PDA

View Full Version : I have a Drug Problem

Her454
01-11-2006, 11:54 AM
Do you?
The Drug Problem in America
The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, ''Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''
I replied: I had a drug problem when I was young:
I was drug to church on Sunday morning.
I was drug to church for weddings and funerals.
I was drug to family reunions and community socials no matter the weather.
I was drug by my ears when I was disrespectful to adults.
I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did
not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four-letter word.
I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.
I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood;
and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.

Mrs. HOOTER SLED
01-11-2006, 11:55 AM
Do you?
The other day, someone at a store in our town read that a methamphetamine lab had been found in an old farmhouse in the adjoining county and he asked me a rhetorical question, ''Why didn't we have a drug problem when you and I were growing up?''
I was also drug to the woodshed when I disobeyed my parents, told a lie, brought home a bad report card, did
not speak with respect, spoke ill of the teacher or the preacher, or if I didn't put forth my best effort in everything that was asked of me.
I was drug to the kitchen sink to have my mouth washed out with soap if I uttered a profane four-letter word.
I was drug out to pull weeds in mom's garden and flower beds and cockleburs out of dad's fields.
I was drug to the homes of family, friends, and neighbors to help out some poor soul who had no one to mow the yard, repair the clothesline, or chop some firewood;
and, if my mother had ever known that I took a single dime as a tip for this kindness, she would have drug me back to the woodshed.
Those drugs are still in my veins; and they affect my behavior in everything I do, say, and think. They are stronger than cocaine, crack, or heroin; and, if today's children had this kind of drug problem, America would be a better place.
I recall having some of those drugs too.............funny thing ....

Unforgiven
01-11-2006, 11:56 AM
Do you?
can you post SOMETHING boating related???

Kilrtoy
01-11-2006, 11:57 AM
I had that same DRUG problem

Unforgiven
01-11-2006, 12:01 PM
I had that same DRUG problem
I never thought Yvonne was a DRUG problem...she looks like a great habit

HCS
01-11-2006, 12:02 PM
When I was in the 5th grade kids were smoking pot.
By time I was in the 8th grade kids were dropping orange sunshine and snorting coke.
The biggest difference now is they smoke and shoot the drugs.
Never did that when I was a kid. :rolleyes:

Her454
01-11-2006, 12:15 PM
When I was in the 5th grade kids were smoking pot.
By time I was in the 8th grade kids were dropping orange sunshine and snorting coke.
The biggest difference now is they smoke and shoot the drugs.
Never did that when I was a kid. :rolleyes:
Orange Sunshine?

Wild Horses
01-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Orange Sunshine?
I'm with you on this one.

HCS
01-11-2006, 12:35 PM
Orange Sunshine?
Very high grade LSD used in the Vietnam era.
It came in the form of a very small orange colored pill.
If you dropped one you'd know why they called it Orange Sunshine.
Of course I wouldn't really know. :messedup:

Run_em_Hard
01-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Do you?
What gets me is people always sayin shit, just like you said "when i was growing up". People can't blame what year it is on these problems. I am only 21 and I have had the same Drug problem that everyone else here has had. Tonz of my friends have had the other drug problem that is spoke of here, whether it be coke, E, meth, or just weed. And ALMOST(emphasis) everyone of their problems reflect their upbringing one way or another. Everyone of my friends have told me how they admire the relationship me and my parents have and thats the key(IMO), being there. Just my $.02.

Her454
01-11-2006, 01:37 PM
What gets me is people always sayin shit, just like you said "when i was growing up". People can't blame what year it is on these problems. I am only 21 and I have had the same Drug problem that everyone else here has had. Tonz of my friends have had the other drug problem that is spoke of here, whether it be coke, E, meth, or just weed. And ALMOST(emphasis) everyone of their problems reflect their upbringing one way or another. Everyone of my friends have told me how they admire the relationship me and my parents have and thats the key(IMO), being there. Just my $.02.
Um...... I'm not sure but did I just get slammed? ..........
Someone please tell me so I can adjust my response appropriately LOL....

spectratoad
01-11-2006, 01:43 PM
I think he is just saying that in his opinion it is not a "generational" thing. I do think though that a good :cry: whoopin' :cry: as a kid makes you think twice about some choices you will make....even as an adult.
I do disagree with his statement though. If you looks at the way parents are treated when it comes to raising kids or raising their hand to their kids then it is a "what year it is" issue. When I am put into the spotlight because I smack my son on the a$$ then that is wrong. He knows that he has crossed the line when I get to that point and I can count on one hand how many times that has happened.
The amount of disrespect that today's kids have for adults and authority is disgraceful and yes it is alot of 21 year olds that have the self centered attitude. But for as many punks ages 12-40 out there there are twice as many good and respectable kids. Yes I classify 21 years old as still being a kid.
I partied my a$$ off growing up but I NEVER disrespected those around me or their property the way that punks do nowdays.
Just my two pennies.

JetBoatRich
01-11-2006, 01:51 PM
Back in the day it was a DRUG problem, now it is a choice

JetBoatRich
01-11-2006, 01:54 PM
Very high grade LSD used in the Vietnam era.
It came in the form of a very small orange colored pill.
If you dropped one you'd know why they called it Orange Sunshine.
Of course I wouldn't really know. :messedup:
I heard on the news today :rolleyes: the guy who invented LSD turned 100 today :skull:

Her454
01-11-2006, 01:55 PM
Thanks Spectra for the insight LOL........
Run em Hard............ Just to clarify, I only posted it as a joke as I received it via email. I have never had a drug problem but lost several friends and an ex husband to Meth. Probably should not have made light of drug problems, but I thought the point was there behind the humor of how parenting and how you are raised has an effect on your "future" and how you choose to use it. :rollside: :rollside:

MAINEVENT
01-11-2006, 01:58 PM
Ummmmmmm Not sure but this was a joke.............. :rolleyes: :rollside:

Biglue
01-11-2006, 02:01 PM
LET HIM HAVE IT. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

SB
01-11-2006, 02:02 PM
Good post.
Kids today have designer drugs and the idea of putting coke up one's nose must seem terribly passe.
Keep in mind that 80 years ago you could get coke, heroine, or pot over the counter but couldn't buy a drink.
We have 50 million people on Prozac or its ilk. So let's not pretend we hate drugs, we love them.

MAINEVENT
01-11-2006, 02:05 PM
Good post.
Kids today have designer drugs and the idea of putting coke up one's nose must seem terribly passe.
Keep in mind that 80 years ago you could get coke, heroine, or pot over the counter but couldn't buy a drink.
We have 50 million people on Prozac or its ilk. So let's not pretend we hate drugs, we love them.
"I dont like the drugs but the drugs like me"
-Marilyn Manson

Run_em_Hard
01-11-2006, 02:20 PM
I ment nothing as to slam anyone or offend in that matter as well. The point that I was trying to get across is that it is not a generation thing. And I agree completely with spectratoad, plenty of kids these days need to get thier a$$ whooped FOR disrespecting adults, its something I see everyday with my girlfriends brother and I bit my tounge everytime by not saying something or doing something physical.

Her454
01-11-2006, 02:25 PM
I agree completely with spectratoad, plenty of kids these days need to get thier a$$ whooped FOR disrespecting adults, its something I see everyday with my girlfriends brother and I bit my tounge everytime by not saying something or doing something physical.
Whoop his ass, he'll be better off for it and you'll feel better. :rollside: :)

Run_em_Hard
01-11-2006, 02:30 PM
Whoop his ass, he'll be better off for it and you'll feel better. :rollside: :)
O...don't worry its crossed my mind a few times.

JetBoatRich
01-11-2006, 03:19 PM
I only like the smell of cocaine :rolleyes: