PDA

View Full Version : Rex Jet Impeller Pullers

Rexone
08-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Regretably we've discovered a problem with the impeller pullers shipped probably over the past 6-8 month period. The part the puller screw threads into and is retained by a set screw apparently escaped the heat treat process. We've had 3 so far sent back with pulled threads.
Obviously we are going to fix and update any pullers that have the un-heat treated part. So if you've purchased an impeller puller since the first of the year please PM me and I will either send you a heat treated thread insert to replace yours or we can call tag the puller and replace it here if you prefer. This includes pullers sold by many of our dealers too, CP has sold a bunch of them as well as others.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
glad to see that you are willing to take care of a noticed problem;) Good job mike;)
remember its .025 and not .0025 :D :D

Rexone
08-08-2006, 04:44 PM
glad to see that you are willing to take care of a noticed problem;) Good job mike;)
remember its .025 and not .0025 :D :D
I hate it when we screw up and fortunately it doesn't happen often. But when it does as far as I'm concerned the only choice is to step up and handle it. It's a known problem and needs to be fixed. I only wish we'd have caught it sooner. The folks that bought these didn't buy them to have them strip the threads out, they bought them to pull impellers, which they do remarkably well with heat treated parts.
I'm just hoping we can track most the customers that have purchased them. The ones that went through dealers will be tough though.
Remind me not to let you clearence my motor. :D