PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes the mods are so petty.

KACHINA KEN
08-03-2006, 08:00 PM
I was in the 5th ID ( Infantry Division, Mechanized ) probably some of the shittiest duty in the US Army you can have because it was Ft Polk Louisiana but nonetheless it was my post and I am proud to have served there. I've had our colors of the 5th in my sig line for well over 2 months and just all the sudden arbitrarily my colors get poofed and you know what, I fkn resent it. 2 months they are fine and then on a Thursday for seemingly no reason they are taken away, wanna be the nice guy Mr Mod? RESIZE IT and I will say thank you, but no you had to take it away and leave a smart ass comment for me instead. So a big FU for #1 touching my colors in the first place and #2 just for being a prick.

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2006, 08:03 PM
If you were in the service, then you probably understand "rules".
Just resize it and it will be fine. Otherwise, whining like a little girl won't resize it.

Tom Brown
08-03-2006, 08:03 PM
Would you like me to resize something for you, lil biyoch?

Her454
08-03-2006, 08:12 PM
First of all, thank you for your service.
BUT, You can't possibly be serious? Of all the things I've heard the Mods blamed for in the past this has to be the absolute most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
I would bet my first born that you were warned previously about the sig size and that there is not one Moderator on this site that isn't flying colors of their own somewhere.
Sharing secret PM's maybe, but unfair, unpatriotic and disrepectful to our Military. I call Bullshit. :rolleyes:

Tom Brown
08-03-2006, 08:17 PM
All mods are gay. No exceptions.

KACHINA KEN
08-03-2006, 08:21 PM
If you were in the service, then you probably understand "rules".
Just resize it and it will be fine. Otherwise, whining like a little girl won't resize it.
Got a better idea El Jefe', you do it, in the time it took to take something away that wasn't yours that was fine for 2 months you could have sent a PM or done it for me to be a " nice guy" All these folks on this board would tow each others broke down boats for 15 miles but it's to much effort to resize a pic or send a PM? Please.

Tom Brown
08-03-2006, 08:23 PM
You were clearly singled out, Ken. Obviously, the mods want to make an example of you.

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2006, 08:26 PM
Got a better idea El Jefe', you do it, in the time it took to take something away that wasn't yours that was fine for 2 months you could have sent a PM or done it for me to be a " nice guy" All these folks on this board would tow each others broke down boats for 15 miles but it's to much effort to resize a pic or send a PM? Please.
Do you have any idea how many signatures and avatars get taken down daily?
Do you think I have time to sit on these forums and "save picture as"...then use software to resize it, then upload it, then put it in your signature? I'd be here 24/7 just babysitting. I know you may find it hard to believe...but we don't get paid for this...I do have another job.
For god sakes...man up and resize it. You could have had it done in the time it took to write that post.

Tom Brown
08-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Do you have any idea how many signatures and avatars get taken down daily?
I used to have an entire web site including my own forums in my sig.
Damn mods. :mad:

Havasu Hangin'
08-03-2006, 08:29 PM
You were clearly singled out, Ken. Obviously, the mods want to make an example of you.
BTW...Ken is not being singled out. We just don't have time to read all the posts and/or profiles...so we have to rely on the members to follow the rules.
Obviously, someone just caught something that was there for awhile....but not within the rules nonetheless.

Tom Brown
08-03-2006, 08:30 PM
BTW...Ken is not being singled out.
Maybe not..... but I sense a consipracy here. :idea:

Tom Brown
08-03-2006, 08:33 PM
In Macromedia Fireworks, you could write a macro that would cut your resizing job down to minutes a day.
lmao! :D :D :D

MR HARLEY
08-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Maybe not..... but I sense a consipracy here. :idea:
Dont forget Schmick , banned for image size in sig. :frown:
Btw, HH
How long is his vacation? :D

Tom Brown
08-03-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm thinking of starting an online store in my sig.
I just sublet my sig to a family of Koreans.

Kilrtoy
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
Damn two months, Mine lasted 2 mintues.....
I guess DCB's are faster than COWchina's
THE LAST WAS A JOKE PEOPLE

moneypit
08-03-2006, 08:44 PM
All mods are gay. No exceptions.
Can they be bisexual? I think gay is a little harsh.

Ultrafied
08-03-2006, 09:04 PM
Whew, I thought this was going to be a serious thread!

Jordy
08-03-2006, 09:33 PM
http://home.maine.rr.com/mattyg/wambulance.jpg
:notam: :notam: :notam:

DeeCandyBar
08-03-2006, 09:39 PM
http://home.maine.rr.com/mattyg/wambulance.jpg
:notam: :notam: :notam:
http://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/cupof_stfu.gif

Jordy
08-03-2006, 09:41 PM
http://www.neowin.net/forum/fun/cupof_stfu.gif
Wow, at least you know how to post pics newb. :notam:
http://c3p0.sas.upenn.edu/albertm/images/ownd/notfunnysunshine.gif
:D :D :D

DeeCandyBar
08-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Wow, at least you know how to post pics newb. :notam:
:D :D :D
http://www.tobiasly.com/misc/pics/smartass/retard.jpg
:D :D :D :D :D

Jordy
08-03-2006, 09:57 PM
http://c3p0.sas.upenn.edu/albertm/images/ownd/nobody-cares.jpg
:notam: :notam: :notam: :D

djunkie
08-03-2006, 10:06 PM
:crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16115&stc=1

DeeCandyBar
08-03-2006, 10:07 PM
http://home.hawaii.rr.com/ax1s/dumbass.jpg

Cas
08-03-2006, 10:23 PM
http://www.laidbackboaters.com/c1a1eb40.jpg

Rexone
08-04-2006, 06:55 AM
1. "sig image size window is 500 px wide x 100 pix tall, please repost within those limits"... This is not a smart-ass comment.
2. "hey I removed your sig image you dumass repost it with within the rules"... That would be a smartass comment. :)
2. Forum rules plainly state sig sizes.
3. As HH said above mods don't have time to resize pics that people won't bother to do themselves. There's plenty of free software out there to do it.
4. You weren't singled out. About 30 sig images the axe that day (as they do many days). We correct them as we see them. You just got lucky for awhile I guess. We don't get paid and don't have time to babysit those who can't follow the few basic rules this forum does have. Everyone gets the same message when we see sig images that are obviously too large.
5. Stop whining and resize it and put it back up. It's not all that difficult.

Jbb
08-04-2006, 07:18 AM
Browns right.....I smell a conspiricy...... :220v:

RiverToysJas
08-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Moderators RULE! :crossx:
GET IT? That was a good one!!! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/lachen/laughing-smiley-014.gif
RTJas :D

***boat
08-04-2006, 07:32 AM
Just because no one noticed the oversize photo for the last two months doesn't mean you made it past a probation period and it is OK now. Sig pics get removed all the time when they violate the TOS. It's nothing personal, but it does make the site harder to read when there are oversize photos in the sig line.
It is absolutely 100% not the moderators job to re size and re-post your images for you. That is your job plain and simple.
Another note: Many people on these forums were in the service. I spent eight years in the military. No one here will remove your sig line because it is "your colors".

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-04-2006, 07:35 AM
so sayeth the lord :D
Don't take it personal Ken. It happened to me too. Those a$$holes had the nerve to take down my Jack Daniels siggy! Can you believe that??? Is NOTHING sacred?? :cry:

Jordy
08-04-2006, 07:36 AM
No one here will remove your sig line because it is "your colors". as far as you know, unless we think we're better than you... :D :D :D

Tom Brown
08-04-2006, 07:55 AM
Browns right.....I smell a conspiricy...... :220v:
What happened to my PowerBoat Magazine sig? :confused:

1stepcloser
08-04-2006, 07:58 AM
This whole thing reeks of communism. :yuk:
Anarchy is dead. :(

RiverToysJas
08-04-2006, 08:13 AM
This whole thing reeks of communism. :yuk:
Anarchy is dead. :(
I know, it's as if this website is privately owned and operated. :rolleyes:

Rexone
08-04-2006, 08:19 AM
Castro is secretly operating this website from his hospital bed right now.

OutCole'd
08-04-2006, 08:24 AM
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE, NO JUSTICE NO PEACE.......... :cool:

1stepcloser
08-04-2006, 08:24 AM
What the hell? I'm not allowed to have a political statement in my signature?
This is starting to anger me. :mad:

RiverToysJas
08-04-2006, 08:29 AM
What the hell? I'm not allowed to have a political statement in my signature?
This is starting to anger me. :mad:
Soooo.....was the "political statement" in question properly sized to w/i the guidelines of the forum? http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/bitchslap.gif
If such trivial things in life anger you, you might want to seek out some anger management courses as well. ;)

Tom Brown
08-04-2006, 08:36 AM
If such trivial things in life anger you, you might want to seek out some anger management courses as well. ;)
Oh yeah. You'd like that. Wouldn't you. :mad:

Rexone
08-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Soooo.....was the "political statement" in question properly sized to w/i the guidelines of the forum? http://op6c.com/forums/html/emoticons/bitchslap.gif
Good thing you saw it first Jas and not Castro.

Jbb
08-04-2006, 08:40 AM
Oh yeah. You'd like that. Wouldn't you. :mad:
They're mocking you Tom!......I think it's time you take it up a notch..... :p

FryJet
08-04-2006, 08:41 AM
sig image size window is 500 px wide x 100 pix tall, please repost within those limits. ( Please quit being a lil biyoch )
I like your new sig better................................ :rollside:
F.J.

v-drive
08-04-2006, 08:46 AM
This was damn funny....Thankyou KK........ :D v-drive

AZJD
08-04-2006, 09:01 AM
I think someone needs to be banned to make this thread really take off.....1 2 3 not it!

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 09:13 AM
It is absolutely 100% not the moderators job to re size and re-post your images for you. That is your job plain and simple.
Well no shit, but does our courtesy end if were not on the water or in a bar together? Fact is I dont have the jpeg anymore and it will take some time to find it again and then yeah Mr Shockwave B will help me resize it, this is about courtesy and not being a dick and about touching things that dont belong to you. Your site yeah, whatever your site is nothing without the people that are on it jackass. If my sig takes up too much bandwidth or whatever tell me how much money you need to compensate and I'll send you a check, aside from that please ( notice I said please ) don't F with my avatar my signature or anything else, I've always wished this was a pay site anyhow just so you guys would stop throwing it in our faces about how you own this and I dont pay for it. I pay $950 for 6 Mos as an OSO advertiser, I certainly wouldn't have a problem pay $40 or 50 bucks a year to not have to worry about my sig line being to big.

Havasu Hangin'
08-04-2006, 09:19 AM
...and not being a dick and about touching things that dont belong to you...don't F with my avatar my signature or anything else...
Uh, Ken?
The sig and avatar is not yours- it's on their server...they can do whatever they want with it.
Just an FYI.

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Uh, Ken?
The sig and avatar is not yours- it's on their server...they can do whatever they want with it.
Just an FYI.
Why are we splitting hairs here? Actually I just remembered where the image is, it's on my photobucket page which means it is hot-linked, so how does that negatively affect ***boat? bandwidth? If the image is hosted at Photobucket is it taking from their bandwidth and yours?

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-04-2006, 09:26 AM
I don't quite understand why people complain about the rules here on HB. The way I see it is you do not own or run this site or even pay to be on here....this means you follow the rules or just don't come on here anymore.
Yeah, it sucks that you lost your image or whatever but big deal. Make a new one. Its not the end of the world. :rolleyes: :p Oh, and thank you for serving our country too. :)
Thank you and have a nice day! :rollside:
Linda <----- whose picture in my signature was mysteriously re-sized by magic elves. :p

Havasu Hangin'
08-04-2006, 09:29 AM
Why are we splitting hairs here? Actually I just remembered where the image is, it's on my photobucket page which means it is hot-linked, so how does that negatively affect ***boat? bandwidth? If the image is hosted at Photobucket is it taking from their bandwidth and yours?
No...the bigger the image, the slower the loading for those with not-so-fast internet connections (it's a "courtesy" thing).
Also, as the sigs started getting bigger, the pages kept getting stretched.
As for not sending you a PM? Although this instance wasn't me, I can't tell you how many dozens I've sent out to fix something, and the guy just ignores it (doesn't respond). It's very frustrating...I feel like I'm babysitting sometimes.

RiverDave
08-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Ken if I might say a couple things here.. Your getting kinda agro about a signiature on a message board? It's not exactly trampling your civil rights.. There is several reasons why they don't like big signiatures. The guy with the lavey deckboat had a huge picture of his boat in his signiature.. To read a page that he posted in a couple times was almost unbearable for awhile. Everytime you'd read a post you'd have to scroll by a whole screen of his boat.. Which after the 5th or 6th time you really didn't need to see the boat anymore, as you could probably know every nook and cranny about it with your eyes closed. On another note there's the bandwidth issues etc..
They came up with a size that doesn't take any bandwidth and is small enough that it's not "intrusive" on the page while your scrolling through posts. If it's 1 pixel over that limit then they have every right to take it down and tell you to resize it. I don't understand why you don't resize it and put it back up? Calling them jackasses and petty doesn't seem like the right way to go?
RD

1stepcloser
08-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Soooo.....was the "political statement" in question properly sized to w/i the guidelines of the forum?
Now you question my integrity? :argue:
And now you mock me.
This is an outrage.

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 09:36 AM
I don't quite understand why people complain about the rules here on HB. The way I see it is you do not own or run this site or even pay to be on here
Linda <----- whose picture in my signature was mysteriously re-sized by magic elves. :p
It's not even about that it's about being cool and maybe first sending out a pm to let me know Linda, 2 mos it's OK and then it's gone. It's not big deal but it's BS and I call people on their BS. I don't know who took it down but it sucks all the same. Here is a better example of how this could have been handled
PM
Ken your sig needs to be resizes to blah blah by blah blah OK?
Ken PM's Mod
No prob, gimme a day and I'll see if Shockwave Bob can help me out.
Whats wrong with that solution?

Jbb
08-04-2006, 09:39 AM
When mine was too big ....thats the exact notice they sent me....maybe they just dont like you...?.... :p
Ken,this is falling under the "mountain out of a mole hill heading".....send me the pic and I will be happy to resize it for you....In the meantime.....take your boat out for a spin.....It will make you feel better.......oh ....and RD SUX.... :p

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 09:55 AM
Ken if I might say a couple things here.. Your getting kinda agro about a signiature on a message board? It's not exactly trampling your civil rights.. There is several reasons why they don't like big signiatures. The guy with the lavey deckboat had a huge picture of his boat in his signiature.. To read a page that he posted in a couple times was almost unbearable for awhile. Everytime you'd read a post you'd have to scroll by a whole screen of his boat.. Which after the 5th or 6th time you really didn't need to see the boat anymore, as you could probably know every nook and cranny about it with your eyes closed. On another note there's the bandwidth issues etc..
They came up with a size that doesn't take any bandwidth and is small enough that it's not "intrusive" on the page while your scrolling through posts. If it's 1 pixel over that limit then they have every right to take it down and tell you to resize it. I don't understand why you don't resize it and put it back up? Calling them jackasses and petty doesn't seem like the right way to go?
RD
I feel ya, but how many times have you seen me get agro in 3 yrs? I can tell ya exactly how many 3 including this incident, the first was over someone glamourizing the senseless killing of a 100yr old+ shark and the other was someone glamourizing a symbol of hate. I am one of the most chill folks on here in my estimation but certain things are more important to me then others so I got pissed, I'm still pissed. Believe me, it's not affecting my day one bit I'm still upbeat and happy as always. It is principal, we as a group out here in cyberspace sometimes meet in real life and even if we have not met before we feel we know each other so to a degree your conduct on here will have an influence on peoples perception of you and also decide for them whether or not you really want to hang with them in real time. I know a grip of people here that are in my life everyday, people I am hanging with in Havasu this very weekent like GHT and Semper Fi and Ill probably see Kilr and the Roxys and even you if you swim upstream for a bit, my colors or crest or whatever you want to call it are an important symbol too me for it to be snatched away with no warning hit a nerve, I don't regret anything I have stated, I still think this was wrong but I'll get over it and I will re post the colors of the 5th once they meet HB regulation. I will pass on a gem of information to the leaders of HB though since I was in the Army and I was a squad leader and I was Soldier of the month out of 5000 people in my battalion in Aug of 88 and I do know a few things about leadership.
Leadership is about example and that example has to be consistent and timely, if you make a rule stick to it, enforce it evenly and with punctuallity. A good leader also never punishes those that dont need punishment, and aleader also knows that a little communication will go a long way in preventing problems, be pro active and not re active.
Ken steps off soap box, waves to crowd and exits stage right.

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 09:57 AM
When mine was too big ....thats the exact notice they sent me....maybe they just dont like you...?.... :p
Ken,this is falling under the "mountain out of a mole hill heading".....send me the pic and I will be happy to resize it for you....In the meantime.....take your boat out for a spin.....It will make you feel better.......oh ....and RD SUX.... :p
SWB is already on the muthafukka but thanks. And Brian some peoples mountains may actually be molehills but it doesn't change their perception of it.

Dave C
08-04-2006, 10:03 AM
speaking of upset, wasn't there also that time about a boat manufacturer whose name rhymes with "cow" that got you all fired up??? ......
sorry, don't mean to get sidetracked... carry-on.

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 10:06 AM
Here are the colors that are sooo huge that need to be resized
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/5th_Seal60.jpg
The text "we will" and " The USA" need to be legible when re sized otherwise it is pointless. Shockwave this is the one OK? thanks bro.

Jbb
08-04-2006, 10:11 AM
SWB is already on the muthafukka but thanks. And Brian some peoples mountains may actually be molehills but it doesn't change their perception of it.
noted..

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 10:18 AM
:)

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 10:24 AM
Thanks Harley, it's a lil harder to read but you can still see The Fifth so I guess that will have to do, kudos.
WOW, doesn't HB run so much faster now that I resized a few pixels? Gee I'm glad I was able to help. :rolleyes:

Jordy
08-04-2006, 10:25 AM
I hate to be the one to point this out but it's still too big. :D

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 10:26 AM
Thanks Harley, it's a lil harder to read but you can still see The Fifth so I guess that will have to do, kudos.
WOW, doesn't HB run so much faster now that I resized a few pixels? Gee I'm glad I was able to help. :rolleyes:
I think the image still may be to large. :frown:

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 10:27 AM
I hate to be the one to point this out but it's still too big. :D
See post #64 :p

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Cool, well Jeff send me a bill because I am now an advertiser. I'm serious.

Jordy
08-04-2006, 10:32 AM
See post #64 :p
Yeah, post #64 comes right after #63 jackass!!!! :D :D :D

MR HARLEY
08-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Try this
95X92
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h310/RYLEND/5th_Seal60-4.jpg

CornWater
08-04-2006, 10:40 AM
...I feel like I'm babysitting sometimes.
Sometimes????
:rolleyes:

rivergoer
08-04-2006, 10:46 AM
maybe its because you were in the army.... i guess you shoulda beacame a MARINE instead........ :)

1stepcloser
08-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Nevermind

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 10:50 AM
maybe its because you were in the army.... i guess you shoulda beacame a MARINE instead........ :)
They told me I tested to high and it would be a waste :crossx:
JK jarhead, carry on.

Jordy
08-04-2006, 10:50 AM
That must be the ticket because your pic is too big and it's still there. They just don't like the Army on ***boat!!! :idea: :D

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 10:52 AM
That must be the ticket because your pic is too big and it's still there. They just don't like the Army on ***boat!!! :idea: :D
Or possibly a growing appreciation for symbols of freedom?

rivergoer
08-04-2006, 10:55 AM
They told me I tested to high and it would be a waste :crossx:
JK jarhead, carry on.
there is a reason for that....since you tested so high the way we look at it is...you would sit there for the first 30 to 40 minutes thinking about how to shoot back in combat while the other marine watching your back (the one that tested so low) would just go forward and take the bastard out in a matter of seconds....hence why marines always have to go in to help you smart army girls whoops i mean soldiers out.... :) semper fi

AZJD
08-04-2006, 11:02 AM
I think I would like to be banned now.....this is going no where!

DeeCandyBar
08-04-2006, 12:50 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b60/kachinaken/MISC/5th_Seal60.jpg

Tom Brown
08-04-2006, 01:45 PM
Calling them jackasses and petty doesn't seem like the right way to go?
Gotta disagree there, RD.

1stepcloser
08-04-2006, 02:20 PM
Gotta disagree there, RD.
So what else is new? Damn narcissist's.

6 balls
08-04-2006, 03:52 PM
Here you go Ken...
http://members.cox.net/dla/images/kensig.jpg

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 07:09 PM
Here you go Ken...
Jesus Christ thats beautiful! Thank you so much you cool fkn person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean WOW!

My Man's Sportin' Wood
08-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Here you go Ken...
That looks very nice. Kudos

6 balls
08-04-2006, 08:34 PM
No problem, your welcome! I figured you would want to use up all 100X500 pixels available. :wink: :D

mike37
08-04-2006, 08:50 PM
this sight has rules other than no naked chick pics

JAY4SPEED
08-04-2006, 09:08 PM
I was in the 5th ID ( Infantry Division, Mechanized ) probably some of the shittiest duty in the US Army you can have because it was Ft Polk Louisiana
What was so bad about being at Ft. Polk?
Jay

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 09:18 PM
What was so bad about being at Ft. Polk?
Jay
For starters Jay it was the location, I was from Shreveport and joined at age 17 to get out of Louisiana, I couldn't stand it. We would have to go down to your neck of the woods just to have some good R&R or all the way to H town. I guess I don't need to remind you of the insect problem there either and to compound matters we were on whats called p1/p2 cycle where we would go the the field for 2 weeks at a time and live eat sleep outdoors only to come home for 2 weeks to barracks to recondition the gear to turn around and go do it again. Also as a decontamination unit we were subject to deployment as a support unit to the entire post, we were attached to division artillary but we could be brought out by anyone, armor, infantry or artillary. We were kind fked like that. I did basic and chemical school @ Ft Mc Clellan Alabama which is still some of the most beautiful country in the winter I have seen to this day and I also did 2 ea 1 month rotations @ Ft Irwin so my travels in the military were few, we were broke thanks to the cold war and the Grahm/Rudman bill. It was tough duty but the peeps I met there made it all worth while.

beyondhelpin
08-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Dude I think you are being singled out.
This is Hot Boat, they dont like the Army. They are pro Navy. What were you thinking? If they were pro Army this site would be named Hot Boot! :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

Red Horse
08-06-2006, 02:55 PM
Just postin to make sure my signature was still here....

Tom Brown
08-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Just postin to make sure my signature was still here....
Me too.

Riomouse911
08-08-2006, 04:17 AM
Beyondhelpin', THAT was funny