PDA

View Full Version : When is everyone Headed for CFW?

BigBoyToys
12-27-2002, 07:01 PM
Ok, thought I'd start a new thread so we can figure out who's going and when, so we all know who to look for and when to look for them.
We will be there Sunday morning. Myself, the Mrs, the Mrs mother, and 2 boys 10 & 13.
Look for the Big Brown Suburban,Motorhome,Orange boat with wing, and multi-colored CP tunnel.
The Suburban may be gone periodically as needed for quick runs into town for parts and supplies.
[ December 27, 2002, 07:03 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Mrs Big Boy Toys
12-27-2002, 07:31 PM
well I guess you know when I will be going...LOL

Sangerboy
12-27-2002, 07:35 PM
I should get there about 10 or 11 AM Tuesday. Look for a white F350 dually with shell towing a ratty looking bubbledeck on a nice trailer. If my brother makes it up with me you can't miss his boat-- a hot pink Daytona Sprint. Looking forward to meeting you fellow forum posters. Although my boat won't be able to do much to uphold socals honor at least I'll be there to have some fun!!! :D :D

BigBoyToys
12-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Sangerboy:
I should get there about 10 or 11 AM Tuesday. Look for a white F350 dually with shell towing a ratty looking bubbledeck on a nice trailer. If my brother makes it up with me you can't miss his boat-- a hot pink Daytona Sprint. Looking forward to meeting you fellow forum posters. Although my boat won't be able to do much to uphold socals honor at least I'll be there to have some fun!!! :D :D Fun is what it's all about. We'll see ya there.

Sangster
12-27-2002, 07:43 PM
Early Wednesday A.M. BBT's, Have the Coffee Hot.. :D

Mrs Big Boy Toys
12-27-2002, 07:46 PM
Well I guess that could be arranged..LOL :p
[ December 27, 2002, 07:47 PM: Message edited by: Mrs Big Boy Toys ]

BigBoyToys
12-27-2002, 07:51 PM
Sangster:
Early Wednesday A.M. BBT's, Have the Coffee Hot.. :D As close as you are and only comin' up for 1 day? And of course the coffee will be hot.
[ December 27, 2002, 07:51 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

Sangster
12-27-2002, 07:59 PM
Ya'Know, last year we decided to stay a couple days..So we ruffed it..At the Holiday Inn or somethin'....Had to drive all the ways to Marysville to even find a hotel..Hell I can drive to my daughters house in Sac for a lot less..... :confused:

Her454
12-27-2002, 08:01 PM
Myself, the teenage brat and possibly 2 friends if I can get them up that early...early morning NYD. Red/White Blazer, FLY-N-HI on the windshield.......No boat but lots of food this year....I'll be lookin for the bonfire and the BBTS motorhome.... wink

T-Bag
12-27-2002, 08:03 PM
Her454:
Myself, the teenage brat and possibly 2 friends if I can get them up that early...early morning NYD. Red/White Blazer, FLY-N-HI on the windshield.......No boat but lots of food this year....I'll be lookin for the bonfire and the BBTS motorhome.... wink Hey hot stuff want to party?????

BigBoyToys
12-27-2002, 08:04 PM
I hear ya...
That's why we got a motorhome recently. We were planning on getting one anyways for the 2003 racing season but didn't plan on getting one this soon. The thought of being out in a tent again at CFW sent chills through my body. So, when the right deal came along, we jumped on it. Got a great deal on the thing and we just couldn't pass it up.
I do know of a few folks that are planning on spending new Years Eve/Day in a tent.... Too dang cold for me!

BigBoyToys
12-27-2002, 08:07 PM
Her454:
Myself, the teenage brat and possibly 2 friends if I can get them up that early...early morning NYD. Red/White Blazer, FLY-N-HI on the windshield.......No boat but lots of food this year....I'll be lookin for the bonfire and the BBTS motorhome.... wink Gonna have the motorhome in a campsite...The Mrs gets cranky if shes up all night from the loud partying close by (uh oh...did I say that?) argue
[ December 27, 2002, 08:07 PM: Message edited by: BigBoyToys ]

T-Bag
12-27-2002, 08:10 PM
BigBoyToys:
Her454:
Myself, the teenage brat and possibly 2 friends if I can get them up that early...early morning NYD. Red/White Blazer, FLY-N-HI on the windshield.......No boat but lots of food this year....I'll be lookin for the bonfire and the BBTS motorhome.... wink Gonna have the motorhome in a campsite...The Mrs gets cranky if shes up all night from the loud partying close by (uh oh...did I say that?) argue Hope your not by spot 19 :D

Her454
12-27-2002, 08:11 PM
T-Bag:
Her454:
Myself, the teenage brat and possibly 2 friends if I can get them up that early...early morning NYD. Red/White Blazer, FLY-N-HI on the windshield.......No boat but lots of food this year....I'll be lookin for the bonfire and the BBTS motorhome.... wink Hey hot stuff want to party????? anything for you big guy. will you guys be at the Powers NYears eve?

BigBoyToys
12-27-2002, 08:17 PM
T-Bag:
BigBoyToys:
Her454:
Myself, the teenage brat and possibly 2 friends if I can get them up that early...early morning NYD. Red/White Blazer, FLY-N-HI on the windshield.......No boat but lots of food this year....I'll be lookin for the bonfire and the BBTS motorhome.... wink Gonna have the motorhome in a campsite...The Mrs gets cranky if shes up all night from the loud partying close by (uh oh...did I say that?) argue Hope your not by spot 19 :D Well, I reckon we can move over 1 or 2 spots. :rolleyes:
We might head out towards the point a little more this time, depending on the water level. Don't wanna pack all the fishin' gear down a muddy hill.

Nstigator74
12-27-2002, 10:13 PM
Me, my pops, and a couple of friends will be there early NYD. With a little luck I'll have my boat, but it's not lookin good right now.Frickin parts delays and rain. Oh yea, I'm flooded in right now :mad:

cal***boat
12-27-2002, 10:16 PM
Nstigator74:
Me, my pops, and a couple of friends will be there early NYD. With a little luck I'll have my boat, but it's not lookin good right now.Frickin parts delays and rain. Oh yea, I'm flooded in right now :mad: Did you ever sell your old sanger hydro ?

Nstigator74
12-28-2002, 07:43 AM
Sure did.

BigBoyToys
12-28-2002, 06:12 PM
Ok, here's the time....We will be at CFW between 10:00am and 11:00am Sunday. Had to spend the day today working on a boat and got a little bit of finishing up to do tomorrow morning, then we're outta here.

Her454
12-29-2002, 08:29 AM
Have a safe trip BBT's! :D

Sangster
12-29-2002, 08:57 AM
Think I might head on up & ck things out...to nice a day to be sittin' here..... :cool: :cool:

Hud
12-29-2002, 09:57 AM
Yep, we had the same idea! Be after lunch, check the water level and get out of the house.

Sangster
12-29-2002, 01:40 PM
I jest got back from CFW around 1:00 pm...Was beautiful here at home..As we got closer to CFW the Skies didn't look to good...Light rain at the lake..Seen "The BBT's" up there...They hadn't been there long...Like I say it was rainin' so we headed back..Looked like it was gonna' clear up around 2:00..There was quite a bit of water in the Cove...About like it was on Fathers Day..I pulled of the road a couple feet to take some pics & shake the lilly...Had to put it in 4 wheel drive to get back on the road..Real slimy, don't think Launching in the cove will work...But the water looked good out front..Very little debris..There's a "Very Large" pile of LOGS waitin' to be lit........ If you got awnings, better bring them.....will post pics later.... smile_sp smile_sp T-BAG.. The grass "is" very GREEN, in "Spot 19"... Should a been there.. smile_sp smile_sp
[ December 29, 2002, 01:43 PM: Message edited by: Sangster ]

Oldsquirt
12-29-2002, 04:34 PM
Well, sounds like I had the same idea about not sitting around at home. I'm guessing I was about an hour behind you Sangster. Needed to make sure I could find my way there. Didn't want to be getting lost NYD.
Chatted with BigBoyToys and MrsBBT for a while. He was expecting company to show up to help finish his nitrous install.
Took a few pics of the lake.
This is looking north from the launch ramp.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/Cfw1.JPG
This is looking across the cove from near the end of the campground.
http://free.***boat.net/ubb/Avatars/Forum_Graphic_Depot/CFWCove.JPG

infotraker
12-29-2002, 06:11 PM
Is the south launch good enough for launching with a motor home ? Dont really want to bring the truck also, some one let me know (or post on this thread. Thanks

Sangster
12-29-2002, 07:35 PM
The launch ramp is ok...It might be a little crowed at the ramp for a motor home though......

livin on the edge
12-29-2002, 07:39 PM
I must be missing something! I have been going to CFW NYD for the last 6 out of 7 years and there has been no camping in the cove. Gary shuts it off from camping. Probably cus the rookies would try to launch there. Every thing is happening at the ramp. The answer to the guy with the motorhome question is no!!! The ramp will be so crowded you will wait 20 to 30 min to launch and have to back 200+ feet to the water. If you want to run over 100 mph do it first thing in the moorning cus there will be 10 jets and 10 more 60 mph v-drives going every way you can think of. Any more questions just ask.

BK
12-29-2002, 07:41 PM
Im taking a motor home also but the inlaws will be there with a truck, it would be no problem for us to launch your boat for ya as im sure there will be others willing to do the same. See ya there.

BK
12-29-2002, 07:43 PM
Oh BTW, we'll be getting there tomarrow morning 11ish.

Sangster
12-29-2002, 07:44 PM
Whats up Steve, When are you going up..We'll be up early Wed.am...

livin on the edge
12-29-2002, 08:06 PM
Sangster:
Whats up Steve, When are you going up..We'll be up early Wed.am... NOT going to make it this year. That will be 6 out of 8, not good. Have a 28 by 32 garage addition happining as we speak, on the house and with all this rain getting the foundation in has been slow. We will be up in spring as always. GO get em sangster!!! [/LIST] :D :D :D

smalls
12-29-2002, 08:25 PM
If the weather even marginal we will be there on Tuesday afternoon......

Sangster
12-30-2002, 05:02 AM
smalls:
If the weather even marginal we will be there on Tuesday afternoon...... New weather update for Tuesday afternoon...."MARGINAL" :D :D :D

HCS
12-30-2002, 08:03 AM
Looks like there may be a break in the weather. If there is I should be there NYD with some buddys. I'll be lookin you guys up.
Me, wife, kid, freinds, food, beer. http://philtranfa.com/images/funny/smiles/thumbsup.gif

smalls
12-30-2002, 12:25 PM
Sangster:
smalls:
If the weather even marginal we will be there on Tuesday afternoon...... New weather update for Tuesday afternoon...."MARGINAL" :D :D :D See Ya therererererere

Morg
12-30-2002, 12:34 PM
Unless 80 is closed Morg will be there early NYD.
I'm guessing it will be happening at the ramp. or is everyone going to migrate over to the cove?
I've got 4wd but even with that it is probably way to slimmy to launch any where but the ramp.
Morg.

Hud
12-30-2002, 01:00 PM
Morg, my guess is the ramp side!

Morg
12-30-2002, 01:34 PM
Hud:
Morg, my guess is the ramp side! Cool,
BTW - I loved the AB last time we met up at CFW.
Morg.

Sangster
12-30-2002, 02:12 PM
Morg...Bring the awning..... :D

infotraker
12-30-2002, 02:25 PM
We need a volunteer or lowly paid person (everyone put in some dollars) to be in the water getting the boats on and off !!! Find someone who will work for food and we can yell directions to him from the dry part of the launch . Any volunteers ? See you tuesday.

Morg
12-30-2002, 02:58 PM
Sangster:
Morg...Bring the awning..... :D Already out & ready to go. :D :p :D
Morg.

Hud
12-30-2002, 03:08 PM
There are a couple of guys coming we me that have wader's too. Not the 1st rodeo.

GARBAGEMAN
12-30-2002, 05:11 PM
Just came back from cfw,its monday afternoon.Got a chance to see bbt's cp run Bad A$$.Water was a bit choppy and a little debris.I will be back in the morning to clear some of the debris out in front of the launch ramp were everybody will run.

Her454
12-30-2002, 05:40 PM
hey guys, just a reminder to everyone bringing tables.....please dont forget, i've got a full load and wont have but one, maybe 2 in our group...... eek!

Sangster
12-30-2002, 06:13 PM
Her454:
hey guys, just a reminder to everyone bringing tables.....please dont forget, i've got a full load and wont have but one, maybe 2 in our group...... eek! I will bring 1 or 2 Folding tables 8' long.. And also one of those large camp stoves is anything needs to be heated...And an Ice Chest full of Budweiser.....Will be there at around sun-up..Also bringing an extra large Coffee Pot..and paper cups...There should be plenty of coffee to go around..... :D