PDA

View Full Version : Opinions From Law Enforcement

Wizard29
08-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Is it illegal in California to carry a loaded, concealed CO2 BB gun on your person in public?
I was debating this with one of my guys in my shop and he swears up and down it is because it qualifies as a firearm (12020 PC).
Having been in law enforcement in the past, I know that a CO2 BB gun does not qualify as a firearm, a prohibited weapon, nor an assault weapon. As such, it is my opinion that it could legally be carried concealed upon one's person. You could get 417 or 245 if you were to use it the wrong way, but that's about it.
Any sections I am unaware of that would prohibit carrying one concealed?Never ran across that when I was in the field...

probablecause
08-09-2006, 07:22 PM
Is it illegal in California to carry a loaded, concealed CO2 BB gun on your person in public?
I was debating this with one of my guys in my shop and he swears up and down it is because it qualifies as a firearm (12020 PC).
Having been in law enforcement in the past, I know that a CO2 BB gun does not qualify as a firearm, a prohibited weapon, nor an assault weapon. As such, it is my opinion that it could legally be carried concealed upon one's person. You could get 417 or 245 if you were to use it the wrong way, but that's about it.
Any sections I am unaware of that would prohibit carrying one concealed?Never ran across that when I was in the field...
I agree. But I would still dump you if you reached for it.

Big_Gunz_
08-09-2006, 07:31 PM
You are correct, it's legal but a stupid thing to do. Anybody wanting to carry a loaded concealed BB gun in public is looking to get "black holed" or even "air mailed" some lead. And yes, I would also reduce someones blood pressure if they pulled it out.

Mrs.Killer
08-09-2006, 07:47 PM
Lets ask L R 2, he is all knowing. I mean , he is a big time LAPD cock rider....

Parker Dreamin
08-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Cant we all just get along........ :argue:

MRSDRMCAT
08-09-2006, 07:58 PM
Oh no ...........here we go again!!

Mrs.Killer
08-09-2006, 08:03 PM
Give him a few hours, he will be on here putting all L E down. :yuk:

Wizard29
08-09-2006, 08:14 PM
I agree. But I would still dump you if you reached for it.
Oh yeah. Without a doubt. When I was pushing a black and white, I would have done the same.
Is LR2 not a huge fan of the po-po?

Kilrtoy
08-09-2006, 08:31 PM
This outta cover it for ya and most cities and county have specific codes in regards to BB/pellet guns
12001. (a) (1) As used in this title, the terms "pistol,"
"revolver," and "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person"
shall apply to and include any device designed to be used as a
weapon, from which is expelled a projectile by the force of any
explosion, or other form of combustion, and that has a barrel less
than 16 inches in length. These terms also include any device that
has a barrel 16 inches or more in length which is designed to be
interchanged with a barrel less than 16 inches in length.
(2) As used in this title, the term "handgun" means any "pistol,"
"revolver," or "firearm capable of being concealed upon the person."
(b) As used in this title, "firearm" means any device, designed to
be used as a weapon, from which is expelled through a barrel a
projectile by the force of any explosion or other form of combustion.
(c) As used in Sections 12021, 12021.1, 12070, 12071, 12072,
12073, 12078, 12101, and 12801 of this code, and Sections 8100, 8101,
and 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, the term "firearm"
includes the frame or receiver of the weapon.
(d) For the purposes of Sections 12025 and 12031, the term
"firearm" also shall include any rocket, rocket propelled projectile
launcher, or similar device containing any explosive or incendiary
material whether or not the device is designed for emergency or
distress signaling purposes.
(e) For purposes of Sections 12070, 12071, and paragraph (8) of
subdivision (a), and subdivisions (b), (c), (d), and (f) of Section
12072, the term "firearm" does not include an unloaded firearm that
is defined as an "antique firearm" in Section 921(a)(16) of Title 18
of the United States Code.
(f) Nothing shall prevent a device defined as a "handgun,"
"pistol," "revolver," or "firearm capable of being concealed upon the
person" from also being found to be a short-barreled shotgun or a
short-barreled rifle, as defined in Section 12020.
(g) For purposes of Sections 12551 and 12552, the term "BB device"
means any instrument that expels a projectile, such as a BB or a
pellet, not exceeding 6mm caliber, through the force of air pressure,
gas pressure, or spring action, or any spot marker gun.

lil man wayne
08-09-2006, 08:31 PM
That lowriver guy is a real cop and i think works in a firearms division while that kilr guy is the school police who thinks he is a real police officer but in reality rides up on the hand me down lapd police bike bmw and just kicks down the doors on the local spicoli kids who decide to skip out on school. :argue: :rollside: :rollside: :crossx:

blown dough
08-09-2006, 08:33 PM
uh oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

probablecause
08-09-2006, 08:35 PM
Lets ask L R 2, he is all knowing. I mean , he is a big time LAPD cock rider....
A classic from a classic!

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 08:35 PM
That lowriver guy is a real cop and i think works in a firearms division while that kilr guy is the school police who thinks he is a real police officer but in reality rides up on the hand me down lapd police bike bmw and just kicks down the doors on the local spicoli kids who decide to skip out on school. :argue: :rollside: :rollside: :crossx:
Pretty lonely out there in Colorado huh ? :)

lil man wayne
08-09-2006, 08:37 PM
Pretty lonely out there in Colorado huh ? :)
Yup but the local coors brewery is nearby.

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 08:39 PM
Yup but the local coors brewery is nearby.
What time do you start greeting at Walmart in the morning?

Mrs.Killer
08-09-2006, 08:41 PM
And you know Kilr how. Did L R 2 tell you all about him when he was tea bagging you. Do you perfer sugar or cream?

SHOTKALLIN
08-09-2006, 08:42 PM
Here we go again. :rolleyes:

blown dough
08-09-2006, 08:43 PM
And you know Kilr how. Did L R 2 tell you all about him when he was tea bagging you. Do you perfer sugar or cream?
Come on sister, lil man sums it all up...........

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 08:45 PM
Did L R 2 tell you all about him when he was tea bagging you. Do you perfer sugar or cream?
That one stung. :D
Hi Queen :wink:

Mrs.Killer
08-09-2006, 08:46 PM
That one stung. :D
Hi Queen :wink:
HI love, how are ya??

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
HI love, how are ya??
Im great, thank you for asking. :) And you?

blown dough
08-09-2006, 08:52 PM
Apparently i am invisable, thats ok

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 08:53 PM
I need some Snap-On tools, any hook-ups. :p

blown dough
08-09-2006, 08:54 PM
I need some Snap-On tools, any hook-ups. :p
I see how it is.

Mrs.Killer
08-09-2006, 08:55 PM
Your not invisable, i have no clue what your talking about??

blown dough
08-09-2006, 08:56 PM
Your not invisable, i have no clue what your talking about??
Referring to mr H. but how are you honey?? We are headed out in the morning.

Mrs.Killer
08-09-2006, 08:58 PM
Referring to mr H. but how are you honey?? We are headed out in the morning.
Im great, how are you?? See you on the river...

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 08:58 PM
I see how it is.
It was a joke. :squiggle:
Your not invisible, I see you. :)

blown dough
08-09-2006, 09:00 PM
Mr. H I know it was a joke I was just kiddin you since I have not seen you in a long time.
Mrs. K I am good and we will keep our eyes open for you this weekend.

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 09:03 PM
Mr. H I know it was a joke I was just kiddin you since I have not seen you in a long time.
Yes we definetly need to hang out. :)
So does that mean I can still get some Snap-On tools? :p

BajaMike
08-09-2006, 09:07 PM
The question is.....why would you???:confused:
Talk about carrying a knife to a gunfight.....just stupid!! :idea:
:cool:

blown dough
08-09-2006, 09:09 PM
Yes we definetly need to hang out. :)
So does that mean I can still get some Snap-On tools? :p
Of course honey!!!!

BadKachina
08-09-2006, 09:11 PM
If somebody shot you with a BB gun, wouldn't it make you mad enough to beat the crap out of them? What good would it do? You might as well carry a fake toy gun.
"Stop or I'll shoot your eye out!" :crossx:

MR HARLEY
08-09-2006, 09:11 PM
Of course honey!!!!
Your too sweet! Have a safe trip up tomorrow morning.

craiginlaverne
08-09-2006, 09:22 PM
can i carry a concealed RPG?
:220v:

centerhill condor
08-10-2006, 01:33 AM
if you use a towel! proof for those in need, that the people running the country should not! get the gov't out of your security and you'll be better off... I mean really, carry whatever you want and deal with the consequences. Call 911 and patiently wait? or call Colonel Colt and get it done!

djunkie
08-10-2006, 02:15 AM
"You'll shoot your eye out" :crossx: :crossx:

RitcheyRch
08-10-2006, 04:40 AM
Or Colonel H&K and Sgt. Benelli.
if you use a towel! proof for those in need, that the people running the country should not! get the gov't out of your security and you'll be better off... I mean really, carry whatever you want and deal with the consequences. Call 911 and patiently wait? or call Colonel Colt and get it done!

NOTALENT
08-10-2006, 06:44 AM
HAHA!! ROLMFAO!! :D I just couldnt picture you saying this!! :p LOVE IT!

Dave C
08-10-2006, 07:53 AM
WOW I just love it when she talks dirty like that.... thats hot!!.... :crossx: :supp: :D
kilr is so lucky.... :mad: :rollside: ;)

GHT
08-10-2006, 08:55 AM
WOW lil' boy.... Guess you got it all figured out since June of 06.. You hear of more "Gang Bangers" carryin' weapons of all types (per capita) than older people. And all of their guns are illegal, not to mention they could give a Sh1t about life. Schools in ALL big cities are not what they used to be.
It's not the same rules being broke today that were being broke when your dumb ass went to school. Like the time you were caught giving Jerome head in the bathroom... That would be a non-violent / consenting violation of school rules. :rolleyes: