PDA

View Full Version : Casale V-Drive is Here!!!!!

Mr. V-Driver
08-09-2006, 12:31 PM
Hello to all! Casale V-Drive is here at last!!!!!!!
Looking forward to helping all of you as much as I can with all your amazing V-drive questions!
I love to show pics. and boast about our companies products! :)
I'll try to respond quickly, but please be patient!!!!

RiverDave
08-09-2006, 01:19 PM
Looking forward to helping all of you as much as I can with all your amazing V-drive questions!
Well I'm not a v-driver (yet) but I have a kind of weird question..
Assuming you were running a 10 degree box on a cruiser (big gears) that was seeing some long range runs (decent HP), what should the oil temperature be inside the v-drive?
This is the stupid question of the year, but hey I gotta ask.. Is there any downside or upside to running it any cooler? hotter?
Welcome to ***boat by the way.
RD

superdave013
08-09-2006, 01:40 PM
I think things will be very spamtastic over here real soon. LMAO :D
Mitch, I'll see you this weekend at the beach.

Rexone
08-09-2006, 01:45 PM
Hopefully it will be in the spam forum where it belongs. The vdrive forum is not for spamming. Just so everyone is aware in advance. :)

HM
08-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Hopefully it will be in the spam forum where it belongs. The vdrive forum is not for spamming. Just so everyone is aware in advance. :)
You'd think the moderators would stick a thread at the top that addresses spam.
:rolleyes:

superdave013
08-09-2006, 02:23 PM
it's not that type of spam really. Lets just say he is proud of what he does (not that there is anything wrong with that) and would like everyone to know about it. And he loves posting pics of the projects he has going.
I have to say he's posted some pretty cool pics over at Don's site.

Rexone
08-09-2006, 02:34 PM
You'd think the moderators would stick a thread at the top that addresses spam.
:rolleyes:
Sometimes I think we need a half page banner to get the point across. :)

CircleJerk
08-09-2006, 04:30 PM
Cool, compare a HallCraft to your brand.... A Nostalgia racer other than myself wants the STRAIGHT scoop. His boat sits helpless while he plays dial-a-brain to help him decide. I told him to 'Stick it in'! Where is Tom?

Mr. V-Driver
08-09-2006, 04:44 PM
Well I'm not a v-driver (yet) but I have a kind of weird question..
Assuming you were running a 10 degree box on a cruiser (big gears) that was seeing some long range runs (decent HP), what should the oil temperature be inside the v-drive?
This is the stupid question of the year, but hey I gotta ask.. Is there any downside or upside to running it any cooler? hotter?
Welcome to ***boat by the way.
RD
Hopefully about 160 degrees F. and running water to it is a cooler way than not!!! Upside is Cooler!!! Thanks for the welcome!!! :rollside:

Mr. V-Driver
08-09-2006, 04:47 PM
Super "D", Yep, I'll be there both days, looooking forward to meeting you!!!
I picture you in your full Mtn. Bike gear Kinda looks like Darth Vader!!! :skull:

Mr. V-Driver
08-09-2006, 04:59 PM
Cool, compare a HallCraft to your brand.... A Nostalgia racer other than myself wants the STRAIGHT scoop. His boat sits helpless while he plays dial-a-brain to help him decide. I told him to 'Stick it in'! Where is Tom?
Ok, HallCraft/Menkens doesn't offer ALL the different varieties of V-Drives that Casale does, meaning Versions like small 6 hole, big 6 hole, 5 hole pattern, 8,10,12 degree. Square top and split case Reverse, C-500, C-1000, C-2000 and even larger V-drives for Unlimited Hydro's and Vintage Boats!!!
Z-Drives, Parallel, and Off-Road!!! Different upgradeable shaft sizes 1", 1 1/8", 1 1/4", 1 3/8", and 1 1/2". Different splined or Keyed shafts, Heavy duty gears with inner gear sleeve. Nitrited and gun-drilled shafts. Versions of the split case, Standard, Raised Water Jacket for tall gears and still run water, Totally hogged out-Drag style and 3/8" or 1/2" Mt. plate. Also available are 10 Degree Billet Cases and sOOn 12*! :idea:
HallCraft was good, Casale is even better!!! :crossx:
ps. I think Tom is making motorcycle parts!!! :rolleyes:

Mr. V-Driver
08-09-2006, 05:05 PM
SPAM-Ham in a Can!!! Other than that there is no definition in the Websters Dictionary for that word!!!
Anyhow here is a pic. of my Coupling display, Any Questions??? :)

wsuwrhr
08-09-2006, 05:35 PM
I think Tom is making motorcycle parts!!! :rolleyes:
Tom is making V-drive parts as well.

HM
08-09-2006, 06:01 PM
What is Andy Jr. or Drew Jr. or what ever he goes by now...what is he up to these days? I dealt with him right before you guys were moving to Sante Fe Springs. He assembled a 10 degree split-case for me, then Wilkes re-assembled it, without any silicone seal and only 2 gaskets per side, instead of 3 perside.
I was the guy that turned you guys onto Mag Masters for polishing when Andy wanted to charge me $200 for polishing. He could'nt believe I got it done for $40, and it was better quality job than the guys you had been using. I don't know if you still use mag masters as I know a lot has changed down there...specifically their prices.

Roaddogg 4040
08-09-2006, 07:14 PM
Welcome Mitch. See you Sat...
Steve

rrrr
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
Does Andy still have the Kurtis-Kraft Offy midget? :cool:

BA Kurtis
08-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Tom is still around I just resently had a prop done and bought some parts.

FlatRat
08-10-2006, 05:25 AM
Boyd,
I have a Hallcraft parralelle shaft no in,out parts box if ya want it.I'll bring over to Newport.

cowboybob
08-10-2006, 06:39 AM
Mr. V-Drive..............
I have a set of Gears marked "10 Degree", they are 1.55's.
They have a larger shaft hole with about 30 splines instead of the Normal 10 or so splines.
The top gear is lightened, I cannot remember if the bottom is as well.
What were these used/designed for and are they "Swapable" for some "Standard Gears" (Normal Spline) 9's or 15's or something in that range.
Thanks in advance for the help!

olbiezer
08-10-2006, 08:56 AM
oh oh........i feel another casale comercial coming on!!!!!!!! :) :boxed:

lilrick
08-10-2006, 09:33 AM
looks like I became a v-drive guy just in time !!welcome Dad!! :D

Bob Hostetter
08-10-2006, 12:55 PM
I just want a T-Shirt...........

Itsahobby
08-10-2006, 01:11 PM
X2 and some stickers would be cool. I had to pay for my last ones :rolleyes:

Mr. V-Driver
08-10-2006, 05:17 PM
Does Andy still have the Kurtis-Kraft Offy midget? :cool:
Yep, finally fully functional and has completed 2 race venues! All the bugs and gremlins are gone!!! :boxed:
I've enclosed a pic. for your enjoyment!!! :) It's the blue and white #2 car.
Hope ya like!!!

Mr. V-Driver
08-10-2006, 05:27 PM
small - x-large 1 for $15.00 or 2 for $25.00
2X & 3X 1 for $20.00 or 2 for $35.00
We've got about 10 different styles of shirts, here's a few pics. for all the designs e-mail me at Casale1vdrive@msn.com and ask for shirt pics and I will send them to ya!!!!
Free Decals with shirt orders!!! :)

Mr. V-Driver
08-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Mr. V-Drive..............
I have a set of Gears marked "10 Degree", they are 1.55's.
They have a larger shaft hole with about 30 splines instead of the Normal 10 or so splines.
The top gear is lightened, I cannot remember if the bottom is as well.
What were these used/designed for and are they "Swapable" for some "Standard Gears" (Normal Spline) 9's or 15's or something in that range.
Thanks in advance for the help!
We sell New Only!!!! No Exchange Program due to Our Insurance Co.
Call 909-886-3298 New and used Gear Exchange Ask for Ron

steve d
08-10-2006, 05:34 PM
Yep, finally fully functional and has completed 2 race venues! All the bugs and gremlins are gone!!! :boxed:
Hope ya like!!!
Can appreciate that for sure. Built and drove this one for 8yrs..Still a part
of me......
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e79/csteved/Midgetphotos004.jpg

Sangerdude
08-10-2006, 07:46 PM
I got one for you...
I have a 1980 Sanger Mini Day Cruiser and was wondering about adding a cooler to the V-Drive...is this feasible? How to? What $$$ am I lookin at?
Thanks!
Bill

rrrr
08-11-2006, 09:01 PM
Hope ya like!!!
Good to see the lil' dude again....My wife and I met Andy at Irwindale after the Turkey Night Grand Prix in 2003. He had the car on display, as did some other Kurtis owners.
He had some awesome scrapbooks.....

Sangerdude
08-13-2006, 07:31 AM
Hmmmm...is Casale V-drive "really" here.... :confused:

superdave013
08-13-2006, 12:18 PM
Hmmmm...is Casale V-drive "really" here.... :confused:
nope, he's at the race track this weekend. I saw hie out there yesterday. I'm sure he'll be around during the week.

Mr. V-Driver
08-14-2006, 05:15 PM
I got one for you...
I have a 1980 Sanger Mini Day Cruiser and was wondering about adding a cooler to the V-Drive...is this feasible? How to? What $$$ am I lookin at?
Thanks!
Bill
Are you maxed out on gear in your split case, no water-jacket after 1.45's???
Yes we have a cooler that goes on inside bottom $375.00 and uses standard water holes in case. Made for gear ratio's 1.45 and up. Or do you mean like a tranny cooler??? I assume you have a split-case, not a top loader?
Ps. Dave's right, was at races last weekend!!! :rollside:

Mr. V-Driver
08-14-2006, 05:57 PM
Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi!, all of you out there, You know who you are!!!
It was a Great and very busy weekend.
Here's a pic. of my bro Drew in action giving V-Drive advice to a customer, and yes, those are Casale socks hanging up. Made by Defeet, these were the trick item of the day and sold like Hotcakes!!! Be aware of the person next to ya,.....they just might be wearing a pair!!! :)

GofastRacer
08-14-2006, 07:09 PM
It was nice meeting ya Mitch, too bad didn't have time to meet Drew maybe next time!.. :cool:

Mr. V-Driver
08-16-2006, 12:16 PM
It was a great weekend indeed!!! :)

78Southwind
08-30-2006, 07:36 PM
Hey Mitch
Glad you made it to the site. It’s been a long time bud. We have a little get together going on called the Freeboard Challenged. Check it out at the roostwear.com or freeboardchallenged.com website. You need to make it to this trip if you can. Lot of cool peeps. Maybe you could offer some special pricing on shirts for the V-drives that show up to the trip. Hopefully, this year we will have even more V-drives that show up. Put up a picture of a Z-drive in a jet boat. Never seen one but heard that they exist.
Jerry

MR SPAM MAN!
08-30-2006, 10:23 PM
Once again it is I Mr SPam MAN! I will spam your ass to death just as Mr Vdriver does!! SPAM SPAM SPAM

Mr. V-Driver
08-31-2006, 07:31 AM
Once again it is I Mr SPam MAN! I will spam your ass to death just as Mr Vdriver does!! SPAM SPAM SPAM
Cooool, I like Spam. White bread, Lettuce, mayo and a little SPAM! Love that stuff in a Can!!! :)
And don't forget>>>>>>>
Don't delay get a Casale V-Drive in your boat Today!!! Add a Whirlaway and you can stay, because you'll LIVE another day, to Play, play, play!!!!!!! :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside: :rollside:

Mr. V-Driver
08-31-2006, 07:39 AM
Hey Mitch
Glad you made it to the site. It’s been a long time bud. We have a little get together going on called the Freeboard Challenged. Check it out at the roostwear.com or freeboardchallenged.com website. You need to make it to this trip if you can. Lot of cool peeps. Maybe you could offer some special pricing on shirts for the V-drives that show up to the trip. Hopefully, this year we will have even more V-drives that show up. Put up a picture of a Z-drive in a jet boat. Never seen one but heard that they exist.
Jerry
Hey Pal, Give me some dates and locations!!! Will try those websites when I get a chance!
????? Do I bring my Jet boat or V-Drive boat???? Or just myself and a Keg of Coors Light????

78Southwind
08-31-2006, 09:34 AM
Hey Pal, Give me some dates and locations!!! Will try those websites when I get a chance!
????? Do I bring my Jet boat or V-Drive boat???? Or just myself and a Keg of Coors Light????
If you don’t mind shallow water bring the V-drive there should be plenty of jet boats already coming out. Last year about ¼ of the boats that showed up were V-drive flats. We need the V-drives to show up this year so spread the word.
Big Bend Laughlin is where it is happening and AVI is where most of us are staying if you don’t have and RV. If you have an RV stay at Big Bend. When is Oct. 13th, 14th, 15th. Don’t forget the Keg Coors Light.
Here is the Big Bend Laughlin Park website: http://parks.nv.gov/bb.htm
Here is the AVI deal.
IT'S THE REAL DEAL $69 PACKAGE
STAY SEPTEMBER 3RD THRU OCTOBER 31ST
ANY TWO NIGHTS IN THE
HOTEL OR FULL SERVICE RV PARK
Offer Includes:
• Two Breakfast Buffets – Two Dinner Buffets*
• Two Brenden 8-Plex Concession Coupons
And up to $25 in Gas for your tank!
For Reservations call 1.800.AVI.2.WIN. Ask for offer EM106

78Southwind
08-31-2006, 10:08 AM
Mitch
Here is a map that Roost on the boards made. Hope it helps.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1676s.jpg

Mr. V-Driver
09-05-2006, 07:50 AM
Thanks, Jerry!!!
I'll probably stay at the AVI, No RV for me! Hope the weather is Nice!
Take Care, Mitch

Dave Sammons
09-05-2006, 12:55 PM
Mitch,
Can you post or PM me a late 60's style Casale logo??(assume it's the classic logo with the big V??). We will be hand lettering one on the Nordskog restoration we're doing. Thanks
Dave

Mr. V-Driver
09-05-2006, 06:23 PM
I've got an old Tee from when I was a kid, I'll take a pic. and send ya a jpg. when I get a chance! Sounds like a KOOL project, will be looking forward to a pic. of it when finished!!! :)

HM
09-07-2006, 07:56 PM
Mitch, I'll see you this weekend at the beach.
Funny how you called it on his first post.....

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 07:58 PM
I thought it, but I didn't post it.
Brian

superdave013
09-07-2006, 08:51 PM
you just wait until you see the latest version of a billet v drive case. ;)
Now if I could only get the CNC's RS232 port working with my puter's USB port I'd be all set.

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 08:55 PM
Now if I could only get the CNC's RS232 port working with my puter's USB port I'd be all set.
haha
If you are serious, that ain gonna happen

superdave013
09-07-2006, 09:03 PM
haha
If you are serious, that ain gonna happen
you will have to hide and watch then.

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 09:22 PM
you will have to hide and watch then.
As far as I know, you arent going to transmit data to your CNC from a USB port. At least I don't think so. I have always had to use the 9 pin COM port 1 or 2.
Brian

Moneypitt
09-07-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey, just stick it on a floppy, mail 'em out, and all of us can start knocking them out like crazy. Talk about driving the price down, lets flood the market with billet cases. Wouldn't it be nice to find "reasonably" priced casale parts and pieces..........Hell, lets make the gears too....At Jims Machining in Camarillo we made all the internals for the Harley 4, 5, and 6 speeds, and thats a bunch of gears. These high dollar casale gears can't be any tougher to make that those were. Yeah, I know, heat treating research, hobbing, splining.....But we could do it with a little working capitol and machines all over So Cal coming together as one..........Yeah, I'm dreaming, I know.......MP

superdave013
09-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Who said anything about "reasonably" priced? lol

wsuwrhr
09-07-2006, 09:57 PM
Hey, just stick it on a floppy, mail 'em out, and all of us can start knocking them out like crazy. Talk about driving the price down, lets flood the market with billet cases. Wouldn't it be nice to find "reasonably" priced casale parts and pieces..........Hell, lets make the gears too....At Jims Machining in Camarillo we made all the internals for the Harley 4, 5, and 6 speeds, and thats a bunch of gears. These high dollar casale gears can't be any tougher to make that those were. Yeah, I know, heat treating research, hobbing, splining.....But we could do it with a little working capitol and machines all over So Cal coming together as one..........Yeah, I'm dreaming, I know.......MP
Crazy guy, material for the Banshee cases are $500. I am guessing material for the v-drive cases are right in there.
Plenty of setups to make it happen. What they get for them is right at what it would take to make them.
Brian