PDA

View Full Version : I went to Burley

blondebombshell
06-30-2002, 10:11 PM
Hi! I went to Burley this weekend. It was great, but also sad. The racing was spectactular. There wasn't any K boat racing, but there was an memoral for Lance Faulkner. All of his boats where their. The orginal owner of the Freedom boat drove that boat and did the jump out of the water thing that Lance did. Ty Newton drove the new yellow Canary boat that Lance built as well. The ss70 was their also, but I don't remember who drove it. The family is selling t-shirts for Riley (Lance's daughter) for her future education. I bought one of the shirts for $15.00. It has Lance on it and it says IT'S NOT WHO YOU ARE....IT'S WHAT YOU BECOME. With his racing stats. You can get it in either yellow or white. He has a wonderful family. My husband and I will miss him. After all he was our inspiration to get this nostalgic boat racing going here in WA. We had talked to him a lot about it.
There was also a memoral for Mike Hoban with the GN's. Those boats put on quite a race. They did a Marathon run for 15 minutes. It was amazing on the way they started the race and how it ended. They also had a four lap race. It was cool.
The Krackerbox boats where there. They were quite exciting to watch. I got to ride in one of these boats 2weeks prior to this at our very first Nostalgic race of the year. It was way to cool.
Anyway, there was 8 SS boats, 8 PS boats, 8 krackerboxes and 2 top alchol hydro drag boats there. You had to be there.
Unfortunately I can't tell you the out come of this race 'cause I had to be home on Sunday, my husband & daughter had to be at work on monday, and the drive was 9 1/2 hours long. We were there for two nights in the hub-bub of it all. Thanks to a friend, we lucked out and found 1 room still available at the Budget Inn in Burley. Just to cool to be in the middle of all the racers. Got to go.
ras

boatguy222
07-01-2002, 08:47 PM
BBS,
Hey, it was good to see you guys again, sorry you could stay for Sunday, It was better than Saturday, if you can believe that!! Tell your boat mechanic that I forgot to bring some 1/4" pipe plugs, so he'll have to use his finger(or someother part of his body) to plug up any holes he finds or leave open in your boat!!!

blondebombshell
07-01-2002, 09:42 PM
We can't let him live that one down.
So what happened on sunday. Fill me in please. I'm dying to know!
ras

boatguy222
07-01-2002, 10:03 PM
BBS,
See my post down the under "Burley Boat Races", It was a great race, sorry you guys could't stay.

CircleJerk
07-04-2002, 08:19 AM
Yes, I deserved that pipe plug crack, but I never said I was a Mechanic! If you have never been to Burley, let me say as a first time spectator, it's huge! However, I enjoyed milling around the pits just as much as viewing the race and the pace boat start! Some of the mechanics are boat race legends and their knowledge is flat amazing. Phil Berzeron, Don Cucci, Ken Wilcockson, just to name a few were always willing to help me out and explain their setups. I would recommend going to anyone new to flatties just for the education! The Faulkner tribute brought tears to my eyes especially after talking to the owner of the boat he was driving last November. I wish him all the best in his recovery and luck in his new SK100 project. That's all from the Jerk.