PDA

View Full Version : Weekend Warrior Inverter install

caroftheweek
08-08-2006, 02:34 PM
who can install/help me install an inverter in my warrior? electricity and I
don't get along very well. i have a new 1500 watt Xantrex inverter sitting in
the garage. any help would be appreciated.
Ryan

CampbellCarl
08-08-2006, 02:52 PM
Ryan
I too have an inverter sitting in the garage for my HMC motie. Have done some checking on the web and a couple of things come to mind. 1) Does the WW come equipped with a three (3) way automatic power switching device i.e. the A/C, micro work on generator until you plug in the shore cord then it auto switches the supply from gen to shore and vice versa. Like me, you probably have just the two (2) way and you'll need to add a leg to the switch or replace the auto switch. 2) You'll have to select which circuits you want the inverter to provide power to i.e. the 1500 watts won't be enough to run the roof A/C so you'll need to find out which circuit breakers you'll feed from the inverter. 3) Make sure that you don't include the converter/charger in the above circuit selection as you'll end up looping the entire power conversion process i.e. 12v to 120v to 12v to 120v etc. 4)Try to locate the inverter as close as is safe to the batteries as there is tremendous voltage drop in the feeders from battery bank to inverter (and use oversized feeder wire size!)
Good luck!
Carl
ps Inverter been in garage for approx 18 months because of #1 above!

SoCalOffshore
08-08-2006, 02:56 PM
Thats why I had them put it in when I purchased my Full Throttle. Good luck.

caroftheweek
08-08-2006, 02:58 PM
that is a wonderful question campbellcarl. like i said electricity and i don't get along very well. so i have no idea. :confused: :confused:

CHEETAH24
08-08-2006, 03:01 PM
try going to this place in the toy hauler section, someone will be able to help you.http://www.rv.net/forum/

CampbellCarl
08-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Ryan
Send me a PM with cell #, maybe could come by Sat and look at your dealio if there were a few BL's in the fridge!
Carl

Hustler
08-08-2006, 03:12 PM
This link inverter install (http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision/index.php?showtopic=73959&hl=inverter) will give a good place to start and answer alot your questions. There is also a few guys there that will be glad to the work for you.

probablecause
08-08-2006, 07:38 PM
Here is how I installed mine in our Raptor. Not a Warrior, but the concept is the same. Inverter/Charger Installation (http://www.aflacracing.com/selfhelp/inverter/InverterInstallation.htm)

caroftheweek
08-09-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks for all the tips guys.
Campbellcarl-
i am taking the trailer to Warrior today to get some warranty work done so it will not be in my possession for the next couple weeks (or longer). maybe we can get together when i get it back. i will have an inverter for this season; one way or another.
the main reason i would like one is we have a little one on the way. being able to use the microwave for a short spurt in the middle of the night w/o firing up the gen would be golden. plus watching tv and such w/o running the gen is nice too :rollside: :rollside:
Ryan

CampbellCarl
08-09-2006, 07:35 AM
Ryan
Take the inverter with you and have the factory install it! Might cost you a few $$$ but you'll know it was done right!
Not trying to get out of helping you, (if the BL's are in the fridge) just think you'll end up with a better/original install.
Carl

Havasu Luvr
08-09-2006, 08:24 AM
Hmmm? will a 1500w inverter power a microwave? I thought it was amp x voltage = wattage (something like that). Look at the surge amps on the microwave. I have a 3500w inverter in my boat for the microwave, refer and blender, also only using the microwave the 3500w does NOT supply full voltage and the microwave does not run at full potential.. but it IS better then a generator (cheaper/quiter route). Good luck

caroftheweek
08-09-2006, 08:28 AM
Hmmm? will a 1500w inverter power a microwave? I thought it was amp x voltage = wattage (something like that). Look at the surge amps on the microwave. I have a 3500w inverter in my boat for the microwave, refer and blender, also only using the microwave the 3500w does NOT supply full voltage and the microwave does not run at full potential.. but it IS better then a generator (cheaper/quiter route). Good luck
Good question. the inverter in question has a surge capacity of 3000 watts and a normal capacity of 1500. i will check that out before it goes in.
Ryan

probablecause
08-09-2006, 01:01 PM
..the main reason i would like one is we have a little one on the way. being able to use the microwave for a short spurt in the middle of the night w/o firing up the gen would be golden. plus watching tv and such w/o running the gen is nice too :rollside: :rollside:
Ryan
You better get six to eight 6 volt batteries and a 100 amp charger because you will suck you batteries "dead" if you run the microwave off of them.