PDA

View Full Version : Hey RD,

Her454
08-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that in the PIT BULL haters capital of the world, (San Francisco) a 7 year old boy has been removed from the home because the mother owned a Pit Bull and wouldn't get rid of it. Didnt really hear all of the details except the neighbors turned her in and I cant find it in the paper, can anyone confirm this?
Im sure there is more to the story or I would hope so anyway..............
Whaddya think of that?

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Heard on the radio this morning that in the PIT BULL haters capital of the world, (San Francisco) a 7 year old boy has been removed from the home because the mother owned a Pit Bull and wouldn't get rid of it. Didnt really hear all of the details except the neighbors turned her in and I cant find it in the paper, can anyone confirm this?
Im sure there is more to the story or I would hope so anyway..............
Whaddya think of that?
I would think that we no longer live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.. It's a shame especially with so much patriotism after 9/11 that people are so quick to disolve the basic foundation of freedom that this country was founded upon.
I would also think (if it was me) that the city of San Fransisco would be undergoeing a major f'n lawsuit while I figured out a way to move the f outta there.. Taking my kid, and my f'n dog with me.
A little history on the pitbull aka American Pitbull Terrier.
Strangely enough Pit Bulls have in fact played some pretty major roles in American history that is conveniently overlooked by these whack jobs.. The pitbulls of today aren't even remotely close to the blood sport dogs that fought throughout history. The original blood sport dogs only wayed about 20 - 25 lbs. They would fight bears, tigers, lions, bulls and pretty much whatever else the fight directors could get their hands on. Dogs would win against those odds by dodging damage to be inflicted by them (by being quick) and eventually getting to a position where they could jump and grab hold of the fleshy part of the nose on a bear (or a ring in a bulls nose), there's enough nerve endings that when the dog bit and more or less "locked on" it would bring the much larger animal to it's knees n sheer pain. Bloodsports were made illegal so the people started fighting the dogs against each other becuase the "pit" could be much smaller and it's alot easier to take a dog to an arena then say a tiger.. without getting caught. The people that came to America brought their traditions with them, including the dogs which they fought regularly.. Again 20 - 25 lbs..
The only thing that those dogs and the pitbull of today have in common is incredible jaw strength. The dogs were quickly bread with larger dogs to make them larger and more powerful, but also to have a loyal and protective temperment. (Here comes the good part) Do to the wildlife in America at the time it wasn't exactly the safest place to live. The dogs were bread to protect the family (kids especially) against everything from lions, wolves, to any other furry thing that might think a child is food. As settlers made their way out West in the Gold Rush days, it was more common then not to have a pitbull (this evil dog) running along side the covered wagons for the purpose of protecting the children against wildlife while they were at play..
I'm going to say that again to make sure the naysayers heard it right.. To protect children at play. World isn't a dangerous place anymore so we take a dog that's throughout the history of it's "young breed" has overal been loyal, intelligent, and very usefull and get some people together that decide they want to erradicate the breed as a whole.. Funny thing is these are the same focking people that would shit if they saw you cut down a tree anywhere near a spotted owl. It makes no sense to me.
Here's another thing, everytime there's some major dog bite from a stray and they are unsure of the breed it gets listed as a pitbull. Even dogs that are clearly not pitbulls get labelled as pitbulls.. During a study put on by our own government they listed the "temperament" of a 100 different types of house dogs by which is most likely to bite a family member.. The pitbull was second FROM THE BOTTOM.. (98th out of 100) # 1 was a cockerspaniel..
Makes no sense to me why people have it in for these dogs, other then some focked up media guys really did some great "PR" work for the breed.. Anybody know how many german sheppards mauled somebody last year? probably didn't even hear of one. They don't make the news for some reason.
RD

Roxysnow
08-11-2006, 09:47 AM
I guess the mother figured it would be cheaper to keep the dog! Hmmm?

Her454
08-11-2006, 09:49 AM
I would think that we no longer live in the land of the free and the home of the brave.. It's a shame especially with so much patriotism after 9/11 that people are so quick to disolve the basic foundation of freedom that this country was founded upon.
I would also think (if it was me) that the city of San Fransisco would be undergoeing a major f'n lawsuit while I figured out a way to move the f outta there.. Taking my kid, and my f'n dog with me.
RD
Actually the City had considered a ban of Pit Bulls after a couple of maulings that made national news but I'm not sure if it ever happened or not. This could be the reason behind the child being removed............ ?

C-2
08-11-2006, 10:11 AM
RD
Alright I'll play along too, we missed several maulings and haven't had a good dog argument in a while.... :rollside:
It's the peepulz fault.
You take a dog that can put the hurt on - and train them to do damge; then sell or give away puppies - your asking for trouble.
You know, those thugs being towed around by their big pitts, thinking it's cool to have a bad ass dog. Cracks me up. You think those guys care where their dogs end up? Fawk no.
Sometimes the peepulz is to stupid to protect themseves.

Do F150's Float?
08-11-2006, 10:16 AM
Yeah, it's too bad a few bad one's can ruin the reputation...
But the even good ones ruin your fluffy pillows... :D :D :D
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/LuckyPenny71x/MVC-022L.jpg

C-2
08-11-2006, 10:19 AM
My wife was just telling me about some dumbass who took a pitt to a kids football game. My wife’s friend was talking to the pit owner about how wonderful their dogs are (she has pitts too), and when a little boy came over to pet the dog – it bit him. Nice.
Like I said, us peepulz is stupid.

QuickCheetah
08-11-2006, 10:21 AM
Ok I'm usually pretty quiet on here but when it comes to Pit Bulls I have something to say. I have own Pits all my life and have never had a problem out of any of my dogs...My kids can go to the dogs while they are eating steaks and take the food from the dogs mouth and all the dogs gonna do is lay down...my dogs get along with all other dogs and cats...matter of fact i have one that lets the cats give him a bath...Im sure that this has been said before, "its not the dogs fault" blame the people that think its kool to train these dogs to fight. Lets put the owners to sleep not the dogs...
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/mariolewis1/stoner.jpg
this is my male...not a mean bone in his body...

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 10:24 AM
I added some onto my post above for you Her454.. ;)
RD

Her454
08-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I am scared of Pits that are stray or loose etc, simply from the damage they can inflict and the media exposure. I do agree that they get a bad rap and are the first to be blamed as a breed - again, because of the damage they can inflict. We've been through this before, over and over again, its all in how you raise a dog. I can't understand CPS removing a child from the home because of a "PitBull" unless its been previously aggressive or proven as a danger and even then thats a pretty bold move. If a dog is aggressive and a danger to children, it should be dealt with, regardless of what breed it is. Hell I think my Queensland has some pit in it? I"ll have to do some more research on that....................

Her454
08-11-2006, 10:27 AM
I added some onto my post above for you Her454.. ;)
RD
Yes I saw that, one hell of an "edit". I responded already..............and Im not bashin Pits, the point was the removal of the child from the home because of it. Pits or any breed in general.

Do F150's Float?
08-11-2006, 10:29 AM
Ok I'm usually pretty quiet on here but when it comes to Pit Bulls I have something to say. I have own Pits all my life and have never had a problem out of any of my dogs...My kids can go to the dogs while they are eating steaks and take the food from the dogs mouth and all the dogs gonna do is lay down...my dogs get along with all other dogs and cats...matter of fact i have one that lets the cats give him a bath...Im sure that this has been said before, "its not the dogs fault" blame the people that think its kool to train these dogs to fight. Lets put the owners to sleep not the dogs...
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e16/mariolewis1/stoner.jpg
this is my male...not a mean bone in his body...
Oh my god. Did you steal my dog?!?!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/LuckyPenny71x/131046123_l2.jpg

HM
08-11-2006, 10:29 AM
I picked up a new dog this year. Half Pit, Half Mastiff - bred by someone on the boards here. I have 3 kids under 6 years old. The dog is 8 months old and over 100lbs. Will someone be knocking my door down?
BTW - his is the biggest doofus and the kids love him. We named him Rocky Mountain.

Tom Brown
08-11-2006, 10:34 AM
During a study put on by our own government they listed the "temperament" of a 100 different types of house dogs by which is most likely to bite a family member.. The pitbull was second FROM THE BOTTOM.. (98th out of 100) # 1 was a cockerspaniel..
Assuming the data is correct, how many of those cockerspaniel bites do you suppose were fatal?

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 10:48 AM
Assuming the data is correct, how many of those cockerspaniel bites do you suppose were fatal?
The vast majority of pitbull attacks aren't fatal either Brown. Lots of damage though I agree with the point your making.
My point is if you had an infant around the house, even a cocker spaniel can seriously disfigure and probably kill a baby. Given that circumstance I think I'd be all for having the dog 98th on the list of most likely to bite, then # 1.
Since you brought up that point though lets raise another good point on the abillity to inflict damage. It's late at night you've just put your infant to bed for the 5th time and you are dead tired. You finally pass out and could probably sleep through WWIII if given the opportunity. In your sleep someone breaks into your house, their intentions are unknown.
Now your story can take several turns..
Lets say your a cockerspaniel owning hippy..
The person breaks into your house and starts to come up the stairs, the cockerspaniel barks effectively waking you up. You leap from your bed to open your bedroom door only to get a 1st hand look at Ted Bundy smiling at you with a tack hammer in his hand. The dog is hiding behind you.
Now lets say your a cockerspaniel owning conservative..
The dog barks you promptly pull your gun out of the nightstand drawer next to your bed to open the door and see Ted smiling at you with a tack hammer. Ted see's you standing their in your undies all of a sudden contemplating the meaning of "Bringing a knife to a gun fight." Your half asleep though and still blurry eyed and your not 100% as to what's happening just yet. You aim and pull the trigger bullet goes through the walls of the house hitting god knows what, and certainly doesn't slow down at your place. Best check the neighbors.
Now lets say your a pitbull owner (probably not a hippy if you own a pit) but non gun owner.
The person breaks into your house and starts to come up the stairs, the pitbull begins to growl and bark effectively waking you up. You leap from your bed to open your bedroom door only to get a 1st hand look at Ted Bundy smiling at you with a tack hammer in his hand. The dog barrells through you almost knocking you on your ass, your last glimpse it ole Ted saying "holy shit" and turning to run down the stairs.. Dog hits the end of the hall at 1.1 seconds and rounds the corner catching Ted and his tack hammer before he makes it halfway down the stairs. You hear loud noises followed with screaming, as you run to the babys room and lock both the baby and the wife in the bedroom to call 911, while you go downstairs to finish the job alongside the dog.
Now lets say your a pitbull gun owner..
The person breaks into your house and starts to come up the stairs, the pitbull begins to growl and bark effectively waking you up. You leap from your bed to open your bedroom door only to get a 1st hand look at Ted Bundy smiling at you with a tack hammer in his hand. The dog barrells through you almost knocking you on your ass, your last glimpse it ole Ted saying "holy shit" and turning to run down the stairs.. You turn around and head back to the nightstand to get your weapon of choice, the Dog hits the end of the hall at 1.1 seconds and rounds the corner catching Ted and his tack hammer before he makes it halfway down the stairs. You hear loud noises followed with screaming, as you run to the babys room and lock both the baby and the wife in the bedroom to call 911, while you go downstairs to make sure the dog is ok, and have a much calmer conversation with old Ted in knowing that the odds were severely stacked in your favor from the get go.. Now you call your buddies with the pair of plyers and a blow torch and save the tax payers some money..
Home protection and good for the economy brown.. win / win situation as far as I can see. ;)
You can even modify that.. Accidental shootings in the house happen. Middle of the night it's dark, your half asleep and it turns out to be a family member. With the dog, the dog barks you open the door, the dog rushes and instantly recognizes Uncle Ned whom is now standing very still.
RD

C-2
08-11-2006, 11:14 AM
Cities banning pit bulls doesn’t seem that silly to me.
Second hand smoke – yeah, that’s a bit extreme.
Banning dogs which are gonna cost me, Joe Citizen, an increase in my taxes because some stupid fawk failed to control his dog – maybe not such a bad idea.
You’ve gotta know it all boils down to responsibility and who is gonna pay.
The dog owner is gonna be up chit creek without a paddle when they realize they are not covered by ANY insurance policy and are about to lose everything they have.
The victim is gonna be pissed because they won’t be able to cash in on some insurance funds.
So where do both parties turn – yup, any government agency they can sink their meathooks into. :220v: :220v:

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
Banning dogs which are gonna cost me, Joe Citizen, an increase in my taxes because some stupid fawk failed to control his dog – maybe not such a bad idea.
You’ve gotta know it all boils down to responsibility and who is gonna pay.
The dog owner is gonna be up chit creek without a paddle when they realize they are not covered by ANY insurance policy and are about to lose everything they have.
The victim is gonna be pissed because they won’t be able to cash in on some insurance funds.
So where do both parties turn – yup, any government agency they can sink their meathooks into. :220v: :220v:
I usually agree with what alot of your posts.. but what the hell are you talking about?
If my dog bites the neighbor kid and they come after me only to find their not going to get rich quick.. How are they going to sue the government, and how am I going to do the same?
That almost sounds like the same dumbass argument for the seatbelt law.. Costs tax payers money. Well I have health insurance, and I have auto insurance and I have laid it out to my family to unplug my ass if I'm a vegetable, so how am I costing taxpayers anything?
RD

Tom Brown
08-11-2006, 11:18 AM
The vast majority of pitbull attacks aren't fatal either Brown. Lots of damage though I agree with the point your making.
My point is if you had an infant around the house, even a cocker spaniel can seriously disfigure and probably kill a baby. Given that circumstance I think I'd be all for having the dog 98th on the list of most likely to bite, then # 1.
Since you brought up that point though lets raise another good point on the abillity to inflict damage. It's late at night you've just put your infant to bed for the 5th time and you are dead tired. You finally pass out and could probably sleep through WWIII if given the opportunity. In your sleep someone breaks into your house, their intentions are unknown.
Now your story can take several turns..
The person breaks into your house and starts to come up the stairs, the cockerspaniel barks effectively waking you up. You leap from your bed to open your bedroom door only to get a 1st hand look at Ted Bundy smiling at you with a tack hammer in his hand. The dog is hiding behind you.
The dog barks you promptly pull your gun out of the nightstand drawer next to your bed to open the door and see Ted smiling at you with a tack hammer. Ted see's you standing their in your undies all of a sudden contemplating the meaning of "Bringing a knife to a gun fight." Your half asleep though and still blurry eyed and your not 100% as to what's happening just yet. You aim and pull the trigger bullet goes through the walls of the house hitting god knows what, and certainly doesn't slow down at your place. Best check the neighbors.
Now lets say your a pitbull owner (probably not a hippy if you own a pit) but non gun owner.
The person breaks into your house and starts to come up the stairs, the pitbull begins to growl and bark effectively waking you up. You leap from your bed to open your bedroom door only to get a 1st hand look at Ted Bundy smiling at you with a tack hammer in his hand. The dog barrells through you almost knocking you on your ass, your last glimpse it ole Ted saying "holy shit" and turning to run down the stairs.. Dog hits the end of the hall at 1.1 seconds and rounds the corner catching Ted and his tack hammer before he makes it halfway down the stairs. You hear loud noises followed with screaming, as you run to the babys room and lock both the baby and the wife in the bedroom to call 911, while you go downstairs to finish the job alongside the dog.
The person breaks into your house and starts to come up the stairs, the pitbull begins to growl and bark effectively waking you up. You leap from your bed to open your bedroom door only to get a 1st hand look at Ted Bundy smiling at you with a tack hammer in his hand. The dog barrells through you almost knocking you on your ass, your last glimpse it ole Ted saying "holy shit" and turning to run down the stairs.. You turn around and head back to the nightstand to get your weapon of choice, the Dog hits the end of the hall at 1.1 seconds and rounds the corner catching Ted and his tack hammer before he makes it halfway down the stairs. You hear loud noises followed with screaming, as you run to the babys room and lock both the baby and the wife in the bedroom to call 911, while you go downstairs to make sure the dog is ok, and have a much calmer conversation with old Ted in knowing that the odds were severely stacked in your favor from the get go.. Now you call your buddies with the pair of plyers and a blow torch and save the tax payers some money..
Home protection and good for the economy brown.. win / win situation as far as I can see. ;)
You can even modify that.. Accidental shootings in the house happen. Middle of the night it's dark, your half asleep and it turns out to be a family member. With the dog, the dog barks you open the door, the dog rushes and instantly recognizes Uncle Ned whom is now standing very still.
RD
How come when someone doesn't want to believe something might be true, they just start talking and don't stop until they've got themselves convinced the thing they want to believe is true?
Let's have a look at the CDC dog attack fatality statistics.
Total cases studied - 279 (from 1979 to 1996)
Breed with most fatal attacks - Pit Bull - 60 (21.5%)
Second most - Rottweilers - 29 (10.4%)
... and then the numbers get pretty small per breed.
OK... go ahead and obfuscate that Dave.

Tom Brown
08-11-2006, 11:20 AM
I take it you're a non-pit bull owning smoker.

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 11:23 AM
How come when someone doesn't want to believe something might be true, they just start talking and don't stop until they've got themselves convinced the thing they want to believe is true?
Let's have a look at the CDC dog attack fatality statistics.
Total cases studied - 279 (from 1979 to 1996)
Breed with most fatal attacks - Pit Bull - 60 (21.5%)
Second most - Rottweilers - 29 (10.4%)
... and then the numbers get pretty small per breed.
OK... go ahead and obfuscate that Dave.
Obfuscate'n beginning..
Look up the # of dog bites in relation to breeds and tell me where pits are on the list. Second part of that being millions of pits, hundreds of millions of people in the U.S. Seems to me that 60 people isn't bad across almost 20 years..
Look up deaths per year caused by toothpicks! Last I checked I think it was in the neighborhood of 5 people a year die in the USA from toothpicks. Well 5 a year across 17 years = 85 people.
So more people died from toothpicks during that study then from pitbulls.
Common Sense Tom.. Common sense.
So now out of the millions of dogs, and hundreds of millions of people we can say that your 141% more likely to die from a toothpick then a pitbull, and the odds of dieing from a toothpick are??
RD

Her454
08-11-2006, 11:33 AM
TOOTHPICS? ROTFLMAO!
Racial tension, Pit Bull controversy. If someone throws drinking and driving into the mix, RD just may stroke out today. ;)

C-2
08-11-2006, 11:34 AM
I usually agree with what alot of your posts.. but what the hell are you talking about?
If my dog bites the neighbor kid and they come after me only to find their not going to get rich quick.. How are they going to sue the government, and how am I going to do the same?
That almost sounds like the same dumbass argument for the seatbelt law.. Costs tax payers money. Well I have health insurance, and I have auto insurance and I have laid it out to my family to unplug my ass if I'm a vegetable, so how am I costing taxpayers anything?
RD
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your post, lol
Look at the big picture - it goes above and beyond a private homewoner, which is why the city is contemplating banning them. Another angle is insurance - why are the dogs excluded - cuz the claims they generate cost a lot more than the Cocker Spaniel bites you are referring to.
What type of dogs do you find in government subsidized housing projects - Rotts and Pitts, not Cocker Spaniels. Who is gonna pay if a person is mauled in a Section 8 apartment?
That was my point

h2oski2fast
08-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Damn liberals.
You forgot the rest of the story: Ted gets his ass blown away..... end of Ted.
The rest of this story: Cops show up, arrest Ted. Ted, being alive still, then sues you (costing the tax payers money). Ted goes to jail for a bit for trespassing, then proceeds to get out of jail. Next, he is bored one night and goes out to a neighborhood and breaks into someone else's house. He then cuts the family into pieces and packs then in his freezer for a bbq at a later time.
All this because you damn liberals would rather have a dog than a gun. :D :D :D
Oh yeah, RD SUX!

Jordy
08-11-2006, 12:03 PM
What a great thread!!! Pit bulls, toothpicks, and Ted Bundy. Nice. :D :D :D

Her454
08-11-2006, 12:05 PM
What a great thread!!! Pit bulls, toothpicks, and Ted Bundy. Nice. :D :D :D
Hey there sexy, I missed you :)

Jordy
08-11-2006, 12:16 PM
Hey there sexy, I missed you :)
Awww shucks... :) :p :)

Tom Brown
08-11-2006, 12:23 PM
Obfuscate'n beginning..
Seems to me that 60 people isn't bad across almost 20 years..
Look up deaths per year caused by toothpicks! Last I checked I think it was in the neighborhood of 5 people a year die in the USA from toothpicks. Well 5 a year across 17 years = 85 people.
"So you see officer, you shouldn't give me the 90 mph speeding ticket because about an hour ago a guy passed me doing closer to 100."

HM
08-11-2006, 12:24 PM
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about your post, lol
Look at the big picture - it goes above and beyond a private homewoner, which is why the city is contemplating banning them. Another angle is insurance - why are the dogs excluded - cuz the claims they generate cost a lot more than the Cocker Spaniel bites you are referring to.
What type of dogs do you find in government subsidized housing projects - Rotts and Pitts, not Cocker Spaniels. Who is gonna pay if a person is mauled in a Section 8 apartment?
That was my point
So your point is that your a liberal? I had no idea! :D Yep, lets make laws that do nothing except punish the law abiding citizens, but I sure bet it makes you feel good making a law like that....I mean, it is the thought that counts, right?
Perhaps they could just enforce the laws these people are ALREADY breaking? Nah, too much trouble. We need more laws for these people who already ignore the laws...yep, that makes perfect sense....to Tom Brown. :D

HM
08-11-2006, 12:26 PM
"So you see officer, you shouldn't give me the 90 mph speeding ticket because about an hour ago a guy passed me doing closer to 100."
Tom, you crack me up. When are you going to move to a real country and take some deductive reasoning classes? :D

Tom Brown
08-11-2006, 12:34 PM
When are you going to move to a real country and take some deductive reasoning classes? :D
I'm working on it but unfortunately, I don't have the prerequisites for those classes just yet. Once I have started smoking, driving drunk, and giving my neighbors lawn jobs on a regular basis, I'll have enough common sense to carry on a conversation with pit bull owners like yourself.

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 12:42 PM
Tom the point of it is that your far more likely to die by using toothpicks then to get attacked fatally by a pitbull. It's up there in the getting struck by lightening category. Should we outlaw being outside on potentially static days?
I don't have the lists anymore (just looked but I'm not going to put too much effort into this as it's worthless) but one of the most common forms of death was slipping and falling while bathing. Should we outlaw that too? I mean it's potentially dangerous.. Exponentially more dangerous then owning a pitbull.
Something tells me your still going to be taking showers.
RD

76ANTHONY
08-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Oh my god. Did you steal my dog?!?!
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a378/LuckyPenny71x/131046123_l2.jpg
your dogs a huge bully and he scares the hell outta me... :crossx: :) :) :)

h2oski2fast
08-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Tom the point of it is that your far more likely to die by using toothpicks then to get attacked fatally by a pitbull. It's up there in the getting struck by lightening category. Should we outlaw being outside on potentially static days?
I don't have the lists anymore (just looked but I'm not going to put too much effort into this as it's worthless) but one of the most common forms of death was slipping and falling while bathing. Should we outlaw that too? I mean it's potentially dangerous.. Exponentially more dangerous then owning a pitbull.
Something tells me your still going to be taking showers.
RD
That's one reason I don't take baths......... But if that is your thing, so be it, I'm thinking Stacey has taken some of your machismo away. :crossx: :crossx: :crossx:

HM
08-11-2006, 12:48 PM
I'm working on it but unfortunately, I don't have the prerequisites for those classes just yet. Once I have started smoking, driving drunk, and giving my neighbors lawn jobs on a regular basis, I'll have enough common sense to carry on a conversation with pit bull owners like yourself.
I admire that you have set some goals. :D

lucky
08-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Tom the point of it is that your far more likely to die by using toothpicks then to get attacked fatally by a pitbull.
RD
obvioulsy Rd you have not put lunch meat in you stoned friends pants and dared him to run threw the lumber yard at night

RiverDave
08-11-2006, 12:52 PM
obvioulsy Rd you have not put lunch meat in you stoned friends pants and dared him to run threw the lumber yard at night
LMAO :D Nope haven't done that... yet.
Chopper sick balls!
RD

Rexone
08-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Pitbulls are mean mo-fos and should be banned from all cities without exception.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732pitbull2-med.jpg

Her454
08-11-2006, 01:21 PM
Pitbulls are mean mo-fos and should be banned from all cities without exception.
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732pitbull2-med.jpg
I agree, that pic is the epitome of fear.

GUGS102
08-11-2006, 02:38 PM
I see both sides of this one. Not absolute in either direction. My wife is heavily involved in the K-9 industry. She trains dogs for disabled people and actively trains and competes in agility.(jumps,hoops, tunnels etc.)
We have a staffy bull terrier. Looks like a pit pup. 16" tall and 35 pounds. This is the equivilent of the Labrador in Europe as far as popularity goes. The number 1-3 dog owned in Europe. Labled "the nanny dog" due to its mannerism and devotion. Love this dog to death.
Is she capable of inflicting serious damage? Absolutely, but so is my 85 pound lab, 55 pound service dog (also lab). Point is the enviroment and training go a long way.
That said, there are pitts I see which I shy away from. They are an intimidating breed capable of nasty things, but so are we as humans. There's plenty of people I shy away from too.
I don't have an answer to this one, but boy I'd like to smack people when I see the fighting rings and puppy mills out there.

DeeCandyBar
08-11-2006, 04:55 PM
Obfuscate'n beginning..
Look up the # of dog bites in relation to breeds and tell me where pits are on the list. Second part of that being millions of pits, hundreds of millions of people in the U.S. Seems to me that 60 people isn't bad across almost 20 years..
So more people died from toothpicks during that study then from pitbulls.
So now out of the millions of dogs, and hundreds of millions of people we can say that your 141% more likely to die from a toothpick then a pitbull, and the odds of dieing from a toothpick are??
RD
for an ignorant guy you sure aren't shy.
here are 10 facts about dog attacks that you might want to learn:
1. There are almost 5 million victims annually -- about 2% of the entire population.
2. 800,000 need medical attention.
3. 1,000 per day need treatment in hospital emergency rooms.
4. Between 15 and 20 die per year.
5. Most of the victims who receive medical attention are children, half of whom are bitten in the face.
6. Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year, with $345 million paid by insurance.
7. The property/casualty insurance industry paid $250 million for dog bite claims in 1995, $310 million in 2001, and $345.5 million in 2002.
8. In the US from 1979 to 1996, 304 people in the US died from dog attacks.
9. 30 in California died from dog attacks from 1979 to 1996.
10. The average number of deaths per year was 17.
Dog Bite Law
Dog Bite Statistics
There is a dog bite epidemic in the United States. There are almost 5 million victims annually -- about 2% of the entire population. 800,000 need medical attention. 1,000 per day need treatment in hospital emergency rooms. Between 15 and 20 die per year. Most of the victims who receive medical attention are children, half of whom are bitten in the face. Dog bite losses exceed $1 billion per year, with $345 million paid by insurance.
The problem appears to be growing. In a 7-year period during the 1990's, the number of dogs rose by 2% while the number of bites increased by 33%. The property/casualty insurance industry paid $250 million for dog bite claims in 1995, $310 million in 2001, and $345.5 million in 2002. Additional losses were paid by other segments of the insurance industry, such as health insurers.
The dog bite epidemic: a primer
Canine homicides and the dog bite epidemic: do not confuse them
The dogs most likely to kill
Children are the most frequent victims
The face is the most frequent target
This is a section of the web site Dog Bite Law (www.dogbitelaw.com) -- the most comprehensive educational web site for dog bite victims, dog owners, parents, journalists and others interested in the dog bite epidemic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The dog bite epidemic: a primer
The number of dogs. There currently are 65 million dogs in the USA. (American Pet Products Manufacturers Association (APPMA) 2003-2004 National Pet Owners Survey, cited by The Humane Society of the United States, U.S. Pet Ownership Statistics.)
The number of victims.
A survey by the national Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta ("CDC") concluded that dogs bite nearly 2% of the U.S. population -- more than 4.7 million people annually. (Sacks JJ, Kresnow M, Houston B. Dog bites: how big a problem? Injury Prev 1996;2:52-4.)
Almost 800,000 bites per year -- one out of every 6 -- are serious enough to require medical attention. (Weiss HB, Friedman D, Coben JH. Incidence of dog bite injuries treated in emergency departments. JAMA 1998;279:51-53.)
Dog bites send nearly 368,000 victims to hospital emergency departments per year (914 per day). Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Nonfatal Dog Bite–Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments — United States, 2001, MMWR 2003;52:605-610. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report is published by the CDC.
16,476 dog bites to persons aged 16 years or greater were work related. (Ibid., Nonfatal Dog Bite–Related Injuries Treated in Hospital Emergency Departments — United States, 2001, MMWR 2003;52:608.
Every year 2,851 letter carriers are bitten. (US Postal Service.)
Getting bitten by a dog is the second most frequent cause of visits to emergency rooms. (Weiss HB, Friedman DI, Coben JH. "Incidence of dog bite injuries treated in emergency departments," JAMA 1998;279:53, citing US Consumer Product Safety Commission, "Injuries associated with selected sports and recreational equipment treated in hospital emergency departments, calendar year 1994." Consumer Product Safety Review, Summer 1996;1:5. Also citing US Consumer Product Safety Commission, "Stair Steps and Baby Walkers Don't Mix." Washington D.C.:US Consumer Product Safety Commission;1992. Consumer Product Safety Alert No. 009207.)
An American has a one in 50 chance of being bitten by a dog each year. (CDC.)
The number of fatalities.
In the US from 1979 to 1996, 304 people in the US died from dog attacks, including 30 in California.
The average number of deaths per year was 17.
Most of the deceased were children. ("Dog-Bite-Related Fatalities -- United States, 1995-1996," MMWR 46(21):463-467, 1997.)
The chances that the victim of a fatal dog attack will be a burglar are one in 177; the odds that it will be a child are 7 out of 10.
However, fatalities are highly unusual. For every fatal dog bite in the United States, there are 230,000 bites that are not treated by a physician.
The financial impact of dog bites.
Dog attack victims in the US suffer over $1 billion in monetary losses every year. ("Take the bite out of man's best friend." State Farm Times, 1998;3(5):2.)
That $1 billion estimate might be low -- an article in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that, in 1995, State Farm paid $70 million on 11,000 claims and estimated that the total annual insurance cost for dog bites was about $2 billion. (Voelker R. "Dog bites recognized as public health problem." JAMA 1997;277:278,280.)
In 2003 dog bites accounted for about one quarter of all homeowner’s insurance liability claims, costing roughly $321.6 million, down slightly from about $345.5 the previous year. (Insurance Information Institute.) In 2002 (latest data available) liability claims accounted for 6 percent of homeowners claim costs. (Ibid.) The same year the average dog bite claim cost insurers $16,600. (Ibid.) In 1998, one in three homeowner insurance claims pertained to a dog bite but the average insurance payout was $12,000. ("Take the bite out of man's best friend." State Farm Times, 1998;3(5):2.)
Researchers from the CDC estimated that the direct medical costs of dog bites per year equal $164.9 million in the USA. Quinlan KP, Sacks JJ. Hospitalizations for Dog Bite Injuries [letter] JAMA 1999; 281:232-233. Also available by clicking here.
here's the source of the above information: http://www.dogbitelaw.com/PAGES/statistics.html#Thedogbiteepidemic
it was the first hit on a google search for "dog bite statistics"
i'd help you use google but you're too busy posting racist remarks that you try to pass off as humor.
maybe you should stick to defending drinking and boating.

LOWRIVER2
08-11-2006, 05:06 PM
I agree 100% it's not the breed but the environment the animal was raised/trained in.
But the best way to get a viscuious dog away short of bullets is still the fire extinguisher. Dog's can't handle the CO2 taking over their nose which is the most important sensory device they have. Rarely fails to get them off and away.

DeeCandyBar
08-11-2006, 05:07 PM
and as for your discussion about how many pit bulls bite people:
The last CDC study reports that "some breed information was available for 238 human dog-bite-related-fatalities" (of the more than 327 deaths caused by dogs from 1979-1998).
This means there were 89 deaths caused by dogs between 1979-1998 of which the CDC had no information as to which breed(s) of dog were involved.
this means that there's not enough information on the breeds of dogs involved in the attacks. no information means no conclusions.
ps: be careful with that toothpick

RiverDave
08-14-2006, 11:10 AM
Ok I rifled through your regurgitated information, and I'm not seeing where any of it made me look ignorant? In using the stats that were posted on the board I argued the point that a toothpick kills more people annually then pitulls. Your statistic (no breed information means no conclusions) would serve to only argue that point further.
As far as being careful with that toothpick, what's that got to do with you being a jerk off?
RD

Her454
08-18-2006, 09:34 AM
Hmmm, interesting. And Im not out to defame Pit's, just noticing all the attacks and publicity lately.... This kid is only 17 years old and sounds like maybe didnt care for this dog so well and the comment "to make money" makes me wonder. I know for a fact that Yuma is a breeding ground for assholes that raise them to fight in Mexico. I lived next door to a couple that had 6 pits at one time and they used to fight them. They had a female for quite a while and one night they came home and he shot her in the backyard.........she was all torn up and had lost that night.
Owner said pit bull was well cared for, not aggressive
BY JEFFREY GAUTREAUX, SUN STAFF WRITER
Aug 17, 2006, 9:25 pm
The owner of a pit bull that attacked an Yuma man Wednesday said he is done with the breed forever.
Jose Velador, 17, said the attack was unexpected and out of character for the female dog he had owned for eight months. He said he treated his female pit bull well, but the dog still turned out to be aggressive — a trait he attributes to the breed.
"After this, I don't feel like they should (be legal)," he said. "They're all the same whether they are mistreated or not. This gave me a different view. I treated mine very well, I cared for it, and it was still aggressive."
Eugene Gill, 77, of Yuma was in fair condition Thursday at Yuma Regional Medical Center after being bitten on the arms and hands by two pit bulls that attacked him in the 2000 block of Maple Avenue, according to the Yuma Police Department.
Gill declined an interview request, a hospital spokeswoman said.
Police identified the owners of the dogs as Velador and his mother, Leticia Velador, 50. YPD spokesman Clint Norred said police sent a long-form complaint to the Yuma County Attorney's Office against both for charges of assault by a vicious animal, which is a felony; endangerment; and dogs at large. The county attorney will review the investigation and decide whether to file charges.
While both dogs stayed at the Velador's residence at 2068 S. Maple Ave., Velador said he owned the female and a friend owned the male dog. The female was shot to death by a YPD officer, and the male was caught and impounded by the Humane Society of Yuma.
Lt. Jeff Philpot, interim executive director of the humane society, said the male dog was not licensed or vaccinated. The female was licensed and vaccinated.
Philpot's professional opinion is that the female had gone into heat for the first time and did not want to be in the yard with the male, so it escaped and attacked Gill. He said the dog may have been well taken care of, but the breed requires specialized handling that many owners do not or cannot provide.
"It was a juvenile owner, who did not have the right information to work from," Philpot said. "I also think he had the wrong motivation, which was to make money. It was a tragedy waiting to happen."
Philpot said in the humane society's interview with Velador, the youth said the goal was to breed the dogs and sell the puppies. However, he told The Sun that he was a "pit bull lover" and simply wanted a puppy for himself.
Velador said the dogs would normally spend about half the day inside the house and about half the day running free within a fenced yard. "I have no idea how they could get out," Velador said. "They must have jumped the fence. That was the humane society's conclusion."
Philpot said pit bulls are extremely athletic, and the waist-high fence around the home was not enough to keep them in. He said a 6-foot fence with an outside kennel that is the dog's own space is preferable.
Velador said the dogs had never attacked or bitten anyone. He did not train them to fight, and said children would often be at the home and the dogs were playful. The humane society had never previously been called to the home, Philpot said.
Philpot said information from the owners about where they got the dogs was scanty, so it is unknown if their lineages may contain dogs that were bred for fighting. He said offspring from dogs bred to fight may contain similar repressed urges.
Every year, the humane society takes in and euthanizes more pit bulls than any other breed. Philpot did not have figures for how many are in the city, but he said there are higher numbers here because the dogs are popular, in some cases being owned as a sign of toughness.
Although only 17, Velador said he was mature enough to own and care for the dog. He works at a restaurant and has attended Yuma High School in the past. He plans to enroll there and start classes this coming week. "I did feel I was responsible enough," he said. "I was never expecting anything like this."
Philpot said Velador had made mistakes, but he applauded him for standing up and taking responsibility for the incident. Velador did not blame the police for shooting the dog and hoped to contact Gill to apologize.
Different cities around the county have outlawed pit bulls because of similar attacks, but, as an owner of two himself, Philpot hopes that doesn't happen. He said the problem is irresponsible ownership, not something innate in the dogs.
"Do I fear the breed? Absolutely not. I wouldn't classify the breed as any more dangerous than any other we have," he said.

YeLLowBoaT
08-18-2006, 09:51 AM
In the end it comes down to ppl. Those that train and or breed thier dogs for aggressive tendacys are to blame. I made my mind up long ago. If I ever see a dog attacking some 1, that dog is dead.
The reason why the SF area is cracking down on pit bulls is the last few years they have had some terralbe attacks on children. I mean deaths and ampuations do to pit bull attacks.
CPS pulling a child from a home with a aggressive dog is not uncomen.

Her454
08-18-2006, 09:53 AM
CPS pulling a child from a home with a aggressive dog is not uncomen.
I had NEVER heard of that.

YeLLowBoaT
08-18-2006, 10:01 AM
normally its only a few days...( IE aminal control comes for the dog.) Still if a cps worker gives you a choice, your dog or your kid. If you choose your dog, you should not allowed to have a kid.

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Before I go into dissecting one of RD's multiple posts, let's see a show of hands - how many people ON HERE (our little cross-section if you will) have been bit/mauled by a dog, that required more than a band-aid? I'm just curious to know.
STV_Keith <---- raises hand. I'll get to that later - just interested in our statistics.
OK, I admit I LOL'd at this one for a good minute. Continue...
RD, let's also contemplate a good conservative. Hopefully, they have weighed the pros and cons of gun ownership, and have made that mental decision to have a "line in the sand" in their head that immediately triggers the shoot/no-shoot scenario. That being said, they have probably already considered possible trajectories (you mention wife/kids later) that don't put loved ones in harms way (may mean shooting down the stairway with floor as a backstop, may mean shooting in a direction with more than adequate number of walls between said assailant and outside world, etc). They have considered and decided on a weapon designed for major stopping power in consideration for bullet penetration (ie, shotgun over 9mm, AR-15 [.223] rifle over shotgun, etc). I guess this also assumes you live in non-communist USA. ;) Checking the neighbors should be a formality designed to comfort them after hearing bumps (or pops) in the night and coming to investigate.
You can even modify that.. Accidental shootings in the house happen.
RD
Modify that more Dave, there is no such thing as an accidental shooting (discharge), on a NEGLIGENT one. The round ONLY goes off if the trigger is pressed - accidental presumes to remove the responsibility from the operator; negligent is the proper term. :)

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 10:56 AM
RD
Just remember Dave, Common sense isn't common, anymore. :cool:

Her454
08-18-2006, 10:58 AM
Before I go into dissecting one of RD's multiple posts, let's see a show of hands - how many people ON HERE (our little cross-section if you will) have been bit/mauled by a dog, that required more than a band-aid? I'm just curious to know.
STV_Keith <---- raises hand. I'll get to that later - just interested in our statistics.
Her454 ~ Raising her hand. 8 Years old, 14 Stitches, German Shepherd.

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 10:59 AM
RD
Damn Dave, you're on a roll!
Bottom line is looks like more of the Gov't trying to protect us from ourselves. I am pretty sure it's really called natural selection - some people just don't seem to like the selection choices.

Tom Brown
08-18-2006, 11:04 AM
I mean deaths and ampuations do to pit bull attacks.
No way. Those must be toothpick accidents that people are mis-representing as pit bull attacks.

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 11:04 AM
BY JEFFREY GAUTREAUX, SUN STAFF WRITER
Aug 17, 2006, 9:25 pm
"After this, I don't feel like they should (be legal)," he said.
So once he was "done with the breed", then it shouldn't be legal for anyone else? Fock I hate it when people try to put their beliefs on me. Let me make up my own damn mind. I have the right of CHOICE after all!

HM
08-18-2006, 11:06 AM
No way. Those must be toothpick accidents that people are mis-representing as pit bull attacks.
Tom, I really want you to take a deductive reasoning course...soon. I will even pay. :D

Tom Brown
08-18-2006, 11:08 AM
I'd like to have a conversation with you HM but that won't be possible until you take your hands off your ears and stop humming.

Her454
08-18-2006, 11:18 AM
So once he was "done with the breed", then it shouldn't be legal for anyone else? Fock I hate it when people try to put their beliefs on me. Let me make up my own damn mind. I have the right of CHOICE after all!
Thanks for settin me up for the firing squad. I can name a few on here that don't have the smartz to realize that was NOT my quote. :rolleyes: :rollside:

Tom Brown
08-18-2006, 11:20 AM
Thanks for settin me up for the firing squad.
Yeah, Keith. What's the big idea? Why do you come over here from RLL and cause a bunch of drama? I guess a pit bull doesn't like to shit in his own back yard. :mad:

Her454
08-18-2006, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Keith. What's the big idea? Why do you come over here from RLL and cause a bunch of drama? I guess a pit bull doesn't like to shit in his own back yard. :mad:
Do we need to put you back on your leash too?

Tom Brown
08-18-2006, 11:23 AM
Do we need to put you back on your leash too?
WTF? I can't explain it. :confused:
I'm normally all cuddly and loveable. People trust me with their children but I snapped just then. :eek:

Her454
08-18-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm normally all cuddly and loveable. People trust me with their children but I snapped just then. :eek:
Probably in how you were raised. A little more TLC in the paper training stage and this would never have happened.

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 11:27 AM
Thanks for settin me up for the firing squad. I can name a few on here that don't have the smartz to realize that iwas NOT my quote. :rolleyes: :rollside:
Here, I'll fix that up for you.
:p

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 11:28 AM
Can it Brown! :cry:
http://www.speedcraving.com/keith/avatars/subgun150.gif

Her454
08-18-2006, 11:36 AM
Here, I'll fix that up for you.
:p
Thanks for helping peoples out like Lucky and HolyMoly.
"One peoples at a time LOL".

spectras only
08-18-2006, 11:39 AM
My 0.02 on this is , if you have a dog [ regardless of breed ] you've trained to protect you Harley from being stolen , get a damn MUZZLE for it when taking it out for a stroll . There are a lot of owners around here using these dogs for protection :idea: . I love dogs and seen attacks by them as a kid while growing up in europe . The government forced the owners to muzzle their dogs in public and the owners were held responsible for attacks. If you have a child that was defaced by a pittbull [ happened here in the okanagan area ] and you see that face for the rest of your life , it changes your attitude towards vicious dogs . Don't ban the dogs , ban the stupid f...ks owning a dog , who wants to train them to kill !

Tom Brown
08-18-2006, 11:43 AM
No question. I definitely blame my parents. It's definitely not me.
I don't think we should kill pitbulls Chinese dog killing squad style. We owe the animals something that goes far beyond killing them. I don't know if pitbulls should be with children. I really don't know enough about them.
I've never been a big fan of pitbulls. A couple of kids got hurt pretty bad by a pitbull in the neighborhood I grew up in. That was back in the late 80s when I was in university. When I was a kid, I was told not to go down a certain street. Some of my friends were told the same thing. The guy had mean dogs. I never knew the breed of his dogs when I was a kid but these two kids were hurt by a pitbull, according to the local paper.
Anyway, I don't think there should be streets that kids shouldn't go down. If something is unsafe, it should be dealt with. If that means taking a staple gun to the owner's balls until he complies, I'll squeeze that trigger. Do what you want but make me unsafe and it's on.
Even the animal lovers I know stay away from pitbulls. I know a woman who is a vet and she will put a pit under sedation for most treatments and always with the owner there while sedating. The way she describes it, it's like working with a live explosive. They can be OK, get scared, and then you're in big trouble. Lots of dogs are like that but she treats all pits that way.
When pits come to the animal shelter, they are not released from their cages during the open house that happens every weekend. They let many of the dogs out into a big pen to big fenced off pen that people can go in to visit the animals. Pitbull terriers are never released into the pen. They are treated with extreme caution. These people who run the shelter know animals. They are experts. A couple of them are vets.
In closing I'd like to say that I've been doing crystal meth for a couple of years. It was a bit of a financial hardship for a while but now that I make my own, everything is good. My family is totally worried. They judge it without knowing it. That pisses me off because I know it's not a problem. People who have never tried it get all up in my face about it being a bad thing but they have no right to judge me. I haven't hurt anyone or stolen anything. I know it's all under control. It's everyone who thinks it's bad who is the problem.

Her454
08-18-2006, 11:47 AM
I don't think we should kill pitbulls Chinese dog killing squad style. We owe the animals something that goes far beyond killing them. I don't know if pitbulls should be with children. I really don't know enough about them.
I've never been a big fan of pitbulls. A couple of kids got hurt pretty bad by a pitbull in the neighborhood I grew up in. That was back in the late 80s when I was in university. When I was a kid, I was told not to go down a certain street. Some of my friends were told the same thing. The guy had mean dogs. I never knew the breed of his dogs when I was a kid but these two kids were hurt by a pitbull, according to the local paper.
Anyway, I don't think there should be streets that kids shouldn't go down. If something is unsafe, it should be dealt with. If that means taking a staple gun to the owner's balls until he complies, I'll squeeze that trigger. Do what you want but make me unsafe and it's on.
Even the animal lovers I know stay away from pitbulls. I know a woman who is a vet and she will put a pit under sedation for most treatments and always with the owner there while sedating. The way she describes it, it's like working with a live explosive. They can be OK, get scared, and then you're in big trouble. Lots of dogs are like that but she treats all pits that way.
When pits come to the animal shelter, they are not released from their cages during the open house that happens every weekend. They let many of the dogs out into a big pen to big fenced off pen that people can go in to visit the animals. Pitbull terriers are never released into the pen. They are treated with extreme caution. These people who run the shelter know animals. They are experts. A couple of them are vets.
In closing I'd like to say that I've been doing crystal meth for a couple of years. It was a bit of a financial hardship for a while but now that I make my own, everything is good. My family is totally worried. They judge it without knowing it. That pisses me off because I know it's not a problem. People who have never tried it get all up in my face about it being a bad thing but they have no right to judge me. I haven't hurt anyone or stolen anything. I know it's all under control. It's everyone who thinks it's bad who is the problem.'
It's really scary how confused you had me there for a moment.

Tequila-John
08-18-2006, 11:47 AM
In closing I'd like to say that I've been doing crystal meth for a couple of years. It was a bit of a financial hardship for a while but now that I make my own, everything is good. My family is totally worried. They judge it without knowing it. That pisses me off because I know it's not a problem. People who have never tried it get all up in my face about it being a bad thing but they have no right to judge me. I haven't hurt anyone or stolen anything. I know it's all under control. It's everyone who thinks it's bad who is the problem.
COOL. Maybe Dr. Phil can help bud?

Tom Brown
08-18-2006, 11:53 AM
It's really scary how confused you had me there for a moment.
My plan is working nicely. :cool:

RiverDave
08-18-2006, 11:54 AM
Tom did you feel "unsafe" at my house disregarding the cigarette smoke? The dog ever bother you, or make you feel like the odds of attack are above dieing from a toothpick?
I submit to you that your comment that "You don't know enough about them" is B.S. I say that you do know somethings about them, but you choose to ignore those things (and that 1st hand experience) on the basis of something your parents told you when you were a kid. If the guy had mean german shepards would it then be ok to go down that street? Fact is the guy had some mean dogs, doesn't matter what kind they are, and eventually bad shit happened with a bad dog.. That's common sense.
On 4th of July weekend there was a party at my house.. Some guy showed up with a pontoon boat. Really nice guy, and pretty personable. He also brought this little dog with him. Keep in mind this is a party, with a shitload of people.. The dog jumps off the boat and hangs with him for about 2 minutes before it gets bored and starts off cruising around.. In about 2 seconds it's in my house and now running around. My dog was in the house. In my opinion she had all rights to eat the thing... Yet she didn't. I threw that dog outside probably 5 times before I finally just put my dog in my room and shut the door. It wasn't worth the possibillity of that little shit doing something that would provoke my evil pitbull into controlling the situation.
That dog ran around all night.. Fireworks were going off ever so often scarying the bejeezus out of it. Well guess what at the end of the night, here comes some girl "Have you seen this guys little dog?" Then the guy comes "Hey have you seen my dog?" and so on and so on.. He took it to an unfamiliar place, didn't even remotely watch it, then when the fireworks spooked it, it ran off. They looked for it forever, and I'm not sure if he ever did get it back or not. Nice guy to talk too all night but, Imagine if he owned a pitbull. Now you have headlines in the making. Some people aren't meant to own a dog in general, let alone a dog that has the potential to do carnage if provoked, or put in a situation where it's confused and possibly scared? Just becuase somebody is a good guy doesn't mean it's the dogs fault if something happens. Doesn't always have to be raised with no aggresion in some instances.. Which is what I expect happened with this 17 year old trying to make money. Probably a good kid, had absolutely no business owning a pitbull let alone 2 and trying to breed them, and deal with a female pit during hormone swings etc..
RD

Tequila-John
08-18-2006, 11:55 AM
TB for President

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 12:32 PM
So out of all the people on HB that have read this thread, only T and I have been attacked...coincidentally, both by German Shepards. Hmmm.

lucky
08-18-2006, 12:42 PM
Thanks for helping peoples out like Lucky and HolyMoly.
"One peoples at a time LOL".
Those would be - huge pecked people ? we where hoping you would lend a hand :)

lucky
08-18-2006, 12:44 PM
i wonder if a pit bull has ever "snapped " when licking his balls ???
interesting

460 jus getn it
08-18-2006, 12:59 PM
This hole thread is funny, all the people who say pit bulls are bad dogs blah blah blah. Im actully considering getting one, this dog is the kindest most loving dog i have seen. Will i teach it to protect the ones who areound him the most, YOU BET YOUR ASS, if that makes me bad so be it. It all comes down to how you train them.
Look at dave's story, his dog had every right to maul that other dog yet she didnt why, CAUSE SHE IS TRAINED WELL.

spectras only
08-18-2006, 01:00 PM
So out of all the people on HB that have read this thread, only T and I have been attacked...coincidentally, both by German Shepards. Hmmm.
I've been bitten in the wrist by a german shepard :mad: , not a pitbull .

RiverDave
08-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Shit.. LOL I was actually thinking about getting a German sheppard pup as a companion for Neva (the pit).. This thread is kinda making me rethink that program. Maybe I should just get another pit.
RD

Rexone
08-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Not enough crate time.

STV_Keith
08-18-2006, 01:18 PM
As with the Pits, it's all in the training (or lack thereof). When I was 9, my next door neighbor has a Shepard named Huggy. Huggy wasn't all that friendly, but never got aggressive...until...
One day my neighbor and I were playing in the front yard and apparently the dog thought I was hurting him or something, came running up and bit me in the leg. I instantly went into shock. Took 5 inside and 39 outside stitches to close it up, and about a month later, plastic surgery and a skin graft. Pretty nasty scar, which covered 3/4 of the width of my leg at 9 years old. Took me out of 3rd grade for 3 months.
Bottom line, that could have been the Shepard, a Pit or a Golden Retriever given the training or lack thereof.