PDA

View Full Version : casale rebuild help!!!!!!

RaysonRat
07-27-2003, 02:51 PM
Guys, im a little new and just ripped into my casale v drive unit out of my rayson craft and need a little help. first ive removed all the bolts,shifter,shaft end caps ect, i cannot get the two half to split away from the plate. nor can i get the drive flange off of the input shaft, which may be the problem to my first question. Any help with pictures, instructions advice wwould be greatly apprecited as well as somewhere to get all the new bearings and gaskets.
thanks guys

Sangster
07-27-2003, 03:21 PM
This is all you need to know......
http://forums.***boat.net/banners/menkens.jpg

RaysonRat
07-27-2003, 03:42 PM
okay got the drive flange off the input shaft cases still wont come apart! do i just need a BFH or what thanks again

cal***boat
07-27-2003, 03:55 PM
Did you pull the top bearing yet ?

cal***boat
07-27-2003, 03:59 PM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/48bearingpuller.jpg
If you have not pulled the top bearing yet it would help if you had one of these

07-27-2003, 05:10 PM
After you get the all the case bolts out and the top bearing is out there is a allenhead capscrew that should push the cases apart I'm not sure if all Casale boxes have these screws but both of my gearboxes do.

RaysonRat
07-28-2003, 08:55 AM
thanks for the help guys, where can i get a puller like that, i work at an auto parts store is it an automotive tool or marine specific

superdave013
07-28-2003, 09:05 AM
RaysonRat:
thanks for the help guys, where can i get a puller like that, i work at an auto parts store is it an automotive tool or marine specific You could call the # that's listed in the pic.
Or you could call me direct at 714 814 2503.
Also Tom Bentley @ Menkens V Drives sells pullers.
Casale has pullers too.
They are nice to have and makes changing gears easy when the drive's still in the boat. Some guys walk the bearin out with a big screw driver. It's your case so I'll let you decide if you want to go that route.
It sounds like you have the drive out of the boat. You could tap the top shaft out the back and the case will come apart too.