PDA

View Full Version : I'm tried of pulling the boat to Havasu!!

Hotcobra270
08-10-2006, 01:58 PM
I've only gone to Havasu 4 times this season because it suck a pain in the @ss to pull it from Cali (valencia) to HAVI... I spend about 225 to 250 bucks just in gas to pull it out there and back.. My Navi system tells me that I'm getting about 10 to 11 MPG while towing... OUCH!..
beside the gas, it takes me about 5 1/2 hours to get out there...
I'd like to store it up there for the summer and bring it back home for the winter..
For those of you that dont have a house up there, where do you store your boat in havasu? How much would it be for enclosed storage for a 28 foot boat?
what do you suggest..?

Parker Dreamin
08-10-2006, 02:01 PM
Parker has new storage on the corner of hwy95, running a special for 175 a month. you could get the boat on the way in, and drop it on the way out.....

ChumpChange
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Don't forget your trailer length. I have mine at the Bluewater. I think it is $158/mo. Click on my profile and look at threads I've started. You'll find a lot of places in there.
Sorry I'm too lazy to look up the thread for you.

Todd969
08-10-2006, 02:02 PM
I've only gone to Havasu 4 times this season because it suck a pain in the @ss to pull it from Cali (valencia) to HAVI... I spend about 225 to 250 bucks just in gas to pull it out there and back.. My Navi system tells me that I'm getting about 10 to 11 MPG while towing... OUCH!..
I'd like to store it up there for the summer and bring it back home for the winter..
For those of you that dont have a house up there, where do you store your boat in havasu? How much would it be for enclosed storage for a 28 foot boat?
what do you suggest..?
Check out Oasis super storage in Needles

Debbolas
08-10-2006, 02:18 PM
We use Park Place in Fort Mohave....cool place, Hans is THE MAN!! :D
We drive out in about 3 1/2 hours now, get the boat, hit the market and then head out to the trashy trailer:D

2Driver
08-10-2006, 02:19 PM
If you are moving to Phx then you may want to wait. With all the nice lakes here we really backed off our trips to the river the past few years.

Tequila-John
08-10-2006, 02:20 PM
parker Dreams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Throttle
08-10-2006, 02:30 PM
well, if you still need some help finding soemthing, pm me and I will try to help you find something in havi. I used to pay 185 per month for a 40 foot deep storage condo...

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-10-2006, 02:35 PM
what do you suggest..?
I just got a new spot @ the Islander ready in Sept. I could probly hook you up with my 50 footer at Advantage. PM me. It's 200 a mo.
Dont forget we need to talk :rollside:

voodoomedman
08-10-2006, 02:54 PM
When our house was being built the first summer we had the boat we got a spot at Spikes in Needles. I had a 40 foot garage for 125 and put my boat and ski in there. As the end of the season is coming you might start finding spots open up at various places. Spikes didn't have showers and all that extra mumbo jumbo but they were nice units, a clean place and your hotel or wherever your staying will have showers and crap. Anyways I would reccomend Needles even if you don't use Spikes. One reason is it's much cheaper then in Havi, Parker, Bullhead etc. Second is that you get to Needles stop, stretch take a leak, get your boat and then your only another half hour to Havasu or Mohave and then when your there you've already stretched and leaked and all that stuff so it's straight to the Lake or if it's at night then it's straight to bed or Party or whatever.

Debbolas
08-10-2006, 02:58 PM
When our house was being built the first summer we had the boat we got a spot at Spikes in Needles. I had a 40 foot garage for 125 and put my boat and ski in there. As the end of the season is coming you might start finding spots open up at various places. Spikes didn't have showers and all that extra mumbo jumbo but they were nice units, a clean place and your hotel or wherever your staying will have showers and crap. Anyways I would reccomend Needles even if you don't use Spikes. One reason is it's much cheaper then in Havi, Parker, Bullhead etc. Second is that you get to Needles stop, stretch take a leak, get your boat and then your only another half hour to Havasu or Mohave and then when your there you've already stretched and leaked and all that stuff so it's straight to the Lake or if it's at night then it's straight to bed or Party or whatever.
We drive up like you're going the the AVI, Park Place is right there along with a couple of supermarkets....or Wally World down by Bullhead...
Oasis looked really nice too......this side of the river......

Wake Havasu
08-10-2006, 02:59 PM
I store mine in Parker.
At the Anchor Inn.
It's cheaper than towing it.
Gas, Tires and wear an tear.
All my boating is done at Havi, Powell and Parker so it works!

socaldj1
08-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I was up there 2 months ago and knew I'd be there every other week for 2 months. I stopped in at Hav-A-Storage on Industrial, right next to Windsor. I got a 30' deep spot for $150 per month. It's been so nice to be able to drive up there in 3.5 hours vs 5 hours towing. It's a tight fit but well worth the money.

Magic34
08-10-2006, 05:23 PM
If you are moving to Phx then you may want to wait. With all the nice lakes here we really backed off our trips to the river the past few years.
Havasu is only 3 1/2 hours from Phoenix. If traffic is light and you can be on the gas, you can make it in just over 3 pulling the boat.
The extra fuel isn't an additional $200 per trip, but your storage fees could be close to that. For me it seems that the fuel is an additional $100 or so, and that is at 8 MPG at best.

Jesster
08-10-2006, 05:32 PM
We towed from Corona the 1st 2 trips of the season and saw the light. The extra 120 bucks in gas plus wear and tear on vehicle, boat, trailer and the extra 1 1/2 hours made the decision very easy. We store at London Bridge storage off of Cheneweth and London Bridge road. Its a 35' space for 144.00 a month, just barely fits a 28' deckboat. Really tight fit. We call it threading the needle. Well worth the cost even if you just go up 1x per month.

randy77zt
08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
try the delta in nor cal.less crowded-more water.easier tow-straight up i5.

SoCalOffshore
08-10-2006, 05:36 PM
hwy 95 storage accross from the sheriffs dept. i have a 45 foot deep garage and pay $195/mo. it is next door to were my fifth wheel is at havasu falls. they only charge me $100/mo to leave my fifth wheel there. it is great not to tow and run 75mph to havasu. i have had 2 speeding tickets towing to havasu. NO MORE. :idea:

cxr133
08-10-2006, 05:51 PM
WE also store ours at Spikes in Needles..... its really convenient hop off the freeway hook the boat up and you are back on your way in less than 5-10 min.
real central also if you want to head to Laughlin.... stay in needles at the river or head down to Havasu.
we keep ours covered w/ tarp and cover because we have an outside storage space.. i was a little worried at first until i looked around and saw all the magic and other boats covered and parked outside.

2Driver
08-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Havasu is only 3 1/2 hours from Phoenix. If traffic is light and you can be on the gas, you can make it in just over 3 pulling the boat.
The extra fuel isn't an additional $200 per trip, but your storage fees could be close to that. For me it seems that the fuel is an additional $100 or so, and that is at 8 MPG at best.
Exactly. When we had our place in Parker we often wished the boat was home for an evening on Bartlett or a run out to Apache for the weekend. Too many choices here and the river is close and a flat easy tow via through Wickenburg - no highway, no traffic.
Being where he is located he is 2 1/2 to the river. We like having the boat at home here in Carefree and in the garage.

XtrmWakeborder
08-10-2006, 07:32 PM
try the delta in nor cal.less crowded-more water.easier tow-straight up i5.
After going to shasta on a houseboat for a week i'm spoiled, i'd much rather go to the delta or shasta than the river now.

RitcheyRch
08-10-2006, 07:56 PM
Have a friend that went to the Delta for a few weeks and he said the same thing.
After going to shasta on a houseboat for a week i'm spoiled, i'd much rather go to the delta or shasta than the river now.

FASTERDAMITT
08-10-2006, 09:04 PM
You have a 28, ever try the Pacific?

HYPNAUTIC
08-10-2006, 09:13 PM
what do you suggest..?
You need to get more friends, then you can store it at their house like I do! :rollside:
But, before that I used to store it in Needles at All Seasons Storage. Dont have the #, sorry! Holly and Dean live onsite. Call at least 4hrs in advance and Dean will pull your boat out, blow the dust off and check the tires for you. All you do is back up and drop the boat on. When your done drop it off and Dean will put it away for you. Its just across the street from Needles Marina (just as you start going up the bridge over the river look to the left) I paid $105 during the summer and $85 in the winter for a 24'

lalhc
08-10-2006, 09:37 PM
Store my 28' in Havasu for $185 per month.

havasu5150
08-10-2006, 09:43 PM
I live way in the west valley...Buckeye. It is an easy, flat 2.5 hr tow., plius I'm less than an hour away from Pleasant, Roosevelt etc. Plus I like knowing the boat is safe and sound in the garage.

blown dough
08-10-2006, 10:20 PM
advantage boats 199.00 a month lights and electricity

No Name
08-10-2006, 11:22 PM
advantage boats 199.00 a month lights and electricity
Got a phone # ?

FREIND OF AA AND TA
08-11-2006, 06:52 AM
Got a phone # ?
928-680-boat

Kachina26
08-11-2006, 07:02 AM
I had mine at Campbell boats (http://www.campbellboats.com/) before I built my house. They have all services available as well, you need a ride from the airport and the boat loaded with groceries, ice,beer and in the water? They will do it. They have a merc certified shop, detailing, upholstery.......whatever you need. I paid $135 for a 12x35 and that was just right for my 26. The rates have gone up a bit....
Dimensions Door Size Rental
12' x 30' 10' wide x 8' high $135.00/Month
20' x 30' 18' wide x 8' high $225.00/Month
12' x 32' 10' wide x 8' high $145.00/Month
12' x 35' 10' wide x 10' high $160.00/Month
12' x 35' 10' wide x 12' high $160.00/Month
12' x 37' 10' wide x 12' high $169.00/Month
12' x 40' 10' wide x 10' high $180.00/Month
12' x 40' 10' wide x 12' high $180.00/Month
16' x 40' 14' wide x 12' high $240.00/Month
16' x 50' 14' wide x 14' high $300.00/Month
16' x 50' 14' wide x 16' high $300.00/Month
16' x 100' 14' wide x 14' high $600.00/Month
Great security guys too, they actually knew me by name.