PDA

View Full Version : AZ Regestration

KREGER
08-08-2006, 07:33 AM
My regestration for my boat expired in july 06. When I got my new tags in the mail, my experation date next year is in April. Has this ever happended to anyone else? Kinda strange :mad:

ChumpChange
08-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Mine was originally January and now it is August every year. The AZF&G is spreading the registrations renewals throughout the year. Most people buy the boats at the same time which puts a lot of stress on their department in the beginning months. This just helps thier work flow.

KREGER
08-08-2006, 07:43 AM
Mine was originally January and now it is August every year. The AZF&G is spreading the registrations renewals throughout the year. Most people buy the boats at the same time which puts a lot of stress on their department in the beginning months. This just helps thier work flow.
I am glad to help at their expense. I just bought a 9 month sticker.

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Do they notify you by mail? Mine is due in September and I have not received anything yet.

ChumpChange
08-08-2006, 07:49 AM
Do they notify you by mail? Mine is due in September and I have not received anything yet.
Yes, by mail. You should receive yours this week. Mine is due Aug 31st and I got it mid July so you should still be fine.

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Yes, by mail. You should receive yours this week. Mine is due Aug 31st and I got it mid July so you should still be fine.
Wondering if it will go to the Havi house or CA house, it is registered in AZ.

ChumpChange
08-08-2006, 07:52 AM
Wondering if it will go to the Havi house or CA house, it is registered in AZ.
Look at your current registration. It will go there.

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 07:56 AM
Look at your current registration. It will go there.
Havi house it is, hope it is there by Tuesday, don't know when I will be going back after that.

KREGER
08-08-2006, 07:57 AM
Chumpchange, did you go rom 1 year to 6 months the first time or was it 18 months...?

KREGER
08-08-2006, 07:58 AM
Havi house it is, hope it is there by Tuesday, don't know when I will be going back after that.
What part of LHC are you in? We are up North Palo Verde.

ChumpChange
08-08-2006, 07:59 AM
Chumpchange, did you go rom 1 year to 6 months the first time or was it 18 months...?
It went six months......I think.

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 08:00 AM
What part of LHC are you in? We are up North Palo Verde.
I almost purchased on that street. I am on Smoketree, a couple of streets past South Palo Verde.

KREGER
08-08-2006, 08:03 AM
I almost purchased on that street. I am on Smoketree, a couple of streets past South Palo Verde.Cool we will be out on the 17th. I am dropping my boat off at Cowboy Rv's for an extended Bimini. You are out this weekend? Have a great time. it was nice last weekend. :)

KREGER
08-08-2006, 08:04 AM
It went six months......I think.
Hopefully they do not put you back in Jan. next time around :mad:

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 08:07 AM
Cool we will be out on the 17th. I am dropping my boat off at Cowboy Rv's for an extended Bimini. You are out this weekend? Have a great time. it was nice last weekend. :)
Thanks, looking forward to this weekend.

phebus
08-08-2006, 08:17 AM
Just have NFS come by and get it, and pay it for you :D

Jyruiz
08-08-2006, 08:20 AM
Just have NFS come by and get it, and pay it for you :D
Lol, no, this time I am going to ask you to go by the house. :)

Boatcop
08-08-2006, 11:36 AM
The month that your registration expires is dependent on the last 2 numbers. That's so we have an easy way to tell if someone is running fake numbers or decals.
This is the 2nd time you've registered the boat in AZ, right?
When you first register the boat, it will be for 12 months, no matter what the numbers are.
The seond time, your registration will be adjusted to bring it in sync with the numbering formula. It could be for anywhere from 6 to 18 months.
The 3rd and subsequent registrations will be for the standard 12 months.

KREGER
08-08-2006, 04:59 PM
This is the 2nd time you've registered the boat in AZ, right?
Yes. Can I sign up for the 18 months? :)

Boatcop
08-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Yes. Can I sign up for the 18 months? :)
Sorry. You don't get to choose.
BTW, the registration fee is prorated, so it will be less for 6 months and more for 18 months.

KREGER
08-08-2006, 06:39 PM
boatcop. Is it possible to get the AZ residential rate since I have a house in LHC? Thanks

Boatcop
08-08-2006, 06:55 PM
boatcop. Is it possible to get the AZ residential rate since I have a house in LHC? Thanks
Sorry to have to keep saying sorry, but unfortunately, no.
To get the resident registration, you actually have to be a resident, as defined under the law. That pretty much means that you have to call Arizona your home. For employment, voting, driver's license, resident income tax, kids in school, etc.
Just owning property doesn't count. Although you do pay Arizona Property Taxes on the vacation home, property taxes don't go to pay for boating services. The Lake Improvements, ramps, cops (County), patrol boats, campgrounds, etc. are all funded through boat registrationfees and marine fuel taxes.
Arizona Game and Fish Department uses no State Taxes whatsoever. They are 100% funded through watercraft registration fees, hunting/fishing licenses, etc.
That way the non-boaters (or non-hunters or fisherman) don't have to pay for their services. Just as the non-boaters don't pay for County Boating Law Enforcement services. Those who use us, pay for us. Those who don't use us, don't pay for us.

25dic
08-08-2006, 07:06 PM
On the note of AZ boat registration, how do I go about registering my boat to AZ, and does it get rid of my CA property tax. If I have access to an AZ address does it change anything in the proccess or just keep my CA address? Thanx in advance.

KREGER
08-08-2006, 07:07 PM
OK it looks like I am moving. J/K.
Thanks for the info. :)

KREGER
08-08-2006, 07:10 PM
On the note of AZ boat registration, how do I go about registering my boat to AZ, and does it get rid of my CA property tax. If I have access to an AZ address does it change anything in the proccess or just keep my CA address? Thanx in advance.
I did it before I bought here. No more property tax CA. I kept it here to.
See here.
Arizona Game and Fish (http://www.gf.state.az.us/)