PDA

View Full Version : Need True Office Advise

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 04:28 PM
This is a really hard subject to approach. I work in an office building where there is this girl that sits at her desk all day long and eats everything she gets her hands on. When you eat that much that means you use the restroom. HOW DO YOU LET SOMEONE KNOW THAT THEY NEED TO COURTESY FLUSH? Oh my gosh, it is bad. You walk in the restroom and turn around and run back out and try not to puke getting out of there.
The rest of us even need to give a heads up to others who were heading that way. It's like she is on a schedule or something. A for sure morning and afternoon setting. You literally have to see if she is sitting at her desk before an attempt to make a run for it to pee before she gets there.
Human Resourses cannot assist with this issue. It would be insubbordination if you said something to her. What do you do?
I know this isn't a very hardy discussion, but I really need to have some sincere advise at this point.
ps. I even thought about dropping this thread by her desk on the floor. OOPS! Did I drop do that???????????????????????

core attitude
08-08-2006, 04:32 PM
PM her number and I'll place a courtesy call for you.

Rexone
08-08-2006, 04:33 PM
PM her # to Tom Brown. This kind of situation is right up his alley. :)

hoolign
08-08-2006, 04:34 PM
Ok try this..write this on a comapany letterhead
" You fat stinking ass bitch..courtesy flush next time or we are all going to kick you in the guts until you shit yourself at your desk"
sincerely "We"
Should work! hope this helps!

RitcheyRch
08-08-2006, 04:36 PM
Post a sign in the bathroom.

Havasu Hangin'
08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Human Resourses cannot assist with this issue. It would be insubbordination if you said something to her. What do you do?
I may be a little rusty on my HR training, but I can't see where telling someone that they need to flush the toilet consitutes a "hostile work environment" (unless you put the poo on her desk as a hint). :cry:
In fact...you may have a valid "hostile work environment" complaint because of the smell! :supp:
In all seriousness, just to be safe, I'd let HR handle it. That's what HR is for- let them cross that bridge so you don't have to.

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 04:38 PM
" You fat stinking ass bitch..courtesy flush next time or we are all going to kick you in the guts until you shit yourself at your desk"
sincerely "We"
LOL! I'll have to pass on that one. I'd like to keep my job. Believe me, I'm not shy about saying it like it is. If I did, I would be immediately terminated and walked out the door and my belongings probably sent to me in the mail .
This one is a much more delicate situation.

hoolign
08-08-2006, 04:39 PM
I may be a little rusty on my HR training, but I can't see where telling someone that they need to flush the toilet consitutes a "hostile work environment" (unless you put the poo on her desk as a hint). :cry:
In fact...you may have a valid "hostile work environment" complaint because of the smell! :supp:
In all seriousness, just to be safe, I'd let HR handle it. That's what HR is for- let them cross that bridge so you don't have to.
Well if nothing else ..we have confirmed the age limit for moderators :rollside:

hoolign
08-08-2006, 04:42 PM
LOL! I'll have to pass on that one. I'd like to keep my job. Believe me, I'm not shy about saying it like it is. If I did, I would be immediately terminated and walked out the door and my belongings probably sent to me in the mail .
" You slim challenged not smelling so good female dog.PLEASE courtesy flush next time or we are all going to kick you in the intestines until you produce fecal matter yourself at your desk"
sincerely "We"
Better?

Tom Brown
08-08-2006, 04:43 PM
Written in dried turds, "COURTESY FLUSH PLEASE".
Go ahead and make a nice display out of it. Put it in a nice frame so as to make it a pleasant thing to view and a cute reminder that we all appreciate a little hygene now and then. :)

Outnumbered
08-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Just go outside and get some fresh air.........oh....wait a minute....you're in Norco.....NEVER MIND :crossx: :D :crossx:

Nord
08-08-2006, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't know what kind of advice to give since I poop glitter that smells like roses.............
~NORD~

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 04:49 PM
In all seriousness, just to be safe, I'd let HR handle it. That's what HR is for- let them cross that bridge so you don't have to.[/QUOTE]
You ae probably right in involving HR, however, I wouldn't want to involve myself in HR. I could send an anonmous inneroffice I suppose, however, they might think it is a joke and not take is seriously with no name attached.
This is hard one.

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 04:51 PM
" You slim challenged not smelling so good female dog.PLEASE courtesy flush next time or we are all going to kick you in the intestines until you produce fecal matter yourself at your desk"
sincerely "We"
Better?
LMAO right now. I wish.

centerhill condor
08-08-2006, 04:52 PM
you could place an "out of order" sign and provide an outhouse... or you could "hardwire" the fan so that it runs 24/7..ex lax?

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 04:53 PM
Yeah, like a sign that says
"A little courtesy flushing goes a long way." :)

core attitude
08-08-2006, 04:54 PM
You ae probably right in involving HR, however, I wouldn't want to involve myself in HR. I could send an anonmous inneroffice I suppose, however, they might think it is a joke and not take is seriously with no name attached.
This is hard one.
PM the number to HR. I'll call in the morning.......problem solved.

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 04:57 PM
This is hard one.
PM the number to HR. I'll call in the morning.......problem solved.[/QUOTE]
ok, I will keep that in mind. Off to Tacos at Franci's. I'll log back on later.
Thanks.

YeLLowBoaT
08-08-2006, 04:58 PM
If its really that bad, its time to look somewhere else for a job.
Personally I would tell the fat cow... That or you could point out to HR how much time she is wasting eating all the time...Eating at your desk is a big no-no...

Havasu Hangin'
08-08-2006, 05:58 PM
This is hard one.
I know it's tough to see when your judgement is clouded (by the smell)...but you have rights, too. You cannot be let go (for cause) for reporting a potential work environment issue to HR.
Believe me..with how lawsuit happy today's employees are, HR will listen to your complaint very seriously. Then, if they don't take appropriate action, they put themselves at risk.
Either way, you limit your personal liability by taking it to HR rather than directly to the other employee.

Cas
08-08-2006, 06:26 PM
since you 2 aren't the only ones in the office, have others sign a complaint with you so it won't look like a personal issue.

Riomouse911
08-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Put a Costco-sized stick up in the bath room, and a giant can of air freshener on the back of the john. Mebbe she'll get the subtle hint she stinks like a cow.

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 07:36 PM
Put a Costco-sized stick up in the bath room, and a giant can of air freshener on the back of the john. Mebbe she'll get the subtle hint she stinks like a cow.
It's at least a 6 stall restroom. probably need a box of the Costco giganto size fresheners.
haha

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 08:11 PM
I think this is what I have to do.
I think someday I am going to wait for her to come out and wait until she is at her desk and say out loud, oh my gosh, that bathroom is rank, someone needs to learn to courtesy flush so that she can hear it and maybe think twice next time she wants to drop her kids off at the beach.
I know it's harsh, but at least noone can prove that I was directing that to her. A comment made may only get me in trouble for the moment, but anything else could result in a write-up. And I know, I've had one before.
Thanks all for your input.

Howie Feltersnatch
08-08-2006, 08:47 PM
Take a picture of the overloaded bowl & put it on her desk with the caption "Well done. Next time try flushing."

ittybitycowgrl
08-08-2006, 08:53 PM
[QUOTE=Howie Feltersnatch]Take a picture of the overloaded bowl & put it on her desk with the caption "Well done. Next time try flushing."[/QUOTE
That is gross man.

lewiville
08-08-2006, 09:01 PM
real easy, just put a " restroom out of order" sign on the door and let her ass go across the street to take a dump.

ROZ
08-08-2006, 09:21 PM
Next time she enters the bathroom, the whole staff should stand by the door and scream, "REMEMBER THE COURTESY FLUSH!" :D

Mrs.HLB
08-09-2006, 07:53 AM
I feel for ya.. I have the same problem. I just wait for a while to let it air out. Maybe get some air freshener in the bathroom. That should help somewhat. Oh and hold your breath while you pee.. :)
Mrs.HLB

RiverDave
08-09-2006, 09:06 AM
I think this is what I have to do.
I think someday I am going to wait for her to come out and wait until she is at her desk and say out loud, oh my gosh, that bathroom is rank, someone needs to learn to courtesy flush so that she can hear it and maybe think twice next time she wants to drop her kids off at the beach.
I know it's harsh, but at least noone can prove that I was directing that to her. A comment made may only get me in trouble for the moment, but anything else could result in a write-up. And I know, I've had one before.
Thanks all for your input.
Register a random hotmail account.. stinkypoo@hotmail.com
then e-mail her work e-mail saying.. "Look we have a problem around the office." etc.. Make sure the e-mail doesn't "sound like" you, and I'd probably send it from your home computer just in case they have internet tracking at your work. That will certainly get the point across, and be discreet enough that she won't go postal in the office.
RD

Dave C
08-09-2006, 09:14 AM
I think some shithouse poet scribblings will do the trick...... just scratch some writings on the wall of the stalls:
"your stank ass would make me smile, if you courtesy flushed once in a while... the shithouse poet"

Mrs. Bordsmnj
08-09-2006, 09:33 AM
Ok, I am a HR manager and we had a similar problem in our office. We have someone who leaves surprises for everyone else to enjoy. :rolleyes: I cannot tell you how many times I have walked into the restroom and turned around running out dry heaving. GROSS!!!
Anyways, this is how I handled it and it worked. No ones feelings were hurt and there are no more surprises left for all the view.
I just made the following sign and put it in all the bathrooms:
Due to malfuntioning plumbing, please be courteous and flush twice. Thank you.

Dave C
08-09-2006, 09:37 AM
blame the shitter not the shittee.... very good... you must be in HR ;) :rollside:
Ok, I am a HR manager and we had a similar problem in our office. We have someone who leaves surprises for everyone else to enjoy. :rolleyes: I cannot tell you how many times I have walked into the restroom and turned around running out dry heaving. GROSS!!!
Anyways, this is how I handled it and it worked. No ones feelings were hurt and there are no more surprises left for all the view.
I just made the following sign and put it in all the bathrooms:
Due to malfuntioning plumbing, please be courteous and flush twice. Thank you.

BajaMike
08-09-2006, 09:48 AM
:rollside: :yuk:
Buy her one of these......
http://www.ibstales.com/images/products/metamucil.jpg
Leave it on her desk when she's on the pot and leave her a note saying...."take two or three table spoons of this at night and you won't have to gross out everyone at work all day long"!!!
:argue:

DeeCandyBar
08-09-2006, 10:41 AM
post the sign asking for a courtesy flush on the backs of every stall door in the bathroom. everyone reads while on the can and "bessie" won't miss the message.

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-09-2006, 10:49 AM
I can't believe I even read this but just simply leave a note on her desk explaining the problem and walk away.
The important part is not to crack up when you see her reading it. I doubt I could pull it off though!! I am dying right now just picturing it!!