PDA

View Full Version : So there I am....

piper
01-11-2006, 09:11 AM
Flying over this small village just north of Baghdad like we've done many times before. Now what my crew and I have done on several occasions was fill empty bottles of water with hard candy, do a low mid-speed pass and drop the candy bottles in open areas. We'd make another pass and watch the kids go for it as they waved at us. But yesterday these punks shot at us on our approach. No damage to our bird but what the hell. That's that last time I'm nice to that village. Yeah we shouldn't be doing things like that because we're basically being predictable but those kids looked like they really liked the candy bombs. Oh well. Won't do that again. :mad:

JB in so cal
01-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Instead of candy, drop poop!

piper
01-11-2006, 09:16 AM
They might get some piss bottle bombs next time.

hoolign
01-11-2006, 09:19 AM
Flying over this small village just north of Baghdad like we've done many times before. Now what my crew and I have done on several occasions was fill empty bottles of water with hard candy, do a low mid-speed pass and drop the candy bottles in open areas. We'd make another pass and watch the kids go for it as they waved at us. But yesterday these punks shot at us on our approach. No damage to our bird but what the hell. That's that last time I'm nice to that village. Yeah we shouldn't be doing things like that because we're basically being predictable but those kids looked like they really liked the candy bombs. Oh well. Won't do that again. :mad:
Our new "Shockwavebob" candies are the answer! They automatically adjust to the recipients personality.

Mrs.Racer277
01-11-2006, 09:23 AM
Hi Piper, How are you? Sorry to hear about yesterdays lil incident. :crossx:

Eliminator 4 Life
01-11-2006, 09:38 AM
Hey piper sorry to hear. Try to do something nice and it back fires on you. Im glad to hear you guys are safe. Keep up the good work.

91nordic29
01-11-2006, 10:35 AM
Instead of candy, drop poop!
ROFL :D :D

topless
01-11-2006, 10:40 AM
Just like anywhere. It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone. Sorry to hear that Piper.

piper
01-11-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi Piper, How are you? Sorry to hear about yesterdays lil incident. :crossx:
Yeah, I lost some buddies on that one, but the mission must go on. I'm doing better now. Thanks.

piper
01-11-2006, 10:46 AM
Just like anywhere. It only takes a few to ruin it for everyone. Sorry to hear that Piper.
Yup, my buddies doing a different mission used to drop boxes of clothes. Their wives used to send them a box of clothes their kids grew out of and these guys were doing the same thing we were doing. Of course they stopped as well because after a few drops they started getting shot at too. It's sad that the bad guys are ruining it for the people that need it.

cxr133
01-11-2006, 10:53 AM
GREAT ALLAH HAS TOLD US NOT TO TAKE CANDY FROM THE INFIDEL AMERICANS...... GREAT ALLAH SAYS THAT AMERICAN BIRD IN SKY IS HERE TO KILL ALL MUSLIMS AND RAPE OUR WOMEN :220v:
im sure they got some speech like that before shooting at you

YeLLowBoaT
01-11-2006, 11:07 AM
Shame that you were shot at for doing a "good thing".....You should go fly back over that village... just this time bring along a couple more Ma duces with you...I bet they won't like the candy that day....Really stay safe out there.

SummitKarl
01-11-2006, 11:12 AM
keep up the good work Piper...your my hero :)
don't let a few ruin your good deeds

Mrs_Wally_Gator
01-11-2006, 11:15 AM
Piper, Just want to say Thanks for the good work you and the troops are doing over there. Hope you all get to come home soon. Thanks again, form the Gators

LAFD
01-11-2006, 11:16 AM
instead of droppin candy bombs drop an A bomb. problem solved...

Mrs.Racer277
01-11-2006, 12:02 PM
Yeah, I lost some buddies on that one, but the mission must go on. I'm doing better now. Thanks.
Oh hun I am sorry to hear that. You are doing such a great thing. Thanks
XXOO

Debbolas
01-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Thank you Piper for being there and doing what you do.....
(I'm kinda freaked out that I'm agreeing with Sumit Karl, but there ya go....
Thank you Piper!
Debbolas & Scream
;)iu b
my cat keeps walking on m y keyboard.............................. :rolleyes:
ajksdfp[ow

spectratoad
01-11-2006, 02:09 PM
You can still drop them just go faster and a little more altitude. Maybe replace the candies with some mylanta or pepto tablets.
Thanks for the work over there. As you can see by my avatar my old unit is over there now in Afghanistan.
Godspeed and stay safe.

NorCalCat
01-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Piper,
Thanks for all you and your crew are doing for us. MOST of us really appreciate it. Be safe, God Bless!

piper
01-12-2006, 04:14 AM
You can still drop them just go faster and a little more altitude. Maybe replace the candies with some mylanta or pepto tablets.
Thanks for the work over there. As you can see by my avatar my old unit is over there now in Afghanistan.
Godspeed and stay safe.
I actually thought of that. Oh well I guess thats what bullet proof flooring is for. So are you coming back out this way anytime soon. I heard that the units that were in Afgahn in 04' are coming here this year. :cry:

JetBoatRich
01-12-2006, 04:44 AM
Not easy to be the nice guy :cool:

Midlife Advantage
01-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Next time take Jane Fonda or any other POS celebrity and drop them over the village!
Thanks for being there for us Piper and stay safe

Caribbean Jet
01-12-2006, 03:47 PM
Sorry to hear about that, your heart was in the right place, but thats also why your over there. Keep dropping the candy just do it higher and put a little parachute on the bottle.

Red Horse
01-12-2006, 04:02 PM
Unfortunaly predictability is a killer as well. In convoy training they are now saying no more items thrown from trucks etc. It gets too many people a reason to get close to you. I am so irratated by the bad people that screw up a good thing for everybody. That and the liberal press for reporting on the bad all the time. Youll never see a story like this on the news.
Keep your head down.

Wet Dream
01-12-2006, 04:07 PM
We'd make another pass and watch the kids go for it as they waved at us. But yesterday these punks shot at us on our approach.
Ok, so was the kids that shot at you? Here's the solution:
Drop grenades on the little f'ers. With luck, you'll get the right kid, if not you'll get a few of his buddies.
Was it a parent shooting at you? Here's the solution:
Drop a few grenades. You can ony hope the parent is watching as the little tike grabs it, thinking its candy. Boom! Good job dad.
If you're being shot at by insurgents, more power to them. They just managed to keep the little bastards from getting treats. Hope they're happy.
Thank you for your service.
I wonder how many people are trying to pick their jaw up off the keyboard now?
DTIATH IWAFJ GOI

BobS
01-13-2006, 05:59 AM
We should ship you a bunch of pigs and parachutes then you could bomb them with pigs. That should make for a great show. Bastards wouldn't know which way to run.
Keep up the good work.