PDA

View Full Version : Kite tubing

Tom Brown
08-07-2006, 04:32 PM
I wish it were illegal in Canada. That would enhance the enjoyment of it.
That shit is fun! :cool:
I just got in from the water where I was taking my 12 & 16 year old nephews on the kite tube. I went for a spin too. Uncle tom has to go a hell of a lot faster to get air borne because he's a major fat ass.
I've got a pretty big tube so I can get well up into the air at about 40 mph (I'm about 210). That's no faster than barefoot speeds. My newphews are much lighter and could fly at about 25 (he's about 95 lbs) and 20 mph (he's about 70 lbs). The tube is a Body Glove Air Ride.
Sure, I had blood pouring from my mouth and I've got a giant bruise on my hip but that's a small price to pay for that kind of fun. :cool:
I'll be heading back out in about 20 minutes. If you don't see me online tonight, you'll know it didn't go as well as I had hoped.

Jbb
08-07-2006, 04:35 PM
That kinda talk makes me glad I took out that huge policy on you Tom.....Go for the gusto .....dude.... :rollside:

Trailer Park Casanova
08-07-2006, 05:08 PM
That kinda talk makes me glad I took out that huge policy on you Tom.....Go for the gusto .....dude.... :rollside:
Yeah,, or I was thinking might be a future of applesauce, a bib and a spoon.

Acommanderguy
08-07-2006, 05:11 PM
for some reason I am getting this Visual of tom in his poka dot vest with a "KITE" duct taped to his back and a rope tied to his vest, while hooli and Kim Hanson are trying to get him to "fly" behind a 1967 P.O.S looking like a bunch of goofballs. Anyone else getting this visual yet?

Tom Brown
08-07-2006, 06:30 PM
:cool:
No polka dots, just a bunch of speedo wearing Canadians.
Kim can get the tube flying at 10 mph. :idea:

moneypit
08-07-2006, 08:46 PM
pictures tom. :idea: :idea:

Tom Brown
08-07-2006, 09:19 PM
None were taken. Perhaps tomorrow.
Gosh.... I wonder if I were to post some kite tube pics if anyone would be interested in photoshopping them. :idea:
:D :D :D

Partycattin
08-08-2006, 04:15 PM
I think we're starting to see the reasoning behind the kite tube recalls.

Tom Brown
08-08-2006, 04:22 PM
I think we're starting to see the reasoning behind the kite tube recalls.
Recall.... or conspiracy? I wonder. :idea:

Partycattin
08-08-2006, 04:24 PM
We just bought a 3 seater tube. Kids enjoyed it alot. I got on there a few times. Things bounces you all over and you get sprayed occasionally as you go over the wake. Pretty fun. Also, you sit on a inflated area so there is no enema to go along with the ride.

hoolign
08-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Recall.... or conspiracy? I wonder. :idea:
I can see the Michael Moore comentary now... the Canadians bounced ..like 40 KMH backwards after hitting the great wall of Mexico