PDA

View Full Version : Any Bankers here, have a question..

bigq
08-01-2006, 07:55 PM
How long do the banks keep records and what happens when they change names or sell?
Thanks

C-2
08-01-2006, 09:38 PM
How long do the banks keep records and what happens when they change names or sell?
Thanks
Did ya start by calling the bank first?
What type you looking for (i.e., copies of statements, charges, daily balances, checks etc). If you have a specific bank name, I might be able to get you a general idea.
With all the mergers which continue to happen; GLB, US Patriot Act and a littany of other ever-changing regulations, I doubt anybody will be able to give you any type of accurate answer. I'm not a banker, but am somewhat familiar with the type of question you are asking.
Lemme know :)

ChumpChange
08-02-2006, 06:34 AM
Thanks
A sale or merger will not mean the disposal of records. The records are just moved to a different branch or different center, depending on what records you are talking about. With the digitalization of paperwork, I'd say any records, even bank statements go back a ridiculous amount of years.
Please be more specific and I'll give you a more specific answer.

NautiTwins
08-02-2006, 07:27 AM
Legally for 7 years. However most financial institutions have records that go back many years.