PDA

View Full Version : help shipping engine block

axkiker
08-09-2006, 05:40 AM
anyone know of a freight co that will ship an engine block for me. I dont own a business so its making it kinda hard. Most companies will only ship from business to business.
thanks

DeeCandyBar
08-09-2006, 06:09 AM
i gotta believe you can can take it to a freight company or to a freight forwarder for shipping. you could even try a local company once you talk to them about your problem and offer to buy someone a lunch

Howie Feltersnatch
08-09-2006, 06:27 AM
Fedex Freight will do it. I had them ship me an entire engine. If you don't have a dock, you'll have to pay an extra charge for them to send a lift truck.

shippingguy
08-09-2006, 07:12 AM
anyone know of a freight co that will ship an engine block for me. I dont own a business so its making it kinda hard. Most companies will only ship from business to business.
thanks
Call me I can help you out no problem.
Mike
714-313-1235

Dave C
08-09-2006, 08:16 AM
I shipped several engines via yellow freight... If you live close to one of their docks and can pick it up there, you even get a discount. :crossx:
I have it shipped to their dock which is only a few minutes from my house. They seem to like that arrangement for some reason.
and established customer can get better rates though.

shippingguy
08-09-2006, 08:29 AM
I shipped several engines via yellow freight... If you live close to one of their docks and can pick it up there, you even get a discount. :crossx:
I have it shipped to their dock which is only a few minutes from my house. They seem to like that arrangement for some reason.
and established customer can get better rates though.
You are right. If he takes it there himself he will pay through the roof.

Dave C
08-09-2006, 08:47 AM
tell me about it. I am usually buying so the seller is usually an established shipper with an account. I just show up at their dock to get my goddies. :)
The one time I had to ship something, we used my buddy's account. Got a fat deal.
You are right. If he takes it there himself he will pay through the roof.

shippingguy
08-09-2006, 08:56 AM
tell me about it. I am usually buying so the seller is usually an established shipper with an account. I just show up at their dock to get my goddies. :)
The one time I had to ship something, we used my buddy's account. Got a fat deal.
Don't want to spam, but if you ever need help let me know. This is what I do.

redneckcharlie
08-09-2006, 09:08 AM
i have stopped shipping freight almost completely. i've switched to a company called forward air, which is air freight. their service is really good and you can't beat the shipping times. their located in just about every major airport. its cut my shipping cost by half to two thirds.

Dave C
08-09-2006, 09:19 AM
thanks but I live too far away... i would have to ship it to you to have you ship it for me... LOL :rollside:
shipping heavy items is a pain. I am sure you can help some of these other fawkers in here..
Don't want to spam, but if you ever need help let me know. This is what I do.

shippingguy
08-09-2006, 09:50 AM
thanks but I live too far away... i would have to ship it to you to have you ship it for me... LOL :rollside:
shipping heavy items is a pain. I am sure you can help some of these other fawkers in here..
I am worldwide and can pickup anything, anywhere in the country(including Hawaii), Canada etc. within 2 hours. LTL. TL. CL, LCL, rail, ocean, air. Enough spamming don't want to get a bad rap :) I am here to help if needed.

AZKC
08-09-2006, 10:24 AM
Shippingguy seems like a place to start, just for fun of competition ck out FreightQuote.com I've used them a few times I dropped the freight at the dock and have the customer pick up at the dock it saved a ton of money. :)

NOTALENT
08-09-2006, 10:26 AM
R & L Carrires, Motorcaro, Fedex, USF Best etc....Just make sure there are no fluids in it...strap it down to a pallet and wrap it up. I use them all day...