PDA

View Full Version : Dumbest thing ive done in a while

olbiezer
08-02-2006, 12:53 PM
took the daytona out today to test the msd . i replaced last week....put in new msd dist 6al box and blaster 2 coil......ran a 81.3 on the gps i was thrilled.......not bad for a motor that is just geting broken in.....and it was a sprint and let off never did hold that speed so prob went 2 mph faster...(gps takes 2 or 3 sec to get the right speed) .......now for the good part.......back at the ramp i back the trailer in as usuall.....floot the boat around to the trailer with a rope.....i step off the dock to pull the boat up and fall about two feet ( thinking its just a step down ) both knees shredded and i fall over the wench and sprain my thumb and a big red mark across my chest.......wait its not over yet........ :220v: ........i dont hook up the rod to the bow eye just use the wench strap nice and tight.........drive the one mile home and the boat has slid 3 feet forward on the trailer and scraped the plastic cover on the bumper......back the the ramp and back it in and slid it back and hook it up right (all the while blood draining down my legs into my shoes lol) ......woops the 3 plugs were out so there is 30 gallons of water in the boat lol (found out the bildge pump works like a champ though) not a problem it all drains out on the steep grade of the ramp.......home to the garage........THE END
thank god! :boxed:
ps forgot to add that someone took one of my trailer tail lights while i was out also.......unpluged it and away it went.......

Bense468
08-02-2006, 12:56 PM
Lock yourself in a room and don't come out till morning.

olbiezer
08-02-2006, 12:57 PM
good advise! can u send over your avitar to keep me company please?

Bense468
08-02-2006, 01:04 PM
I would but you would probably F that up too.

poncho-pwr
08-02-2006, 01:05 PM
I'm not gonna laugh cuz I've had those days. Start drinking now!!

olbiezer
08-02-2006, 01:09 PM
id laugh with ya all but my chest hurts too bad...... :rolleyes:

IMPATIENT 1
08-02-2006, 01:22 PM
lmao :p :p

IMPATIENT 1
08-02-2006, 01:23 PM
id laugh with ya all but my chest hurts too bad...... :rolleyes:
make me a nice deal on the boat and i'll carry away your worries,lol.seriously :)

Taylorman
08-02-2006, 01:34 PM
So where do you run that boat? You ever go to the reservoir in Jackson?

Keithb87
08-02-2006, 01:42 PM
At least you made it home with the tow rig and the trailer attached.
Remember this?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1217s_the_truck1-med.jpg

centerhill condor
08-02-2006, 02:11 PM
glad you survived... if you had hit your head and the light went out.... wear a life jacket when launching/recovery. You'll be okay.. nothing a couple of beers and some tlc can't fix.... wait until the bleeding stops before drinking. Nice boat by the way! we've got some dogs in here...

olbiezer
08-02-2006, 02:11 PM
taylorman yes i live about a mile from the res in jackson that was where i ran today in the big water......sometimes we go up river about a 25 mile pull for miles of smooth water come see us :)

El Prosecutor
08-02-2006, 02:27 PM
At least you made it home with the tow rig and the trailer attached.
Remember this?
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1217s_the_truck1-med.jpg
We never travel too far with the boat and are planning on taking it for a longer trip camping at the end of August. I have actually had a couple nightmares that closely resemble that pic. One was even worse. :skull:

Danhercules
08-02-2006, 02:37 PM
You gotta look at the bight side of things.
That dead skin on your knees and legs, gone. Great exfoliating (sp)
The thumb, so you cannot "have personal time" for a bit, so the wife will take care of ya!
Red mark on chest, looks like a sunburn and looks like you were at the lake!
Scratch on plactic cover, its now lookin like a truck that is used for something.
Blood running down in your shoes, you get to buy new shoes!
And the best part of all, Now you dont have to clean your bildge!!!!
Looks like a good day to me! :rollside: :p

olbiezer
08-02-2006, 04:34 PM
id really have reather cleaned my bildge
keept my old shoes
not have large gashes in my knees :)
keept my truck looking new
had personel time with myself and not have a spraned thumb
and finally not have sore ribs......but thanks anyway for the advise lol :rollside:

MikeF
08-02-2006, 07:12 PM
TOOOOO funny! :)
Some might say you made a mistake selling the Barron circle boat (it was a Hallett right?!) and buying a jet. (I might say the same :boxed: )
BUT...I have personally seen the Daytona Dragster you bought and say that you did make a good choice for your next boat! :cool: (I would buy that boat if I could find a place to put it and find a way to part w/ the $$)
Nice choice!

olbiezer
08-02-2006, 07:24 PM
mikef.......i blew the motor in the barron sprint.........would have cost me more to get a low power crate engine and put it in then to sell it to jj beaver and buy the daytona......i really like the daytona it hauls ass with a stainless b/c impeller........ i was always haveing problems with the barron......(prob why it blew up ) :220v: i will get a nice v drive someday after this boat probably......two guys have said they wanted to buy it from me allready.... :argue:

olbiezer
08-04-2006, 10:15 AM
can i come out of my room now? :argue: :)

jrork
08-04-2006, 10:23 AM
Now that's funny! Sorry to laugh at your pain but we've all been there (and will probably be there again)......... :D

74sleek
08-04-2006, 04:23 PM
The way I always see it is when you have that much bad stuff happen to you at one time, and we all experience that at some point I think, I know I do, you can look forward to having good luck for a long time because you just had all your bad luck at one time for the whole year!
Chris

DMOORE
08-04-2006, 04:43 PM
Been there brother. Pull up a REAL good bottle and don't leave the house.
THERE IS ALWAYS TOMORROW TO START OVER.
Darrell.

olbiezer
08-04-2006, 06:56 PM
getting back on the horse so to speak tomorrow......going up river on a weekend lol ill let ya know if my bad times continue :220v:

Dkahnjob
08-04-2006, 09:39 PM
Hi Ron,
Maybe you would do better retrieving you boat after drinking a few beers.
You don't know how lucky you are to be so close to lakes, we travel 320 miles to go to the lake (Havasu).