PDA

View Full Version : Bike Ridin in Mexico

rsr
08-03-2006, 07:55 AM
Got a friend who wants to go riding in Baja. Anyone take their toy haulers down to mexico (Rosarito/Ensenada) for the weekend? Any spot recommendations? Thanks in advance for any and all help.

ROZ
08-03-2006, 08:27 AM
I think the area is called Cantamar.. It's about an hour from San Diego on the beach side of the toll road... I think you have 2 tolls to go through. SUV plus a small trailer is 39 pesos/3.60 per toll... Really, you can't miss it... There's also San Felipe on the gulf, but it's a much longer trek..
You can get AAA Mexican insurance online. EASY!
Hope this helps.

Second "PLACE"
08-03-2006, 08:40 AM
RSR-
I go to Baja regularly.... If you cross via Tecate, try and stay and Rancho Santa Veronica. This is a great place to start. From here, you can continue on to San Felipe, Mike's Sky Rancho, San Quintin etc. I strongly recommend to purchase not only Mexican auto insurance, but insurance on your bike as well.

HavasuSelect
08-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Cantamar seems like a cool place. I've never rode there, just drove by. It's just outside of Puerto Nuevo so you can ride all day and get some lobster for dinner. It's a nice drive down there too. You follow the coast all the way.

rsr
08-03-2006, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the info so far. Cantamar sounds great - especially if it's that close to puerto nuevo - lobster, tortillas, and beans sounds great for a post ride meal. Can you stay at Cantamar - leave a toy hauler there?

HavasuSelect
08-03-2006, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the info so far. Cantamar sounds great - especially if it's that close to puerto nuevo - lobster, tortillas, and beans sounds great for a post ride meal. Can you stay at Cantamar - leave a toy hauler there?
That I'm not sure about. I'll try and make some calls and see what I can find out.