PDA

View Full Version : Wow Pouring right now in Havi

shadow
08-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Wind just kicked up and started pouring.
Temp dropped from about 109 degrees to 80 degrees in the last 1/2 hr.

Todd969
08-09-2006, 05:13 PM
No SH!T, we are getting hit really good down south.

shadow
08-09-2006, 05:16 PM
No SH!T, we are getting hit really good down south.
Then it's covering the whole town cause it's pouring over here on the north side,Thermometer is below 80 now with thunder in the distance.
Too bad you don't have your new Rhino now,could be fun.

MRSDRMCAT
08-09-2006, 05:16 PM
WOW...hope everyone is gong to be ok on the water!!

blown dough
08-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Thats just great, we are leavin in a while and towin our boat back because we brought it home for some stereo stuff. Keep me posted I can go online from the truck.

Kilrtoy
08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
Yep dropped from 112 to 77, it is raining so hard it hurts when it hits you, Have never seen it rain this hard

shadow
08-09-2006, 05:20 PM
WOW...hope everyone is gong to be ok on the water!!
Anyone on the water now is getting hammered.Just hope they remember to turn on their bildge pumps.

shadow
08-09-2006, 05:22 PM
Thats just great, we are leavin in a while and towin our boat back because we brought it home for some stereo stuff. Keep me posted I can go online from the truck.
The last i heard we were expecting showers through the night and then clearing.Looks like they just hit early.
Usually doesn't last all that long,maybe a couple of hours.

Ziggy
08-09-2006, 05:27 PM
What a summer out there this year.........
Getting cloudy in San Diego Co. too...Think they said we have T-Storm possiblities the next day or so......sucks cuz I got BBQ tile work to do this weekend :mad:

Kilrtoy
08-09-2006, 05:30 PM
Here you go, to help out MR DOUGH
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF NORTHWEST
ARIZONA...CALIFORNIA AND SOUTHERN NEVADA.
.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS WILL OCCUR TODAY IN MOHAVE COUNTY ARIZONA AND CLARK
COUNTY NEVADA. THE PRIMARY THREAT FOR THE MOHAVE COUNTY STORMS
WILL BE HEAVY RAIN AND POSSIBLE LOCAL FLOODING. IN CLARK COUNTY
THE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG OUTFLOW
WINDS.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY
AFTERNOON AND EVENING TTHUNDERSTORMSARE EXPECTED IN SOUTHER NEVADA
SOUTHEAST CALIFORNIA AND NORTHWEST ARIZONA EACH DAY TROUGH
SATURDAY AND MOISTURE MONSOON AIR OVERLAYS THESE AREAS. DRY IS
EXPECTED SUNDAY ONWARDS

blown dough
08-09-2006, 05:31 PM
The last i heard we were expecting showers through the night and then clearing.Looks like they just hit early.
Usually doesn't last all that long,maybe a couple of hours.
thanks!!!!!!!!

shueman
08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
Looks like things will dry out by Mon :cool: .....we'll be there all week....don't need to stormin' goin' on.... :crossx:

Not So Fast
08-09-2006, 05:35 PM
Thats really strange, we are lakeside at PVN and I can count the drops there are so few. NSF

No Name
08-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Here you go, to help out MR DOUGH
THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR PORTIONS OF NORTHWEST
ARIZONA...CALIFORNIA AND SOUTHERN NEVADA.
.DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT
THUNDERSTORMS WILL OCCUR TODAY IN MOHAVE COUNTY ARIZONA AND CLARK
COUNTY NEVADA. THE PRIMARY THREAT FOR THE MOHAVE COUNTY STORMS
WILL BE HEAVY RAIN AND POSSIBLE LOCAL FLOODING. IN CLARK COUNTY
THE STORMS WILL BE CAPABLE OF HEAVY RAIN AND STRONG OUTFLOW
WINDS.
.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY
AFTERNOON AND EVENING TTHUNDERSTORMSARE EXPECTED IN SOUTHER NEVADA
SOUTHEAST CALIFORNIA AND NORTHWEST ARIZONA EACH DAY TROUGH
SATURDAY AND MOISTURE MONSOON AIR OVERLAYS THESE AREAS. DRY IS
EXPECTED SUNDAY ONWARDS
I’m glad we planed our trip last week, weather was perfect the whole time we were there. :cool:
See ya in Sept. :)

Todd969
08-09-2006, 05:38 PM
Then it's covering the whole town cause it's pouring over here on the north side,Thermometer is below 80 now with thunder in the distance.
Too bad you don't have your new Rhino now,could be fun.
What new rhino? I make my own trends not follow them.
BTW it's still raining here.

shadow
08-09-2006, 05:57 PM
What new rhino? I make my own trends not follow them.
BTW it's still raining here.
You buy a Polaris or Artic cat You'll be following me. :rollside:

Todd969
08-09-2006, 06:04 PM
Just took this, Pretty
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/1634101_0747.JPG

Todd969
08-09-2006, 06:08 PM
You buy a Polaris or Artic cat You'll be following me. :rollside:
I'd follow you anyway, better to watch you get stuck before me :p

Throttle
08-09-2006, 06:32 PM
we need more rain.... however I came back to oc last nite, have to work some shifts :cry:

blown dough
08-09-2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks for all the info we were just gettin ready to leave and were are towin are boat back, but now they hubby said no way, we are leavin at the butt crack of dawn. Its goin to be a bad hair day!!!!!!!

Havasu_Dreamin
08-09-2006, 07:05 PM
WTF!?!?!?! Always rains when I'm not there!

RiverRatMike
08-09-2006, 07:11 PM
pretty good storm, recorded 0.26 inches of rain here at my place in Havi. The lightning and thunder too was bitchin. Too bad it all happened in the day time, good have captured some really good bolts.

lalhc
08-09-2006, 07:16 PM
It ended being a beautiful sunset after the storm. It's calm as can be on the North side of Havi.

slowinhavasu
08-09-2006, 07:17 PM
WTF!?!?!?! Always rains when I'm not there!
I made the mistake of stopping by the Ice House on the way to the market,(needed a beer or three ) while driving the jeep with no windows...got freekin hammered....best storm so far this year.....had a river running down Cherry Tree....needless to say groceries and I got all wet.....and the jeep is stuffed under the front of the house....
Roses were a nice touch :rollside:

RiverRatMike
08-09-2006, 07:27 PM
my steet after the rain
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16332&stc=1
severe t-storm moving Southeast towards Parker
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16333&stc=1

Mrs.Racer277
08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
WOW. Is it still raining??

lalhc
08-09-2006, 07:38 PM
No more rain

Mrs.Racer277
08-09-2006, 07:42 PM
No more rain
Never seems to last that long. :)

Havasu1986
08-09-2006, 07:48 PM
At least I know my palm trees are getting plenty of water. What is the forecast for this weekend. Since I'm by myself this weekend, I was thinking of getting a slip at L.H. Marina? What do you guys think?

RiverRatMike
08-09-2006, 07:49 PM
WOW. Is it still raining??
Not at the moment but some very strong bolts of lightning out over Parker right now. Some of these bolts are staying lit for 2 seconds. WOW! Very cool to watch.

Mrs.Racer277
08-09-2006, 08:00 PM
Not at the moment but some very strong bolts of lightning out over Parker right now. Some of these bolts are staying lit for 2 seconds. WOW! Very cool to watch.
Hope it is not as bad as that friday night storm we drove thru. :yuk:
I hope you are taking pics. :)

Throttle
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
just got a call from shebus and they got stuck in rain for a couple hours at da turtle with da boat.... all seemed better now :rollside:

phebus
08-10-2006, 04:57 AM
We got hammered. That was one of the worst storms I have ever been through. One more drink at the Turtle before we head in was a bad idea.
Thanks to Cory (Blackcloud) for helping me hold the boat on the beach. The bilge pumps were running constantly, and we passed two sunk boats on the way back to the Marina from the Turtle. The boat has standing water in all my ski lockers (4), and there is lake grass and sand all over the boat. The freakin thing stinks!! Lots of clen up to do, but guess what, what a fun day I had, I'm just glad my boat didn't sink!!!

Not So Fast
08-10-2006, 07:14 AM
We got hammered. That was one of the worst storms I have ever been through. One more drink at the Turtle before we head in was a bad idea.
Thanks to Cory (Blackcloud) for helping me hold the boat on the beach. The bilge pumps were running constantly, and we passed two sunk boats on the way back to the Marina from the Turtle. The boat has standing water in all my ski lockers (4), and there is lake grass and sand all over the boat. The freakin thing stinks!! Lots of clen up to do, but guess what, what a fun day I had, I'm just glad my boat didn't sink!!!
I guess T storms are like that Rick! You know where we live and I swear there was virtually no rain at our house whatsoever (PVN Lakeside of 95) The steets are as clean as can be, I can't believe the pictures posted with the rock and dirt running down the street, my son called and said he was getting hammered on the south end and didnt believe me when i told him it was not raining up here, go figure. Hope its nice on the water today cause we're going out

INSman
08-10-2006, 07:22 AM
Sure hope my CoolDeck job from Monday had enough time to cure before the rain :220v: :mad:

Mrs.Racer277
08-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Scary. Glad to hear you made it back safe.

lawbreaker2
08-10-2006, 07:24 AM
Funny, last year it never stoped raining over here, this year very little rain over my house, but east of cleveland has been getting hard this year, I have not had rain in at least 3 weeks.

Kilrtoy
08-10-2006, 09:28 AM
See what happens when you drink and boat, you could have just called and we could have hit the firehouse

phebus
08-10-2006, 01:03 PM
See what happens when you drink and boat, you could have just called and we could have hit the firehouse
That's where we finished the day. Of course :D

Newcastle
08-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Thanks to Cory (Blackcloud) for helping me hold the boat on the beach.
All you damn firemen stick together :D

Throttle
08-10-2006, 02:33 PM
That's where we finished the day. Of course :D
I thought you were coming to oc today, guess not...

Havasu1986
08-10-2006, 02:52 PM
That was yesterday.He's in the O.C. today for Doc Appt.