PDA

View Full Version : WTF.... A guy just hit my truck....

YeLLowBoaT
08-08-2006, 07:39 AM
Well thats the 4th time since the 1st of the year, my truck has been hit. It was parked on the street....Its not bad, just a fender. I swear it has a big ass magnet in it...It just pulls cars towards it.

RitcheyRch
08-08-2006, 07:56 AM
And can assume the rat bastard didnt leave any info?? :mad:

YeLLowBoaT
08-08-2006, 08:08 AM
No he actaully came to the door. It just trashed a fender. So I'll give him the chance to pay for it out of pocket... If he skrews around at all I will hit up his INS and notify the chp. I have unins so I am not worried. Still just makes you mad. I have never hit anything. I just wish it would stop happening to me... I really hope nobdy hits the car I just bought for my mom...02 ford tarus wagon, its loaded and only had 13k miles on it. Its super clean... shes going to wet her self when she sees it. :)

Dave C
08-08-2006, 08:20 AM
is it new?... I swear that new trucks have bulls-eyes painted on the side....

RitcheyRch
08-08-2006, 08:24 AM
Atleast he came to the door to admit it. Gotta give him credit for that. Can definitely understand the frustration with constantly being hit.
No he actaully came to the door. It just trashed a fender. So I'll give him the chance to pay for it out of pocket... If he skrews around at all I will hit up his INS and notify the chp. I have unins so I am not worried. Still just makes you mad. I have never hit anything. I just wish it would stop happening to me... I really hope nobdy hits the car I just bought for my mom...02 ford tarus wagon, its loaded and only had 13k miles on it. Its super clean... shes going to wet her self when she sees it. :)

YeLLowBoaT
08-08-2006, 08:24 AM
is it new?... I swear that new trucks have bulls-eyes painted on the side....
no its a 87 pos, Me keep being hit is one of the main reason I have not bought a new truck. If it was not my work truck I would so go buy a couple Quarts of paint and paint tragets on the spots that have not been hit.

Hardly Satisfied
08-08-2006, 08:58 AM
Well thats the 4th time since the 1st of the year, my truck has been hit. It was parked on the street....Its not bad, just a fender. I swear it has a big ass magnet in it...It just pulls cars towards it.
that sucks ,it was nice that the guy stopped . it's just a pain to keep having to take time out of your day to take it in and get repaired

HocusPocus
08-08-2006, 09:16 AM
i bought a new toyota 4x truck in 1985, i was rear ended three times in the first year and i had a old 70's station wagon back into me while i was in the drive thru lane at lucy's on pico and union. now that truck was a magnet.

Dave C
08-08-2006, 09:22 AM
damn 4 times on a used truck. you got bad luck. I agree don't buy a new one. You will wind up beating the person who hits it :rollside: :rollside:
too bad you can't find a beater vehicle and drive it around letting people plow into it and collect their insurance $$'s.... :rollside:
no its a 87 pos, Me keep being hit is one of the main reason I have not bought a new truck. If it was not my work truck I would so go buy a couple Quarts of paint and paint tragets on the spots that have not been hit.

DMOORE
08-08-2006, 10:03 AM
damn 4 times on a used truck. you got bad luck. I agree don't buy a new one. You will wind up beating the person who hits it :rollside: :rollside:
too bad you can't find a beater vehicle and drive it around letting people plow into it and collect their insurance $$'s.... :rollside:
No kidding, just park a POS out front and wait for people to smash it.
:)

YeLLowBoaT
08-08-2006, 10:14 AM
Actaully this truck has made me about 6k this year doing exactly that. Granted about 4 k of that was after I filed a lawsuit against USAA... they did want to pay and were over thier legal limit to cut a check. They really pisted me off. Long story.

topless
08-08-2006, 11:27 AM
Actaully this truck has made me about 6k this year doing exactly that. Granted about 4 k of that was after I filed a lawsuit against USAA... they did want to pay and were over thier legal limit to cut a check. They really pisted me off. Long story.Do tell.............. :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
08-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Ok...
dummt backed into me. Says its his fault, it was on video its his fault.
get home call his INS USAA... "we need to get in contact with our insured to verify this story" me "just so you know this will most likly be a total" " thats not up to you" They call back 3 days latter( monday) ok we are going to pay for it. we will call you latter in the week to set up a appointment at "our" body shop to get a est. "ok"
end of that week comes. I called them on the next monday morning. Leave a message. I call back wed try to leave a message and get stuck on a endless hold, I hung up after a hour. Same thing thrus, fri, sat and the fallowing monday. I still can't talk to any 1 . I finally get hold of a operator that is helpful, she transfers me to the head of no injury claims. No 1 picks up, so she directs me to the next avaible person in that department. She waits on hold with me all during that time saying how sorry she was. She transerfers me to the head of injury claims, who walks down a floor and looks for a adjuster to help me. 10 mins latter she comes back and says no 1 can help you at this point in time. She then explains to me what "should" happen.
I get transferd back to the helpful operator. " Can I speak with the head of the office", "no but I can get you her voice mail". " Ok." I leave a nasty message. 2 mins latter I get a call from the adjuster handling my claim... blah, blah, "we are running 2 weeks behind, blah, blah, we don't have enuff staff. blah blah" " the so in so came down and told me to call you right now"( the head of the office) I then talk to the head of the office for awhile and tell her whats on my mind( you know your staff sucks) They then send all of my "paper work" to thier body shop so they can write up a est. They call the next morning at about 7. I meet with them after work.
surprize, surprize. 2800 in damage, its a total. they guy at the body shop says USAA "total loss" will contact you with in a few days.
A week goes by and nothing. Now the voice message of the adjuster says she will be out of town for the next 3 weeks... Over the next few days I talk to 3 or 4 diff ppl her deptment. and fianlly the manger. who is the 1st person "could" help me. He says some bs about its handle by the main office in auston..."they should call you with in 72 hours"
2 more weeks go by. No call, I call every few days and get the same bs: "we can't help you, here is what is going to happen"
I made a complaint with the state ins bored and BBB
1 more week goes by. still nothing. I call and leave a messages for sevral diff ppl...
1 more week. I say "fook this" I revese look up thier address from thier phone number. I go there. the security graud says " we have a no face to face contact" ( that really ticked me off...) Can I give you a note to pass along. "NO" what about the curticy phone right next to the window, "no"( now I am really ticked)
"I want the name address and the phone # of the CEO on this company"
"I can't give out that info"
"your saying you can't give out public info... I want to talk to your boss"
he comes over I get the info...
"congraulations you are now being sued"
I had to drive to the nearest phone both to call them( cell was dead) I get a hold of the manger of claims tell her your now being sued, yadda yadda. She says:
" the body shop should have called you weeks ago for a "total vech evaluation".
"you know what that body shop has anohter location can I go to that one since they other does not seem to want to do thier job"
we get in a 3 way call with the owner of both body shops.... heads are going to role and bs.
I go strait to my lawyers office( she already knew what was going on...) she already had the papers filled out waiting for my sig... I love her, she is a pit bull in a 5'3" 90 lb frame.
I get home and have a message from the new body shop.
I talk with the guy doing the eval of the truck( nice guy)
At the end he ask " after having this exp with USAA would you ever use us as a body shop" " no" " I understand,,, yadda yadda, he then goes on to say that usaa is always way late in paying them..."
10 am the next morning my lawyer has USAA served.
I get home at about 2 : 30 I have 6 messages 1 from the orig usless adjuster, 2 from "total loss" in tx, 1 from legal here in sac and 2 from the legal in tx. They make a bs offer will pay claim today..."we're really sorry"( at this point I have a slam dunk of a lawsuit I can get 5k plus legal fees and they have no recorse.) I tell then no. I get anohter call at about 6 pm, with anohter bs offer. more, but not that great. I put them on hold and call my lawyer at home and ask her what her fews to date are.
I told them I want twice what the truck is wroth plus $500 for my time( I told them I bill out at $65/ hr and I have wasted more then 20 hours on this..) and you pay all my legal fees ( 2k ) they agree. I had my lawyer fax over her bill.
Its now about 8:30 there time. At 6 am the next morning I had a check made out for what I asked and 1 made out to my lawyer.
I could have waited and got more, but at that point I just wanted to be done with the all the sh*t.
I was not plaing on suing them 'til I went to thier office and no face to face and I could not even talk to them on the phone... yeah like I am going to do any thing when you have already seen my dl have me on atleast 4 diffrent cameras... Whats funny is while he was looking up the name of the adjuster on the computer, it had faces as well as names... I saw the pic of the adjuster. I thought for a moment I should wait for her in the parking lot so that I could talk to her... but commen sence kicked in saying "I don't want to go to jail"

Sherpa
08-08-2006, 12:51 PM
Man yellowboat, you've had a hell of a year.............. kudo's to you for not
taking their shit from the ins co.............
I too had a "dent-magnet" truck I drove for 3 years... paid 500 for a used D50
Mitsubishi truck previously used for landscaping..........
put 200 into it, used it for 3+ years, it got hit 3 times, I got a total of $1,650
for the 3 parking-lot hits, and sold the truck for $1,800 after those 3 years...
--Sherpa
did you ever get any info regarding your dump trailer-??? I keep looking for it
down in SJ.......... have only seen black or grey ones, no white ones (that are
close to being new)

YeLLowBoaT
08-08-2006, 12:56 PM
Nah, its gone. my INS already issued me a check. I am still debating rather I want to buy another one new or just buy a el cheapo.