PDA

View Full Version : Power Tour 3...Labor Day Weekend..Blythe.

Cs19
08-06-2006, 08:30 PM
Time to get the word out. PT3 is on for Labor Day weekend at the Aha Quin,Water Wheel,Lost Lake area..Some of the resorts have camping, some have RV spots for your trailers too, or there are always rooms available in both Parker and Blythe.
PT3 will be the best stop of the tour guaranteed.

Cs19
08-06-2006, 08:42 PM
Looking forward to this rematch at PT3..Im planning on slaying the dragon.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409111.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409drag_1.bmp
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409grassy_lot.bmp

Cs19
08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/409heavy_hitters.bmp

RiverRacer
08-06-2006, 09:45 PM
We'll be a LL the week before Labor Day. I'd like to come back for the day to enjoy this, but as far as I know, Aha Quin is a private park. July 4th I drove the boat down there from LL twice and couldn't hear for a week afterwards, so that's out. Is there someplace close( a couple miles) where one can launch and park a truck/trailer for the day? No camping involved, just a place to park while one plays. Let me know if you know of something Chris. Thanks, RR

Cs19
08-06-2006, 09:50 PM
You can launch and hang at aha no problem, they dont mind if you launch and there is plenty of parking usually, even on big weekends.
I bought some ear plugs for mine, Im having the same problem..super loud

RiverRacer
08-06-2006, 10:10 PM
OK. Thnx, Chris. I'll keep watching the thread and try to figure out which day will be best to come out(Saturday or Sunday). Either will fit for me. C U there. RR

steelcomp
08-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm in for this one too. :D

RCB19
08-06-2006, 10:43 PM
What a killer weekend that was!!! Wounder if 06 will stack up?

djdtpr
08-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Time to get the word out. PT3 is on for Labor Day weekend at the Aha Quin,Water Wheel,Lost Lake area..Some of the resorts have camping, some have RV spots for your trailers too, or there are always rooms available in both Parker and Blythe.
These areas arent Blythe for god sake.Theres a dam there and its like 40 miles out of town.You should call it something like Parthe part Parker and part Blythe,or even better call it vidal since its closer.C-ya in Yuma. :rollside:

Dogballs
08-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I will be at both PT2 in Yuma & PT3 at Aha. :crossx:

Mike D.
08-07-2006, 06:41 PM
try twin palms its a mile down river from aha, believe they have camping and trailer sites available, If your interested i would call pretty quickly, sorry don`t have there # but some one on here does.
Aha does have a public day launch for now, bet it will be the same on labor day, but there is talk of charging to use ramp tring to keep a hand on who comes and goes. have had some problems with outsiders, theft, vandalism and not cleaning up after themselves.

robertm
08-07-2006, 06:48 PM
Ill be around the LL area for labor day.

Cs19
08-07-2006, 07:16 PM
So what evening should we hold the 1st annual "Labor Day PT3 World Finals"?
It will be held in front of Water Wheel resort, all the boats go in at 630 PM and wait near shore till they get called out,only 2 boats at a time, fastest boat goes home with the PT3 fastest mofo hat.. You can launch at Water Wheel Resort and the conditions are always good, plenty of shutdown area for any boat.
Lets do this.

pattymelt18
08-07-2006, 07:51 PM
cool didnt want to launch in front of aha, plus gives me time to burn the gas out of the tanks after driving all dayyy.

Cs19
08-07-2006, 08:44 PM
Pattymelt hopefully you can make it down for some qualifying, it should be a fun time.
CS

pattymelt18
08-07-2006, 09:51 PM
no for sure im stoked got some peeps at the water wheel so it just makes it that much better.sat or sun night?

DK18
08-08-2006, 05:42 PM
It will be held in front of Water Wheel resort, all the boats go in at 630 PM and wait near shore till they get called out,only 2 boats at a time, fastest boat goes home with the PT3 fastest mofo hat.. You can launch at Water Wheel Resort and the conditions are always good, plenty of shutdown area for any boat.
Lets do this.
Lets do this? taking my lines ah? JK
Lets run Waterwheel Sunday afternoon. We got that Giant..... CP regatta @ the sand bar just up from Aha Saturday Day.Most of us at Aha are kinda plan'n for Sunday up there. I'll be nice and hung over from the ROCK'n 80's Saturday night!

Mike D.
08-08-2006, 06:19 PM
Lets do this.
I think if everybody shows we are going to need more time than 2 hrs to run!! with just us at aha we run out of time. I know that at aha we shut down the lagoon and run into the lagoon, its very safe and we have people in boats in cases we have an accident, problem is we have been over run with river weed there. If there is no problems with weeds I`m sure that the aha boys will want to run in the lagoon. I do know that most of us at aha plan on bring our boats to the sand bar behind our other boats so we can run all day long, plus I heard something about horseshoe tournament. A few of us are going to try and put some boats on the west side of the sand bar so we can put all the hotrods together on one side of the sand bar. If you Guys coming need help finding a ramp & parking a few of us can clear it with the powes to be at aha(please only those who plan on partisipating). Talking to a few friends thinking about making shirts, 1st annual gullwing regatta / pt3 2006 lower river. Come on bill is not bring shirts.

DK18
08-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I think if everybody shows we are going to need more time than 2 hrs to run!! with just us at aha we run out of time. I know that at aha we shut down the lagoon and run into the lagoon, its very safe and we have people in boats in cases we have an accident, problem is we have been over run with river weed there. If there is no problems with weeds I`m sure that the aha boys will want to run in the lagoon. I do know that most of us at aha plan on bring our boats to the sand bar behind our other boats so we can run all day long, plus I heard something about horseshoe tournament. A few of us are going to try and put some boats on the west side of the sand bar so we can put all the hotrods together on one side of the sand bar. If you Guys coming need help finding a ramp & parking a few of us can clear it with the powes to be at aha(please only those who plan on partisipating). Talking to a few friends thinking about making shirts, 1st annual gullwing regatta / pt3 2006 lower river. Come on bill is not bring shirts.
Hey Mikee.....! Will you drive my Placecraft up on Sat so we can have some tunes....?!!!! LOL

Mike D.
08-08-2006, 06:48 PM
:crossx: Hey Mikee.....! Will you drive my Placecraft up on Sat so we can have some tunes....?!!!! LOL
DON~T HAVE A BIG ENOUGH OAR sorry good buddy can`t drive wake board boat , pontoon boat and cp. with no motor i guess i can tow it for you. Better bring a generator to charge batteries on that thing, I`ll look like a big fing train :crossx:

Cs19
08-08-2006, 09:04 PM
Ill be at the Aha sand bar for sure but you guys gotta make the water wheel deal, there will be some hardware there so bring your fastest boats in your camp... aernt you tired of racing the same guys over and over? :) we can start earlier, no problem.
im not a fan of racing in that cove but I would do if I had to..
lets do this :) :)

lil man wayne
08-09-2006, 08:36 PM
Will you guys really race or just sit around someones jet(i mean suck,blow and watch me go slow boat)talking how much my motor made on a loaded dyno? :cry: :argue:
I might have to make the long drive to this aha place and bring out my wooden canoe with the high hp troll motor on it. :rollside:

Cs19
08-09-2006, 08:39 PM
I think you should wayne, bring you boat and show us whats up, it better be a stout piece cause I hear there will be some fast boats, both flats and jets. See you there big shot.

Cs19
08-09-2006, 08:44 PM
I heard through the grapevine that DK18 wants a piece of the black and white daytona.... :) Little rematch from Labor Day 05'..Looking forward to it. :) I hope he swapped some pullies on that supercharger cause the 418 certainly stepped it up since last time we raced. :crossx:

FreeRide
08-09-2006, 08:53 PM
I'd like to attend just to spectate, and experience the river. I have had my boat for 4 years, just haven't made it to the river yet. Anyone care to post some simple directions from the phx area. I will in no means be able to race, as my 58 mph boat is just a project in the works, but I'd love to watch some fast boats, might make a day trip to check it out on sunday. However if there is a horse shoe tourney, sign me up! :crossx:

Cs19
08-09-2006, 08:58 PM
10 west to intake blvd. get off and go rt...take 95 north about 15-30 miles depending on what camp your headed to. Not too far from Phoenix.

Mike D.
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
[QUOTE=cs19]I heard through the grapevine that DK18 wants a piece of the black and white daytona.... :) Little rematch from Labor Day 05'..Looking forward to it. :) I hope he swapped some pullies on that supercharger cause the 418 certainly stepped it up since last time we raced. :crossx:[/QUOTE
I bet something happens this weekend, lots of last minute changes going on at Aha. I bet we are not the only camp trying to get a little edge. Heard that nos was having an all time record month, can`t figure out why.

FreeRide
08-09-2006, 09:02 PM
thanks cs19. I am gonna try and make it. Would be super fun just to watch the racing. Let alone, first river experience. Heard its awesome.

Cs19
08-09-2006, 09:20 PM
[QUOTE=cs19]I heard through the grapevine that DK18 wants a piece of the black and white daytona.... :) Little rematch from Labor Day 05'..Looking forward to it. :) I hope he swapped some pullies on that supercharger cause the 418 certainly stepped it up since last time we raced. :crossx:[/QUOTE
Heard that nos was having an all time record month, can`t figure out why.
LMAO on the nos comment..I bet there will be an all time record month on replacement pistons after Labor Day considering how much nitrous will be injested...
The GS/AHA camp will be tough to beat but Team MPD is bringing our A game.. Im So fired up for Labor Day, cant wait. :)

sofa king smooth
08-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Ready! :)

DK18
08-09-2006, 10:57 PM
[QUOTE=cs19]LMAO on the nos comment..I bet there will be an all time record month on replacement pistons after Labor Day considering how much nitrous will be injested...
The GS/AHA camp will be tough to beat but Team MPD is bringing our A game.. Im So fired up for Labor Day, cant wait. :)[/QUOTE
We've got The AHAGS!
vs The MP..D's
vs The LOST LAKERS!
Funny sh$t!
CS.. Look'n forward to race'n new people like you said.. havent touched my boat since we raced last, but if we start even I should hang for a little while at least up to 102-103 then you should pull real hard from me... either way I love this shit!!!!!!!

Cs19
08-10-2006, 07:34 AM
Dont forget the 6th st. mafia, they are on the sign up sheet as well. Definatly looking forward to this deal, should be a sick weekend.
Is Scotten Coming?

Nucking futs
08-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Where is water wheel? Im going to trailer down from BR so If I launch at aha is that close enough to Water wheel to watch the showdown?

pattymelt18
08-10-2006, 08:23 AM
Is Scotten Coming?[/QUOTE]
He said he was the last time i talked to him.

DK18
08-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Dont forget the 6th st. mafia, they are on the sign up sheet as well. Definatly looking forward to this deal, should be a sick weekend.
Is Scotten Coming?
Mike D just spoke to Bill and he will be coming.
CS just want to make sure we are all on the same page.
Were going to run Sunday at Mike H's place (waterwheel) on Sunday right.

DK18
08-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Is Scotten Coming?
Mike D just spoke to Bill and he will be coming.
CS just want to make sure we are all on the same page.
Were going to run Sunday at Mike H's place (waterwheel) on Sunday right?

Mike D.
08-10-2006, 05:08 PM
[QUOTE=DK18]Mike D just spoke to Bill and he will be coming.
Bill said he would be around, never said that this was his deal made it very clear that he is low profile. :)
You know he`s getting soft in his old age. I bet he surprises us all with great cheer, He`s buying kegs of beer and catering food. You can always hope
Just messing around, Come on Bill :crossx:

Cs19
08-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Well hopefully Bill shows up.
DK,yes in front if Mike H's house is a great place to make fast passes but there isnt enough room for all the trucks and trailers at Mike H's house.. So we will havta use the ramp at WW.
Mike H, are there any other launch ramps in that area to launch other than WW where we could park a dozen or so trucks during the waterwheel showdown?

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
08-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Chris, there used to be a ramp just south of the strip next to the alfalfa fields but I have no idea if it is usable anymore. I have a full crew and space is already @ a premium. Im sure we will figure something out when we get there.

Dogballs
08-11-2006, 07:19 AM
Were will everyone be SAt. I will be rollin in and sleeping in hotel Chevy and would like to be right in the middle of the action.

Mike D.
08-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Were will everyone be SAt. I will be rollin in and sleeping in hotel Chevy and would like to be right in the middle of the action.
Get a hold of Stink finger he knows his way around that part of the river very well now. He knows a few people in aha that could really help.are you going to be hanging with him that weekend?

Dogballs
08-12-2006, 06:11 PM
Yah, I will be hangin with the finger and I gues Aha is the spot. He'll have to show me whats up.

Hiddenvalley-Kid
08-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Be aware! As of Wed. hwy 95 n from the "S" turns is closed except to local traffic due to bad thunderstorms. Check with Caltrans. Right now only public launch is at Twin Palms and LL. Camping and launch is also available at BR. Water levels are extremely low from 10am to about 4pm. Bottom of turn south of Water Wheel to Shaggy Tree very shallow. Anyone not familiar with this stretch of river, go with someone that knows. Everyone have fun but be safe. I am a local of 10 years.

DK18
08-12-2006, 09:45 PM
There is also a public ramp at Aha Quin. Aha Sand bar is just up river about 1-2 miles. The run from Aha to Waterwheel is about 10 minutes by boat. It does have one tight section but its not too bad if sober!

Mike D.
08-12-2006, 10:15 PM
Be aware! As of Wed. hwy 95 n from the "S" turns is closed except to local traffic due to bad thunderstorms. Check with Caltrans. Right now only public launch is at Twin Palms and LL. Camping and launch is also available at BR. Water levels are extremely low from 10am to about 4pm. Bottom of turn south of Water Wheel to Shaggy Tree very shallow. Anyone not familiar with this stretch of river, go with someone that knows. Everyone have fun but be safe. I am a local of 10 years.
I guess there will be lots of room on the sand bars. where is the s turns? wife and kids are onthere way now (aha)

Goodtime$
08-13-2006, 05:25 PM
CS- PM me if you guys need a ramp to launch from. My spot is just north of WW. We are also setting up a taco fiesta that weekend, all CPs and others welcome. Grass front parking in a private channel.

78CoLe
08-15-2006, 10:14 PM
how far down from br is waterwheel planning on attending pt3 not gonna make pt2 boat aint quik enough yet

Cs19
08-15-2006, 11:12 PM
You need to get to Aha quin for the CP regatta. Thats a bit of a pull from Big River but Ive done it before.30-40 minutes or so if your cruising. There is fuel at AHA, they have aviation too, if you need it.
Big River to Water Wheel is pretty simple, maybe 20-25 minutes.

78CoLe
08-15-2006, 11:38 PM
not trying to hi jack but cs maby you can lead me in the right derection for a small base plate nos system like only 100 150 shot is all