PDA

View Full Version : Only in a Jeep............

core attitude
08-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Jeep Jeep Jeep Jeep Jeeeeeeeeep......It's dead. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7270258632860038644&q=jeep)

BajaMike
08-10-2006, 09:12 PM
One of the most boring videos I've seen...I couldn't even finish it. :yuk: :yuk:
What's the point...jackass of jeep videos???...... :cry:
Boring......
:mad:

BadKachina
08-10-2006, 09:13 PM
That looks like fun. :cool:

squirt'nmyload
08-10-2006, 09:19 PM
One of the most boring videos I've seen...I couldn't even finish it. :yuk: :yuk:
Boring......
:mad:
i thought it was great!!!!

Outnumbered
08-10-2006, 09:22 PM
Better Jeep vid :crossx:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2512249746173560379&q=jeep

YeLLowBoaT
08-10-2006, 09:25 PM
man I thought the jeep in froggies post had died...

core attitude
08-10-2006, 09:29 PM
Ya, that's it........you hit it right on the head. :rolleyes:

Outnumbered
08-10-2006, 09:34 PM
OK, I take it back. I watched the 2nd half. Killer video. You gotta hang out for the 2nd half. Tough ass rig. Too funny :D

H20 Toie
08-11-2006, 06:49 AM
Damm now that looked like fun

Wet Dream
08-11-2006, 08:14 AM
That was cool.

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 08:41 AM
Guy had a pretty nice jeep at the beginning of that.. Now I'll bet that thing is still sitting out in the woods. Video was cool, but I never understood the reasoning behind destroying a perfectly good peace of machinery without the intentions of getting a trophy or fixing it at the end.
RD

DeeCandyBar
08-11-2006, 08:42 AM
you gotta stick around to the end of the video :boxed:

core attitude
08-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Guy had a pretty nice jeep at the beginning of that.. Now I'll bet that thing is still sitting out in the woods. Video was cool, but I never understood the reasoning behind destroying a perfectly good peace of machinery without the intentions of getting a trophy or fixing it at the end.
RD
Doesn't sound like it was worth the cost to repair, this is from the site:
This jeep had failed it MOT and it was not economically viable to repair the the vehicle ( completely rusted underneath), rather than just take it straight to the breakers we decided to have some fun with it first,all the driving you see in the video was on private land , after the destruction , the jeep and crap that fell off were low loaded to a local scrap metal merchant and it weighed in at just under 3 tons , which we received £110 . thanks for watching

Her454
08-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Does anyone still have that vid of the jeep stuck on the tracks at glamis (Im pretty sure it was a jeep, if not then just ignore this post)
......thats a pretty cool video of the train trashing it......... :)

WYRD
08-11-2006, 09:22 AM
Does anyone still have that vid of the jeep stuck on the tracks at glamis (Im pretty sure it was a jeep, if not then just ignore this post)
......thats a pretty cool video of the train trashing it......... :)
This one? (http://www.quadscentral.com/videos/trainhitsjeep.WMV)

Her454
08-11-2006, 09:24 AM
This one? (http://www.quadscentral.com/videos/trainhitsjeep.WMV)
That would be the one, still gives me the eeeeebie jeeeeebies watchin it.
Thanks-

WYRD
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
That would be the one, still gives me the eeeeebie jeeeeebies watchin it.
Thanks-
Glamis Jeep VS Train HERE IS THE STORY: I was waiting to meet a buddy at wash 10. and this monster of a jeep goes up the hill and crosses the tracks. A stock jeep follows and almost doesn't make it. THEN everyone can clearly see that a train is coming so the guy in the stock jeep wants to get back on the other side of the tracks before it gets here ..... STUPID. Not to mention that he has his whole family in the jeep with him and his daughter riding on the front bumper seat belted to it. Of course he doesn't make it over and then gets stuck. While the guy is trying to get the jeep unstuck other guys try to get the little girl off the bumper. If you pause the video at the beginning you can see this, if you pause it at the end you can see the little girl still belted to the front bumper : (
Sad to read :idea:

jkh04200
08-11-2006, 09:26 AM
WOW!
Take a jeep to a bicycle type track and destroy it. WOW!
No mud, just hills WOW!
From what I recall, it high centered several times and broke a few rims. WOW
Its too late but what about taking the decent jeep, removing the floor pan and replacing it. Put a little elbow grease in it and do something constructive. Could have been a good learning experience. No need. Mommy and Daddy will buy you something else.

WYRD
08-11-2006, 09:29 AM
WOW!
No mud, just hills WOW!
Its too late but what about taking the decent jeep, removing the floor pan and replacing it. Put a little elbow grease in it and do something constructive. Could have been a good learning experience. No need. Mommy and Daddy will buy you something else.
WOW!

Her454
08-11-2006, 09:36 AM
Glamis Jeep VS Train HERE IS THE STORY: I was waiting to meet a buddy at wash 10. and this monster of a jeep goes up the hill and crosses the tracks. A stock jeep follows and almost doesn't make it. THEN everyone can clearly see that a train is coming so the guy in the stock jeep wants to get back on the other side of the tracks before it gets here ..... STUPID. Not to mention that he has his whole family in the jeep with him and his daughter riding on the front bumper seat belted to it. Of course he doesn't make it over and then gets stuck. While the guy is trying to get the jeep unstuck other guys try to get the little girl off the bumper. If you pause the video at the beginning you can see this, if you pause it at the end you can see the little girl still belted to the front bumper : (
Sad to read :idea:
OMG, THAT JUST MADE ME SICK, I never knew that. It seems like you can hear someone crying in the background and something in the front of the jeep at the beginning but I couldnt make it out and I've watched this several times in the past.
And WTF WAS a father thinking, seatbelting his daughter to the bumper and crossing tracks OR ANYTHING for that matter! Whatever happened? Was the dad prosecuted? STUPID PEOPLE SHOULDN'T BREED.
Very sad.

WYRD
08-11-2006, 09:57 AM
After more researsh I found this.......
On a other forum they had this story ..
This video is REAL. I was not there, but there are some people I know that were there right after it happened. I camp along the washes in Glamis Ca where this video was taken. It runs along side a dirt road on one side, called Wash Road. It parallels the train tracks for miles. The closest available crossing is about 4 miles from there. The tunnel where you see the two riders come out from under the train is too low for the jeeps. If you look at the second rider, he is bent over as he comes out. Depending on the condition, bikes and quads can go under it, and somestimes dune buggies. But no vehicle will make it under. The jeep was pretty banged up, but they had to change the tires before it was able to be driven. The girl in front, is a doll, and no one was injured. Here is a link to another site, where they are talking about the video on Ogrish, and a persons point of view, that was actually there.
http://www.glamisdunes.com/invision...showtopic=39291 (link doesn't seems to work)
I remember this crash, we where there for the aftermath and have some info to add......
The jeep had been drive by a 16 year old girl who took dad's jeep with out permission. Her and some other girls wanted to joy ride and did not know how to cross the tracks and got the jeep stuck. If you look you will see in the video all the guys running around in the yellow shirts, they are family members. They where trying to get the jeep running enough to get the jeep back to camp, even had to change the tires before the police showed up. So the girl would not get in trouble.
The "body" you see in the video is actually a blow up doll and like Kevin said the "blood" you see is actually the fluid from the Jeep.
NO ONE WAS HURT in this crash. Well not till the girl got back to camp and had to explain everything to dad.

Her454
08-11-2006, 10:00 AM
That seems a little more sensible, I cant imagine a parent doing that but I've seen some pretty stupid things. :rolleyes:

Outnumbered
08-11-2006, 10:51 AM
That seems a little more sensible, I cant imagine a parent doing that but I've seen some pretty stupid things. :rolleyes:
No doubt. A few weeks ago at Mead a redneck in an 18' Bass Buggy 'toon was hauling-ass WOT (maybe 25-30 mph) with two teenage girls riding IN FRONT OF the cabin rail on the bow dragging their feet in the water. I was fully prepared to see one or both get sucked under the boat and chopped up by the prop. DUMB-ASSES :mad:

Outnumbered
08-11-2006, 10:56 AM
After more researsh I found this.......
NO ONE WAS HURT in this crash...
Makes sense, as no one ran to help the "girl".
Can't believe those riders went under the tunnel and that everyone stayed so close. I would have been hauling ass away. If that thing de-railed it would have wiped them all out.

core attitude
08-11-2006, 02:02 PM
WOW!
No mud, just hills WOW!
WOW! :) Maybe you missed this part............
This jeep had failed it MOT and it was not economically viable to repair the the vehicle ( completely rusted underneath), rather than just take it straight to the breakers we decided to have some fun with it first,all the driving you see in the video was on private land , after the destruction , the jeep and crap that fell off were low loaded to a local scrap metal merchant and it weighed in at just under 3 tons , which we received £110 . thanks for watching

core attitude
08-15-2006, 11:34 AM
Bump for marcus........