PDA

View Full Version : Any1 ever use bidpay???

YeLLowBoaT
12-17-2005, 11:43 AM
www.bidpay.com Appears to be like paypal. I personally have never heard of it. There is a Item on ebay I would like to buy...And the seller wants a money order or bidpay.... Money orders are alittle "fly-by night" for me...

YeLLowBoaT
12-17-2005, 12:01 PM
I don't trust the feedbacks....thats just it. Once they cash that money order, your money is gone. You have no way to get it back other then small claims.

WUTWZAT
12-17-2005, 04:01 PM
www.bidpay.com Appears to be like paypal. I personally have never heard of it. There is a Item on ebay I would like to buy...And the seller wants a money order or bidpay.... Money orders are alittle "fly-by night" for me...
I had someone try and have me use it once and I passed on it cause it felt to much like a scam....... It was for a motorcycle and I told them I was local and wanted to pick it up and pay cash, the ad was removed and they never got back to me..... Then a few day later the ad resurfaced, I contacted them again acting dumb and they still would not respond....
Be very careful alot of fraudulant people out there.
Jason

YeLLowBoaT
12-17-2005, 04:31 PM
If you don't trust the feedback system, eBay is probably not the place for you to shop.
My prob with feed back is that its not "hand written" its multable choice... It would be diff if some 1 actually had to type something....
There is just something about a person that will only take 1 form of payment that worries me. money orders are just too risky and the more I read about bid pay the less I want to go that route. once a money order is cashed that money is gone. Atleast with paypal you can get your money back if they don't ship a item.

Infomaniac
12-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Sellers like Bid Pay because they put a fee on the buyer and not the seller.

Infomaniac
12-17-2005, 04:58 PM
AND, they don't need a bank account. They just mail you a money order.
You don't need a bank account to get money through Paypal. They will mail you a check.