PDA

View Full Version : FlY-N-HI

Fast Freddy
08-10-2006, 07:48 PM
i know what your thinkin? since this is the name of my nordic this must be another thread about "how i smoked a cig in havasu". not! i just wanted to share with you guys a couple replies i have made to a airplane thread over on the other site i hang out on. that bein www.viperclub.org > here are a few of my replies
"this airline/terrorist crap is exactly why i live in a private residential fly-in community. i live 1/4 mile from the runway and the runway is 4,400 feet long and 44 feet wide. its rated to handle planes up to 17,500 lbs of weight. john travolta has flown a small jet into our airpark and the governor flys her king air in once a month. i will be taking flying lessons soon. i plan on getting a cirrus or columbia lance air as my 1st plane after i get my pilots liscence. the only thing i will be searchin for when people get on my plane is chix lookin to join the mile high club......."
"this thread reminds of me when i was about 9 years old some 30 years ago back when regional flights in the USA were on prop driven airplanes (no jets) and smoking was allowed in the back of the plane. i used to go visit my grandparents every summer over on the border of texas and new mexico. i would fly direct from tucson to lubbock, texas or tucson to albuquerque, new mexico. well this one time on the return trip i went thru the metal detector with my grandpa and it went off. the security guards said "OK SON LETS SEE WHAT YOU GOT IN THEM POCKETS"!!! so without a word i began to pull several thousand plastic army men and a couple hundred hot wheels cars out of my pockets and put them on the table for all the security personel to see......."
"now this you are not gonna believe but its true. between the age of 14 and 16 when i used to make this flight every summer and x-mas time, etc i would have a layover in albuquerque, new mexico and i would walk into the magazine stand near the terminal and buy a copy of penthouse magazine. yes the lady behind the counter was scared of me, lol. they had playboy available, and even though playboy had more blondes in it then penthouse which was partial to brunettes i still picked penthouse. why? because penthouse always showed more muff shots. anyway, the funny thing is to this day i still find brunettes more sexy than blondes, especially brunettes with a nice lil trim patch......."
finally here is a pic of my nordic parked next to my neighbors pilatus PC-12 and my vette parked next to my other neighbors YAK-52

Drift
08-10-2006, 10:07 PM
. . . so your jacked up persona is not exclusive to Hot Boat? :crossx:
Are you in flight training right now? Living at a flying community without being able to fly? That's got to be torture. :cry: Like having waterfront property and not owning a boat or knowing how to swim.
Just bust'n you a bit. :)
Like the Vette. :rollside:

ROZ
08-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Fly-n-high use to be the name of a lifted toyota truck club back in the 80's...

No Name
08-10-2006, 11:13 PM
Nice looking boat, it’s looks like you’re pulling away from the plane too……. :D
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16386

VanDeano
08-11-2006, 12:22 AM
Fly-n-high use to be the name of a lifted toyota truck club back in the 80's...
I was thinking the same thing. When I had my jacked up toyota I would see them all the the time at the mini-truck runs. I think they were based out of Arizona. I used to envy how high they where. Those were the good o' times.

Fast Freddy
08-11-2006, 07:35 AM
yes i got the name FLY-N-HI for my boat from the 4X4 company based in phoenix. they put the lift kit on my super duty and also installed my ARB air lockers (see pic below). i put this big red, white and blue flamed sticker on my rear window that says FLY-N-HI and thats when i decided i was gonna put the same sticker on the back of my boat since i tow my boat with that truck. since my boat is red, white and blue and i live in a airpark and will be getting a airplane it all made sense to me. last but no least the kachina jet boat i have 4 sale is named HIGH voltage. i get pretty lit up sometimes so the FLY-N-HI part reminds me of ozzy osbournes song 'flyin high again'. pretty wild when you think about that bein from the last album that randy rhoades ever made with ozzy when you consider that he flew his airplane into ozzy's house and killed himself. i guess drinkin and flyin doesn't mix, lol

Her454
08-11-2006, 07:51 AM
Is FLY N HI still around Phx? They put the lift on my first truck and I sported that sticker on the windshield up until I sold it. I miss that truck.
Nice boat..................................:):)

Magic34
08-11-2006, 08:00 AM
Is FLY N HI still around Phx?
Yes, they have more than 1 location too.

Sleek-Jet
08-11-2006, 09:23 AM
So do you live out at La Cholla airpark???

Fast Freddy
08-11-2006, 10:09 AM
Sleek-Jet, yes i live at La Cholla airpark. nice avatar btw. P-38 lightnings are trick. gotta luv those supercharged engines guzzlin all that av-gas. i went for a ride in a P-51 mustang about 15 years ago out of evergreen airpark in pinal. it was one the few trainers that was retrofitted with a jump seat and controls in the back of the plane. we did a aileron roll and buzzed the desert floor at 300 knots (345 mph). we skimmed along the top of the saguaros about 100 feet above deck for several miles. back then they still had that 120 octane HIGH lead avgas. the exhaust fumes from that gas were comin into the back of the plane were i was sittin and man did i ever get HIGH off of that stuff. whew