PDA

View Full Version : For the record...

Froggystyle
08-09-2006, 05:45 PM
"Martinez Horseshoe Tournament" is code-word for "sausage party" I guess.
Evidently, women are not allowed to these events, so the three women that were there were a little stand-offish towards the 1000+ men....
I had a friend who was in the Martinez bar on Saturday night who did an actual count. The place was completely packed, no one else was allowed in because of fire codes and he counted 14 chicks total. Three worth approaching, each with no less than 6 suitors at any given time.
I hate horseshoes now... :mad:

riverroyal
08-09-2006, 05:46 PM
I believe martinez lake in german means,SWORD FIGHT.place has never changed

Froggystyle
08-09-2006, 05:53 PM
Not true in the slightest... We have been there several times this year and it was WAY more bangin than Havasu without a lot of the pretense. It is a great, great crowd who values the spot and acts like they care.
Maybe you like horseshoes or something... ;)

Froggystyle
08-09-2006, 06:00 PM
good,its changed then,I remember the bar there was brutal if you brought a wife or girlfriend.Also true you need a 100k boat in havasu to get quality ladies,like a BENZ in OC :boxed:
With Martinez, personality still gets you a long way. Our boat is pretty big there, though there are some larger ones jammed onto sandbars up and down the river on occasion.
I guess the deal was, unbenownced to me that the Horseshoe tourney is known as the "guys" weekend there. We had Avenger Babe and Audrey with us, so that pretty much took 20% of the attending women off the table. Nobody was disrespectful at all, but there were a decidedly large amount of drunk guys clearly not concerned with hooking up... :D

riverroyal
08-09-2006, 06:02 PM
With Martinez, personality still gets you a long way. Our boat is pretty big there, though there are some larger ones jammed onto sandbars up and down the river on occasion.
I guess the deal was, unbenownced to me that the Horseshoe tourney is known as the "guys" weekend there. We had Avenger Babe and Audrey with us, so that pretty much took 20% of the attending women off the table. Nobody was disrespectful at all, but there were a decidedly large amount of drunk guys clearly not concerned with hooking up... :D
NOT concerned with hooking up,,,,,thats just wrong

Tom Brown
08-09-2006, 06:05 PM
You know Wes, I'll bet the revolution would be popular with gay men. It has been my experience that gay men have exquisite aesthetic taste. :idea:

HavasuSelect
08-09-2006, 07:15 PM
good,its changed then,I remember the bar there was brutal if you brought a wife or girlfriend.Also true you need a 100k boat in havasu to get quality ladies,like a BENZ in OC :boxed:
There's your problem. Your standards are too high. "Quality ladies" are over rated.

blown dough
08-09-2006, 07:18 PM
A 100k boat gets a quality lady, wow my hubby should have 3.5 ladies, I hopw he doesn't know that.

riverroyal
08-09-2006, 07:26 PM
kinda sounded like a A hole,it just sounded wrong,so I deleted it.What I was saying is that havasu has become a expensive boat kinda place,kinda like oc is a expensive car place.That better?

HavasuSelect
08-09-2006, 07:30 PM
You didn't seem like an A-Hole to me, I understood what you were saying.

riverroyal
08-09-2006, 07:32 PM
like if you didnt own a expensive boat your lady wasnt quailty,which isnt true,it just typed wrong.....im slow today,my liver hurts from 5 days at the lake

AvengerBabe
08-09-2006, 08:18 PM
:rolleyes: It amazes me that we can all share the same love for boats, the river, and fun times and somehow snobbery gets rolled into it... :yuk:

riverroyal
08-09-2006, 08:24 PM
:rolleyes: It amazes me that we can all share the same love for boats, the river, and fun times and somehow snobbery gets rolled into it... :yuk:
huh,,I was just saying that martinez was always mostly guys.WAS,froggy corrected me.I havent been in years.Not sure how thats being a snob,I actually always enjoyed martinez,fishers,and imperial,or hidden shore now.We just dont go there anymore,thats all :rollside:

AvengerBabe
08-09-2006, 08:28 PM
huh,,I was just saying that martinez was always mostly guys.WAS,froggy corrected me.I havent been in years.Not sure how thats being a snob,I actually always enjoyed martinez,fishers,and imperial,or hidden shore now.We just dont go there anymore,thats all :rollside:
Gotcha, my bad :rollside: ... That's a shame you don't make it down our way anymore... If you ever do, I've got a cold one for ya

riverroyal
08-09-2006, 08:30 PM
Gotcha, my bad :rollside: ... That's a shame you don't make it down our way anymore... If you ever do, I've got a cold one for ya
well if you ever head north we have a few also.I will say,the lower river is the best place ive been for pwc use,dont own any now,but that place has great secret coves

JB in so cal
08-10-2006, 12:17 PM
Gawdam, Royal. Can't you play nice??!!