PDA

View Full Version : Pageing Kilrtoy!!!!!!

Daytona100
08-05-2006, 08:40 PM
I got a question for you. My stepson now 21 lives in Reno. He recently got a DUI while leaving a bar. Chris and his buddy left the bar walked to there car got in started to pull away never even left the parking lot and got pulled over. Of course failed the sobriety check and got arrested. My question is can cops sit in the parking lot of a bar and arrest everyone who comes out and gets in there car? The worst part is the dumbass lives walking distance from the bar. Can he say that he was just moving the car to a safer place and locking it up so he could walk home?

Kilrtoy
08-05-2006, 08:49 PM
Basically behind the wheel, engine running, it will be hard to argue that you were not in control of the vehicle.
Now sitting in a parking lot waiting for persons to exit who may be under the influence could appear to be entrapment and is not to ethical. Illegal, no, frowned upon yes...
He did infact move the vehicle ever so slight, he was operating the vehicle...
good luck on the out come..

Daytona100
08-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Thank you for the info. You can preach and preach to your kids but sometimes they have to learn the hardway.

Moneypitt
08-05-2006, 09:18 PM
Basically behind the wheel, engine running, it will be hard to argue that you were not in control of the vehicle.
Now sitting in a parking lot waiting for persons to exit who may be under the influence could appear to be entrapment and is not to ethical. Illegal, no, frowned upon yes...
Not in Ventura County. The SO has caused a couple of bars to go under due to the harassment of customers. The vultures hide, follow cars without their lights on, (even on the 101 freeway), have no probable cause for a stop other than the car just left a bar, the very first question is not about license/reg/insurance, but "how much have you had to drink". The ex DA judges in VC could care less about probable cause, allow cases to go forward even when the deputy is caught in boldfaced lies with photographic evidence. It really is out of control here, drivers forced to blow within 5 minutes of finishing their drinks and those tests used in court instead of the lower, legal tests taken at the station later. I can remember when LE had more pride than to just sit on a bar and wait like a vulture. We now have several private parties that call themselves "courtesy cabs", unlicensed as a cab, but ignored by LE. I walk, period.........MP

shueman
08-05-2006, 09:35 PM
I got a question for you. My stepson now 21 lives in Reno. He recently got a DUI while leaving a bar. Chris and his buddy left the bar walked to there car got in started to pull away never even left the parking lot and got pulled over. Of course failed the sobriety check and got arrested. My question is can cops sit in the parking lot of a bar and arrest everyone who comes out and gets in there car? The worst part is the dumbass lives walking distance from the bar. Can he say that he was just moving the car to a safer place and locking it up so he could walk home?
Happened to a friend in the Ontario, CA area. Judge dismissed the charges as the parking lot is considered "private property"......said you have to be on the public streets before the LE can nab you.

LOWRIVER2
08-06-2006, 02:24 AM
How about a soccer field or playground ole ktoy?
you be the expert Joe Cop, tell me the law/LOL!!!!

Mrs.Killer
08-06-2006, 03:30 AM
How about a soccer field or playground ole ktoy?
you be the expert Joe Cop, tell me the law/LOL!!!!
L-river, you ride my husbands cock harder than I do. I'm starting to wonder about your sexual preference!!!! Is your boyfriend not taking care of you the way he should? Isn't there a bus rolling down Whilshire you need to attend to, bus boy!!!

Ultracrazy
08-06-2006, 03:40 AM
L-river, you ride my husbands cock harder than I do. I'm starting to wonder about your sexual preference!!!! Is your boyfriend not taking care of you the way he should? Isn't there a bus rolling down Whilshire you need to attend to, bus boy!!!
:)

beerjet
08-06-2006, 05:13 AM
:lightsabe

core attitude
08-06-2006, 07:45 AM
Here goes another possibly informative thread shot to hell..........
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/talc/images/popcorn.jpg

Jyruiz
08-06-2006, 07:53 AM
Standing by for the fireworks. :)

Dribble
08-06-2006, 07:59 AM
Well that was a direct hit.

RP2
08-06-2006, 08:01 AM
Again... :argue: :rolleyes:

Dezertrider
08-06-2006, 08:06 AM
I think I see smoke on the LOWRIVER. Call the fire Dept!!!!!!!
http://mud.mm-a8.yimg.com/image/2982191983

LOWRIVER2
08-06-2006, 11:29 AM
Not even close,
Topless had some misinformation about me because I knew an old friend of her's (Topless)
Try again,
and no, not gay, just challenged your man to friendly boxing match to raise money and he stood silent just like he does as a cop. Looks like he can do something, but when it's time to step up, his true inner cowardice takes over and he rides off into the sunset.
But it's okay, I admire a woman who sticks up for her man since he can't defend himself.
Anytime Ktoy, anytime.
Now that's how you "land one" for the newbies.

hotsand65
08-06-2006, 11:45 AM
Why would it be frowned upon? I would rather they wait in the parking lot, get them right then and there and not let them out on the street to drive like and ass and kill someone? I'm sorry, but drunk is drunk no matter how far the car went - don't get behind the wheel! It really fries my ass that people want to argue this point - drunk driving is drunk driving!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Boatcop
08-06-2006, 12:34 PM
Happened to a friend in the Ontario, CA area. Judge dismissed the charges as the parking lot is considered "private property"......said you have to be on the public streets before the LE can nab you.
FYI,
AZ DUI laws apply anywhere in the state.
Private Property
Dirt Road
Farm Field
Middle of the Desert
Back Yard on a Golf Cart
DUI is DUI.
Period

Daytona100
08-06-2006, 12:52 PM
Back yard on a golfcart!!!! That seems like your stretching it a little.

buzzaro
08-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Bicycles and horses too, nothing is too far to stretch.

Boatcop
08-06-2006, 01:46 PM
Only applies to motor vehicles.
Golf Cart is a "motor vehicle" by definition.
Back Yard is within the State.
No Stretch.

PlyaPlya22
08-06-2006, 02:24 PM
Damn...WTF is going on in here??

Acommanderguy
08-06-2006, 02:38 PM
I have to agree. I think its wrong for a cop to sit and nab people as they walk out of a bar. Yes we all have driven drunk. Do we take it back of course we do. Anyways I dont to feel like when I go out to TGIF that I am gonna get nabbed after have a couple of vodka/tonics,and some dinner. Do we have to live in fear of walking to ours cars and getting harrased? I dont think we should. But thats JMO.
Hey bud Mrs. Killer is world class, and so is Mr Kilr. I think its cowardly of you to call him out like that on this public forum bc he didn't feel the need to "box" you.. Serious man let it go.

ahhell
08-06-2006, 02:43 PM
FYI,
AZ DUI laws apply anywhere in the state.
Private Property
Dirt Road
Farm Field
Middle of the Desert
Back Yard on a Golf Cart
DUI is DUI.
Period
dammit, i was just about to cruz the b-yard in a buzzed condition...better stay on the couch.......bartender...YYYOOOOOOOOO

SmokinLowriderSS
08-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Here goes another possibly informative thread shot to hell..........
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/talc/images/popcorn.jpg
Yep, more here.

Howie Feltersnatch
08-06-2006, 03:21 PM
I got popped years ago coming out of a "TeeTee" bar. Turns out the "DUI taskforce" got me. At that time the "DUI taskforce" meant that cops could pick up unlimited overtime working the detail. Of course those that don't make arrests don't get to the head of the line for this lucrative assignment.
After I went through all the court bs & got into the mandated alcohol class the teacher told me they would do things like put chalk marks on the tires of cars parked in bar parking lots and then look for the marks & pull over the cars leaving as the cops cruised the area. They would also sit at the end of the block and watch people coming out of bars and pull them over on the way out of the parking lot.
In my case, I was drunk - no question, and deserved to be pulled over and arrested. Of course at that time I was "OK" and would "make it home". I did my community service, and learned my lesson. This was 20 years ago.
Drunk driving has gotten a lot worse in our area since then and they're now talking about starting DUI checkpoints. I now have a daughter who will be driving within the next 5 years and I don't want her to have to deal with guys like I used to be.
Bring on the checkpoints. My lawyers words then are even more true today: "the price of a cab is nothing compared to the alternative".
Just ask Mel Gibson.

Nord
08-06-2006, 03:30 PM
Not even close,
Topless had some misinformation about me because I knew an old friend of her's (Topless)
Try again,
and no, not gay, just challenged your man to friendly boxing match to raise money and he stood silent just like he does as a cop. Looks like he can do something, but when it's time to step up, his true inner cowardice takes over and he rides off into the sunset.
But it's okay, I admire a woman who sticks up for her man since he can't defend himself.
Anytime Ktoy, anytime.
STORY STRAIGHT.............KILRTOY IS NOT A COP!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE SEEMS TO THINK HE IS......UNLESS I'M MISSING SOMETHING HERE, I THINK THAT SUMS IT UP!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think he has every even claimed to be a officer on here.
~NORD~

Nord
08-06-2006, 03:31 PM
[QUOTE=Boatcop]Only applies to motor vehicles.
QUOTE]
IN AZ yes, in California no...... I thought it was like that in AZ too though...good to know....

waterwitch
08-06-2006, 04:03 PM
STORY STRAIGHT.............KILRTOY IS NOT A COP!!!!!!!!!!!
EVERYONE SEEMS TO THINK HE IS......UNLESS I'M MISSING SOMETHING HERE, I THINK THAT SUMS IT UP!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think he has every even claimed to be a officer on here.
~NORD~
NOT unless the LA SCHOOL DISTRICT counts.......

Boatcop
08-06-2006, 04:13 PM
I double checked:
A. It is unlawful for a person to drive or be in actual physical control of a vehicle in this state...................
OK. That means anywhere in the State.
Definitions:
56. "Vehicle" means a device in, on or by which a person or property is or MAY be transported or drawn on a public highway, excluding devices moved by human power or used exclusively on stationary rails or tracks.
I guess that means horses or horse drawn carriages would apply, but bicycles would not. Notice it says "...is or MAY be transported or drawn on a public highway". Doesn't have to be on a highway, only that it could be used on a highway. Forklifts, mopeds, golf carts, motorized skateboards, riding lawnmowers, etc.

Nord
08-06-2006, 04:18 PM
In Newport Beach California, riding a bike under the influince will get you a DUI. Unless its a OUI, or someother type of _UI. Either way, its expensive and goes on your record.
This is why sometimes, I think that AZ laws are better (realistic) But then again, I shouldn't have an opinion, I don't even own a bike presently lol........
~NORD~

Kilrtoy
08-06-2006, 04:25 PM
He is your answer this is from the Nevada vehicle code
NRS 484.379 Unlawful acts; affirmative defense; additional penalty for violation committed in work zone. [Effective until the date of the repeal of the federal law requiring each state to make it unlawful for a person to operate a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration of 0.08 percent or greater as a condition to receiving federal funding for the construction of highways in this State.]
1. It is unlawful for any person who:
(a) Is under the influence of intoxicating liquor;
(b) Has a concentration of alcohol of 0.08 or more in his blood or breath; or
(c) Is found by measurement within 2 hours after driving or being in actual physical control of a vehicle to have a concentration of alcohol of 0.08 or more in his blood or breath,
Ê to drive or be in actual physical control of a vehicle on a highway or on premises to which the public has access.

Moneypitt
08-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Why would it be frowned upon? I would rather they wait in the parking lot, get them right then and there and not let them out on the street to drive like and ass and kill someone? I'm sorry, but drunk is drunk no matter how far the car went - don't get behind the wheel! It really fries my ass that people want to argue this point - drunk driving is drunk driving!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
True and true, but the mere fact that a person leaves a bar is not probable cause to harrass them. If they show signs of imparment while walking to their car/truck then stop them right there and cite/arrest them for drunk in public. Why wait for them to even get in the vehicle. The idea of hiding in the shadows and following them out of the parking lot doesn't stop them from killing someone crossing the street 20 yards down the road. If they really wanted to save lives instead of putting a notch on their arrest record they would stop the person before they even got in the vehicle. But, a drunk in public isn't the same kudos as a DUI arrest, nor is it much help to the money machine that drives all of it. If they really wanted to save lives all the new vehicles would have an interlock device built in from the factory..........MP

vmjtc3
08-06-2006, 04:29 PM
NOT unless the LA SCHOOL DISTRICT counts.......
If he works for the school district as a police officer, I believe he is still a cop. I know the ones here in Las Vegas go through post training along with the rest of them. They train with Metro, the Highway Patrol,and Henderson PD. And when they cuff and stuff someone they dont take them to the Dean's office, they go straight to county jail. I have a buddy that works for the ccsd police, you would be supprised how many people go of on him thinking that he is just a rent a cop. That's when they find themselves ass- out sitting in jail. :)

Dezertrider
08-06-2006, 04:30 PM
10 years ago I rode my bike 3 blocks to a bachelor party that consisted of a limo and many titty bars. On the way back home carrying the extra 12 pack of beer ( First wrong move, two 12 packs would of been easier to balance on the bars)I got pulled over and was informed I could of gotten a DUI. They laughed at me and made me walk home. :messedup:

Boatcop
08-06-2006, 04:32 PM
In Newport Beach California, riding a bike under the influince will get you a DUI. Unless its a OUI, or someother type of _UI. Either way, its expensive and goes on your record.
This is why sometimes, I think that AZ laws are better (realistic) But then again, I shouldn't have an opinion, I don't even own a bike presently lol........
~NORD~
Drunk biking is kind of a self correcting problem. You only have to fall off once or twice to realize that it's not such a good idea.
The concept of DUI/OUI laws are to reduce collisions, injuries and deaths of innocent persons. The only one who's going to get focked up from drunk biking is the drunk on the bike. Although I suppose a vehicle trying to avoid some drunk on a bike could cause the above.
Just as the OUI laws in AZ only apply to MOTORIZED watercraft. You can't do too much damage paddling a canoe or rowboat under the influence.

uvindex
08-06-2006, 04:42 PM
Just as the OUI laws in AZ only apply to MOTORIZED watercraft. You can't do too much damage paddling a canoe or rowboat under the influence.Hey, a loophole! This bad boy can do 38 knots under sail. :)
http://newton-i.usefilm.com/images/4/4/6/4/4464/1142993-medium.jpg

Daytona100
08-06-2006, 05:14 PM
Probably need to be on top of your game to operate that bad boy.

hotsand65
08-06-2006, 05:15 PM
True and true, but the mere fact that a person leaves a bar is not probable cause to harrass them. If they show signs of imparment while walking to their car/truck then stop them right there and cite/arrest them for drunk in public. Why wait for them to even get in the vehicle. The idea of hiding in the shadows and following them out of the parking lot doesn't stop them from killing someone crossing the street 20 yards down the road. If they really wanted to save lives instead of putting a notch on their arrest record they would stop the person before they even got in the vehicle. But, a drunk in public isn't the same kudos as a DUI arrest, nor is it much help to the money machine that drives all of it. If they really wanted to save lives all the new vehicles would have an interlock device built in from the factory..........MP
Totally agree, repeat DUI offenders have that installed in their cars, make every "designated driver" stop by the "tent" in the parking lot of the bar they just got smashed in before are allowed in the car. I know there is no easy answer, but the fact that you drink and drive and "think" they can drive just makes me crazy!!!

Brian
08-06-2006, 05:21 PM
Not even close,
Try again,
Anytime Ktoy, anytime.
Ya know, between this post (as well as others in the past) and your sig line, I get the impression that you have some sort of issue with the world. Getting into fights somehow proves your validity? I thought police officers were supposed to protect society from menaces, not be a menace to society. Oh well what do I know, I'm just a private citizen who generally trys to treat others as I would like to be treated myself. I suppose I could have it all wrong.
:rolleyes:
ps: Sorry for jacking the thread!

framer1
08-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Ya know, between this post (as well as others in the past) and your sig line, I get the impression that you have some sort of issue with the world. Getting into fights somehow proves your validity? I thought police officers were supposed to protect society from menaces, not be a menace to society. Oh well what do I know, I'm just a private citizen who generally trys to treat others as I would like to be treated myself. I suppose I could have it all wrong.
No, You got it right.

Havasu1986
08-06-2006, 05:56 PM
This guy is the reason people like fireman and hate cops.

famaffair
08-06-2006, 05:58 PM
I doubt that very seriously, there had to be another reason for the dismissal, DUI is one of the few vehicle code violations that can be applied on private property.

bignet
08-06-2006, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=Brian]Ya know, between this post (as well as others in the past) and your sig line, I get the impression that you have some sort of issue with the world. Getting into fights somehow proves your validity? I thought police officers were supposed to protect society from menaces, not be a menace to society.
I agree that's why some off duty cops that act tough get f*d up by the homies. It's not personal, it's just when their at a bar they like to talk shit, but when push comes to shove they play the "Take it easy man..I'm a cop." We usually say, "You should've thought about that before you opened your f*in mouth!
I've got a few cousins in LE, and they agree...leave the badge at home dog.
:crossx:
bignet

Riomouse911
08-06-2006, 06:45 PM
First off, the offense listed occurred in Nevada, so Nevada statutes would apply. Whoever listed the Nevada DUI law is right on the money.
In Ca., VC 23152 states that it's illegal to drive a vehicle while DUI (alcoholic beverages and/or drugs). There is no mention of where or when it's "King's X" because there isn't one. If you take the risk of driving DUI, you take the risk on a highway, parking lot, toll bridge etc..
VC 21200.5 covers DUI on a bike..No more than $250.00 fine and if under 21, a possible license suspension if convicted. (VC 13202.5) These stops are real popular in beach towns and areas with lots of younger people and lots of bars.
There is never a "right or wrong" answer to legal questions, the law is ever changing based on new defense theories and challenges to existing thought. What worked in 1985 might not work in 1995, and might swing back and be OK in 2005, depending on challenges and interpretations of published opinions.
Best advice is a) avoid the situation to begin with, and if that doesn't pan out, b) consult an attorney practicing in the area where the offense occurred and who is familiar with the statutes allegedly broken..:-)..

HMF'er
08-06-2006, 09:30 PM
There's a difference between DUI and Drunk In Public.

djunkie
08-06-2006, 09:39 PM
And you call me a shit talker :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:

SHOTKALLIN
08-06-2006, 09:48 PM
I think lowriver and ktoy should have a donut eating contest. Winner gets top cop honors and the fued dies.

Mrs.Killer
08-07-2006, 06:19 AM
And you call me a shit talker :rolleyes: :crossx: :crossx:
Im not talking shit, just stating a fact!!!

WTP
08-07-2006, 07:10 AM
Mrs. Killer
It is noble for you to defend your husband, you are everything most men desire in a real woman. God Bless you for being you.
Your husband however, talks too much shit. He should step up and handle his business. There is a member from our group that was hassled by Lowriver a couple years ago. "Let's fight, let's fight" Lowriver continuously taunted. Then one day at the races, somebody pointed him out to our friend. He approached and introduced himself then got right up in Gary’s face. Lowriver backed down so fast slobbering apologies our friend thought he might actually cry. He did NOT want to fight without his cop buddies there to back his play.
People that are truly tough have no need to spew the garbage he does in public forums, he is a different man face to face. Pretty decent guy face to face in fact.
That being said, as much junk as your husband talks, we would like to see him back up his mouth and face his fears. Most likely results will be a new friendship.
Much love for you though Mrs. Killer! :rollside:

Jbb
08-07-2006, 07:13 AM
L-river, you ride my husbands cock harder than I do.
.....lmao...... :p

Moneypitt
08-07-2006, 07:29 AM
There's a difference between DUI and Drunk In Public.
Is this a question? Yes, big difference. About $2500. difference, not to mention driving privledges suspended, attorney fees, etc etc. A DIP is usually just an overnighter in jail and "time served" at sentencing. But, the arresting officer will not gain the reputation associated with the DUI arrest. It's all a money machine, and IMO, the public's safety is not the driving factor in DUI arrests..........MP

XTRM22
08-07-2006, 07:32 AM
Man Brian you are right on on that one, I hate agreeing with you like this, but you hit it on the head.
Chuck

XTRM22
08-07-2006, 07:38 AM
Mrs. Killer
It is noble for you to defend your husband, you are everything most men desire in a real woman. God Bless you for being you.
Your husband however, talks too much shit. He should step up and handle his business. There is a member from our group that was hassled by Lowriver a couple years ago. "Let's fight, let's fight" Lowriver continuously taunted. Then one day at the races, somebody pointed him out to our friend. He approached and introduced himself then got right up in Gary’s face. Lowriver backed down so fast slobbering apologies our friend thought he might actually cry. He did NOT want to fight without his cop buddies there to back his play.
People that are truly tough have no need to spew the garbage he does in public forums, he is a different man face to face. Pretty decent guy face to face in fact.
That being said, as much junk as your husband talks, we would like to see him back up his mouth and face his fears. Most likely results will be a new friendship.
The difference between Kilrs smack talk and Lowriver2 is I've never seen anything Kilr has said that would be more then just smack talk, no real offense, mostly tongue in cheek. Kilr is one of the coolest guys in person I've met at the river. On the other hand based on the antagonistic approach some of Lowrivers post take I'd avoid him like the plague.
Chuck

framer1
08-07-2006, 07:48 AM
. It's all a money machine, and IMO, the public's safety is not the driving factor in DUI arrests..........MP
I've been saying that for years... It's all about money that's why they want to lower the limit to .05. It would bring the state in another billion or so in revenue. Nothing to do with safety. imho

Dave C
08-07-2006, 08:18 AM
WOW, thats hot ...... :crossx: excuse me for a few minutes while a I have a moment..... :rollside: :rollside: ;)

Dribble
08-07-2006, 10:12 AM
. It's all a money machine, and IMO, the public's safety is not the driving factor in DUI arrests..........MP
I've been saying that for years... It's all about money that's why they want to lower the limit to .05. It would bring the state in another billion or so in revenue. Nothing to do with safety. imho
I have to disagree. The young girl who sometimes bags my groceries was hit head-on (near my house) when she was 17 by someone who tested at .09. She's 23 now. It's hard for her to work all day because she only has one eye, no spleen, one kidney, all false teeth in the front and is missing part of her digestive system. Of course she can never have children. Oh, and she watched her 15 year old brother die on the stretcher next to her.
If you want, I can give you her email address and you can tell her about the money machine being the driving factor and not the public's safety.

HMF'er
08-07-2006, 10:59 AM
Is this a question? Yes, big difference. About $2500. difference, not to mention driving privledges suspended, attorney fees, etc etc. A DIP is usually just an overnighter in jail and "time served" at sentencing. But, the arresting officer will not gain the reputation associated with the DUI arrest. It's all a money machine, and IMO, the public's safety is not the driving factor in DUI arrests..........MP
No, not a question. A DUI could be someone who may appear OK, but is simply impaired enough to not be able to safely operate a motor vehicle. A DIP would be someone so intoxicated as to not be able to excercise proper judgment or care for their own safety. Yes the penalties differ, but that's because one involves the use of a motor vehicle which would generally inflict more serious injury if crashed. It may be a matter of bragging rights to some, but as long as they enforce it legally, who cares. Besides, there's lazy cops who would rather arrest a DIP since there's a lot less paperwork involved.

Howie Feltersnatch
08-07-2006, 11:01 AM
In my area we have had at least 3 cops killed in the last 5 years by drunk drivers. All the cops were either working an accident or a traffic stop. Drunks see the flashing lights and unconsciously steer in the direction they're looking. It's too late by the time they realize they're going to hit something.
I'm betting New York City has a low DWI rate as everybody takes cabs.

Mrs.Killer
08-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Mrs. Killer
Yeah, he may talk some shit. He's to mature to go around threatening people with physical violence because you don't agree with him. And your third post about the limp dick was real cute.

Acommanderguy
08-07-2006, 02:34 PM
mrs killer is on fire!

djunkie
08-07-2006, 02:37 PM
mrs killer is on fire!
Kiss ass. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! :crossx: :crossx:

framer1
08-07-2006, 02:42 PM
I have to disagree. The young girl who sometimes bags my groceries was hit head-on (near my house) when she was 17 by someone who tested at .09. She's 23 now. It's hard for her to work all day because she only has one eye, no spleen, one kidney, all false teeth in the front and is missing part of her digestive system. Of course she can never have children. Oh, and she watched her 15 year old brother die on the stretcher next to her.
If you want, I can give you her email address and you can tell her about the money machine being the driving factor and not the public's safety.
What you said is sad and i'm sure it happens to often but the point i'm trying to get across is I think LE spent a disproportionate amount of time on DUI's enforcement. I think the meth. problem is much worse than the drinking problem. Another point about public safety is smoking, if it's so bad why don't they make it against the law...Because to much money involved. I'm not the best writer but I just want to say i'm not for drinking and driving at any time.... Just saying alot of the enforcement is money driven.

chub
08-07-2006, 03:15 PM
mrs killer is on fire!
YEP! She's smokin HOT!!

RiverDave
08-07-2006, 03:38 PM
When I was a kid one of my best friends and neighbor was hit by a car.. He was riding his bike and a car came down the street going 35'ish mph. My friend got twisted up pretty bad to say the least. After he got out of the hospital, his parents reacted very weird to the situation. They wouldn't let any of us see him, becuase he was disfigured, and eventually they moved away. I never was sure whatever became of him.
The Drivers BAC was .00.. My point, sometimes accidents happen. Sometimes they are unavoidable, sometimes becuase of lack of attention, sometimes a mistake is made, and sometimes people are drunk etc..
The point being, just because the outcome of the accident was horrific shouldn't mean that you throw common sense out the window. The outcome of any several thousand pound object coming in contact with anything else at high rates of speed is going to be horrific.. Disregard the damages and focus on what "REALLY" caused it to happen.
RD

LOWRIVER2
08-07-2006, 04:53 PM
WTP,
You are a complete LIAR, or you have me totally mixed up.
The guy I challenged has a name that starts with "K". I was at Ming, Scarlata told me he was there and I told Tony to send him on over and let's get busy. Scarlata said that the guy wanted NO part of me and just wanted to let it die down.
Talk to TONY SCARLATA /JETBOAT GURU on here, to confirm this, it happened in 02
If you got me mixed up, fine, if not, let's get this started, I NEVER back down to something I offer up and NO ONE came up to me at that race I DID not know.

UpRiver
08-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I have looked at most of Kilrs posts, hoping to see another picture of MrsKilr or some other hot chick. He does talk alot of shiat but if you can't tell he is just BS'ing then you need to get a life. His posts are usually entertaining because you never know what he will spew next.
Ps. Keep the picture posts comming and keep talking smack!!!

Acommanderguy
08-07-2006, 05:00 PM
LowRiver dude whats up man? I am being serious here, why do you want to get busy with everyone? I am curious as to what prevoked you to be so agressive over something that doesn't seem to be a big deal. I mean seriously. I am trying to understand. If Kilr or anyone on this board did something to you that was life threatening then fine have at it. But it just seems that everyone is having a good time, and you might be taking some of it the wrong way. Thats just my point of view. I am sure your a cool dude or what night, but why all the aggression?

LOWRIVER2
08-07-2006, 05:07 PM
PM coming commanderguy, leaving this thread for original subject unless someone starts up some lies, then I have to post a response here.

Moneypitt
08-07-2006, 05:11 PM
How does that tragic story change the idea that it is a money machine that drives the DUI enforcment tactics? Why not park in the bar parking lot, in the open, and breath test customers BEFORE they get in their cars. Over the limit, call them a cab. Under the limit, "have a nice night". Why? Because the money machine would grind to a halt. The revenue attached to DUIs is astounding. If pubic safety was the issue, and not money, then why not test them before the public safety is put at risk. Stealthly following drivers out of a bar parking lot is not the way to protect the public. Stopping them before that, is. Then how do you make them pay? And remember, sober people still kill more people on our highways and byways than impaired drivers do!.....MP

hotsand65
08-07-2006, 05:16 PM
WTP,
You are a complete LIAR, or you have me totally mixed up.
The guy I challenged has a name that starts with "K". I was at Ming, Scarlata told me he was there and I told Tony to send him on over and let's get busy. Scarlata said that the guy wanted NO part of me and just wanted to let it die down.
Talk to TONY SCARLATA /JETBOAT GURU on here, to confirm this, it happened in 02
If you got me mixed up, fine, if not, let's get this started, I NEVER back down to something I offer up and NO ONE came up to me at that race I DID not know.
If your such a bad ass, why send someone to get him, walk up to him yourself

framer1
08-07-2006, 05:19 PM
How does that tragic story change the idea that it is a money machine that drives the DUI enforcment tactics? Why not park in the bar parking lot, in the open, and breath test customers BEFORE they get in their cars. Over the limit, call them a cab. Under the limit, "have a nice night". Why? Because the money machine would grind to a halt. The revenue attached to DUIs is astounding. If pubic safety was the issue, and not money, then why not test them before the public safety is put at risk. Stealthly following drivers out of a bar parking lot is not the way to protect the public. Stopping them before that, is. Then how do you make them pay? And remember, sober people still kill more people on our highways and byways than impaired drivers do!.....MP
Pretty sure people eating and sleeping while driving cause more accidents than drunk drivers. That is true why don't cops, if there, stop people from getting into their cars....Great question :argue:

LOWRIVER2
08-07-2006, 05:29 PM
I was helping with my friend's boat and I had posted to the guy to come on over anytime to back up his mouth prior to the race.
JBG told me the info. / if a guy backs down, that's it for me. I would be an ass to go after someone that tells me in person or through a mutual contact that they don't want it.
If this is the same person WTP is posting about, he sure did not introduce himself or did not say who he was/ the rest is pure B.S. With 16 posts, I'm taking this WTP post pretty lightly.

Jesster
08-07-2006, 06:58 PM
I was helping with my friend's boat and I had posted to the guy to come on over anytime to back up his mouth prior to the race.
JBG told me the info. / if a guy backs down, that's it for me. I would be an ass to go after someone that tells me in person or through a mutual contact that they don't want it.
If this is the same person WTP is posting about, he sure did not introduce himself or did not say who he was/ the rest is pure B.S. With 16 posts, I'm taking this WTP post pretty lightly.
Its all a vast right wing conspiracy. Don't believe me, ask WTP he seems to be the conspiracy expert. :p

Dribble
08-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Well to answer your question. Doesn't seem to you that the cost to arrest, prosecute , jail, probate, and keep records on a DUI offender exceed the $1,500.00 - $2,500.00 they collect in fines? If it were a business it would lose millions every year. Also, since law enforcement routinely sets up sobriety checkpoints (around here anyway) why do they first contact the media and let them know when (and appoximately where) they are going to be?
Answer: Because they don't want people drving drunk.
It's not the job of the police to test people and then give them a pass like it's a ride at Disneyland. They don't check to make sure I have money before I go into the store, to stop me from stealing. I already had a set of parents. I'm an adult, I'll make my own decisions and live with my own consequenses and so should everyone else.
In my 50 years on this planet, I have probably not learned as much as I should have, but one thing I have figured out is this. If I don't want to get arrested for driving drunk then the best thing to do is to NOT DRIVE DRUNK. Seems like a no brainer to me.

ratso
08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I bet your favorite song is "BAD" by Michael Jackson... and about as unbelievable... lmao... ;)

UpRiver
08-07-2006, 07:09 PM
This is the truth. It's all about numbers and cash flow. It is big business, like it or not.

Moneypitt
08-07-2006, 07:59 PM
Quote: Answer: Because they don't want people drving drunk.
Then why wait for them to get in and drive away? If the DUI bust is a money losing situation then there again is ammo for the test first and call a cab method of enforcement. Imagine a cop saying, "well, you're over the legal limit, but I'm just going to send you home in a cab because we caught you before you got in your car".......The public was never at risk, period....
Quote: It's not the job of the police to test people and then give them a pass like it's a ride at Disneyland.
Oh, but in the public safety aspect, this is exactly what they should do. How many high speed pursuits are the result of the cops following someone out of a bar parking lot? Prevention, or punishment is what this is all about. They don't want to prevent DUI, they want to catch and punish DUI. This is where the problem lies, and always will until prevention takes a front seat to punishment..........MP

Boatcop
08-07-2006, 08:03 PM
This is the truth. It's all about numbers and cash flow. It is big business, like it or not.
And the people making the most money off of the poor drunk driver is NOT the Government (State, City, County, or whatever).
It's the defense attorneys who charge $10,000 so you don't have to pay the $1,500 fine.
They say they're looking out for your "rights". But the only "right" they're interested in your right hand as it reaches for the wallet or signs the check.
In over 30 years in Law Enforcement, in one form or another, I've never had anyone say to me: "We need to balance the budget. Go arrest more drunk drivers."
My unit costs the State of Arizona and/or the County nearly $500,000 a year in salaries, operational costs, (fuel, oil) maintenance, etc. In order to recoup that we'd have to arrest (and convict) over 300 OUIs a year. And that's just to break even. Currently we average around 50-60. That means a net loss of around $410,000 each and every year.
If it's a business, we're seriously in the Red.

Riomouse911
08-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Hmmm let's delve into the logic from the earlier posts.... the standard local Police Dept. eats up about 40 to 50 percent of the average City's budget, the Fire Dept. 20 to 30 percent. Parks and rec..about 5%, City staffing 10% "rainy day" savings (hopefully) 2%.. that leaves a lot of Cities with maybe 3% left over for incidentals lawsuits etc... My local City's budget is 23 million annually... so..let's do the math.. PD costs +/- about 11.5 mil.. divided by 2,500.00 in DUI revenue from fines.. taking out the County's cut and the States cut of the fines leaves about 500 bucks going to the City... The City PD will have to arrest about 23,000 DUI drivers to make ends meet this fiscal year... thats 63 DUI's a day.. every day... in a town of 90,000 people (YIKES! this means every person in town arrested for DUI every 4 years or so) YUP, I think it can be done!
NOW, if we can get the Fire Dept. to transport 11,500 people a year in the ambulance.. at 1000 bucks a pop...now THERE's a moneymaker!...