PDA

View Full Version : Jerky recipes

Kokopelli
08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
We just bought a dehydrator and want to make jerky. Does anybody have some good jerky recipes? We like spicy!
Thanks,

RitcheyRch
08-09-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm interested in some recipes as well. I buy so much jerky at the store so would be nice to make my own.

Debbolas
08-09-2006, 04:36 PM
IMHO
Shelton's Poultry has the best Turkey Jerky....available in many flavors :D
Shelton's Jerky (http://www.sheltons.com/cgi-bin/sheltons/search.html?mv_search_file=products&mv_search_field=description&mv_search_field=details&mv_search_field=sku&mv_search_field=Ingreds&mv_search_page=sresults&mv_searchspec=Jerky)

76ANTHONY
08-09-2006, 04:58 PM
We just bought a dehydrator and want to make jerky. Does anybody have some good jerky recipes? We like spicy!
Thanks,
yeah i got a recipe for ya, :crossx: :crossx:

voodoomedman
08-09-2006, 05:26 PM
IMHO
Shelton's Poultry has the best Turkey Jerky....available in many flavors :D
Shelton's Jerky (http://www.sheltons.com/cgi-bin/sheltons/search.html?mv_search_file=products&mv_search_field=description&mv_search_field=details&mv_search_field=sku&mv_search_field=Ingreds&mv_search_page=sresults&mv_searchspec=Jerky)
Yeah somebody on here owns that place. Support ***boat members!!!! :D :rollside:

stompnstang
08-09-2006, 06:23 PM
Thanks,
damnnnn damnnn dammnnn
i have the site on favs at home that i always use they have great stuff.. i use a smoker and do alot of deer,bear, goose, you name it and use there stuff alot and there cheap too.. ill post the adddy once i get home

Kokopelli
08-10-2006, 05:58 AM
Thanks stomp,
I thought more people would be making their own jerky...

DeeCandyBar
08-10-2006, 06:09 AM
http://www.shareasale.com/image/tee-whackoffmaterial.gif

stompnstang
08-10-2006, 09:26 AM
now that i got home and looked cant find the link ill call pops and ask him he is the one that hhoked me up to the site......

Debbolas
08-10-2006, 09:38 AM
Thanks,
Scream was trying to talk me into a smoker (about as big as our guest bathroom) :rolleyes:
Scream <--------- "But we can smoke our own bacon" :rolleyes:
THANK GOD it wouldn't fit in the car :D

RiverToysJas
08-10-2006, 09:44 AM
Scream was trying to talk me into a smoker (about as big as our guest bathroom) :rolleyes:
Scream <--------- "But we can smoke our own bacon" :rolleyes:
THANK GOD it wouldn't fit in the car :D
"Scream......Wanna-be bacon smoker."
"Scream.....Smokin' bacon in the guest bathroom."
"Scream.....Smokes his own bacon."
Sorry, I'm just testing out catch phrases in case I do OP6 shirts again in the future! :crossx:
RTJas :D

Havasteve
08-10-2006, 01:08 PM
www.thesmokering.com
Ask a Pit Master

Debbolas
08-10-2006, 02:11 PM
"Scream......Wanna-be bacon smoker."
"Scream.....Smokin' bacon in the guest bathroom."
"Scream.....Smokes his own bacon."
Sorry, I'm just testing out catch phrases in case I do OP6 shirts again in the future! :crossx:
RTJas :D
LMAO!!
I like this one the best "Scream.....Smokes his own bacon."
jeeze, I love the guy but he buys smokers and BBQ's the way most women buy shoes!! :rolleyes:

voodoomedman
08-10-2006, 02:21 PM
LMAO!!
I like this one the best "Scream.....Smokes his own bacon."
jeeze, I love the guy but he buys smokers and BBQ's the way most women buy shoes!! :rolleyes:It's all about the deal I got at Sam's club. Big a$$ stainless bbq in a very nice island cabinet with granite inserts and it comes with the rotisserie with infrared backburner and the smoker drawer and everything. Tell Scream to go get it and be done with it. Well until the China made thing doesn't work in 5-10 years. :D

Debbolas
08-10-2006, 02:25 PM
It's all about the deal I got at Sam's club. Big a$$ stainless bbq in a very nice island cabinet with granite inserts and it comes with the rotisserie with infrared backburner and the smoker drawer and everything. Tell Scream to go get it and be done with it. Well until the China made thing doesn't work in 5-10 years. :D
He Has been cutting down, I think we only have about 3-4 BBQ's now instead of the 6 or 7 we use to have.....
Webber
Fireplace (that doubles as a BBQ)
Gas
another Webber
Red Smoker (that doubles as a BBQ)
and I'm not counting the little propane ones in the RV or the one up at the trailer :rolleyes:
I would like a built in one with tile and everything, plappas, fridge, sink, tv :D

Scream
08-10-2006, 03:41 PM
For the record, the red smoker went into the dumpster last year when we remodeled the kitchen...
As for my addiction to BBQ's, I must admit that I have somewhat of a problem.. I'm not actually obsessive about them...but I'm certainly compulsive when it comes to buying them.
I can't help myself.
At Lowe's they have JennAir Stainless setups that I want to get in the interim until I can build my back yard Palapa w/ keg-a-rator, fridge, TV, yada yada yada...Oh and an Ice Maker...ooooohhhh yea
Scream <----really would like to smoke his own bacon!

Scream
08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Back on Topic
Jerky recepie.
Soy Sauce 3 cups, Brown Sugar 1 cup packed, garlic 2 cloves minced, pepper to taste. Citrus juice works well also, I'd add a bit of lemon as an acid.
Cut your meat, which should be the leanest non edible stuff you can buy, to approx 1/4 inch thickness. Weigh the meat before marinating. Marinate the meat in the sauce for 24 hours. spread the meat on the screens, add the pepper and dry. You want to end up with no more than 31% of the original weight of the meat BEFORE MARINATING. This is important. If you get it too wet, it will allow bacteria and mold to begin growing, which is NOT GOOD.
Substitute soy sauce for terriyaki and give it a cup or so of pineapple juice for a terriyaki flavor...mmm I love Jerky
The best jerky you can make is one of your own design. Don't be affraid to experiment, the meat you use is usually shoe leather anyway.
Good luck and have fun with it.
Scream

YeLLowBoaT
08-10-2006, 03:51 PM
.30-06
Hunting lic
deer tag
meat slicer
Salt water brine
The best jerky you will ever have...