PDA

View Full Version : Belated thanks to Naudio, (Frank @ Car Toyz )

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks Frank for the effort on Sun morning, we did trace the problem down and it is voltage supply and has also been determined that I need a couple of caps to tame that W7, I let you know how it goes but thanks for all the effort OK?

Jesster
08-11-2006, 10:32 AM
:argue: I can't believe there hasn't been any comments on the Cap's being needed. :argue:

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2006, 03:04 PM
:argue: I can't believe there hasn't been any comments on the Cap's being needed. :argue:
comment away amigo.

Jordy
08-11-2006, 03:08 PM
I was thinking the same thing... :idea:

djunkie
08-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Is it too early for this? :crossx: :crossx:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=16408&stc=1

Jesster
08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
comment away amigo.
Let's let past posts speak for themselves and not get into the whole discussion. :p Sorry DJunkie
Capacitors pros (are there any) and Cons (http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76266&highlight=cap)
There are many more just do a seach on Caps in Audio/Visual.
Who know's though it may warrant the popcorn yet. :idea:

Mr. Naudio
08-11-2006, 05:38 PM
Thanks Frank for the effort on Sun morning, we did trace the problem down and it is voltage supply and has also been determined that I need a couple of caps to tame that W7, I let you know how it goes but thanks for all the effort OK?
anytime Ken
in the attempt to learn somthing what makes you think the prob (sub poping when turned up) is due to low voltage?did you hook up a charger and have the prob go away?
i know you need more battery power for the system you have (imo caps will make it worse)if thats all you add.again im hoping to learn somthing here
and pretty sure i will but the prob you had on sunday in no way what-so-ever
seemed to be a voltage issue it would crack at way to low of a level setting and that amp jl1000.1 has low voltage protection and should shut down if the voltage drops to low, yours did not.also your sub metered out at 1.5 ohm with one sub that has duel 1.5 ohm coils this can only happen if one coil is blown or not hooked up.anything i can do to help i will.and please let me know the final outcome i would have no problem at all admitting that i am wrong would not be the first or last time.(silly wabbit caps are for spl cars)
PS.was really great to meet you will have beers one day

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2006, 08:37 PM
anytime Ken
in the attempt to learn somthing what makes you think the prob (sub poping when turned up) is due to low voltage?did you hook up a charger and have the prob go away?
i know you need more battery power for the system you have (imo caps will make it worse)if thats all you add.again im hoping to learn somthing here
and pretty sure i will but the prob you had on sunday in no way what-so-ever
seemed to be a voltage issue it would crack at way to low of a level setting and that amp jl1000.1 has low voltage protection and should shut down if the voltage drops to low, yours did not.also your sub metered out at 1.5 ohm with one sub that has duel 1.5 ohm coils this can only happen if one coil is blown or not hooked up.anything i can do to help i will.and please let me know the final outcome i would have no problem at all admitting that i am wrong would not be the first or last time.(silly wabbit caps are for spl cars)
PS.was really great to meet you will have beers one day
I went to Sounds Good to Me in Tempe like I told you I was going to, they just started from scratch, found some stuff mis wired by me and installed a cap. It pounds now and Im happy, only took $600 to get it right which seems like a bargain after a year of frustration. We will be back out to Havasu in a couple of weeks, PM me your cell, I still owe you some cocktails.
:)

Jesster
08-11-2006, 08:50 PM
Disconnect the cap and see if you notice a difference. :cool:

KACHINA KEN
08-11-2006, 10:28 PM
Disconnect the cap and see if you notice a difference. :cool:
I'm not bitin.

Jordy
08-12-2006, 08:25 AM
This thread is a total disappointment!!!! :(

Mr. Naudio
08-12-2006, 10:34 AM
This thread is a total disappointment!!!! :(
well we know for a fact that caps did not fix the prob :rollside:

Havasu Hangin'
08-12-2006, 10:36 AM
well we know for a fact that caps did not fix the prob :rollside:
How can you say that?????
We all know that caps are needed to "tame those W7's"!
:messedup:

1stepcloser
08-12-2006, 12:20 PM
We all know that caps are needed to "tame those W7's"! :messedup:
Good afternoon! I love this topic, it doesnt seem to come around much anymore though.
The theory behind capacitance is correct.. Like Tom mentioned, amplifiers need caps to regulate the voltage across the power supply.
Straight from the horses mouth... so to speak.
Where's Rivercrazy?...

Jordy
08-12-2006, 12:49 PM
We all know that caps are needed to "tame those W7's"!
:messedup:
THIS JUST IN!!!! Top secret photo footage of KK's new capacitor in action!!! 1.21 jiggawatts bitches!!! :D :D :D
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.feagan/flux1.jpg

Havasu Hangin'
08-12-2006, 01:39 PM
Straight from the horses mouth... so to speak.
I would have thought someone of your intellect would know better than to quote out of context...
:notam:
Where the marketing hype comes into play is the "more is better" theory behind external caps. The bottom line is that they do not store enough energy to regulate the voltage of a system to make an audible difference. Add to the fact that they have a high ESR value (which means some energy is lost as heat), and their trade-off value becomes non-existent.

Mr. Naudio
08-12-2006, 02:22 PM
beer

Jordy
08-12-2006, 09:00 PM
beer
C'mon now, we're talking time travel and no mention ofMr. Fusion has been brought up!!! :D :D :D

Mr. Naudio
08-13-2006, 05:57 AM
C'mon now, we're talking time travel and no mention ofMr. Fusion has been brought up!!! :D :D :D
not to mention my flux capacitor has beer spilled in it