PDA

View Full Version : SDBA 2006 Race Schedule!!

Rocket
01-11-2006, 06:02 AM
Here's the SDBA's TENATIVE 2006 Schedule!!!
<2006 SDBA TENTATIVE Schedule>
April 28, 29 & 30 Waco - Duel On The Brazos
June 3 & 4 Brady - Heart Of Texas Thunder
July 1 & 2 Waco - Texas Shoot-Out
July 14, 15 & 16 - BrickTown Nationals
Aug 5 & 6 Ft. Worth - Cowtown Nationals
Aug 26 & 27 Bryan - Lake Bryan Nationals
I think it's pretty dang firm,,, But it still stands as "Tenative"!!!

Cheyenne372
01-11-2006, 07:11 AM
Here's the SDBA's TENATIVE 2006 Schedule!!!
I think it's pretty dang firm,,, But it still stands as "Tenative"!!!
Mike:
With all due respect, I would suggest that it is HUGELY, LARGELY, SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUSLY TENTATIVE!
Seen it change too many times...but it's nice to wish that it wouldn't!

Rocket
01-16-2006, 06:09 AM
Mike:
With all due respect, I would suggest that it is HUGELY, LARGELY, SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPEALIDOCIOUSLY TENTATIVE!
Seen it change too many times...but it's nice to wish that it wouldn't!
All things are subject to change! But At least it gets us DREAMING!!!!

Cheyenne372
01-16-2006, 06:28 AM
All things are subject to change! But At least it gets us DREAMING!!!!
I guess, but it's a disservice to racers and fans to put out a bogus schedule knowing that most have to make vacation plans only to have the race dates changed after the banquet!

progplb
01-16-2006, 08:08 AM
Speeking of planning things ... What is a nice inexpensive place to stay at in Waco that is close to the races?

Rocket
01-17-2006, 11:26 AM
Speeking of planning things ... What is a nice inexpensive place to stay at in Waco that is close to the races?
Nice AND Inexpensive in Waco????? I stayed in the Motel 6 (about 3 miles south of the river down I-35) last year (twice) and it was like $99.00 and SUCKED!
I've heard good things about the motel that's right down the road from the track (I-35 & MLK) .... I don't remember the name,,,,,,
But really,, WACO seems to be growing so fast,, that there just doesn't seem to be any "Nice Inexpencive" motels there right now!
How about it Cheyenne372,,,,Can you give us the Hook up on some "Nice Inexpencive motels in Waco??? I haven't been able to find one yet!
But at least it's not MF!!!!!!!! LOL!!!

Rocket
01-17-2006, 11:29 AM
I guess, but it's a disservice to racers and fans to put out a bogus schedule knowing that most have to make vacation plans only to have the race dates changed after the banquet!
Oh Sorry! Your probably right!
I'll correct any changes after the Banquet too!!!!!
CYA on the Rope!!

progplb
01-17-2006, 01:41 PM
Just got on the web to check some prices.
I do not know where these Hotels are in relation to the races but here is what I found. ( Maybe in the middle of downtown Gangstaville )
Price per night.
Comfort Inn 84.95
Laquinta 86.00
Best Western Main lodge 74.20
Best Western Waco Mall 60.67

Rocket
01-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Just got on the web to check some prices.
I do not know where these Hotels are in relation to the races but here is what I found. ( Maybe in the middle of downtown Gangstaville )
Price per night.
Comfort Inn 84.95
Laquinta 86.00
Best Western Main lodge 74.20
Best Western Waco Mall 60.67
The race's are held in on the Brazos river in Cameron Park (it's just west of I-35 look for the 1st bend in the river west of I-35).
Here's a Motel link>>>> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=hotels+in+waco+tx
Looks like H & E are the closest!!!

Rocket
01-17-2006, 03:29 PM
:hammer2: Hey I found the smiley's again!!!!

Greaser
01-17-2006, 03:44 PM
The race's are held in on the Brazos river in Cameron Park (it's just west of I-35 look for the 1st bend in the river west of I-35).
Here's a Motel link>>>> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=hotels+in+waco+tx
Looks like H & E are the closest!!!
My brother in law, (well, after July 15) lives in an apartment right on the river, about 2 miles from cameron Park, and he said the river is pretty low right now. I'll be staying with him that weekend.

sdba069
01-17-2006, 03:55 PM
There's a motel on the corner where MLK goes under I-35W, Victorian Inn. This is the link. We stayed there for years and have no complaint. It is probably the closest also.
Victorian Inn (http://www.wacocvb.com/hvic.html)
http://www.wacocvb.com/hvic.html

Rocket
01-17-2006, 04:06 PM
There's a motel on the corner where MLK goes under I-35W, Victorian Inn. This is the link. We stayed there for years and have no complaint. It is probably the closest also.
Thanks GS!!! That's the one I was think'n about!!! :rollside:
It's Not too far if ya got a beer or three in ya either!!! ;)

Shark In The Pond
01-17-2006, 07:01 PM
We stayed there last yr. ...... not bad

progplb
01-17-2006, 07:20 PM
The hell with the Inn... I'm partying with Greaser at his brother-in-laws. Save a spot on the floor near the bath room

Cheyenne372
01-18-2006, 04:55 AM
The river will remain down until April 7th.
They have begun construction on the new low-water dam and have made assurances that the river will be back up beginning April 7th....... :cool:

blowngas
01-18-2006, 07:47 AM
I thought that everybody who has 40 ft. trailers is the big issue this year??

Greaser
01-18-2006, 09:48 AM
The hell with the Inn... I'm partying with Greaser at his brother-in-laws. Save a spot on the floor near the bath room
I'm sure that can be arranged. My bro in law goes to school over there, and know of all the good bars!!! LOL

progplb
01-18-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm sure that can be arranged. My bro in law goes to school over there, and know of all the good bars!!! LOL
Sounds like the little lady is going also so I had better get a room at the Victorian Inn ... (Dammit!) I just have to get her say weather or not she wants to go to the races saturday and sunday or just sunday.
She figured out that it was first monday trade days in Canton so we will have to drop by there friday on the way down.

Greaser
01-18-2006, 02:39 PM
Sounds like the little lady is going also so I had better get a room at the Victorian Inn ... (Dammit!) I just have to get her say weather or not she wants to go to the races saturday and sunday or just sunday.
She figured out that it was first monday trade days in Canton so we will have to drop by there friday on the way down.
LOL, If she doesnt want to goto the races, Waco has a mall!!! LOL

progplb
01-19-2006, 08:49 AM
LOL, If she doesnt want to goto the races, Waco has a mall!!! LOL
She actually enjoys watching the races. She just gets a little nervous when I race and she definetly does not like to participate in one. :crossx: ( Adrenaline Rush is not her thing) :crossx: Who all that hangs out here on the forums is going to be racing... ( We gotta support our own )

Rocket
01-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Who all that hangs out here on the forums is going to be racing... ( We gotta support our own )
I'll be in SDBA's ME class!!! :cool:

sdba069
01-19-2006, 04:35 PM
I bet I can dig up one or two boats to show up with.

FILUCKY
01-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Hey Garry, that office girl ya got sure is cute. Is that one of your daugters? :D

sdba069
01-20-2006, 09:06 PM
Which one, my wife or my grand daughter? They are both pretty sharp.

FILUCKY
01-20-2006, 09:29 PM
WOW! Is that your wife? She looks half your age! LOL....I love mess'n with ya.

sdba069
01-20-2006, 10:12 PM
She is half my age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne372
01-21-2006, 05:06 AM
Hey Garry, that office girl ya got sure is cute. Is that one of your daugters? :D
Did he call her an "...office girl...."......?....... :rollside:
2-R's....I think I'll have some letters cut so that you can put that on the side of your trailer after her name!..... everybody needs a title!....:)

sdba069
01-21-2006, 08:29 AM
Sure.............. but I'll let you and Dallas explain that to her.......... How's everything? I've been expecting big Mexico deer pics from you, what's up?

Greaser
01-21-2006, 01:24 PM
She is half my age!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ya big pimp!!!!

sdba069
01-21-2006, 02:09 PM
Ya big pimp!!!!
Hey Bert.......... Black was supposed to bring his boat by today. Just got back in an it's not here. Have you seen him? I left the gate unlocked for him.

Greaser
01-21-2006, 03:19 PM
Hey Bert.......... Black was supposed to bring his boat by today. Just got back in an it's not here. Have you seen him? I left the gate unlocked for him.
Yea, I helped him pull the motor out this morning. Not sure what time he left out.

sdba069
01-21-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey Bert.......... He pulled in about the time I hit the submit button on that last post. I figured you'd be with him.

Greaser
01-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Hey Bert.......... He pulled in about the time I hit the submit button on that last post. I figured you'd be with him.
I would have, but I had to much stuff to do yesterday, so that I can make the trip next weekend.

sdba069
01-22-2006, 09:11 AM
Cool !!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne372
01-23-2006, 05:21 AM
2-R's:
Didn't make it to Mexico this year. Had a new computer system that went in at the store and dad had to have a stint put in his heart in October, so we thought it best to lay out this year.

sdba069
01-23-2006, 07:51 AM
I understand the priority thing. Hadn't heard about your Dad. Tell him hello for me and hope he's doing good.

Jay321
01-24-2006, 01:18 PM
Garry, How is the PGJ project? Or is it going at all? Are you going to make your target weight? I hope things are going well. If I can help give me a call. I'm getting more work done on the Manipulator II. I will be ready for Waco. I just hope I can run the number! Ha. I don't think that was ever much of a problem. Jay

sdba069
01-24-2006, 01:25 PM
Hey Jay......... We've been keeping it a little quiet but I think the word is pretty much out now. Will probably pick up the hull this weekend. No idea if it came in, weight wise, where we wanted. Probably won't know until I get it back here and weigh it. I decided to do the intake and bottom, myself. Steve probably told you about the motor, pretty nice piece. Good luck on yours. See ya.

Jay321
01-27-2006, 09:00 AM
Garry, Sorry if I'm the one that let the word out. I thought that it was known to all. Crap!! Well I can't wait to see how it works out. I'll call ya. Jay

sdba069
01-27-2006, 10:48 AM
Hey Jay....... Don't worry about it for a second. It was already getting out anyway. We still aren't talking much about it and what we are doing, but word's out that we are doing something. I'll keep you updated. Was hoping to pick the hull up this weekend, but it's looking like the middle of next week.

Cheyenne372
01-27-2006, 03:48 PM
Snowman...... :cool:
Keepin' a secret from an old bud ain't right....!!!
And for the record.....I am sure glad that Dr. Jay is returning!

sdba069
01-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Hey 1R....... We've tried to keep it a little low key. I'll give you a call and tell you what I know.I'll be glad to see Jay back,also. Hell, I still haven't figured out what they are going to do with me and my trailer at the races this year. I may not even be there. I may have to get you to crew chief this boat.

77charger
01-27-2006, 09:28 PM
How is the okc race in july?We plan on attending it this year if all goes well.Is it a new venue?(within last couple years)

sdba069
01-27-2006, 11:12 PM
I'd recommend it. Last year was the first year for the Bricktown race.

Rocket
01-28-2006, 04:54 AM
How is the okc race in july?We plan on attending it this year if all goes well.Is it a new venue?(within last couple years)
THE OKC race is Fantastic! :rollside:
There were over 80K spectators over the two day event! And I think we had something like 120+ boats!!!!!
The Pits were a little crowded,,,, But it was Cozy!!!!
But,, the Show and Shine down in Bricktown was an absoulute Gas,,, And teh track is one of the best I'f raced on!!!!

Cheyenne372
01-28-2006, 04:54 AM
....Hell, I still haven't figured out what they are going to do with me and my trailer at the races this year.......
You know what you'll have to do with it and you know why!
Didn't you see your last newsletter? It specifically states, and I'll quote our leader, "...Bottom line here is the main purpose of a RV is for camping and the main purpose of an enclosed trailer is for storing or transporting a race vehicle..."
In a literal translation, which is what you should take from written words from the leadership, because you don't have a "race vehicle" in your trailer, you are an RV and you get to park with the rest of the Ramp Clutter....like me!...that is IF I was going race!...... :mad:
You're not a Bubble Boy and don't amount to squat....so you'll have to park it away from the pits....even though you help and support many racers during a weekend!

Shark In The Pond
01-28-2006, 07:15 AM
Hey 1R....... We've tried to keep it a little low key. I'll give you a call and tell you what I know.I'll be glad to see Jay back,also. Hell, I still haven't figured out what they are going to do with me and my trailer at the races this year. I may not even be there. I may have to get you to crew chief this boat.
We could roll my boat in your trailer ,got the name on the side of the boat ? :rollside:

sdba069
01-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Thanks Shark......... Hey 1R........ I don't get a newsletter. The last newsletter I got was the month I left the Board of Directers. Maybe, that in itself, should tell me something. I'm dropping a note right now the El Presidente. I'll let you know.

Cheyenne372
01-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Thanks Shark......... Hey 1R........ I don't get a newsletter. The last newsletter I got was the month I left the Board of Directers. Maybe, that in itself, should tell me something. I'm dropping a note right now the El Presidente. I'll let you know.
You need to stay in better touch with the peeps out here!
Might ask El Presidente how come you are still listed as a Director of the Association (through May 2006) and subject to litigation if an unfortunate incident was to happen. Seems their attorney is doing a fine job in keeping things current!
PM me and I'll send you the link so that you can see it for yourself!

77charger
01-28-2006, 04:08 PM
havent read the whole trailer rv deal.Are there some races you cant bring them in we plan on coming from california with a 42ft motor coach and a 28ft stacker if we cant park in the pits might as well skip out on the races.
okc and waco races

Shark In The Pond
01-28-2006, 04:25 PM
Another thing that very few people realize, all these years and you know how hard I work at the races and the number of boats that I help with, I have never charged anyone a dime, no matter what we were doing.
Thats no lie ! Damn near a line where you set up at . Then when your not there that poor girl had to put a sign that read if you ask where Garrys is it's $1.00 and she would have made good money !

sdba069
01-28-2006, 08:12 PM
hey Shark... I shouldn't bitch. I helped because I enjoyed being involved. Hey Gharger........ My understanding is that if you are towing a boat , no problem. I don't carry a boat any more and use my trailer as a support unit. We do sometimes stay in the trailer also.

77charger
01-28-2006, 11:33 PM
hey Shark... I shouldn't bitch. I helped because I enjoyed being involved. Hey Gharger........ My understanding is that if you are towing a boat , no problem. I don't carry a boat any more and use my trailer as a support unit. We do sometimes stay in the trailer also.
thanks no problem for us then it is about 75 ft in length overall moho we will sleep in trailer holds the boat and tow vehicle plan on running 8.0 bracket with a n/a flat

Jay321
01-30-2006, 09:01 AM
Hey Garry, I have an extra cheyenne we could put in your trailer. Better yet I have a new cheyenne we can put in your trailer. Heck I might need to get you to drive the new cheyenne. Oh Ya you don't bracket race do ya. It has been so long since I have been on the clocks I will probably suck at it.
Thanks Cheyenne 372 for the welcome on our return to racing. I can't wait! I need to get my SDBA membership back to active status. Who do I need to get in touch with? Can it be done online ?

sdba069
01-30-2006, 12:05 PM
Hey Jay... Guess I'm headed for Ark. Friday or Saturday. You should be able to get your membership things taken care of at the SDBA website.
SDBA (http://www.sdbaracing.com)

Jay321
01-30-2006, 03:33 PM
Garry, I had hoped to be going back to Arkansas with mine this weekend but we still had a couple of things to do before we can. So how much bump are you going to put on the bottom. Ha! Ha! I know, I will have to see for myself won't I. So Garry you never said if you were a driver or not!!! I am kidding. Well have a safe trip if I don't talk to ya before you go. Garry I will be bugging you soon with some tech questions hope you don't mind, ie. to use computer or not? you know! Jay

Cheyenne372
01-31-2006, 03:52 AM
..... Oh Ya you don't bracket race do ya.......
Thanks Cheyenne 372 for the welcome on our return to racing. I can't wait! I need to get my SDBA membership back to active status. Who do I need to get in touch with? Can it be done online ?
Jay:
First off, in PGJ, you ARE a bracket class now! Using the staggered start and the class record as your dial in makes you a bracket class just like us lowly M/E guys are!
Secondly, in regard to the membership, you should take care of that before Saturday (February 4) because it is at a reduced rate if it is done before the banquet.
2-R's is right, you can do it online, or contact Kenda Reedy at kenda.reedy@rrd.com or sdbapitmom@ev1.net or call (940) 320-4940.

sdba069
01-31-2006, 07:30 AM
Hey Gary........ We are not crazy at all about the PCE deal, but we knew it would happen sooner than later. We've been planning this move to PGJ for a while and decided to go through with it, anyway.We'll see where it goes. You knew we'd have to conform to the west coast code of drag boat racing. I know why they've done it, but sometimes the dollar shouldn't necessarily be deciding factor.

Cheyenne372
01-31-2006, 08:37 AM
......You knew we'd have to conform to the west coast code of drag boat racing. I know why they've done it, but sometimes the dollar shouldn't necessarily be deciding factor.....
So does that mean that we are going to conform with the "west coast code of drag boat racing" and slow down TFH and TAH boats now?

Rocket
02-07-2006, 12:33 PM
So,,, Have any of the dates changed yet????
www.sdbaracing.com

Rocket
02-23-2006, 03:38 PM
So,,, Have any of the dates changed yet????
www.sdbaracing.com
Here's the Link to BrinkTown Nationals>>> http://www.bricktownnationals.com/
And here's the Link to the CowTown Lakefest!!>>> http://www.cowtownlakefest.com/

Rocket
03-22-2006, 04:30 AM
Count Down,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, only 37 more Days until SDBA's Season opener "Duel On The Brazos"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hammer2: :hammer2: :hammer2:

Rocket
03-31-2006, 05:23 AM
03/24/06
ATTENTION RACE TEAMS!!
http://www.sdbaracing.com/images/linex.jpg
Every team that submits their registration online for the first Waco event will receive a ticket for the Line-X spray on bedliner! Sponsored by Line-X of Waco valued at $455 Only teams that Pre-Register will be eligible to win prize Winner will be announced Saturday Don’t miss your chance to win this great prize…Save time when you arrive at the track on race day.

Rocket
04-12-2006, 03:17 AM
Pre-Register! :220v: