PDA

View Full Version : Magic Powerboats........deckboat

Nord
08-02-2006, 05:23 PM
I really like the way this boat looks, but I haven't ridden in one yet....
Any pros or cons?? I'm an Eliminator owner, and have had my eye on the fundeck, but i kind of like the way the Magic looks.
I just don't like the wind tunnel effect that deckboats have, but they sure are growing on me.
There is a Sleek/Magic dealer right by me in Corona, I might go take a look.
Just wanted to get input here first.........
I understand the bottom is the same as Eliminator, Conquest, Carerra, etc.

Nord
08-02-2006, 05:25 PM
I've been trying to look at their website, but no worky..........??
~NORD~

Not So Fast
08-02-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh boy, here we go :rolleyes: I like mine just fine as do about a gazzilion other Magic owners. :D NSF

Mandelon
08-02-2006, 05:33 PM
Code name....... Camry....

Froggystyle
08-02-2006, 05:36 PM
Any pros or cons?? I'm an Eliminator owner, and have had my eye on the fundeck, but i kind of like the way the Magic looks.
I just don't like the wind tunnel effect that deckboats have, but they sure are growing on me.
I know of one deckboat that doesn't have the wind tunnel effect. They actually designed it with a hinge up ramp in front. Pretty cool... ;)
You should call me... I am dealing right now.

Acommanderguy
08-02-2006, 05:43 PM
I think if I were in the market for a deck that big I would be calling wes. That boat is just simply amazing, and it turns heads everywhere and anywhere! What an awesome concept, and Hopefully some of wes's ideas and concepts will change the outlook on the industry

Havasu_Dreamin
08-02-2006, 06:15 PM
I know of one deckboat that doesn't have the wind tunnel effect.
I know of another one as well.....

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 06:27 PM
I know of another one as well.....
Oh yeah, this one?
http://www.chaparralboats.com/whitepages/images/sun274_02.gif

OutCole'd
08-02-2006, 06:51 PM
I love mine and would buy another in a heartbeat.

Havasu_Dreamin
08-02-2006, 07:00 PM
Oh yeah, this one?
http://www.chaparralboats.com/whitepages/images/sun274_02.gif
No, not that one.

Partycattin
08-02-2006, 07:04 PM
The Magic is one of my favorite's. They are at the top of my list for the next boat. I also parked next to a new Howard Deck boat in the channel. The thing was awesome!

Nord
08-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I know of one deckboat that doesn't have the wind tunnel effect. They actually designed it with a hinge up ramp in front. Pretty cool... ;)
You should call me... I am dealing right now.
I'll be honest with you, I think I'll wait untill your company is a little older so you guys can work bugs out etc....
I also don't want a jet........
New products scare me!!!
~NORD~

JB in so cal
08-02-2006, 07:22 PM
I've owned mine 2 years, as of saturday. The HO is strong and dependable. The boat is sound and the serice from Magic has been nothing but great.
That being said, keep in mind they turn out a lot of boats and sometimes you are one of a bunch that needs something. Patience is all you need.
I would buy another one without a doubt. I would love to move into a 30' cuddy bowrider with twins.
Good luck with your search.

Beer-30
08-02-2006, 07:38 PM
I would love to move into a 30' cuddy bowrider with twins.
Go a 32 or bigger if you go twins. I don't see it to be worth it on a 30. Now, that is just me, also. Everyone is different. Mine runs just fine on a single, but any more and I would want twins.

THOR
08-02-2006, 07:41 PM
I have said before and I'll say it again. It is no coincidence that every weekend at Havi looks like a Magic deck regatta. Tons of folks buy this boat for a reason. They are big and nice. I like them and they ride great.

OutCole'd
08-02-2006, 07:44 PM
There are lots of great deck boat's out now. Much more than just a few years ago.

riverbound
08-02-2006, 07:57 PM
I say go for it....especially since Gordo will probably be heading up to Havi :cry: We need someone with a deck boat ;)
Just ask for the optional toenail polish proof vinyl :D and plenty of towels :)

FreshTracks
08-02-2006, 08:01 PM
Read latest issue of ***boat, they had a deck boat feature in it. They tested 10 boats, can't recall if Magic was in there, good info regardless.

me4drvr
08-02-2006, 09:00 PM
Read latest issue of ***boat, they had a deck boat feature in it. They tested 10 boats, can't recall if Magic was in there, good info regardless.
Ya, I am especially liking the Advantage that was tested :)

me4drvr
08-02-2006, 09:01 PM
Unfortunatly the girls had to leave :mad:

Jyruiz
08-02-2006, 09:14 PM
There are so many now a days, it is hard to pick the best one, but it would be fun trying. I also like the deckboats by E-Ticket, they just have to do something with a better swimstep in the back of the boat. I originally wanted a deckboat, but the garage is only so big, and the deckboats sit high on the trailer, maybe one day if I ever extend the garage.

Jesster
08-02-2006, 10:53 PM
Kinda like the Cobra right now, saw one in the channel last weekend and it looked great. Havent heard or read anything yet but as looks go its awesome. Listed as a 28 but actually 29'2" Python (http://www.cobraperformanceboats.com/280_python_1.htm)

Hotcobra270
08-03-2006, 02:18 AM
Kinda like the Cobra right now, saw one in the channel last weekend and it looked great. Havent heard or read anything yet but as looks go its awesome. Listed as a 28 but actually 29'2" Python (http://www.cobraperformanceboats.com/280_python_1.htm)
The python got a powerboat "best" in 04 if I'm not mistaken...
They just came out with a 26 foot deck that is unique from the 28 footer..
might want to check it out also

LOWRIVER2
08-03-2006, 03:26 AM
I've ridden in a friend's Magic Deck boat several times. Nice boat. Only negative I'd watch out for is getting it in for regular service or to fix stuff under warranty. The issue has been addressed at this site and it appears they are lagging in this area (sold a lot of these in 3 years). Other than that, good overall and I hear those about the wind tunnel effect. Only the driver and the front passenger escape that experience. Sand off the carpet at 70 sux/ LOL

Troubles No More
08-03-2006, 04:57 AM
There is a Howard Sport Deck w/525 and E-Ticket in the latest issue of PowerBoat Magazine.
Demo/Test drive all of the boats.
what I look for is great customer service before and after the sale not just before. Talk to other customers and friends about other dealers.
I like the Howard because of the quality of the boats & customer service. Customer service is often an afterthought, given lip service only. Every concern, question, etc that I have had with Howard boats has been taken care of, I have yet to be disappointed.
Take your time, demo the boat and buy in the Oct/Nov/Dec period for the best possible price. My .02
Howard 28 Sport Deck
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2005tests/12_05_howard.php
Advantage
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2005tests/08_05_advantage.php
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2006tests/04_06_advantage.php
Magic
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2005tests/08_05_magic.php
Magic 30ft
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2006tests/02_06_magic.php
Domn8er 25
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2006tests/03_06_dom.php

Not So Fast
08-03-2006, 06:59 AM
There are lots of great deck boat's out now. Much more than just a few years ago.
You are right on that one Bill but you know what, I still think I like our layout the best and I look at them all :D This didnt turn into the bash thread I thought it would, good deal. :cool: NSF

All IN
08-03-2006, 07:47 AM
I bought mine 3 years ago. If I replaced it would be with another Magic. Great boat, great service.

caroftheweek
08-03-2006, 08:20 AM
I was asked the other day what our next boat would be. i honestly could not find another boat that i liked more than the magic deck. Sure, an e-ticket would be nice but i don't need twins. there are other deckboats on the market that have really nice features but as a whole, i said i would buy another magic.
We have 180 hours on our '04 and it has been virtually trouble free. everytime we have taken it in for service, they get it done in a reasonable amount of time, both in Havasu and Corona. Havasu is getting a little too busy so we brought to corona last time and they leave your boat indoors the whole time, unlike havasu.
another happy Magic owner,
Ryan

DCBDaytona
08-03-2006, 08:23 AM
If I had to chose a deckboat now...
First Choice: Magic 30 - With the twin Setup and looks, it's BADA$$
IMO, 100% better looking than any other twin deckboat setup out there.

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 08:24 AM
Ryan,
You take it over that road? and btw, anything on the market besides that small white one in the cove and the one by the marina?

Deano
08-03-2006, 08:25 AM
congrats on the write up, Scott. The boat looks sick. :)

OutCole'd
08-03-2006, 08:26 AM
Ryan,
You take it over that road? and btw, anything on the market besides that small white one in the cove and the one by the marina?
Farther North young man, go farther North.

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 08:28 AM
Farther North young man, go farther North.
When that bridge gets built from site six to cali, the Palms will be boom town!!!

OutCole'd
08-03-2006, 08:30 AM
When that bridge gets built from site six to cali, the Palms will be boom town!!!
BRILLIANT!!!!! :rolleyes:

Froggystyle
08-03-2006, 08:46 AM
I'll be honest with you, I think I'll wait untill your company is a little older so you guys can work bugs out etc....
I also don't want a jet........
New products scare me!!!
~NORD~
Appreciated... But we are offering a stern drive version as well...
The company isn't new. We are five years old and extremely well researched and developed.
Come by the shop before you make your purchase. You will be suprised at exactly how far the "experienced boat companies" are behind us.

BADBLOWN572
08-03-2006, 08:57 AM
The company isn't new. We are five years old and extremely well researched and developed.
Come by the shop before you make your purchase. You will be suprised at exactly how far the "experienced boat companies" are behind us.
You going to do the Weisman drive? If so, what does that add to the price tag?

Froggystyle
08-03-2006, 09:00 AM
You going to do the Weisman drive? If so, what does that add to the price tag?
If you are interested, drop me a line. I will go into great detail with regard to pricing and delivery times etc...

Not So Fast
08-03-2006, 09:01 AM
The second bridge to the island will take years to come to being and you really think a bridge across the whole lake is coming. :confused: I dont think so NSF

OutCole'd
08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
The second bridge to the island will take years to come to being and you really think a bridge across the whole lake is coming. :confused: I dont think so NSF
Don't worry Bobby, JB has been known to start drinking real early.

phebus
08-03-2006, 09:29 AM
I heard a rumor that Magic was retooling the 28 deck, and making a few changes. Anyone have any facts?
I know, this is ***boat, and why ruin a good rumor with facts.

caroftheweek
08-03-2006, 09:37 AM
Ryan,
wife drives the trailer over the road and i meet her at black meadow. we pay the $25 to pick it up. better than driving it over the road.
nothing new. the little one on whipple bay is a nice little trailer but they are asking $225k for it. too much money for that little spot. i was told by the neighbor to the trailer that i could probably be had for ~$150 this winter. he must be getting desparate. There is another trailer that is suppose to be going up for sale overlooking the boat docks but i have not seen or heard a price yet.
the really nice spot on the water facing the main channel is $325k. they are in no hurry to sell (they live there full time) so there is not alot of negotiating room. i will keep you posted.
Ryan

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 10:15 AM
wife drives the trailer over the road and i meet her at black meadow. we pay the $25 to pick it up. better than driving it over the road.
nothing new. the little one on whipple bay is a nice little trailer but they are asking $225k for it. too much money for that little spot. i was told by the neighbor to the trailer that i could probably be had for ~$150 this winter. he must be getting desparate. There is another trailer that is suppose to be going up for sale overlooking the boat docks but i have not seen or heard a price yet.
the really nice spot on the water facing the main channel is $325k. they are in no hurry to sell (they live there full time) so there is not alot of negotiating room. i will keep you posted.
Ryan
How long does it normally take to get from Palms to the Black Meadow road; driving just a car or truck, no trailer.??

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 10:16 AM
Don't worry Bobby, JB has been known to start drinking real early.
I only drink in groups of one or more :)

76ANTHONY
08-03-2006, 10:33 AM
There is a Howard Sport Deck w/525 and E-Ticket in the latest issue of PowerBoat Magazine.
Demo/Test drive all of the boats.
what I look for is great customer service before and after the sale not just before. Talk to other customers and friends about other dealers.
I like the Howard because of the quality of the boats & customer service. Customer service is often an afterthought, given lip service only. Every concern, question, etc that I have had with Howard boats has been taken care of, I have yet to be disappointed.
Take your time, demo the boat and buy in the Oct/Nov/Dec period for the best possible price. My .02
Howard 28 Sport Deck
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2005tests/12_05_howard.php
Advantage
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2005tests/08_05_advantage.php
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2006tests/04_06_advantage.php
Magic
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2005tests/08_05_magic.php
Magic 30ft
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2006tests/02_06_magic.php
Domn8er 25
http://www.powerboatmag.com/2006tests/03_06_dom.php
i like the magic's, both of them.....

caroftheweek
08-03-2006, 10:35 AM
How long does it normally take to get from Palms to the Black Meadow road; driving just a car or truck, no trailer.??
the dirt road is ~8.5 miles long. we used to be able to do it in 15-20 mins. since the new park managers arrived, they don't maintain it nearly as well. it is about 35 mins now. of course, now my wife is pregnant so we have to drive a little slower. she can make it over the road with the trailer in just under an hour.

caroftheweek
08-03-2006, 10:38 AM
i came home last weekend by myself (wife is staying the week by herself). i made it out in 22 mins. it all depends on how you drive.

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 10:56 AM
So out of all these deckboats, which ones would fit in a standard 7' hight garage?

caroftheweek
08-03-2006, 11:39 AM
So out of all these deckboats, which ones would fit in a standard 7' hight garage?
I believe a Magic would fit.

OutCole'd
08-03-2006, 11:42 AM
I think it would depend on the driveway also. If there is no angle and it is a flat approach, most would fit. If there is any incline, most would be a problem.

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 11:50 AM
I think it would depend on the driveway also. If there is no angle and it is a flat approach, most would fit. If there is any incline, most would be a problem.
I hear ya, my driveway has an incline, so I have to backup my current boat sideways so it won't scrape the driveway, but I think you mean going into the garage. The driveway levels out towards the top though, so I don't think it would be a problem. Just thinking for down the line when I extend the garage, we always wanted a deckboat but we did not want to store it outside.

OutCole'd
08-03-2006, 11:55 AM
I hear ya, my driveway has an incline, so I have to backup my current boat sideways so it won't scrape the driveway, but I think you mean going into the garage. The driveway levels out towards the top though, so I don't think it would be a problem. Just thinking for down the line when I extend the garage, we always wanted a deckboat but we did not want to store it outside.
I'm thinking about the crest between the driveway & the garage. While backing before the wheels hit the garage and level out, the back of the boat is going to be like 20' in the air. :)

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 12:01 PM
I'm thinking about the crest between the driveway & the garage. While backing before the wheels hit the garage and level out, the back of the boat is going to be like 20' in the air. :)
Yup, something I will have to look at if and when that time comes. Thanks.

havasu5150
08-03-2006, 03:00 PM
The Eliminator fun deck is the old Conquest hull. I looked at Magic, Eliminator and Conquest before I bought my Top Cat II. Howard wasn't building them when I made my deal. , but I like the looks of those as well.. Take the demo ride.
Call Keith at Conquest, take the tour, see how they are built, and then decide!

Angry Inch
08-03-2006, 03:20 PM
Dave. I don't think Linens n Things has enough towels in stock for you to buy a deck boat. :)

Cat & Mice
08-03-2006, 03:57 PM
Nord,
I am wondering the same thing! I am a Eliminator owner and am not in love with the Fundeck so I am out looking at other options. I really think Eliminator should be working on the Fundeck design. They are loosing a lot of customers.
I just stopped by the Magic dealer in Phoenix and looked at the 28, it is a really nice boat but I did not fall in love. I am worried about the wind tunnel effect also. I may just try and do a 26-27 Elim daytona with open bow. At least you would have somewhere to get out of the sun and wind. I have 3 kids and really would like a place for them to sleep out of the weather.
Let me know what you find out.
MP

Not So Fast
08-03-2006, 04:19 PM
Just got off the water and everytime I go out I like the boat more and more, so I'm a little prejudiced (sp). The only piece of advice is IF you can afford more motor then by all means GET IT. I like the 496 HO but after a while I just want to go a little faster, Like they say and it's true "BUILD IT ONCE" Good Luck :D NSF

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Doesn't Magic also make a boat with a midcabin on the same hull as there deckboat?

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 05:03 PM
Just got off the water and everytime I go out I like the boat more and more, so I'm a little prejudiced (sp). The only piece of advice is IF you can afford more motor then by all means GET IT. I like the 496 HO but after a while I just want to go a little faster, Like they say and it's true "BUILD IT ONCE" Good Luck :D NSF
Whats the cruising speed with the HO?

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 05:08 PM
Doesn't Magic also make a boat with a midcabin on the same hull as there deckboat?
Yes. The main thing with it is the height of the cabin entry by the helm. If you had to go forward in a hurry, you be hard pressed to do it without knocking yourself silly. It's only like 3 feet high.
Same hull, though.

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 05:11 PM
I cruise all day @4000 rpm at 50mph (speedo)
I put baffles on mine and I top out at about 65 (speedo) with the bimini down in the cooler months, but I only get to about 4600 rpm. Without 'em, you could expect just under 70 wot @ 5000 to 5100, again speedo.
Load one up with 90 gallons, 6-8 people, a full cooler, etc and you'd be hard pressed to get to 55 and hole shot is slllllllllllllllooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww w!
Love it, though!!!

It's Only Money
08-03-2006, 05:47 PM
Best looking Deck Boat - Howard
Then Conquest
Then Magic
Way down on the list - Lavey, Hallett
Fugliest - Advantage Party Cat

It's Only Money
08-03-2006, 05:48 PM
And EXACTLY how many boats have you sold. To date. Sold. Delivered. How many TOTAL hours for the Trident tub on the water?
Come back when you have some real water time with the SeaDoo clone.

Not So Fast
08-03-2006, 06:03 PM
Ouch, that had to hurt :frown: The Lavey is one that you either love or hate, I personally I dont like it, too many straight lines but to each his own. If looks are a major concern and lets face it, thats about 80% of the decision then Magic, Conquest, Howard are the top three IMO. :D NSF

Froggystyle
08-03-2006, 06:21 PM
And EXACTLY how many boats have you sold. To date. Sold. Delivered. How many TOTAL hours for the Trident tub on the water?
Come back when you have some real water time with the SeaDoo clone.
Three sold, one delivering next week, over 1000 hours on the boat, 100 on the motor/drive. Many, many more on the test stand for the drive.
Amazing how many chicks we get with a SeaDoo... :rolleyes:
Why don't you come on by one of these days and have a drink on me and let me show you what all the fuss is about...

OutCole'd
08-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Three sold, one delivering next week, over 1000 hours on the boat, 100 on the motor/drive. Many, many more on the test stand for the drive.
Why don't you come on by one of these days and have a drink on me and let me show you what all the fuss is about...
Pure class.

2Driver
08-03-2006, 06:39 PM
One HO or a boat load of HO's :D

2Driver
08-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Pure class.
True, anyone who's met Wes and seen the boat would say the same. Don't understand such crap flinging by some. But then again I doubt they are in the $165K market anyway.

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 06:49 PM
One HO or a boat load of HO's :D
Both. Lol. :)

larryc
08-03-2006, 07:20 PM
??
There are so many now a days, it is hard to pick the best one, but it would be fun trying. I also like the deckboats by E-Ticket, they just have to do something with a better swimstep in the back of the boat. I originally wanted a deckboat, but the garage is only so big, and the deckboats sit high on the trailer, maybe one day if I ever extend the garage.

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 07:22 PM
??
That looks cool, but not practical at all, specially not for a family. It screams hazard all over the place.

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 08:06 PM
I like having twins. It keeps the kids away from the back of the boat, since there's no real boarding option back there. We just pull up close enough to the beach for them to board from the front, even my 4 year old can do it. So far, so good, nobody's dinged themselves on a prop in over a year (and we are out there EVERY weekend).
I would love twins too, but all it takes is one time. Whats funny is, I don't think my kids would get hurt, it would be one of the relatives or friends who are not around boats that much and come to the river with us. Still would prefer a swimstep that would cover the outdrives though.

havadream
08-03-2006, 08:14 PM
How is the Commander deck boat?

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 08:30 PM
You're never going to completely cover the outdrive(s). Putting a swimstep back there is just an invitation to congregate around the rear of the boat. The rear of the boat is the business end, it's like the barrel of a gun. ;)
You are right, let them congregate at church, or in the front. :)

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 08:32 PM
You are right, let them congregate at church, or in the front. :)
When you're standing on the back of my boat, you can barely see the drive, let alone jump on it. Two feet of platform is worth every penny...

JB in so cal
08-03-2006, 08:38 PM
You probably don't have little kids that like to climb all over things. ;)
I've got 4 neices/nephews that are all under 7. I'm just saying the platform being so far over the drive is a good thing. A friend of mine had a 23' Cobra w/steps and her kids had some issues with steps on the stern.

lalhc
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
We really like our Conquest. I don't think you can go wrong w/a Conquest, Magic or Eliminator. My wife and I have two young boys and we usually have a crowd of kids on our boat. While anchored, our boys their friends and cousins, constantly jump off the front of the boat and climb up in the back. I believe the integrated swimstep does protect the drive and prop from injury. Like I mentioned before, there are many great deck boats available. You just have to find what's going to best fit your needs.

Jyruiz
08-03-2006, 08:46 PM
I've got 4 neices/nephews that are all under 7. I'm just saying the platform being so far over the drive is a good thing. A friend of mine had a 23' Cobra w/steps and her kids had some issues with steps on the stern.
That is what turned me off about the Cobra, well that and the fact that my current boat cost me the same as a new 230 Razor and the 24' Ultra Stealth. All in all though, even though my boat swimstep hides the outdrive, (when I trim it all the way down) it still scares me and I have to keep telling the kids to jump of the sides, not the center part of the swimstep.

Eliminator 4 Life
08-03-2006, 09:07 PM
Nord be patient we have a new deck boat coming soon. I cant wait to get my hands on one :cool:

Beer-30
08-03-2006, 09:24 PM
Another advantage of twins, they can jump off the center and not hit anything. :D :D
So now there is only one place for them to jump off. Poor kids.
Besides I put a PROP GEAR cover on and put the drive down. If they jump into the drive after that, there is some testing to be done.

Froggystyle
08-04-2006, 08:33 AM
You're never going to completely cover the outdrive(s). Putting a swimstep back there is just an invitation to congregate around the rear of the boat. The rear of the boat is the business end, it's like the barrel of a gun. ;)
100% inaccurate... but anyway...
Ours is completely covered, the outdrive version will be completely covered. You just need to design a boat with that as a primary consideration, and I did...

It's Only Money
08-04-2006, 11:21 AM
Dude, I've seen the SeaDoo first hand and up close in the channel. Sorry, don't care for its looks at all. Personal opinion. Congrats on the three sold. Howard or Magic or Conquest probably did that many last week.
Chicks on a Seadoo....see 'em all the time. What do "chicks" know. Pretty face, some bling, loud music, and Coors Lite and you'll get all the chicks - oh yeah forgot...stoopid colored beads - you want. I don't buy a boat for the chicks I'll get...I'm looking for classy broads, myself.

mxbundy
08-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Its Only Money,
If you dont like Froggys boat thats fine, but stop being a troll. :argue:
Remember opinions are like assholes, everybody`s got one and they all stink!
bundy

BADASS38CHEVY
08-04-2006, 12:03 PM
You really need to trim out those oval lights with the billet bezels. ;)
I thought of doing that but didnt know if that would be to much.

It's Only Money
08-04-2006, 12:14 PM
Its Only Money,
If you dont like Froggys boat thats fine, but stop being a troll. :argue:
Remember opinions are like assholes, everybody`s got one and they all stink!
bundy
Would that be Ted Bundy?
Or Al Bundy?
Yes, opinions ARE like A$$holes and opinions are what forums are all about. Just cause you like the free rides someone gives you don't mean that the ride is all that sweet. My opinion is that the Trident looks like a SeaDoo on steriods. Period. That and the fact that in 5 years only 1 boat has been delivered to a customer. 1 is being demo'd and one is being readied for a customer. That should scare the hell out of any buyer.
Opinion - Fugly
Fact - few sales.
Take your "troll" comment Bud Bundy and shove it up your ass.

460 jus getn it
08-04-2006, 12:19 PM
Damn, someone is going for broke today......For what its worth, wes and trident boats are bad-ass. O, and i saw a magic deck-boat on the 60 west bound this am, have to say very nice as well.

Jyruiz
08-04-2006, 12:31 PM
I think the Trident is bad azz, wether jet or sterndrive.

mxbundy
08-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Its Only Pocket Change,
Stating your opinion once and with out a snide remark at the end is acceptable and can be considered adding to the discussion. Its the jackass and almost personal little bits you throw on the end that makes you a troll.
You have responded to several posts this am and all you were stiring the pot.
As far as shoving anything up my ass, I dought you are big enough!
And its Mxbundy! If you have to know.
bundy

DCBDaytona
08-04-2006, 12:46 PM
Would that be Ted Bundy?
Or Al Bundy?
Yes, opinions ARE like A$$holes and opinions are what forums are all about. Just cause you like the free rides someone gives you don't mean that the ride is all that sweet. My opinion is that the Trident looks like a SeaDoo on steriods. Period. That and the fact that in 5 years only 1 boat has been delivered to a customer. 1 is being demo'd and one is being readied for a customer. That should scare the hell out of any buyer.
Opinion - Fugly
Fact - few sales.
Although I don't agree with some of your comments, overall, I'm not impressed with the Trident. I've seen the Revolution is Havasu on few occasions, and I can say that I would never buy one based on the looks factor. It's just not appealing to me. I feel the same towards HTMs, and as I said this is my OPINION.

Froggystyle
08-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Would that be Ted Bundy?
Or Al Bundy?
Opinion - Fugly
Fact - few sales.
That certainly is one way to look at it I guess... Another way would be to say that I have over five years of research and development into the first boat that delivered. We are delivering two per month by the end of the year.
I'll take the Sea Doo hit. Sea Doos are well engineered, well thought out, durable, powerful and economical. I aspire to have that level of infrastructure some day to design and build new craft with. They push the envelope quite a bit with regard to engine and drive design, make a ton of power and are consistantly the highest horsepower, highest performance offering in their class.
I'll take that hit.
Having a first unit pop out of a mold last week and deliver to a buyer next week should inspire a lot less confidence in my opinion. I can't imagine a whole ton of innovation or thought can be going into the equation at that rate. There is over 160 line items of equipment on the Revolution that were built specifically for the Revolution. You can count the Commercial-Off-The-Shelf items on two hands and feet. I have the highest-powered development and design team in the business today working on and for Trident.
As for your attitude... it speaks for itself. You are getting hit on for it because it reeks of something. We just aren't sure if it is a general hatred of success, or innovation or jealousy or what, but something is wrong with the anger in your posts and it is clear to everyone reading this.
Where did we meet in the channel?

RiverDave
08-04-2006, 12:52 PM
Would that be Ted Bundy?
Or Al Bundy?
Opinion - Fugly
Fact - few sales.
You know I used to be alot like you. I'd say what's on my mind without regard or care for that matter of what anybody thought. I just question why if they are starting to sell boats and finally starting to take off why you'd do your best to tear them down? Why would you intentionally try to ruin somebodies livelihood for no other reason then you don't like the aesthetics of the boat? I'll agree I've read some of Wes's posts in the past and thought they came off somewhat arrogant and sometimes "know it all" and I've even disagreed with alot of what he's said on both a fundamental and personal level.
At the end of the day though, I think he's done a hell of a job putting out a product that's a hell of alot different then everything else out there, from the way it looks, down to the way it works. That should be applauded and rewarded from the standpoint of not riding on everyone elses coat tails like everybody else does in this industry.
On top of which he's has in fact introduced some new features on his boat that are just flat out over the top! I'm personally not in the market for a Trident (way outta my price range) but I can say that I will certainly take inspiration from a few of Wes's ideas on my next boat. His shifter that incorporates guages is aesthetically one of the nicest and most unique billet peaces for a boat that I've ever seen.
I think it's great that he stepped out of the norm to build his boat & company from the ground up. Just becuase you don't like the looks of the boat, or perhaps disagree with somethings he's said on the internet doesn't mean you should try to go out of your way to destroy his dream or livelihood. It's one of those even if you don't like it, you should respect it for what it is kinda scenarios in my HUMBLE opinion.
RD

Froggystyle
Although I don't agree with some of your comments, overall, I'm not impressed with the Trident. I've seen the Revolution is Havasu on few occasions, and I can say that I would never buy one based on the looks factor. It's just not appealing to me. I feel the same towards HTMs, and as I said this is my OPINION.
Appreciated. I built a boat in the image that I wanted, not the masses. The lines, assymettry and other features are appalling to a lot of folks with square tastes. It is one of the big reasons for the Sea Doo comments. We rounded what we could, smoothed what we could and took the edge off of what we could. It is not only a lot nicer on the eyes (to us) but significantly stronger than hard corners. Like, way, WAY stronger which allowed us to lighten up even more.
It isn't for everyone. But for those that like it or love it... they have been waiting a very long time for something like it to come around.

DCBDaytona
Wes, do you have any test run numbers for us? I'm interested in the acceleration numbers of the dual jet....

Froggystyle
08-04-2006, 12:53 PM
Wes, do you have any test run numbers for us? I'm interested in the acceleration numbers of the dual jet....
With 80 gallons of fuel and four people it runs 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Top end is still getting dialed in as we still are getting too much water into the jet, but it runs in the upper seventies while retaining that bottom end.
We have a data-logger now that we trigger when we do the bottom testing, and the two accelerometers in it hit a little over .9 g's on accelleration.

DCBDaytona
08-04-2006, 12:58 PM
With 80 gallons of fuel and four people it runs 0-60 in 5.4 seconds. Top end is still getting dialed in as we still are getting too much water into the jet, but it runs in the upper seventies while retaining that bottom end.
We have a data-logger now that we trigger when we do the bottom testing, and the two accelerometers in it hit a little over .9 g's on accelleration.
Very nice. I'd expect that type of low end with a jet drive and that much HP. How about midrange, say from 30-70? Does it still have all the pull?

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Wes I think you need to take him for a run. :crossx:
When you coming out to Havasu again?

DCBDaytona
08-04-2006, 01:01 PM
Wes I think you need to take him for a run. :crossx:
When you coming out to Havasu again?
For it's size, I'd be impressed...But you have to remember what the comparison, my boat.

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 01:10 PM
For it's size, I'd be impressed...But you have to remember what the comparison, my boat.
Looks like I need to take a spin, and then Ill give you a full analysis. :crossx:

DCBDaytona
08-04-2006, 01:19 PM
Looks like I need to take a spin, and then Ill give you a full analysis. :crossx:
I'll take you for a spin, you just can't crap your pants :crossx:
In all seriousness, of all 5-6 22's with 260/280's out in Havasu, there has only been one lose from 0-100mph...And that was against the owner of HTM's old drag SR-24 with 1500hp. :crossx:

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 01:24 PM
If I did its going in your direction. :crossx:
In all seriousness, of all 5-6 22's with 260/280's out in Havasu, there has only been one lose from 0-100mph...And that was against the owner of HTM's old drag SR-24 with 1500hp. :crossx:
Eh em .......
Was someone doubting your boat? :rolleyes: :)
My boat does 0 to 80 in about 29 seconds ...........Beat that :p

DCBDaytona
08-04-2006, 01:27 PM
If I did its going in your direction. :crossx:
Eh em .......
Was someone doubting your boat? :rolleyes: :)
My boat does 0 to 80 in about 29 seconds ...........Beat that :p
:p I'll be out there next weekend. I'll give you a ride anytime bro.

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 01:37 PM
:p I'll be out there next weekend. I'll give you a ride anytime bro.
Sounds good. :cool:

RiverDave
08-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Do you have Twins on yours? They are pretty neck snapping in the accelleration dept.. Atleast the 2 or 3 I've been in. I'd love to get one of those later in life, but I don't know how I'd ever be able to insure it.
RD

DCBDaytona
08-04-2006, 01:42 PM
Do you have Twins on yours? They are pretty neck snapping in the accelleration dept.. Atleast the 2 or 3 I've been in. I'd love to get one of those later in life, but I don't know how I'd ever be able to insure it.
RD
Twins it is. the accelleration is crazy.

mxbundy
08-04-2006, 01:43 PM
I guess I should give Nord some info after all the dirt kicking, if he`s still reading this that is.
A friend of mine just got a used 28 Magic from the owner of Walts motorsports in Havasu. Got to go for a spin 2 weekends sgo in it.After one ride I am sold on the deck boat idea.
This was my first ride in a cat hull of anykind and the ride was astonishingly good. Chop didnt exist, boat wakes where just a little bump. On my boat, a 23 Ultra XS, those boat wakes must be taken with some respect. On the Magic it was 60 plus, with out any rattles. I was sitting in the passenger seat and did not experiance a wind tunnel, my wifes brother and his wife were on the bench and they didnt say anything about the wind being any more or less than on our boat.It also turned with an inside lean.
The boat has a HP500 and tops out at around 70-71 range. Time to plane was alot longetr than in comparison to our boat,but not to bad, but maybe not that good of a tow boat if that matters to you.
I also like the lines of this boat.
I have been down to the Magic place since and looked around. they have a good number of 28 decks in stock, none have power, that is up to the potential buyer to decide. As far as the quality, I noticed a few things not up to par, but all could be fixed. The gel designs were good, some even using a metal flake in the gel. That look was what I had in mindfor my boat when I had it built. I asked John at Ultra about metal flakes and at the time (2003) he didnt recomend it ( in fact he would build it but would offer no warrenty on the gel coat), but the Magic guys say they have not had a problem with it. Time will tell I guess. There was a few waves in the hull if you close one eye and sight down the side of the boat, but nothing major. There was a couple of Conquest decks anchored by us at the sand bar this last weekend and they were really wavy down the sides.
But I am going to wait and see how the Ultra 26 deck comes out with the full liner interior, could be doing a winter build this year if I win the lottery! LOL!
bundy

It's Only Money
08-04-2006, 04:41 PM
Its Only Pocket Change,
Stating your opinion once and with out a snide remark at the end is acceptable and can be considered adding to the discussion. Its the jackass and almost personal little bits you throw on the end that makes you a troll.
You have responded to several posts this am and all you were stiring the pot.
As far as shoving anything up my ass, I dought you are big enough!
And its Mxbundy! If you have to know.
bundy
Name calling is so adult. You reek of juvenile pent-up frustration and need to lash out sporadically at anyone who disagrees.
What I am bringing up is the look of the Trident is fugly. Period. Also, I am questioning the rationality of being the first in line to jump into a brand new anything. Ever do software development? Heard the term "bleeding edge"? Get with it. There's a reason they call it bleeding edge because someone get bitten. Large corporations stay a rev behind most of their major software because of the problems of new releases. Same with brand new vehicles. Every buy the first month's production of a car or truck? You'd be a fool and the General Motors, Nissans, Fords, Toyotas of the world spend BILLIONS to research and test. Get a clue. There's little more behind the comments that were posted unless you're some mind reading guru. Troll? Then you're a mushroom.

blown dough
08-04-2006, 04:46 PM
Name calling is so adult. You reek of juvenile pent-up frustration and need to lash out sporadically at anyone who disagrees.
What I am bringing up is the look of the Trident is fugly. Period. Also, I am questioning the rationality of being the first in line to jump into a brand new anything. Ever do software development? Heard the term "bleeding edge"? Get with it. There's a reason they call it bleeding edge because someone get bitten. Large corporations stay a rev behind most of their major software because of the problems of new releases. Same with brand new vehicles. Every buy the first month's production of a car or truck? You'd be a fool and the General Motors, Nissans, Fords, Toyotas of the world spend BILLIONS to research and test. Get a clue. There's little more behind the comments that were posted unless you're some mind reading guru. Troll? Then you're a mushroom.
You go sister!!!!!!!

It's Only Money
08-04-2006, 04:47 PM
As for your attitude... it speaks for itself. You are getting hit on for it because it reeks of something. We just aren't sure if it is a general hatred of success, or innovation or jealousy or what, but something is wrong with the anger in your posts and it is clear to everyone reading this.
if you think it reeks it's only in your imagination. The comments were opinion and their my opinion. I am an entrepreneur myself and quite successful. Different field than boat making - money management. By the way...in these posts...where's the anger except at punk ass mushrooms who try to shout down differing opinion.
Where did we meet in the channel?
I can't say what the date was and I won't admit to actually meeting you but you had the boat in the channel one weekend and I walked up gave it a look-see and frankly wasn't impressed. Bling-ful - yes. Desirable (to me) - no. I cold care less about "walls of sound" or "over-the-top" doodads. It's fugly and reminds me of a SeaDoo...

It's Only Money
08-04-2006, 04:54 PM
I just question why if they are starting to sell boats and finally starting to take off why you'd do your best to tear them down?
Who'e tearing them down? I made commentary on the looks and the wisdom of buying something fresh off the boards. If Wes is better than the entire engineering departments of Toyota, Nissan, Microsoft, etc. then he's a development God.
Why would you intentionally try to ruin somebodies livelihood for no other reason then you don't like the aesthetics of the boat?
Where do you get "intentionally try to ruin his livelihood"? Are not aesthetic opinions and questions about the wisdom of buying it valid? Where's the intentional attack?
I'll agree I've read some of Wes's posts in the past and thought they came off somewhat arrogant and sometimes "know it all" and I've even disagreed with alot of what he's said on both a fundamental and personal level.
At the end of the day though, I think he's done a hell of a job putting out a product that's a hell of alot different then everything else out there, from the way it looks, down to the way it works. That should be applauded and rewarded from the standpoint of not riding on everyone elses coat tails like everybody else does in this industry.
On top of which he's has in fact introduced some new features on his boat that are just flat out over the top! I'm personally not in the market for a Trident (way outta my price range) but I can say that I will certainly take inspiration from a few of Wes's ideas on my next boat. His shifter that incorporates guages is aesthetically one of the nicest and most unique billet peaces for a boat that I've ever seen.
I think it's great that he stepped out of the norm to build his boat & company from the ground up. Just becuase you don't like the looks of the boat, or perhaps disagree with somethings he's said on the internet doesn't mean you should try to go out of your way to destroy his dream or livelihood. It's one of those even if you don't like it, you should respect it for what it is kinda scenarios in my HUMBLE opinion.
RD
I could care less what he's done in the past or his arrogance. Many entrepenuers are arrogant and full of themselves. It's their passion that makes them successful. Pussies that fail and fall by the wayside are a dime a dozen and litter the streets. Tom Monaghan went bankrupt 3 times before becoming a billionaire.

Froggystyle
08-04-2006, 05:40 PM
...Wes is ...a development God.
You said it, not me... :D

riverluvr
08-04-2006, 05:42 PM
True, anyone who's met Wes and seen the boat would say the same. Don't understand such crap flinging by some. But then again I doubt they are in the $165K market anyway.
You hit the nail on the head. The people putting the Trident down without even gaining the knowledge Wes is offering are just trouble stirrers with no money to afford one even if they admitted to wanting one. From what I can see here, Wes has been a classy, nice guy. He feels good about the boat...he should...looks like a GREAT boat. I wish I could afford one! Leave the guy alone. :yuk:

Nord
08-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I leave for Florida on Wednesday for a week. When I get back, I'm going to a couple of places to compare myself.
Wes is a really nice guy. Had a few beers with him at RD's last year and took a short spin (really short) on the boat.
I just want to see what my options are.
I have to be honest, I really like the lines on the Magic.
I might even go used at this juncture with the crazy prices on new boats..
Its kind of a buyers market with used boats right now since there is a glut of them available.
As far as the Daytona comment.. I definately draw the line at spending 3000 + a year for insurance. The Daytona is also my dream boat, but I will never spend that much money on insurance.
~NORD~

Not So Fast
08-06-2006, 04:34 PM
I leave for Florida on Wednesday for a week. When I get back, I'm going to a couple of places to compare myself.
Wes is a really nice guy. Had a few beers with him at RD's last year and took a short spin (really short) on the boat.
I just want to see what my options are.
I have to be honest, I really like the lines on the Magic.
I might even go used at this juncture with the crazy prices on new boats..
Its kind of a buyers market with used boats right now since there is a glut of them available.
As far as the Daytona comment.. I definately draw the line at spending 3000 + a year for insurance. The Daytona is also my dream boat, but I will never spend that much money on insurance.
~NORD~
You're right on the insurance for sure. One thing not to expect is the same speeds motor for motor with the Magic compared to the Daytona. Yes the are both modified tunnels but thats were the comparison stops. Daytona much faster, Magic handles very well, sort of a trade off. Good luck, NSF

Nord
08-06-2006, 05:38 PM
You're right on the insurance for sure. One thing not to expect is the same speeds motor for motor with the Magic compared to the Daytona. Yes the are both modified tunnels but thats were the comparison stops. Daytona much faster, Magic handles very well, sort of a trade off. Good luck, NSF
Exactly.....