PDA

View Full Version : Mexico says returning migrants complaining of corruption

H20Advantage
12-17-2005, 11:01 AM
Anyone else have a problem with this. I believe they are talking about illegals re-entering the country. Then will we welcome them back with open arms. They are talking about three million people here!!!!! And we wonder why the schools and medical fields are overburdened.
If you are here legally I welcome you with open arms but if not...............
Found in todays Havasu News:
Mexico says returning migrants complaining of corruption
By Ioan Grillo
Friday, December 16, 2005 5:02 PM MST
MEXICO CITY (AP) - Mexican migrants returning home from the United States laden with money and Christmas presents have complained of being harassed, extorted or robbed by Mexican police and customs officials, the government announced Friday.
Since Nov. 1, the government has received 28 complaints from migrants, about 20 percent higher than during the same period last year, said Florencia Martinez, head of the Paisano Program, a government effort to clamp down on corrupt public officials and to welcome migrants home for the holidays.
Martinez attributed the increase to migrants becoming more aware of their rights and initiatives that have made it easier to file a complaint - and not to more corruption.
“We are receiving more complaints and this pleases me, because it means that our countrymen are becoming braver,” Martinez said. “Seven years ago, (migrants) said why should I complain when nothing happens and there could be repercussions.”
This year, Mexican consulates in the United States have handed out more than a million leaflets detailing migrants' rights.
Any agent who is found guilty of wrongdoing will be fired and prosecuted, Martinez said. Last year, authorities fired 15 officials after migrants filed complaints, she said.
The Mexican government estimates that more than 3 million Mexicans will return home from the United States between November and January. About 1 million have already made the trip, Martinez said.
Returning migrants often carry large quantities of cash and gifts for their families.
This year, the Paisano Program, which first started in 1989, also includes undercover agents to ensure nobody is shaken down for bribes at airports or border crossings.
More than 1,000 volunteers, including many students and retirees, are also going to border posts to keep an eye on officials and give advice to migrants.
President Vicente Fox has trumpeted the program in television spots and has said he will make trips to border areas so he can personally ensure that public servants are welcoming migrants back without problems.

Kilrtoy
12-17-2005, 11:23 AM
nOW THAT WE KNOW THAT MANY CRIMINALS ARE BACK WHERE THEY BELONG, cCLOSE THE DAMN BORDERS AND KEEP THOSE PIECE OF SHITS THERE

Kilrtoy
12-17-2005, 11:24 AM
Sorry for the caps

H20 Toie
12-17-2005, 11:48 AM
Like that would ever happen.

big kahoona
12-17-2005, 12:20 PM
IF Our Gov. Does'nt Stop All The Auto Man.from Shipping All Of The Work To Mexico And China .We Will Have To Move Over There To Get Work .You Don't See The Price Of Our Vehs. Coming Down At All ! And Frigidaire Is Laying Off Thousands Of People Because There New Plant In China Is Up And Running .! Go Figure !!

Keith E. Sayre
12-17-2005, 01:10 PM
One only has to look as far back as WWII to see what industrial might can do.
After the December 7th wipeout in Hawaii by the Japanese, we mustered up
all of the industrial might that we could and we beat not only the Japanese
but helped to defeat the Germans on another continent. Bottom line, we
could build or rebuild it faster than either of them combined could destroy it
from planes to ships to rifles to jeeps to tanks to trains to bombs to ammunition etc etc.
We not only defeated them in terms of the war itself, but our industrial might was incredible. We owe those folks a great deal that produced during those hard years--on and off of the battle field.
Today, all I hear about is China and India and what they are building. Sure
alot of them are working for pennies but what happens if we end up mixing it up with China, I would have to believe that they have the industrial edge
and they could build more tanks and bullets and guns than we could without
a doubt. They also have the manpower.
Oh sure, we could probably defeat them in a conventional war but only because of our technological superiority. But I'll bet that Japan would be gone and probably South Korea and a few others.
I'm not sure that James Walton and the Walmart boys are doing us any good
by helping China get all geared up for the next go round. Maybe we should
rethink this?
While I'm certainly not a racist and work with several people from Mexico and think the world of them, this town of Lake Havasu has changed dramatically in the past 10 years with regard to the illegals. Crime is way up, and a big
chunk of that is directly related to them being here. Major problems in the schools are starting to manifest themselves, did anyone notice the park at the end of the channel last summer by the dog park, I didn't see anyone on
any Sunday BBQing there that spoke English. And there was a certain attitude being displayed towards the boaters that were parked close by.
I've never had a problem with any of the "illegals" that are flooding in and this country was founded by people from all walks of life and from all over the world, but enough is enough. Close the doors before it is too late and build
a big fence and man it.
Keith Sayre

Two K's
12-17-2005, 02:11 PM
We have all heard it before Buy American, Hire the American. If they can't fill their pockets with money they will leave I haven't been to a 7-11 since they stopped hiring the local kids in my area and that also goes for Dunkin Donut too.When a contractor works on your house and brings a crew of illegals to do the job, do you think that your getting a better price? I don't think it's like that anymore. I think the contractor is putting the savings in his own wallet We can't complain about kids today not wanting to work if all the opportunities to find a part time job are gone My Kid is looking for one now. I don't think he will get one at a gas station like I did when I was a kid. Don't get me wrong I have no problem with people comming to this country as legals to make a life here and become Americans because than they like us are also paying taxes . We are doing this to ourselfs

Moneypitt
12-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Take the "club Fed" imates and house them at 1/2 mile intervals along the entire border. 6 imates to a cabin, 3 shifts. For every illegal they catch each man in the cabin has 1 day removed from his sentence. We're paying to house these guys anyway, put them to work. I guarentee not a single illegal would get through............MP

big kahoona
12-17-2005, 02:36 PM
I Have Family That Lives In Jamestown Tn. The Factory There Working At Is Loaded With Illegals. They Get A Pay Check Just Like My Family .b U T ! They Don't Take Taxes Out On Them .so There Making More Money Than My Family ! Go Figure !

Schmick
12-17-2005, 02:59 PM
California screwed itsself when it's people allowed Bustamante to block prop 187. At least the city of Newport had the balls to tell them to piss off when it tore up all the grass that the immigrants were playing soccer on... broken beer bottles just dont belong where beach goers are walking bare foot

Two K's
12-17-2005, 04:17 PM
A short while back here on long island suffolk county the residents were complaining about all the illegals hanging on the street corners looking for contractors to give them work. To cure this problem some of the local politicians wanted the tax payers to build a sheltered area for them so the contractors could go there to hire them. Isn't that some s--t :mad:

Schmick
12-17-2005, 04:39 PM
I remember being at the street races about 10 years ago and being pulled over for having fog lamps on in my car, I asked why I was being harassed for that and they said "youre breaking the law" Why dont they treat illegal immigrants like the criminals they are as well then, if they want to come here to work and are caught, put them in work camps where they work 12 hours a day without pay for 6 months and then send them back tot he country they came from. Each time they get caught their sentence tripples, they can start by cleaning up grafiti and trash on the roads.
And suspend the contracting or business licenses of those who hire them, after 3 strikes the license is revoked

Moneypitt
12-17-2005, 05:11 PM
I remember being at the street races about 10 years ago and being pulled over for having fog lamps on in my car, I asked why I was being harassed for that and they said "youre breaking the law" Why dont they treat illegal immigrants like the criminals they are as well then, if they want to come here to work and are caught, put them in work camps where they work 12 hours a day without pay for 6 months and then send them back tot he country they came from. Each time they get caught their sentence tripples, they can start by cleaning up grafiti and trash on the roads.
And suspend the contracting or business licenses of those who hire them, after 3 strikes the license is revoked
Why not have the contractors working in the camps right along with the illegals they hired, sentence trippled everytime they do it again.........MP

Schmick
12-17-2005, 05:14 PM
that works too, but may not have the economic sting of having them lose their livelihood, even if just temporarily

Fiat48
12-17-2005, 05:21 PM
Take the "club Fed" imates and house them at 1/2 mile intervals along the entire border. 6 imates to a cabin, 3 shifts. For every illegal they catch each man in the cabin has 1 day removed from his sentence. We're paying to house these guys anyway, put them to work. I guarentee not a single illegal would get through............MP
I seldom comment on this shit but Moneypitt.....you run for office and you'll get my vote.

big kahoona
12-17-2005, 07:27 PM
I seldom comment on this shit but Moneypitt.....you run for office and you'll get my vote.
I'LL SECOND THAT !

Havasu_Dreamin
12-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Why dont they treat illegal immigrants like the criminals they are as well then
Because for some reason, unless I'm mistaken, law enforcement can't just stop people suspected of being illegals.
The illegal immigration problem will never get any better until the governmnet grows a set of stones and actually decides to enforce the damn laws we already ahve. A company is found hiring illegal immigrans there nees to be hefty fines. Over the course of any law enforcement contact if it is determined that the person is an illegal, arrest them and start the deportation process. I've got no problem with people being here LEGALLY. But if you are here illegally, its back to your home country or just out of the US.

totenhosen
12-17-2005, 10:03 PM
Because for some reason, unless I'm mistaken, law enforcement can't just stop people suspected of being illegals.
The illegal immigration problem will never get any better until the governmnet grows a set of stones and actually decides to enforce the damn laws we already ahve. A company is found hiring illegal immigrans there nees to be hefty fines. Over the course of any law enforcement contact if it is determined that the person is an illegal, arrest them and start the deportation process. I've got no problem with people being here LEGALLY. But if you are here illegally, its back to your home country or just out of the US.
I say make it mandatory jail time for hiring illegals!

big kahoona
12-18-2005, 12:05 PM
I Say If Your Caught Hiring Illegals ! They Should Also Be Sent Back Across The Boarder With The Illegals Migrants ! I'M SURE THAT WOULD SLOW THE HIRING DOWN REAL FAST ! :idea:

GMFL
12-18-2005, 12:25 PM
Costa Mesa's Mayor and Board just passed a law that allows the police dept. to start deporting illegals if they are stopped or arrested for committing a major crime. They backed down from the original plan of deporting if stopped for a minor offence such as jaywalking.
It's a start at least. Too bad our local and state government has to take care of Federal issues. Maybe the President will wake up and stop trying to make Vincente Fox his best friend.

Moneypitt
12-18-2005, 12:33 PM
You mean illegally entering our country isn't a major crime? Just being here illegally should be enough to put them under the jail until they are kicked far enough out of here to land about 1/2 way to south America. They are invaders, period........If that isn't a major crime then major crimes don't exist. Drunk in public is a major crime in some cities, just as being homeless can land a person in jail. What the hell is wrong with our law makers anyway? I'll tell you, MOST of them were LAWYERS before we elected them...........MP

GMFL
12-18-2005, 12:49 PM
You mean illegally entering our country isn't a major crime? Just being here illegally should be enough to put them under the jail until they are kicked far enough out of here to land about 1/2 way to south America. They are invaders, period........If that isn't a major crime then major crimes don't exist. Drunk in public is a major crime in some cities, just as being homeless can land a person in jail. What the hell is wrong with our law makers anyway? I'll tell you, MOST of them were LAWYERS before we elected them...........MP
Couldn't agree with you more.
I don't recall what a "Major crime" is. Just what the paper said.
BTW, I'm a contractor and do not hire any illegals. Most of the respectable General Contractors don't. Some of my subs, I suspect, do hire illegal immigrants. However, I am not a large enough GC yet to insist that those on my jobs are legally employed.
However, jobs are not the only reason people are coming here illegally. It's the free health care that they receive, the free, generally excellent, schooling and free handouts that they receive. We need to stop allowing illegals to have these benefits and even deporting or at least reporting illegals who try to take advantage of the free health care and schooling.
I believe that the House or Congress is looking at the Anchor Baby issue right now. Hopefully they will take care of that problem at least.

Moneypitt
12-18-2005, 12:56 PM
That, my friend, will have to be a congressional change to the constitution. No easy task. I think the parents should be deported the next day and the babies put up for adoption, done deal......Let the word get out about that, and the practice would stop.........How about hiring a bunch of actors to fake death in a blaze of gunfire while trying to cross the border, have the border partrol go out and pick up the bodies in full view of the others waiting to cross. That too, would slow things down a bunch..............MP

big kahoona
12-18-2005, 12:57 PM
I Can Not Figure Out Why Every Lil' Mom -n- Pop Store Or Gas Station . And Small Motels Has Been Bought Out By Iraiq's And Who Knows What Else ? If Our Gov. Does'nt Stop All This Soon ! What Are We Going To Do ? They're Over Loading Our Country By The Min.!

haulina29
12-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Moneypit you think the majority of the illegals work in construction or is it because you see the ones in construction standing on the corners . How many work in restaurants , farming , manufacturing , machine shops , gardners , house keepers , etc?

Moneypitt
12-18-2005, 01:21 PM
No, if I seemed to single out the construction industry it was un intentional. I see the problem with so many other things besides work related issues. The overall impact to our enconomy, while a problem, is just the tip of the iceberg. Overcrowding our neighborhoods, pushing the court systems to the brink of breakdown, packing our jails waiting for trial and/or deportation, clogging our roadways with drivers that can't drive, the cost of bi lingal ballots, (You must read and write english to become a citizen, so why bilingal ballots), filling our schools and health care facilities............On and on and on......There is no end to the damage illegals do to our overall systems The few that do work in constuction and are easy to catch and expose should not be singled out as a major problem, just a small fish in the larger pond of these invaders................MP

big kahoona
12-18-2005, 01:22 PM
Wal-mart Got Raided HERE In Town Afew Weeks Ago . All The Golden Coral Restaurants Are Packed Full !