PDA

View Full Version : Flat bottom v drives

V-Kid
01-04-2002, 11:08 PM
Hi guys im a new kid in game,green as hell im excellent machanicly and good listener. Have been reading ***boat and this forum a little over a year awesome stuff.I live in the great white north but we still get 3 mnths boating weather . I bought a 66 16ft rayson with a 400 pontiac, caselle and nicson gear . My son and I have made this our resto project, some of it is common sense but a lot of its chinese .From reading this forum I have noticed a lot of combined knowledge and info from the vets and would really appreciate your time to help us learn about and finish our resto
Thanks

spectras only
01-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Welcome to the board V-Kid.Rayson is rare here in the G.W.N ,you'll have more response from cali on the boat,however if you need advice or casale parts/v-drive gear ,call Dave at california marine in Richmond B.C eh!Nicson is out of business for a long time but there are still some used parts available.Glenwood is a good source for V-drive gear.Post some before and after picture of your project.My son is only 12 <but I'm looking forward ,when he'll show interest to do a project together.

Stab-n-Steer
01-05-2002, 07:08 AM
V-Kid,
I am restoring a '58 Biesemeyer with my son who's 16... The boat belonged to my dad. Dad and I restored it once in the early 80's, so it's become a family tradition I guess. I've been posting here since October and have recieved a ton of help and advice as well as making some new friends. I think you will find this a friendly place to hang out. My boat has a lot of Nicson gear on it as well. There is an amazing amount of old stuff still out there at swap meets and through some of the news letters, etc. Your location is not great for swap meets I imagine. You might consider joining the Classic V-Drive Club. They have a parts classified every month. Go to www.v-driveboats.com (http://www.v-driveboats.com) for info. As Spectra's said, Glenwood has a complete line of v-drive hardware. Call them at 323-757-3141 for a catalog.
Good luck on your project!
S&S
[This message has been edited by Stab-n-Steer (edited January 05, 2002).]

V-Kid
01-06-2002, 07:25 PM
TO SA and S&S : Thanks for Quick reply and tips This is awesome Im just stoked about this forum Weve sat on this for a year after hitting some road blocks but now I see we may be able to move forward and get her in the liquid this summer and maybe even hookup with some the guys at a meet. Ihave some pics of her before we started massaging the hull once i figure out how to post them i will Thanks, Kid