PDA

View Full Version : Sagurao this Sunday

james
08-01-2006, 11:21 PM
Who's all going to be at Saguaro this Sunday. I havent seen everybody since Memorial. Just got new 850cfm wanted to get some input from you guy's to make sure I tunned the carb. right. See you then, Also wanted to know who's coming with to Big River on Labor day. Spit hope to see you there.

77hallett
08-02-2006, 01:24 AM
wish i could go but my boat is out comission. :cry: :cry:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-02-2006, 06:22 AM
Are you still running the tunnel ram? If so I hope your running 2 carbs!!!! If not you are going to be in the lean area.....
I am waiting for a cam. I dont know if I will able to make it. Maybe..

460 jus getn it
08-02-2006, 07:33 AM
Wont be at saguaro sunday, but ill be at bartlett saturday.......................

james
08-02-2006, 08:43 AM
I'm still running the RAM with one carb. I was haveing some problems with the other one so Phil ordered me an 850cfm with mechanical secondaries. Talked to Squirtcha and he says not to use two carbs. So who knows.

Bigern
08-02-2006, 07:02 PM
Me and Vindog will be there, havent run in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to lake day sunday. :rollside:

squirt'nmyload
08-02-2006, 07:33 PM
we camped out there last saturday night....rained the whole fockin night...got up in the morning and headed strait for the docks...the water was full of shiat....along with the beaches

Squirtcha?
08-02-2006, 07:33 PM
I'm still running the RAM with one carb. I was haveing some problems with the other one so Phil ordered me an 850cfm with mechanical secondaries. Talked to Squirtcha and he says not to use two carbs. So who knows.
Hold on a minute. I said you didn't need a tunnelram with two carbs on your near stock motor.
What I recommend is that you switch to a good dual plane or single plane intake with a single carb.
Remember I said that the single tunnelram was notorious for a poor air/fuel mix.
Quote me if you like James...............but please don't mis-quote me.

james
08-02-2006, 09:36 PM
That is right Squirtcha However I only assumed you were running a singal 850 with a tunnel ram bassed on the picture of your web site. My Weind has the the option for both singal and double carbs. I never had a clue your set up was any differnent. I guess now I know hope to see you Sunday

james
08-02-2006, 09:54 PM
????? If singal carburetor tunnel rams suck so bad than why the hell do the make them. :mad:

Squirtcha?
08-03-2006, 05:10 AM
????? If singal carburetor tunnel rams suck so bad than why the hell do the make them. :mad:
Once again.........I said that some guys have been able to make em work.
I believe you even said that all your plug's color looked good? If that's the case then you must be pretty close to being in tune.
Why'd they make em? Your guess would be as good (or better) than mine.

460 jus getn it
08-03-2006, 07:07 AM
Very true, some guys have been able to make them work, i know of one fomer jetter who had a problem of leaning out on the corners with his tunnel ram and single 850.

squirt'nmyload
08-03-2006, 08:38 AM
decided to take the day off today....i'm headin out to saguaro in about a hour or so.....anyone else???

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-03-2006, 09:35 AM
same reason why they sell alot of things in this world that dont work!!!!!!!
Its the same scenario if you were to look into fat burners. The bottle might state that it will dramatically reduce body weight but actually you only loose 2 lbs. Do you believe everything you see,read or hear???????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If you want your motor to run better ditch the single carb and run 2!!!! IF not ditch the tunnelram and run a single or dual plane manifold with that 850....

460 jus getn it
08-03-2006, 10:04 AM
same reason why they sell alot of things in this world that dont work!!!!!!!
Its the same scenario if you were to look into fat burners. The bottle might state that it will dramatically reduce body weight but actually you only loose 2 lbs. Do you believe everything you see,read or hear???????? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
If you want your motor to run better ditch the single carb and run 2!!!! IF not ditch the tunnelram and run a single or dual plane manifold with that 850....
WORD.............................................. ..............................................

cave
08-03-2006, 07:45 PM
What chu saying Mike? You haven't tried our Fat Burner yet. Not that you need it. Ours does work. lol. We gave out free bottles and these people actually lost weight. Its a balance. Balanced diet and exercise are all you need but some folks need a little help. Like me:p
Xpedrine (http://www.naturesbest-vitamins.com/)
My nieces hubby has lost 20 lbs. Now if we can get him to start hitting the gym, He would be a monster all ripped.
When I get back from our Vegas plant I'll give you a bottle.
Oh almost forgot I wont be able to make it to the lake. This is the only bad part of the this business deal that sucks. For now.

james
08-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Mike do I believe everything I see, hear. To answer that I would'nt have made this far in life if I did. Hey do you want help putting that cam in, Phil helped me put one in ONE TIME. All I do is eat, breath and sleep CAMs.
WORD.............................................. ....................................

460 jus getn it
08-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Mike do I believe everything I see, hear. To answer that I would'nt have made this far in life if I did. Hey do you want help putting that cam in, Phil helped me put one in ONE TIME. All I do is eat, breath and sleep CAMs.
WORD.............................................. ....................................
Im pretty sure the last thing he needs is your help with his boat. Might want to work on getting yours right first............................................. ............

james
08-04-2006, 12:27 PM
It's just an inside JOKE

460 jus getn it
08-04-2006, 12:38 PM
I might venture out sunday, dont know if my ford will want to be around all those chevys though......I think i can convince her to run good, o wait she allways does...........

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-04-2006, 02:00 PM
You might want to stick with card dealing cuz your jakes are not that funny bro! FYI, I built my whole boat. I see that your getting a little big headed on here. If your boat is oh so great then lets run! Ill be back next weekend and ready to roll. Bring your single carb and tunnel ram and I'll show ya how a dual carb set up is supposed to run on a tunnel ram. Since you have so much time to post on here why dont you pull some spark plugs for us?? Pull cylinders #1,2,7, and 8??? Take a picture and post them on here.. Usually on a BBC the lean cylinder is #5 but in your case it will be all 4 corners.....

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-04-2006, 02:16 PM
It's just an inside JOKE
Another inside joke...... 460's boat sure does run good with the pump I built:rolleyes:

james
08-04-2006, 05:30 PM
gee Mike why the Hostility?? I hope I'm not getting under you skin :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-04-2006, 06:33 PM
no hostility bro. Just tired of everyone sticking thier noses in other peeps business. Especially when they dont know the whole story. I wont jump on the bandwagon and start flamming people. We will just see how my shit performs on the water. My boats performance will speak for its self..............

taxman
08-04-2006, 06:53 PM
I lurk alot and 396 isn't this the second time you had to rebuild your shit??? Not being a smart ass but hey maybe you want to try to make it bigger and better???

james
08-04-2006, 08:44 PM
I'm sure you will do well 396 may I ask what type of cam your putting in??

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I lurk alot and 396 isn't this the second time you had to rebuild your shit??? Not being a smart ass but hey maybe you want to try to make it bigger and better???
Keep on lurking brotha. My motor hasnt been rebuilt. I put new bearrings in every year. Its a high compression motor and the upper rod bearrings need replaced if you run the shit out of it.
The cam got hurt from a polyloc comming loose and falling into the lifter valley. The motor actually still runs but i dont halfass anything. Im changing the cam for piece of mind;) I have alot of top $$ parts in my motor and dont need bigger.Right now Im at 12.5-1 compression. Do I need to go to 15-1??:confused:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-04-2006, 09:27 PM
I'm sure you will do well 396 may I ask what type of cam your putting in??
the same cam thats in it now. Clay smith solid. 258@.050/.615 lift/108 lobe
Bitchin' cam that works very well with my setup. It sounds bitchin as well;)

james
08-04-2006, 10:49 PM
why the same one? May I suggest a 280 high lift 231 at 50 :)

james
08-04-2006, 10:51 PM
Also maybe Tax is right just lower your compresion and put a blower on what do you think. Just a thought. :cool:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-05-2006, 10:15 AM
why the same one? May I suggest a 280 high lift 231 at 50 :)
Nope, too small!!! I had one of those in my olds back in the day. It worked really well but was too small. I am going to run the same one because my springs are set up for that. I dont want to pull the whole motor apat. I just have the intake off now. No need to change anything because everything worked well last year. ;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-05-2006, 10:57 AM
Also maybe Tax is right just lower your compresion and put a blower on what do you think. Just a thought. :cool:
Naw,too much time and work. I have a few thing in progress. I am going to be getting a gullwing or a 19ft picklefork soon. My cheena will be fine.
Hey taxman, are you still trying to be a boat broker?? Did you finally settle down with one boat yet????

Jordy
08-05-2006, 11:06 AM
My boats performance will speak for its self..............
Yeah and it will still say jetboat. :notam: :D

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Yeah and it will still say jetboat. :notam: :D
Sup jordy? How was vegas bro?
Since were in this thread why dont you tell james how well a single carb tunnel ram works? You had one on your jet back in the day. He doesnt think that it will run lean in the corners. Dont get me wrong, your boat was a running son of a biotch. I can vouch for that;)

james
08-05-2006, 11:32 AM
Mike
what's all intailed for changing a cam. I'm really happy with what I have. I heard this other guy's engine at idle, and you can hear the lift really good. Just thought I might add something to my add on list this winter. I know I have to rebuild the pump it never got done this season. Phil looked at the impeller a few months ago saw that it was a pretty good stainless however there an 1/8 inch clearence between impeller and wear ring I'm told it should be 30'000 of an inch. :p

Jordy
08-05-2006, 12:05 PM
Would be much more fun if I wasn't up there so often and if I was going for something other than work. :notam:
Since were in this thread why dont you tell james how well a single carb tunnel ram works? You had one on your jet back in the day. He doesnt think that it will run lean in the corners. Dont get me wrong, your boat was a running son of a biotch. I can vouch for that;)
It ran great when it was 8:1 compression, however, when we twisted things up a little bit, like up to 10.5:1 I couldn't ever get the corners fat enough. It would go dead lean up top and ultimately ended up knocking some meat off the pistons in the area of the ring lands. That was a single tunnel with an 830 Holley that came off an SS boat. I dumped that in favor of a Super Victor and a 1050 Dominator and all my lean out issues went away. ;)

77charger
08-05-2006, 01:15 PM
But you need to remember ol jordy had the popcorn bowl on top of his carb oops i meant velocity stack :rollside: :crossx:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Mike
what's all intailed for changing a cam. I'm really happy with what I have. I heard this other guy's engine at idle, and you can hear the lift really good. Just thought I might add something to my add on list this winter. I know I have to rebuild the pump it never got done this season. Phil looked at the impeller a few months ago saw that it was a pretty good stainless however there an 1/8 inch clearence between impeller and wear ring I'm told it should be 30'000 of an inch. :p
Cam change is very easy. Pull the intake,lifters and rockers out. Pull the timming cover,timming chatn and harmonic balalncer off. Then the old cam will slide out. Install the new cam,lifters,etc. Its not that hard bro. Whats in your motor?
If you have a stainless impeller. All you need to do is buy a reseal kit with a bearring and a new wearring. As long as your impeller isnt chewed up you should be fine. Your clearance can vary with different manufacturers wearrings. THe average lakeboat will vary from .0025-.0050 in clearance. If you have .125 clearance in your pump you have serious issues. Does your boat cavitate bad? You are losing alot of holeshot,drivability and top end with a loose pump.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-05-2006, 02:57 PM
It ran great when it was 8:1 compression, however, when we twisted things up a little bit, like up to 10.5:1 I couldn't ever get the corners fat enough. It would go dead lean up top and ultimately ended up knocking some meat off the pistons in the area of the ring lands. That was a single tunnel with an 830 Holley that came off an SS boat. I dumped that in favor of a Super Victor and a 1050 Dominator and all my lean out issues went away. ;)
there it is in black and white;)

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-05-2006, 02:58 PM
But you need to remember ol jordy had the popcorn bowl on top of his carb oops i meant velocity stack :rollside: :crossx:
Old school in da house:D

Jordan_23_85205
08-05-2006, 03:10 PM
^^^^Don't you ever work? All I see you doing is posted on HB. LOL
You riding with anyone tomorrow?

Vin-Dog
08-05-2006, 03:56 PM
^^^^Don't you ever work? All I see you doing is posted on HB. LOL
You riding with anyone tomorrow?
Hey Bro,
So who is rolling out tomorrow?? you never got back to me. Are the ladies still going?? let me know. The Big Ern and myself are ready to roll out first thing in the morning. Give me a call later and let me know!!!!!!!!
Later,
The Vin-Dog.......... :crossx: :crossx:

Jordan_23_85205
08-05-2006, 04:04 PM
Dude, I've almost gump and monika ready t go:) I'll call you in a little while.
Later

jamessampica
08-05-2006, 06:52 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/230519more_boatz_1_.jpg
Hello guy's!!!!

jamessampica
08-05-2006, 06:54 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/23052004_0101Boat0002.JPG
Later!!!!!!

Jordy
08-05-2006, 08:36 PM
Get it right, it was a fukkin' fish bowl. Oh, and it was good for 80mph on GPS with that setup. Just shy of 90 mph with the 1050. Not to shabby for a potato chip boat. :D