PDA

View Full Version : Lets fly....

Jbb
08-04-2006, 09:29 AM
screw the kite tubes.....this looks like fun! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280013917170)

572Daytona
08-04-2006, 09:42 AM
Looks perfect for Havasu, when a 50ft cat with the driver looking backwards with a beer in one hand doing 150mph comes heading right for you, you can take evasive manuevers and let him go right under you :)

RiverDave
08-04-2006, 09:43 AM
screw the kite tubes.....this looks like fun! (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280013917170)
That is the coolest thing I think I've ever seen.. :)
RD

Dave C
08-04-2006, 09:48 AM
looks awful John Denver-esque..... if you know what I mean.... :crossx: :crossx:

Infomaniac
08-04-2006, 09:56 AM
I dont believe it will go 80 MPH in hovercraft mode.
Just like a boater and their speed claims. LOL
The noise would be a big problem.

doesitfloat?
08-04-2006, 10:02 AM
looks awful John Denver-esque..... if you know what I mean.... :crossx: :crossx:
Hahaha...lol. Didn't he just simply run out of gas, though?

Jbb
08-04-2006, 10:05 AM
Hahaha...lol. Didn't he just simply run out of gas, though?
John Denver ran out of gas ...and was slightly higher...

mickeyfinn
08-04-2006, 10:07 AM
wonder why they claim a higher speed on ice. Seems like if you are not touching the surface you should be the same speed under all conditions.

stompnstang
08-04-2006, 11:09 AM
I dont believe it will go 80 MPH in hovercraft mode.
Just like a boater and their speed claims. LOL
The noise would be a big problem.
they were under state'n it you know all jets on E-bay can do 100

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 11:17 AM
hahahah, that things a piece of shit.... If you go up in that you deserve the"brass balls" award.

Tom Brown
08-04-2006, 11:24 AM
Very nice. :D
There's nothing like wanting to run one of the tanks dry on the first flight in a new-to-you aircraft... of a new-to-you type (canard).
Oh... and ice isn't always flat. If there is wind when the lake is freezing, it can be convoluted as hell.

KACHINA KEN
08-04-2006, 11:56 AM
Very nice. :D
There's nothing like wanting to run one of the tanks dry on the first flight in a new-to-you aircraft... of a new-to-you type (canard).
Oh... and ice isn't always flat. If there is wind when the lake is freezing, it can be convoluted as hell.
Just to add to that, I was speaking with one of Johns back up singers ( I'm serious here ) and he said the airplanes tank switch was in a very odd spot and john may have simply not known where it was, tragic really. He was the first artist I ever saw in concert back in 79'

Captain Dan
08-04-2006, 12:07 PM
Was he Rocky Mountain High ? :)

RiverDave
08-04-2006, 12:24 PM
hahahah, that things a piece of shit.... If you go up in that you deserve the"brass balls" award.
I give the guy alot of credit for building that thing from scratch! I do you think it's a POS? Granted I think he could've cleaned up a few things (cover for the battery, exhaust, radiator etc..) But overall I think the thing is cooler then shiznit. :)
RD

JustMVG
08-04-2006, 01:31 PM
Was he Rocky Mountain High ? :)\\Doubt it, he was an accomplished Learjet pilot he owned his Lear 35 and flew it all the time, the long eze he was flying was a fairly new to him aircraft, so i believe he was not as familiar as he should have been before going up as he did.

YeLLowBoaT
08-04-2006, 01:35 PM
\\Doubt it, he was an accomplished Learjet pilot he owned his Lear 35 and flew it all the time, the long eze he was flying was a fairly new to him aircraft, so i believe he was not as familiar as he should have been before going up as he did.
He also had his flight statis removed by the FAA( booze related)...Basicly he ran out of gas. He had more in another tank, but did not know how to switch tanks( or had it set incorrectly beleaving it was correct). Still its a real shame...but he was doing somthing he was no longer allowed to do...