PDA

View Full Version : Hangover cures? Who really knows?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-07-2006, 10:52 AM
Why do hangovers happen?
What is the reason? Is it dehydration of the brain like everyone sais?
How do you prevent them?
What is the quickest way to get rid of them?
Dose caffine make them worse? Junk food?
Do those pills they sell work?
Is there certain alcohol that is worse than others?
The headache cures?????
I am asking for a friend :rollside:

RitcheyRch
08-07-2006, 10:54 AM
Dont drink....LMAO

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-07-2006, 10:55 AM
I have found nothing cures a hangover better than a big fattening greasy meal, lots of water and going back to sleep. :)
Hangovers are punishment for over-indulging! LOL :boxed:

ROZ
08-07-2006, 10:56 AM
A shower then a blowjob should do the trick!

RitcheyRch
08-07-2006, 11:00 AM
That will work for any illnesss.

Boat Loan Guy
What are you waking up with guys again.. :)

FREIND OF AA AND TA
I tried that this am and it did not work!!!!!
I mean my friend did.

blown dough
08-07-2006, 11:01 AM
Something that works for me is to have a big glass of water and two advil right before bed, then in the morning its not so bad. But also gatorade, it restores the electrolytes you lost and then for me i have to have something spicy.

BIGJOEDUCKSLAYER
08-07-2006, 11:01 AM
If you drink the night before 1 water to 2 cocktails all night long you should be good. I forgot to mention don't drink bottem shelve drinks, only top shelve and should be good next day. :crossx: :skull: :crossx:

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-07-2006, 11:07 AM
If you drink the night before 1 water to 2 cocktails all night long you should be good. I forgot to mention don't drink bottem shelve drinks, only top shelve and should be good next day. :crossx: :skull: :crossx:
Once my friend starts drinkin its really hard to force water in him. I will tell him to try that though :boxed:

blackcloud75
08-07-2006, 11:11 AM
IV fluid and oxygen!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nord
08-07-2006, 11:13 AM
Marijuana...................seriously............I 've heard.......
~NORD~

Tremor Girl
08-07-2006, 11:27 AM
Eat ginger Mike. Send Ann Marie to trader joes and tell her to get the candied ginger. It will settle your stomach in about 2 min. Won't help your headache much but that's what advil are for. :p
Eat about 3-4 pieces of it. It's unbelievable how fast it works. (If you can stand the taste) :D I love it but most people can't stand it.
Good luck, hope you feel better soon!

bruddah
08-07-2006, 11:29 AM
nothin like 1000cc through an 18ga. get about 80cc/min! instant rehydration! :)

H20 Toie
08-07-2006, 11:32 AM
A big greasy burger does wonders in the morning ( like Fatburger with egg) as does drinking a few glasses of water before you pass out.

Nord
08-07-2006, 11:37 AM
nothin like 1000cc through an 18ga. get about 80cc/min! instant rehydration! :)
Where do you go get that?

TRIMM MANN
08-07-2006, 12:04 PM
Hair of the dog works the best :crossx:

HavasuSelect
08-07-2006, 12:35 PM
What about those really bad hangovers where the smell of food makes you sick?

Her454
08-07-2006, 12:42 PM
What about those really bad hangovers where the smell of food makes you sick?
When I get to that point, Death is usually looking like relief. :cry:

GUGS102
08-07-2006, 12:43 PM
couple of advil/tylenol whatever and a bottle of pedelyte(sp) Nothing resotres your sugas, salt and electrolytes faster than that stuff.
I get really nasty migraines and the pedelyte helps keep my hydrated while drinking at the lake, bar etc. A bottle of that and a greasy breakfast or surger usually does the trick

Bense468
08-07-2006, 12:50 PM
For every drink pop a vicodin...that always seems to work. :crossx:

Dave C
08-07-2006, 12:54 PM
I avoid any sugar in my drinks and drink alot of water before the pass out.

phebus
08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROZ
I tried that this am and it did not work!!!!!
I mean my friend did.
Tell your "friend" to try it with a girl next time :D

centerhill condor
08-07-2006, 01:06 PM
panama red... and diet mixers.

Hardly Satisfied
08-07-2006, 01:14 PM
sounds good

Acommanderguy
08-07-2006, 01:15 PM
I always pop 2 advil before I go to sleep. Never wake up with the pounding headache. Although I still wake up with the "shakes"

2Driver
08-07-2006, 01:26 PM
Something that works for me is to have a big glass of water and two advil right before bed, then in the morning its not so bad. But also gatorade, it restores the electrolytes you lost and then for me i have to have something spicy.
Mix some Ibuprofen and large amounts of alcohol together???? Do your really hate your liver that much. :rolleyes:
However, you are on the right track. Multi vitamin giant glass of milk or Gatorade before nigh nigh. Next day, if its too late. Hydrate, vitamin, small and frequent meals, take it easy and wait it out. Tell yourself you'll never do that again until next time. :rollside:

Tom Slick
08-07-2006, 01:35 PM
You guys are all wrong. The best cure for a hang over is to start drinking again. 3-4 cold beers always does the trick! :220v: :rollside:
The only problem with this full proof cure is that those 3-4 cold beers usually lead to a whole bunch more, so it really just turns into a vicious cycle.

prosthogod
08-07-2006, 01:40 PM
We have a winner!
This is the only quick way to get rid of a hangover- doctor proven

BADBLOWN572
08-07-2006, 01:43 PM
I have always found that if you drink a bottle of Gatoraid before bed with on 1-2 excedrin I wake up just fine.
If you wake up in the am with a pounding headache, go to 7-11 and buy some emergen "C" packets. Mix them with water and pound them. Give it about 1/2 hour and your headache will be much better and stomach will be settled.

FMluvswater
08-07-2006, 02:55 PM
From AskMen.com (http://www.askmen.com/fashion/how_to/13_how_to.html)
Before going to bed after drinking ad nauseam , there are ways for you to prevent the symptoms of a hangover, besides not drinking in the first place.
quality h20
Drinking a lot of water before going to bed is an effective way of preventing the symptoms of dehydration experienced the morning after. Water before bed will also help wash out your system from the alcohol.
Drinking water between drinks is also a great way to prevent the ailing morning-after effects.
crunch and munch
To help avoid a hangover, try to eat or snack before or while drinking.
Now if these suggestions didn't work or if you didn't follow these tips, here's how to handle the morning-after hangover:
water
The symptoms you're feeling post-drinking are signs of dehydration caused by the alcohol. That's why you must rehydrate yourself by drinking a lot of water when you get up.
Rehydrating your body is the key to recovering from the hangover, and this cannot be stressed enough. You can even put some lemon in your water, it'll help soothe your stomach and will add vitamin C.
When drinking water, avoid water that is extremely cold or hot; drink water at room temperature.
coffee
Even though you're extremely tired and a cup of coffee seems like the best way to wake you up, try to stay away from it.
Caffeine will only dehydrate you more, and since it's also a diuretic, it will not help your stomach. Milk and other dairy products are also not a good idea; they may make you feel more queasy.
ginger ale
If you don't want to drink water, try a glass of flat ginger ale, which helps soothe your stomach.
juice
Juice is also a good idea; vitamin C will help give you the energy you'll need.
obey your thirst
Sports drinks such as Gatorade have been known to work for some people.
feels like honey
Have some tablespoons of plain honey, or add some honey to your water or cup of tea. It'll help soothe the dryness in your throat.
make a toast
After drinking to just about every toast that could be made the night before, some slices of plain toast could be a good idea - avoid putting jam or butter on them.
fruity fixes
Eating some fruit is also a good idea. It'll be refreshing and give you the vitamins and energy you'll need to replenish your body.
vitamins
If you're not having fruit or drinking juice, take vitamin C or another type of multivitamin.
pills
Have an over-the-counter painkiller such as aspirin or ibuprofen, to help ease the headache. Do Not have acetaminophen-based pills; these can be dangerous when mixed with the alcohol in your system. Take the pills in the morning, not before going to bed when the alcohol is still prominent in your system.
sleep
Either sleep in, or wake up and take any of the above-mentioned measures and go back to bed. This is assuming, of course, that you have the luxury of sleeping in for that particular day.
wash cloth
Another effective way to alleviate the pain is to lie in a dark room, with a cool compress on your head.
Remember that these are all ways to alleviate the symptoms usually associated with a hangover. If there seems to be a more serious problem as a result of alcohol consumption, go to a doctor.
These are things that have been known to help treat that dreaded feeling that comes after a night of drinking and partying. They all work differently for everyone, and you may discover your own method to help you overcome a hangover.
Enjoy the night, know your limits, and if you have one drink too many, you may want to try these quick remedies so that you don't end up staring at ceramic all day long.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-07-2006, 07:57 PM
From AskMen.com (http://www.askmen.com/fashion/how_to/13_how_to.html)
Pretty cool site.

TRUMP TIGHT
08-07-2006, 08:14 PM
The origanal term for hangover was that you were still drunk the next day but that has changed. Yes it is dehydration. Drink plenty of water before, during and after drinking and take vitimin b-12. If that doesnt work just take 2 shots in the morning and call me if the problem persist.;)

bruddah
08-07-2006, 08:20 PM
as said before for every few alcoholic beverages, drink a water. the reason you get hung over is cause for every alcohol molecule it bonds to two water molecules which pulls fluid from everywhere in your body which is why sometimes your joints hurt in the morning cause all that fluid has been taken out. just thought i would make myself sound intelligent! :)

TRUMP TIGHT
08-07-2006, 08:23 PM
as said before for every few alcoholic beverages, drink a water. the reason you get hung over is cause for every alcohol molecule it bonds to two water molecules which pulls fluid from everywhere in your body which is why sometimes your joints hurt in the morning cause all that fluid has been taken out. just thought i would make myself sound intelligent! :)
You must have learned that quick fact in class while you were on HB!:)

shueman
08-07-2006, 08:23 PM
24 hours....

Trailer Park Casanova
08-07-2006, 08:27 PM
Lot's of water while you drink.
No sugar mix's.
Never mix the grain with the grape, (like wine, then switch to beer or Jack)
Gin in itself gives the worst hangover bar none. Even a hard core alcoholic will get a hangover from Gin.
Bacardi probably the least likely, especially if mixed with a non sugar soda.
Then, for the cure if the above precautions fail;
1 percodin, 2 naproxen, a handfull of advill, more water, sleep.

bruddah
08-07-2006, 08:28 PM
thats right trump! knew all that time i spend here was good for something. when you plannin on going out again?

TRUMP TIGHT
08-07-2006, 08:32 PM
thats right trump! knew all that time i spend here was good for something. when you plannin on going out again?
My birthday is 9-25 and my pops is 9-26 so im gonna try and get something together for that weekend. Probly on Mo chopy or on the river by Laughlin. If i do you better be there!

bruddah
08-07-2006, 08:35 PM
alright keep me posted and hopefully i will have some time off and can make it out for a few days. definately would like too!

TRUMP TIGHT
08-07-2006, 08:38 PM
alright keep me posted and hopefully i will have some time off and can make it out for a few days. definately would like too!
Will do!

Cas
08-07-2006, 08:43 PM
rub Ben Gay, better yet, Tiger Balm all over your groin area. I heard it works very quickly for a hangover.

lalhc
08-07-2006, 09:14 PM
A BIG bowl of Menudo will do the trick Mike!

TRUMP TIGHT
08-07-2006, 09:20 PM
A BIG bowl of Menudo will do the trick Mike!
Ok, Lil Rob.:rolleyes:
No, thats what my girlfriends family does and it seems to work for them.

bignet
08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
Pop 2 Tylenol PMs and a big glass of water, b4 going to bed then have sex with your favorite person...Haven't had a hangover in 2 years! :rollside: But, if your favorite person isn't your wife, then you have some explaining to do.. :)
:crossx:
bignet

Danhercules
08-07-2006, 09:30 PM
A friend of mine did this. It was a girls weekend in Vegas, they are nurses. They gave themselves I V's before going to bed!!!!

bruddah
08-07-2006, 09:39 PM
A friend of mine did this. It was a girls weekend in Vegas, they are nurses. They gave themselves I V's before going to bed!!!!
also did it last trip over the 4th. worked like a charm just hurt a little having your drunk friends tryin to start the iv. but if you can feel it i guess that means you need another drink. was pretty funny walkin into the living room and having two friends passed out on the ground with iv bags hanging from the entertainment center!

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-08-2006, 07:01 AM
also did it last trip over the 4th. worked like a charm just hurt a little having your drunk friends tryin to start the iv. but if you can feel it i guess that means you need another drink. was pretty funny walkin into the living room and having two friends passed out on the ground with iv bags hanging from the entertainment center!
Thats just wrong!! Booze and needles just can't be good together!

TRUMP TIGHT
08-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Lmao!!!!!

2Driver
08-08-2006, 03:05 PM
Pop 2 Tylenol PMs and a big glass of water, b4 going to bed
bignet
Well documented that Tylenol or generic equivalent even with a small amount of booze can cause liver death or severe damage. No fuking joke. I thought this was common knowledge. It's a quick recipe for acute liver damage.
My Mom is at Johns Hopkins right now and in "end term" due to similar Liver issues. Trust me it's not the way to go.

CHEETAH24
08-08-2006, 03:12 PM
go to bed with the uglyist fatist girl you can find...in the am you will be more worried about what you did with her and forget all about your hangover..
(if that don't work go ahead with the water and asprin)