn't do anything about this."
The tale of the register tape
Base persuaded supermarket managers to tally daily toilet-paper buys for the week and a Stater Bros. manager said there was a run on bathroom tissue two days before her home was vandalized.
At 7:30 p.m. Feb. 17, someone bought 144 rolls of toilet paper, cheese, dog food, flour and plastic forks, the same items found on her lawn and house. It was a cash transaction, making it difficult to trace the purchaser, but the store had video surveillance.
Let's go to the videotape
The video showed four teenagers making the purchase, one of them wearing a Norco High School letterman's jacket with a name stitched across the back. The store's parking lot surveillance camera showed the truck they were using.
Base then borrowed a Norco High yearbook and used online databases to get the name, phone numbers and addresses of the teens on the store tape.
"Her work was instrumental in helping us to identify the suspects," said Lt. Ross Cooper of the Riverside County Sheriff's Department.
The information was eventually sent to the district attorney's office and prosecutors confirmed that about six youths were now facing vandalism charges. However, they would not release details of the case or names of the defendants because they are juveniles.
The maximum penalty for the adult would be three years in prison; the juveniles could face probation and restitution, district attorney's office spokeswoman Ingrid Wyatt said.

h2oski2fast
08-01-2006, 06:43 PM
All ready been posted

Run_em_Hard
08-01-2006, 06:43 PM
Good for her...tp is one thing but breaking shit and messing with cars in another.

ratso
08-01-2006, 06:44 PM
If some guy tracked them down he'd be a hero. She's just a bitch. :crossx:

Hardly Satisfied
08-02-2006, 01:57 AM
read it in todays newspaper , that was crazy they did more than tp the house . thay sould have just stopped at that

centerhill condor
08-02-2006, 03:30 AM
waist high barbed wire usually fixes the problem without prosecution. what about motion sensor lights?

JetBoatRich
08-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Punk Kids :rolleyes: hard to believe the bought all the items :rolleyes:

RitcheyRch
08-02-2006, 04:59 AM
The kids definitely spent some money on the items. The lady should become a police detective.