PDA

View Full Version : old riggers new dock beater

old rigger
05-04-2002, 03:16 PM
went back and re-read Havasu Hangin's instructions on how to post a pic, so I'm gonna try it now.
imghttp://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/8/87/2/37188702mHaDMw_th.jpg/img

old rigger
05-04-2002, 03:19 PM
didn't even get a box with a ****in' X in it. I'll have to go back and try to figure out where I screwed up.....

rrrr
05-04-2002, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by old rigger:
went back and re-read Havasu Hangin's instructions on how to post a pic, so I'm gonna try it now.
Well, here's the red X, LMAO. You have to put brackets [] around img and /img. The site storing your photos won't allow access in this manner, that's why the red X I think.
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/8/87/2/37188702mHaDMw_th.jpg
[This message has been edited by rrrr (edited May 04, 2002).]

old rigger
05-04-2002, 03:25 PM
rrrr,
is the only thing you did was put the img in these things? [ ]
How come the picture is the size of a lousy postage stamp?
thanks

rrrr
05-04-2002, 03:26 PM
It's the size the image was to begin with, 100 X 75 pixels. If the photo was something like 800 X 600 pixels it would show larger.
BTW, if it's any consolation, I can't get my pictures to post either. Some things are just not meant to be!
[This message has been edited by rrrr (edited May 04, 2002).]

superdave013
05-04-2002, 03:29 PM
So that's your wood decker. Looks nice from what I can see.
I have been having much better luck posting pics using Hot Boats media center.

old rigger
05-04-2002, 04:17 PM
superdave,
thanks, you must be looking at it with a magnifying glass, cause the pic is so small.
What do you mean the hb media center? Do you still have to post the pic somewhere else first and then go through HBM? I used 'webshots' like HH said to use, now I got a big ****in' image of a motocross guy as my background on my screen and I don't have the slightest idea how it got there. Well, I guess its better that the cats they had on their site.
There was a pic of the boat, but now there's just the box thing again. Shit, I hate these computers.
rrrr, you're right. Some things are not meant to be. I guess I should stick to things I know how to use, like hammers and crayons.
SD, I put it on the HB board. That was easy. In my computer it says the picture is 640X480, when it went to web shots it shrunk somehow. Now in HB it says its 120x90 until you click on the pic and it gets bigger, to 640X480. I'd try again to post it here but I think it would turn out small again, if at all. Makin' progress.....pissed away the last 2 hours too.........
[This message has been edited by old rigger (edited May 04, 2002).]

spectras only
05-04-2002, 06:27 PM
http://www3.telus.net/spectrasonly/Hot%20Boat%20Online%20Media%20Center%20%20V-Drives%20%20thumper_1.jpg Here you go Old Rigger

1quickjet
05-04-2002, 07:21 PM
Kick Ass!

Dans66Stevens
05-04-2002, 07:36 PM
You guys keep showing me these Wood Deckers and Im going have to find one!!!! They are so Sweet!!!

LOWRIVER2
05-04-2002, 09:20 PM
Dock beater my ass! Looks great O R! Fill us in on the equipment in that ride.

05-04-2002, 09:37 PM
OR, Two thumbs up!! Its beautiful.

V-Driver
05-05-2002, 01:41 AM
I like it!

pgf127rt
05-05-2002, 04:57 AM
Old Rigger that is one beautiful boat, and I like the yellow color with the wood, a ride to be proud of.

GofastRacer
05-05-2002, 05:25 AM
Man, that thing is almost too beutiful to put in the water... http://free.***boat.net/ubb/cool.gif

Backfire
05-05-2002, 09:24 AM
There's a 69 Stevens mahogany short deck for $2800 on a tandem trailer on AzDon's RECYCLER link www.v-driveboat.com (http://www.v-driveboat.com)

Costello
05-05-2002, 05:36 PM
That's a sweet old flatbottom Old Rigger.

old rigger
05-05-2002, 07:18 PM
thanks for the kind words guys,
The boat photographs much nicer than it is. It's pretty rough around the edges, but that's ok. The wood needs a little attention on the rear deck and on one of the gunnels.
Gonna pull the motor next week to put new gaskets on it, valve springs and paint the block and heads. No leaks in the engine now, just going to do a little preventive mantainence. At one point the boat sat in the garage for 13 years with no use. Kinda worrys me about the valve springs.
Motor is a '65 390 Ford that the guy bought out of a then new, wrecked T-bird. Stone stock with the exception of a interceptor manifold (thanks for the info 058) and a holley carb. The engines never been touched, still got the original starter on it. All Edlebrock marine mounts and ex manifolds.
Old Hall Craft V-drive that is supposed to have 10s or 12s in it. I checked VD Toms site and was glad to see he has parts for it.
Fixed Plates.
The guy I bought it from was the original owner, still had the paper work from Buck Smith and Vance trailers. His kid painted the boat a few years ago and added some graphics on the sides of it that really don't go with the boat. Already sanded them off on one side and will the other next week. He put pink, purple and blue stripes down the thing, I'm color blind and thought they were all different shades of gray. My
son went with me to pick it up and on the way home he looked at me and said " I can't believe you bought a boat with pink and purple on it". I about crapped, he was crackin up. He knows just how bad my color blindness is, he and his sisters are always trying to trick me into wearing some color I can't see. I'm going to paint the stripe either white or black to get us through the summer. The yellow is nothing to get excited about either. Looks like it was painted in a wind storm, bugs, hair, who knows what else got in the way while he was blowing paint on. Going to block it, and buff it, should look fine from 50 or 60 feet away.
Gonna rewire while the engine is out too. It's lasted this long, but with no fuses or breakers, it needs a new loom anyway.
Spectra onlys, thanks for putting the pic up for me.

spectras only
05-05-2002, 07:43 PM
OR, no problemo,just shoot me an e-mail ,when you want other pics up.It's NOMB,but that stripe off the middle ,was it always there? If there's wood underneath it,wouldn't you reexpose it? Just curious http://free.***boat.net/ubb/wink.gif

old rigger
05-05-2002, 07:59 PM
SO,
good question. I would rather not have that stripe, even though it is right for the period, mid 60's. And no, it always wasnt there but I'm afraid that it might be darker wood under that stripe compared to the rest of it, now that it's been covered for a few years. Next winter, I'll take it off and see what's there. I can always put it back. By the way , the boat's alwaws been yellow too.
The side stripe was black when new. He gave me some copies of pictures of the boat from back then, showing most of the detail. I don't like the way that stripe went either. I really like the stripe on that Stevens that ericinnv posted. Would like to do one like that.

Stab-n-Steer
05-06-2002, 06:43 AM
Old Rig,
Congratulations! Very cool! I am looking forward to seeing it at Tower Park later this summer...
BTW, I went to 058's house last week and he was kind enough to give me the grand tour. The dude really does have three complete v-drives! I am so jealous. He also has a bunch of early sixty Ford's in this big 'ol shop. If you need help with that Ford, 058 is your man.
S&S
[This message has been edited by Stab-n-Steer (edited May 06, 2002).]