PDA

View Full Version : Rockstar..........Killer

Ziggy
08-09-2006, 02:18 PM
:D :D :D
Magni from Iceland was Killer last night......Acoustic guitar tunes rock.

boater72
08-09-2006, 02:41 PM
:D :D :D
Magni from Iceland was Killer last night......Acoustic guitar tunes rock.
Yes he was good. But I thought burning down the house was wild.

core attitude
08-09-2006, 03:19 PM
If I have to watch one more week of that Zayra I'm going to puke, that chick is hard to look at let alone listen to. They need to send that freak packing so some one else who could pull it off doesn't go home. Keeping her around just to see what see will do next is getting old.

rvrtoy
08-09-2006, 03:40 PM
If I have to watch one more week of that Zayra I'm going to puke, that chick is hard to look at let alone listen to. They need to send that freak packing so some one else who could pull it off doesn't go home. Keeping her around just to see what see will do next is getting old.
You mean "Oscar"...LOL what a freak. I really enjoyed "Burnin' Down the House"...well up until the bull horn incident. :rolleyes:

Mandelon
08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
Rockstar..........Killer
LOL, I thought this was another "dangers of energy drinks thread"... :rolleyes: :p

Ziggy
08-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Yup, Burnin' down the house kicked ass too....the bullhorn part kinda blew it for me though.
Zayra------freaky chick, nice ass. She's one of the very few that sings and her natural accent is detectable. She needs to stop singing and be a thong model :D
Forget the name, the first chick that sang.........talk about needing to join the circus....wow

Ziggy
08-09-2006, 03:52 PM
Rockstar..........Killer
LOL, I thought this was another "dangers of energy drinks thread"... :rolleyes: :p
nee-ner nee-ner :p

boater72
08-09-2006, 04:11 PM
[QUOTE=Ziggy]Yup, Burnin' down the house kicked ass too....the bullhorn part kinda blew it for me though.
Zayra------freaky chick, nice ass. She's one of the very few that sings and her natural accent is detectable. She needs to stop singing and be a thong model :D
Yes the bull horn incident didn't need to happen as he was pulling it off without it. Zayra needed to go a long time ago but she does have a nice ass.

core attitude
08-09-2006, 04:33 PM
Forget the name, the first chick that sang.........talk about needing to join the circus....wow
Come on Ziggy, she could bring out your inner freak........as a matter of fact, she's probably dig it out with a spoon and eat it. :)
http://entimg.msn.com/i/Rockstar_Supernova/wk05/elimination/205c_dilana_vamps_0015.jpg

Ziggy
08-09-2006, 04:42 PM
Come on Ziggy, she could bring out your inner freak........as a matter of fact, she's probably dig it out with a spoon and eat it. :)
http://entimg.msn.com/i/Rockstar_Supernova/wk05/elimination/205c_dilana_vamps_0015.jpg
Dilana... :eek: spoons are for icecream :p :D

MBlaster
08-09-2006, 04:59 PM
We were there for the tapeing on sunday. I was suprised how much gets edited out.
The show started at 5 and we didn't get out till near 7.
PS Storm is smokin hot.

blown dough
08-09-2006, 05:03 PM
Rockstar..........Killer
Me too!!!!

shueman
08-09-2006, 05:05 PM
It's FINALLY gettin' good....they need to lose that Brooke chick though.... :crossx:

Froggystyle
08-09-2006, 05:14 PM
I am so behind Dilana... she has the look, the talent, the energy and the charisma to be up in front of that band...
The only guy I think stands a chance against her is the guy who sang the REM song last week with the piano, Ryan.
I Tivo'd it this week so I wouldn't have to watch commercials. I am headed home to watch it... then watch Project Runway, which Audrey is addicted to and then watch the Tivo for the eliminations tonight.
I think this is the best show on TV right now. I love the performances, the pressure and all of the intensity these folks have to bring on.
That being said, I hate Lukas...

Froggystyle
08-09-2006, 05:15 PM
We were there for the tapeing on sunday. I was suprised how much gets edited out.
The show started at 5 and we didn't get out till near 7.
PS Storm is smokin hot.
You know anyone, or did you just show up right place, right time?

MBlaster
08-09-2006, 06:04 PM
You know anyone, or did you just show up right place, right time?
Wife has a friend at CBS and got us VIP. We were right on the floor.
We could have gone back today but they tape at 10 am and we would have had to be there at 8:45. That would have cut into my work day.
Yea Lukas may be an arrogant prick but the guy has got the stage presence.
We got to meet the rockers, they were all super cool. Got a big hug from Patrice. She's a cool chick.
Oh and like I said before Storm is a smokin hottie. :rollside:

ChumpChange
08-10-2006, 07:12 AM
Nice elimination of two on last night's show. Didn't see that one coming but a good move.

Froggystyle
08-10-2006, 08:13 AM
Yeah, they needed to go. Both of them. I was actually hoping for that.
I thought that was one of the worst renditions of Interstate I have ever heard. Uninspired, flat, boring. Gill is just a kook. No way she was going to get in front of those guys and work out.
Storm is an idiot. I have had two lead singers that were like her before. Pseudo-sexual, full of innuendo and apparent sexuality but missing the whole charisma thing. The guys sure as hell don't want her whoring around with them, that is what groupies are for. All she would add is drama and weirdness. She won't win.
Standouts for me were Magni after I finally saw it and heard him do the Live song with accompaniment, and Dilana who I still say takes it all. She has everything I have ever looked for in a female lead vocalist, and if I was still in the business I would be getting in touch with her for sure. I thought Lukas sucked ass again and fast forwarded it last night. I watched his whole performance from the night before and was unimpressed. He looks dumb, emotes terribly and is way to emo for that group. My opinion. He needs to go find Avenge Sevenfold and move in. He is not fit to play with Tommy or Gilby.
And is it just me or is Jason Neusted a bit of a dork without the hair? He acts like someone who is along for the ride here and doesn't have the impact the other two have with me, though he has been a member of one of my favorite bands through all of my formative years (So was Gilby for that matter). His stuff seems contrived, and the little fingerless gloves are so IROC to me.....

Froggystyle
09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
This show rocks. I have some suspicions...
Ryan obviously killed it when he did that song while he was a contestant. Great tune, super-hooky. I like it, but it needs some work to me. I think that the immediate response to it was that it was a hit, and they thought they could parlay his new hit and response into a separate act that they can profit from, so they signed him though the show, are going to release the album and make him a star. That is why he didn't progress. He was booted for no reason considering he was up against that slunt Storm.
That being said, he is on a rocket now if any of his other stuff is that powerful.
Dilana should take it all. Toby is a one trick pony, but I still like him over all of the other guys. I think he has a good sound and great stage presence, but I think that trying to play in front of Tommy for a living is going to dwarf him. Dilana looks the part and is a powerful lead. I hate her original song "SuperSoul" but such is life. If you have Gilby in your band you don't need to be much of a songwriter.
Lukas should be just thanking his lucky stars he isn't panhandling. I can't stand his sound and he doesn't stand a chance of fronting these guys.
Magni was hugely dissapointing tonight. After his performance on the Live song I was impressed and hopeful. He certainly belongs in the final four, but can't front these guys. That being said, I loved his version of Hush tonight.
Whaddya think? I think Dilana takes it if they can handle a chick in the band. Otherwise, Toby is unbeatable by the other two.
Tivo rocks. I got to fast-forward Lukas.

unleashed
09-12-2006, 10:04 PM
I actuallly liked Ryan the best of them all...his rendition of coldplay and depeche mode was great. I knew there was something up when he got booted...by far the most talented IMO. I do not like lucas either...sounds whiney! I would say Toby or Magni! Didnt like any of the chicks to much...at least not to front this band. Dilana is a little different but for some reason she gets on my nerves...I see big things for her later and ofcourse for Ryan but from what I can tell he was already on his way!
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

mmered8299
09-13-2006, 05:12 AM
I haven't herd anything good come out of the Supernova band. All the singers have great talent. They will go somewhere and make it big after the show. I would not want to be apart of the Supernova band. They suck.

H20 Toie
09-13-2006, 06:33 AM
I missed it, but how did the screens look? it was our first night doing this show. for some reason they were unhappy with who was doing it before and called us in this week.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 06:58 AM
I think Simon would be a far better choice of a judge.
I can't even listen the that show.
Brian

Hustler
09-13-2006, 07:13 AM
It's between Toby and Dilana and I just see Toby being a better front for the band. Lucas is really only there for one thing and thats to blow Tommy :p

ChumpChange
09-13-2006, 07:23 AM
It's between Toby and Dilana and I just see Toby being a better front for the band. Lucas is really only there for one thing and thats to blow Tommy :p
I agree and I hope this will be the outcome. I just can't stand watching Dilana. I'm not necessarily a fan of woman lead singers. There are some good ones out there, I just don't see Dilana as one of them. I don't like her sound.

Ziggy
09-13-2006, 07:29 AM
I think they've already decided Toby is gonna be the guy, my guess.
Dilana I couldn't stand earlier but has grown on me. I am/was a HUGE Police fan and her rendition of Roxanne last night was great, it was nice to hear her real voice come thru for a change.
One of my Favs kinda let me down last night, Magni....Hush was good but his own was not exciting. Still, the man is talented.
Lukas needs to crawl back to Ontario and see if any bars will still let him play.

jbtrailerjim
09-13-2006, 07:40 AM
I think Toby will take it. Dilana is real good but I can't stand chick fronted rock bands. If they pick her, I will be really disapointed. Supernova's music I've heard so far sounds good. I just can't stand to even think that a chick will possibly front a band where the other 3 members of the band were in my all time 3 favorite rock bands.

boater72
09-13-2006, 07:43 AM
It's going to be a interesting show tonight.

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 07:48 AM
I think Toby will take it. Dilana is real good but I can't stand chick fronted rock bands. If they pick her, I will be really disapointed. Supernova's music I've heard so far sounds good. I just can't stand to even think that a chick will possibly front a band where the other 3 members of the band were in my all time 3 favorite rock bands.
The reason I prefer strong female leads in bands is that their voices are far more lead-like. Male voices over rock tend to blend into the rhythm more, are usually eclipsed by the bass and lower register of the guitar etc... Female leads usually start a full octave higher than a male lead and can usually hit well over an octave higher without going into a falsetto. You hardly ever write guitar leads that riff around in the bottom end of the guitar, you inevitably slide up the fretboard and start jamming an octave higher. Females can usually sing those notes note for note.
As such, with a female lead, I always wrote a singing accompaniment to any guitar leads I added. It makes for a great, full sound. Especially when you use a male backup vocal, i.e. Evanesence or something.
I would start another band if I thought I could have Dilana sing in front of it. She reminds me of the 80's band Scandal, which did "Goodbye to You". Real strong, lyric-y vocals with rippin guitar.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 07:50 AM
I would start another band if I thought I could have Dilana sing in front of it.
You won't be in it I hope....right?
:) :)
Brian

BshyBvrGirl
09-13-2006, 07:59 AM
I read some gossip the group has already made their decision and that of all people, Lucas takes it. And judging by Gilby's weekly orgasms over the guy...it might just be true.

jbtrailerjim
09-13-2006, 07:59 AM
The reason I prefer strong female leads in bands is that their voices are far more lead-like. Male voices over rock tend to blend into the rhythm more, are usually eclipsed by the bass and lower register of the guitar etc... Female leads usually start a full octave higher than a male lead and can usually hit well over an octave higher without going into a falsetto. You hardly ever write guitar leads that riff around in the bottom end of the guitar, you inevitably slide up the fretboard and start jamming an octave higher. Females can usually sing those notes note for note.
As such, with a female lead, I always wrote a singing accompaniment to any guitar leads I added. It makes for a great, full sound. Especially when you use a male backup vocal, i.e. Evanesence or something.
I would start another band if I thought I could have Dilana sing in front of it. She reminds me of the 80's band Scandal, which did "Goodbye to You". Real strong, lyric-y vocals with rippin guitar.
Oh, Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking her. She is a great vocalist. But I just don't like women fronted rock bands. The only woman fronted rock band that comes to mind that I kinda liked, was Garbage.
I'd like Supernova to put out a lot of albums and stick around for a while. I can't think of any woman fronted rock bands that were hugely successful and stuck around for a while.

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 08:00 AM
You won't be in it I hope....right?
:) :)
Brian
I just started with another band here in San Diego a month ago or so. Feels good to play again since the crash.
Just picked up my mics on Monday. Getting all spooled up to do the lead vocalist/guitar thing again.

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Oh, Don't get me wrong. I'm not knocking her. She is a great vocalist. But I just don't like women fronted rock bands. The only woman fronted rock band that comes to mind that I kinda liked, was Garbage.
I'd like Supernova to put out a lot of albums and stick around for a while. I can't think of any woman fronted rock bands that were hugely successful and stuck around for a while.
More than "woman fronted" Garbage was "Butch Vig backed". He is the hand up the skirt of a lot of great production. He is the biggest reason I almost ended up a music producer instead of a boat builder.
When Bono walks in a room all the girls say "Holy Shit! Bono's here!" When Butch walks in a room, Bono says "Holy Shit... there's Butch Vig!"
Shirley Manson was my favorite lead singer before I laid eyes on Dilana. The short list past there is
Sheryl Crow. Extraordinarily talented, huge voice and playing capability.
Stevie Nicks. Nuf said.
Sammy Hagar. Great tone, songwriting and stage presence. I catch shit for this, but I firmly believe that Van Halen never sounded better than with him in front. DLR was a sideshow.
Dave Matthews. Phenomenal charisma and presence. Great guitar player and awesome stage vibe.

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 08:06 AM
I read some gossip the group has already made their decision and that of all people, Lucas takes it. And judging by Gilby's weekly orgasms over the guy...it might just be true.
That might be a good thing. That way we can see what Dilana has to offer another band. She just needs production and songwriting. I know SuperNova would deliver that.
Maybe Gilby swings both ways. I am positive that Lukas is in this for the dick.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 08:07 AM
I just started with another band here in San Diego a month ago or so. Feels good to play again since the crash.
Just picked up my mics on Monday. Getting all spooled up to do the lead vocalist/guitar thing again.
Crash?
Have earplugs/will travel.
Brian

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Crash?
Have earplugs/will travel.
Brian
Yeah, the reason I retired from the Navy. Parachute? Cut nerves to my left hand? The percieved end to my music career?
I was headed into music production out of the Navy if it wasn't for that incident. The next thing on the plate was boatbuilding.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 08:09 AM
Sheryl Crow. Extraordinarily talented, huge voice and playing capability.
Stevie Nicks. Nuf said.
Sammy Hagar. Great tone, songwriting and stage presence. I catch shit for this, but I firmly believe that Van Halen never sounded better than with him in front. DLR was a sideshow.
Dave Matthews. Phenomenal charisma and presence. Great guitar player and awesome stage vibe.
Sweet.
Hearing Sheryl Crow sing gives me goosebumps

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 08:10 AM
And as far as successful chick-fronted bands, I can't think of any band more important to my generation of Alt-rock cronies than Janes Addiction or Rush.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Yeah, the reason I retired from the Navy. Parachute? Cut nerves to my left hand? The percieved end to my music career?
I was headed into music production out of the Navy if it wasn't for that incident. The next thing on the plate was boatbuilding.
OK crash, I got it.
I knew about the parachute accident. I was just thinking an auto crash, not an earth crash.
That must have really jacked you up. I figured you just broke serious bones or something.
Brian

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 08:12 AM
Quite a plate.
Brian

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 08:31 AM
OK crash, I got it.
I knew about the parachute accident. I was just thinking an auto crash, not an earth crash.
That must have really jacked you up. I figured you just broke serious bones or something.
Brian
Yeah, I used to joke about getting "decelleration sickness".
Broke the head off of the Ulna, powdered the scaffoid, broke the Lunate, Triquetrum and a carpal bone. Additionally, all of the ligaments that hold those bones together were toast, so nothing really holds my hand together now. I would have been on pain meds for the rest of my life, had them fuse my wrist (absolutely no chance of ever playing guitar again) or try this new proceedure called a "Peri-interstitial neurectomy) in which they cut the nerve going to your wrist. So, they cut the nerve, pinned everything back together and went from there... X-Rays look like the bargain table at Home Depot with all of the staples, screws and pins. Suprising how industrial some of that shit looks. That isn't even getting into the left foot... same deal mostly, except for three spiral-fractured metatarsals and a broken Calcaneous
Nerve gone, pain mostly abated, arthritis deluxe, playing guitar again 7 years later...

Tequila-John
09-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Broke the head off of the Ulna, powdered the scaffoid, broke the Lunate, Triquetrum and a carpal bone. Additionally, all of the ligaments that hold those bones together were toast, so nothing really holds my hand together now. I would have been on pain meds for the rest of my life, had them fuse my wrist (absolutely no chance of ever playing guitar again) or try this new proceedure called a "Peri-interstitial neurectomy) in which they cut the nerve going to your wrist. So, they cut the nerve, pinned everything back together and went from there... X-Rays look like the bargain table at Home Depot with all of the staples, screws and pins. Suprising how industrial some of that shit looks. That isn't even getting into the left foot... same deal mostly, except for three spiral-fractured metatarsals and a broken Calcaneous
Nerve gone, pain mostly abated, arthritis deluxe, playing guitar again 7 years later...
Great story bud

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 08:56 AM
I figured it was severe, since you were out of the military, didn't know how bad.
Deceleration sickness really sucks, been there.
If it is any of my business...Did you come up "short" on a jump, paracute failure.....something else? I know you said before it was a night jump.
What good does cutting the nerve do? No pain report to the brain maybe?
Don't ever look into a bone doctors' toolbox.
Brian

LaveyOne
09-13-2006, 09:07 AM
That might be a good thing. That way we can see what Dilana has to offer another band. She just needs production and songwriting. I know SuperNova would deliver that.
Maybe Gilby swings both ways. I am positive that Lukas is in this for the dick.
:D :p :D
First off, congrats on being able to play again. It would've been terrible to not be able to do something that you love.
Second, I have to agree w/ FS and most of what he's said (Disagree about the VH/DLR part.) Dilana is a very strong front-person w/ the chops to hang with T.Lee and the boys and I think she'll take it tonight. Didn't think she could keep it together after her "mistake," but she came back and rocked it hard last night. Also, Lukas is a fag that sounds like he's choking on something BIG !!! :eek:
BTW, what happened to Jason Newsted?!? Since leaving Metallica, he seems to have transformed into "Opie Cunningham" and is coming off pretty goofy, IMO. :notam: Still an awesome bass player, though ...

Froggystyle
09-13-2006, 10:50 PM
I am so not going to...
A) Buy any of their shit
B) Go see them in concert
C) Ever buy a Lucas oil product again (sounds too close...)
or
D) Ever underestimate the stupidity of the masses.
I still smell conspiracy. I think those money-grubbing producers saw more money in what Dilana is about to accomplish than in what Supernova has in front of them. She is going to end up on top of this pile, because in a couple of years, she will be a one-word household name and Supernova will be something you see on "where are they now" on VH1. When searching for them on google, type in "Homosexual fronted rock bands".
I am going to figure out how to write Dilana a letter and send her my songs. I see this as an opportunity.
Lu... Luc....
I can't even say it. He puts the "ass" in though.
Gong. What a big suck.
I guess Darryl has some pretty good scoop though... I would have bet a lot of money against it though.

wsuwrhr
09-13-2006, 11:05 PM
How do you REALLY feel about it?
Brian
that is some funny shit right there
I am so not going to...
A) Buy any of their shit
B) Go see them in concert
or
D) Ever underestimate the stupidity of the masses.
I still smell conspiracy. I think those money-grubbing producers saw more money in what Dilana is about to accomplish than in what Supernova has in front of them. She is going to end up on top of this pile, because in a couple of years, she will be a one-word household name and Supernova will be something you see on "where are they now" on VH1. When searching for them on google, type in "Homosexual fronted rock bands".
I am going to figure out how to write Dilana a letter and send her my songs. I see this as an opportunity.
Lu... Luc....
I can't even say it. He puts the "ass" in though.
Gong. What a big suck.
I guess Darryl has some pretty good scoop though... I would have bet a lot of money against it though.

JustMVG
09-13-2006, 11:06 PM
This Supernova show totally lost me last night, sorry, Lu... Luu well you know that POS, i am convinced the show was rigged by the band, when it came time for the big reveal, that Lu Lu ... Well you know... did any of you watching notice that the sound was not matching what was on screen? I watched closely and i noticed that the sound was not live and sounded recorded, no live background noises no crowd noise, and the camera angles always strayed away from the action no closeups of Lu Lu singing just quick jumpshots from angle to angle. While i think there was a better singer in any one of these three Dilana Toby and Magni who i thought had the thing won, Tommy Lee i think had a problem with a an ego that might have been bigger than his and did not like being one upped, Magni had voiced his opinion and displeasure at TL a few times and i think that sealed his fate with the band, Dilana has a very strong personality and that might have caused some clashes too, Toby just lacked a little something. But whatever thats just this Gumby's opinion, the INXS Rockstar might have been rigged but at least it seemed to be a contest that came right down to the end, and they made the right choice in my opinion, but like others i am not going to buy the album or go to a show and we'll see how much airplay they get, heck there's no KNAC to play the stuff so they just might be another tax write off for T Lee and band.

JustMVG
09-13-2006, 11:14 PM
Let me add that the INXS show had the new singer live and was caught live and you could see that they were playing live, last night was BS......

shueman
09-14-2006, 12:27 AM
Def. was not a "live" broadcast.... :crossx:
CBS ran a teaser for the new Survivor, before the final vote by TL, and the background music was Lukas singing that new cut.... :220v:
I'll go to the tour show just to see the House Band....they ROCKED... :cool:

wsuwrhr
09-14-2006, 12:34 AM
Oops maybe?
Brian
CBS ran a teaser for the new Survivor, before the final vote by TL, and the background music was Lukas singing that new cut....

tcook33
09-14-2006, 05:56 AM
CBS ran a teaser for the new Survivor, before the final vote by TL, and the background music was Lukas singing that new cut.... :220v:
He was singing "headspin" in the Survivor teaser (at least the one I saw, there might be more than 1).

superdave013
09-14-2006, 06:12 AM
Dilana was the real winner last night.
She gets to do a solo CD with Dave and Gilby helping. That just might kick start her just enough more to make it really happen.
Lukas at best will get to front a so so band for a few years until they just go away. Or more likely they'll find that freak OD'd in his hotel room on day.
I'm telling ya I liked the rockers original stuff way better then any of SuperNova's originals.

Dan Lorenze
09-14-2006, 06:24 AM
I worked on the INXS Rockstar finale last season, and only one day of this seasons Supernova. What they do is they take the finalists and have them rehearse with the band so when the winner is announced the band will come up and play with them. If you've heard a performance of Lucas, it was probably recorded during rehearsals. The finale starts taping at 6am and ends somewhere around noon so that Mark Burnett can start cutting the show and have enough time to make the east coast time slot. So, it's not truly live.. Don't quote me because I wasn't there but that how they normally shoot the show when they kicked someone off.. I'm with those who think it's all decided before they even roll tape.. Lucas does have a great voice, I just wish he wold tone down his image, he looks like he's trying too hard.. Just my .02
One cool observation I noticed about the cast.. While Tommy drove an AMG to the studio and Dave drove his black H2, Gilby drove his 69' Elk... Very cool... I like that..

Caribbean Jet
09-14-2006, 06:38 AM
I've recently heard that they're probably not going to be able to use the name Supernova. There was a Punk band out of Orange county some time ago that had the name first. Here is the artical.
Article tools
Printer friendly
Font: * * * *
Supernova has a new lead singer – and it will soon have a new name.
A judge has ordered the band to change its name because an established rock group named Supernova already exists.
"The ruling is a major victory for Supernova," the original Supernova's attorney, John Mizhir Jr., told Billboard. "This is sweet justice. The order also proves that the law does not discriminate. The band members have worked hard for the past 17 years to establish the name Supernova and they are entitled to continue to perform without any other parties – large or small – infringing on their rights."
The ruling came down just as the season finale of Rock Star: Supernova was being taped nearby.
The original Supernova, created in 1989, has released four albums and contributed the song "Chewbacca"
to the Clerks soundtrack.

HammerDown
09-14-2006, 09:37 AM
.. Lucas does have a great voice, .....
You are BS'ing here ...I hope.
That cat sucks at best.

ChumpChange
09-14-2006, 09:39 AM
You are BS'ing here ...I hope.
That cat sucks at best.
What's up with his licking his two fingers and waving too? Does that mean something or is it just his stupid attitude?

superdave013
09-14-2006, 09:42 AM
I've recently heard that they're probably not going to be able to use the name Supernova. There was a Punk band out of Orange county some time ago that had the name first. Here is the artical.
Article tools
Printer friendly
Font: * * * *
Supernova has a new lead singer – and it will soon have a new name.
A judge has ordered the band to change its name because an established rock group named Supernova already exists.
"The ruling is a major victory for Supernova," the original Supernova's attorney, John Mizhir Jr., told Billboard. "This is sweet justice. The order also proves that the law does not discriminate. The band members have worked hard for the past 17 years to establish the name Supernova and they are entitled to continue to perform without any other parties – large or small – infringing on their rights."
The ruling came down just as the season finale of Rock Star: Supernova was being taped nearby.
The original Supernova, created in 1989, has released four albums and contributed the song "Chewbacca"
to the Clerks soundtrack.
I've been waiting for this to pop up. I've seen the OG supernova before.
Good for them to be stepping up because there is NO WAY IN HELL that those 3 have not heard of the first supernova before.

unleashed
09-14-2006, 10:00 AM
I plug my ears when Lucas sings...Can anyone understand what hes singing about??? Dilana will make it big even though I personally dont care for her. Her voice is definitly strong kinda like the chick from Heart. Toby is just so-so! Magni has the strongest voice out of all of them and I could acually understand what he's singing about. Sounds like the singer of live...powerful! There was something lacking from his stage presence though and that hurt him. My favorite was Ryan Starr but last night I dont think he sounded taht hot..maybe its just his song. Anyhow this was a good show with some good talent better than American Idol IMO. My daughter thinks Lucas and Dave Navarro look like bratz dolls...she thinks they should package them and sell them in Target! LOL
Oh and Tommy Lee looks extremely strung out...he's a train wreck waiting to happen in this band. Im sure Lucas will be blowing him in no time! LOL
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:

Screaming Pete
09-14-2006, 10:06 AM
Oh and Tommy Lee looks extremely strung out...he's a train wreck waiting to happen in this band. Im sure Lucas will be blowing him in no time! LOL
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :crossx:[/QUOTE]
Nice Deano.....lOL

JustMVG
09-14-2006, 03:28 PM
Love the Bratz dolls thing, funny stuff, true though

havaduner
09-14-2006, 03:36 PM
I thought Lucas would make it to the final show, and be the first of the final three to leave. I liked Dilana, but I thought they would pick Toby based ion the fact most of the females in the audience would cream thier pants everytime he was onstage.