PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone noticed

Her454
08-04-2006, 12:15 PM
the number of "Boat Safe" commercials lately on the radio? I've never noticed them in the past before and it seems they have a new one every week now. I am hearing them on Sacramento's 98.5 radio and then on Satellite in the evenings every once in awhile.
This mornings commercial had a dad talking about his family of 4 sons and his wife that used to boat all the time until he lost his twin boys in a boating accident. They were not wearing life vests and drowned. All the ones I've heard are very emotional and to the point, but this one really packs a punch.

Tom Brown
08-04-2006, 12:18 PM
I hadn't noticed.

Her454
08-04-2006, 12:20 PM
I hadn't noticed.
They have radio in Canada? :rollside:

djunkie
08-04-2006, 12:22 PM
Actually I have noticed that myself. :rollside:

Ziggy
08-04-2006, 01:25 PM
I've only noticed the BillBoard in Indio along I-10....Only problem is that its facing the people coming back from the river rather than the ones heading towards the river.........Your Gov. dollars well used, again :rolleyes: :)

Dave C
08-04-2006, 01:28 PM
my favorite was the commercial "the other guy"...... "cuz unlike the other guy drinking a 12 pack of beer doesn't affect me one bit"....
classic!
Also "dirty dave" was my favorite also..... thats me "dirty dave"....LMAO

DMOORE
08-04-2006, 01:29 PM
They have been doing a bunch of them in San Diego. Mission Bay is notorious for jet-ski accidents. Mostly Tourists on rentals. Watch out.
Darrell.

superdave013
08-04-2006, 01:32 PM
and did you notice who they say is responsible? The driver? Nope, they say it's YOUR boat and YOU ARE responsible. Keep that in mind the next time someone wants to drive your hoopty.

Her454
08-04-2006, 01:47 PM
and did you notice who they say is responsible? The driver? Nope, they say it's YOUR boat and YOU ARE responsible. Keep that in mind the next time someone wants to drive your hoopty.
Exactly, they end each commercial with that. I think thats what got to me today when I heard it..... the dad was totally taking responsibility for the death of this twins and trying to prevent others from it. Sad, but it hit home for sure.

Rexone
08-04-2006, 02:52 PM
For the past couple years the CA Dept of Boating & Waterways has been running quite a few of these types of commercials.
The future of boating without excessive restrictions and exclusions revolves somewhat about people using common sense (which doesn't seem all that common in some locales) and self policing. If people don't do the above then boating as we know it could easily be legislated out the window over the next decade or two, particularly in a liberal state such as CA which is chock full of tree-huggers just waiting for an opportunity to make canoes the watercraft of preference.

core attitude
08-04-2006, 03:04 PM
I can't listen to the radio while I'm driving.........if the wrong song comes on it kills my buzz.......

RitcheyRch
08-04-2006, 03:35 PM
Havent notice them this year but do remember quite a few last year.

Cas
08-04-2006, 05:07 PM
For the past couple years the CA Dept of Boating & Waterways has been running quite a few of these types of commercials.
The future of boating without excessive restrictions and exclusions revolves somewhat about people using common sense (which doesn't seem all that common in some locales) and self policing. If people don't do the above then boating as we know it could easily be legislated out the window over the next decade or two, particularly in a liberal state such as CA which is chock full of tree-huggers just waiting for an opportunity to make canoes the watercraft of preference.
One of the problems that those tree huggers are drooling over is polution like this
http://www.plasticdebris.org/images/Crane.jpg
A lot of it comes from people outside boating but the boaters are still getting blamed. I often go to the Dept of Boating and Waterways and the Recreational Boaters of CA webistes to try and keep up with what's going on. Lots of good info on them.

blown dough
08-04-2006, 05:10 PM
Yes, in the Antelope Valley I have heard them alot, they even tell a story about a girl that got her hair all waded up in the prop, makes you think though.

squirt'nmyload
08-04-2006, 06:41 PM
they need something on the way to lake pleasant....its almost every weekend i see someone getting cpr because they are sitting on the swim deck of the rollbar boats with the engine running in humbug