PDA

View Full Version : Skip Barber Racing school

cdog
08-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Has anyone here been? Did you enjoy it? Did you get your SCCA lic? What track did you go to?

Tom Slick
08-07-2006, 01:55 PM
I've never been to Skip, but have heard nothing but good things from lots of guys that have gone to the school and even progressed through their program. If you're just looking to go drive some cool race cars and/or looking for a thrill, I highly recommend attending one of Cory Kruseman's sprint car schools in Ventura. There's absolutely nothing like throwing a 650hp, 1200lb methanol burning sprinter sideways on dirt. Super good times! www.kruseman.com

cdog
08-07-2006, 02:02 PM
I've wanted to get my SCCA lic. since I was a kid racing karts. Got to do it before I turn 30..... I like how SB has their own series. You rent the car and can progress if your good enough.

Tom Slick
08-07-2006, 02:08 PM
I've wanted to get my SCCA lic. since I was a kid racing karts. Got to do it before I turn 30..... I like how SB has their own series. You rent the car and can progress if your good enough.
I would have to say that out of all of the schools here in the states, Skip is definetily the best, especially for progression into road racing. Good luck and have fun.

cdog
08-07-2006, 02:11 PM
I would have to say that out of all of the schools here in the states, Skip is definetily the best, especially for progression into road racing. Good luck and have fun.
Thanks, looks like it's gonna be Laguna Seca..

Tom Slick
08-07-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks, looks like it's gonna be Laguna Seca..
That's going to be rad...Laguna is bad ass! Been there a few times and driven it a million times on my video games, so it will be a blast for you to really drive it in an actual race car. Have fun! :D

margarita island
08-08-2006, 05:36 PM
went on a boys trip last year or the year before. Was a blast rode our Hd's up the coast to laguna for the four day class. Have a butt load of stories lived to tell.