PDA

View Full Version : Any sherrif's in th house? need help

Acommanderguy
08-10-2006, 12:02 PM
Hey ***boaters need some help. I need to know if anyone has any pull in the sheriffs department at all? A friend of mine has become involved in a local bar out here in SCV, and has completely remodeled the place, built an outside patio etc... They are still in the process of making the place awesome. This has been a dream of his for the 10 years I have known him. Anyways they are trying to get approval to allow people to sit on the patio and drink. The patio is inclosed. Now they have pulled all permits, and have gotten every signature but the most important one. If anyone can help us out it would be awesome. We are good people, and want to let other enjoy the work that has gone into this remodel of SCV oldest Bar. It is a great enviorment for a chill and relaxing night.
Thanks,
Anthony

Hotcobra270
08-10-2006, 12:19 PM
You are referring to rondevu rigth? (not sure how to spell it)
My friends boyfriend (steve) introduced me to the owners about a month ago... really really nice people.. I was there last weds and noticed the patio that they built but they wouldnt let me take drinks outside...
When do you usually go?

Kilrtoy
08-10-2006, 12:26 PM
You mean you need the sheriff's department to sign off on the alcohol part for outside consumption, or is it something else

Acommanderguy
08-10-2006, 12:33 PM
They are changing the name of the bar the the -VU- Ultra Bar. I've been going there for years since before louise bought the place. We use to go on weds nights alot. But lately there have been so many new events going on there with "MIXERS" on tuesdays, and "ABSOULTE" thursday's. Also in the coming weeks on saturdays they will be booking bands. I believe they are going to have a band called the "red muffS" From Harpers in Northridge coming to play. They do alot of 80's cover stuff. They had recently the drummer from Smile my empty soul's new band playing there, and the place was packed! If you haven't been to some of the crazy parties such as the Luau or the PJ party your missing out! its alot of fun, and setup real cool! My friend chris now has some stake in the place from my understanding. So they built the patio to allow more people to hang out. But they need this last signature to allow drinks on the patio. Its really lame! But the people there are great. The bartenders are awesome, and there are rarely in fights etc...

Acommanderguy
08-10-2006, 12:35 PM
ya Kilrtoy they need them to sign off. They have gotten every other signature need but this guy Nagel's signature I guess he is the watch commander or something. thats what I am told. So I told my buddy I would turn to the ***boat community to see if anyone can help!

slink
08-10-2006, 12:36 PM
It's up to the local city government, they will get input from the police dept(sheriff's)as to potential problems,but ultimate say-so comes down to ABC (Alcohol Beverage Control). They determine what type of permit is allowed (on site-off site) at the premises. Just because it is an existing bar, doesn't mean ABC will change the permit to allow outside sales. Good luck

IN2-IN2MX
08-10-2006, 03:24 PM
Where is the bar? Just curious.