PDA

View Full Version : Need YET more advice on boat repairs

IndyEuphoria
08-07-2006, 07:11 PM
I have read several threads on here about boat repair in Havasu, so I here to solicit some help. I have an '85 Carrera with a need for throttle cable and steering cable. My "friend" out in Havasu promised me for months to repair it, and I felt obligated since I have known him a while and he just moved out there. Long story short, after 3 months of waiting, I had it there, he spent 5 minutes adjusting the throttle cable and sent me on my way. Then, being a new captain, (divorce final this month), I launch for the first time on my own and there is no difference!! This is not a huge repair, but could really leave one stranded!!
I know there are a lot of people on here that argue about who is who to use, but can I get some suggestions for someone who can pick it up on work on it during the week? I plan to make the most out the rest of this summer with my girls...and refuse to have to rent a boat!
Thanks!

voodoomedman
08-08-2006, 07:50 AM
I have read several threads on here about boat repair in Havasu, so I here to solicit some help. I have an '85 Carrera with a need for throttle cable and steering cable. My "friend" out in Havasu promised me for months to repair it, and I felt obligated since I have known him a while and he just moved out there. Long story short, after 3 months of waiting, I had it there, he spent 5 minutes adjusting the throttle cable and sent me on my way. Then, being a new captain, (divorce final this month), I launch for the first time on my own and there is no difference!! This is not a huge repair, but could really leave one stranded!!
I know there are a lot of people on here that argue about who is who to use, but can I get some suggestions for someone who can pick it up on work on it during the week? I plan to make the most out the rest of this summer with my girls...and refuse to have to rent a boat!
Thanks!
Absolute. You won't be dissapointed.