PDA

View Full Version : Help Tuning a stereo in AZ

NautiTwins
08-07-2006, 02:15 PM
Paid some guy $65 to tune the stereo and all he did was play with head unit and adjust the treble and bass settings. Can you adjust the amps?

phebus
08-07-2006, 02:32 PM
If your in Havasu, take it over to Frank at Car Toyz.
He will adjust the crossovers on the amps, set your gains, and get you dialed in.

NautiTwins
08-07-2006, 02:34 PM
If your in Havasu, take it over to Frank at Car Toyz.
He will adjust the crossovers on the amps, set your gains, and get you dialed in.
That is what I thought I was paying for. I just about told him to get the hell out of the boat. But I am too nice for that. I'm in the PHX area, so someone local would be great.

Jyruiz
08-07-2006, 09:09 PM
I tuned my cousins boat stereo after we installed it and I set all the X-overs and gains on the amp because when you turn off the Perko switch, the deck looses all those settings. I also use a sound meter with and place it in the middle of the boat (some people prefer the driver seat) and adjust each pair of speakers accordingly. At full volume (I mean when you raise the volume on the deck) there should be no distortion out of any speaker. It is not hard to do and a sound meter only cost about $45.00 at Radio Shak.

BadKachina
08-08-2006, 06:21 AM
Bring it to me and I'll hook you up. If you aren't happy with it I won't charge you. My address and phone number is in my sig. line.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-08-2006, 02:26 PM
If you dont get it right let me know. I can come over and set it. I do all of my car audio/video in all of my stuff;) I will even let you sit in the denali with 8 10's :D You have to have an ear for music. I set all my stuff by ear. I play country,rock,hiphop,reggae,reggaeton and latin music when Im tunning! Thats how you get a broad coverage of your slopes;)

NautiTwins
08-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Thanks guys. I am going to play with the boat on Fri and I will let you how it goes. It does not sound that hard.

NautiTwins
08-09-2006, 07:36 AM
Bring it to me and I'll hook you up. If you aren't happy with it I won't charge you. My address and phone number is in my sig. line.
Where is Peoria? Seriously, I have not lived here that long.

yeehaw
08-09-2006, 11:41 AM
Peoria is just left of Phoenix :)
BADKACHINA knows his stuff. He just did my Fountain with JL/Alpine components, TV/DVD downstairs, inverter, etc. It Rocks!

NautiTwins
08-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Peoria is just left of Phoenix :)
BADKACHINA knows his stuff. He just did my Fountain with JL/Alpine components, TV/DVD downstairs, inverter, etc. It Rocks!
I like your directions. Turn left at the big cacti. LMAO. I looked on mapquest.

Cheap Thrills
08-12-2006, 09:41 AM
What's the point in setting anything when 90+% of you are going to drive it to this. http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1127scope-med.jpg :D:D
C.T. :wink:

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-23-2006, 11:02 AM
Did you get the system tuned??? If not let me know, I just finished 8 12's in my denali:D Talk about spl!!!!!!!!! If you havent let me know;)