PDA

View Full Version : Props to Papp

Danhercules
08-08-2006, 07:29 PM
I had a small issue with the new boat. I had a hell of a time fillin her up with gas. It would take 30 to 45 min to fill her up.
Tom looked at it and told me I have no tank vents, just vented caps, fine for running but not filing. There is a 90* corner in the filler neck, so I need vents. My tanks in the sponsons with glass on top. In other words, PAIN IN THE ARSE TO GET OUT!!!
Tom had a great idea. He made a spacer for my fuel level sending unit. He dilled and tapped a hole in the side and then ran the hose to some new BLING BLING vents.
Now the best part, He called me this afternoon that the spacers were in, and told me to bring the boat. So I did. Well, then he tells me where the tools are and what to do. He had me to the labor, so there was no charge. He just supplied the parts. Its amazing how easy it is to work on something with the right tools. That is one huge tool box that man has.
Anyway, he could have charged be labor and told me to come back, but instead, he knew I was pinchin pennies so he saved me a few bucks.
WAY TO GO TOM PAPP!!!!!

roostwear
08-08-2006, 07:45 PM
Good deal. Who rigged the boat originally?

Danhercules
08-08-2006, 07:48 PM
Good deal. Who rigged the boat originally?
Papp did. My boat was the first out of the mold. I guess its one of those things he found out after building that one! LOL