PDA

View Full Version : Krispy Kreme AZ/NM bankruptcy

Magic34
08-11-2006, 10:47 AM
Any doughnut lovers that have to have Krispy Kreme in AZ has it no more.
I have had them, but not addicted like some other people. I think they may need a program to cope with the loss.
The owner of the 10 franchises filed for bankruptcy and most of the employees showed up with locked doors.
This isn't Krispy Kreme corporate that filed, but rather the single franchise owner.

Desert Rat
08-11-2006, 10:49 AM
Wonder if it was the same guy that closed quite a few in SoCal??
Never thought much of them myself... That marshmello filled thing was just plain wrong!!! :yuk:

Magic34
08-11-2006, 10:54 AM
I dont understand why he would open more than 2 stores in the valley. It seemed they had every supermarket selling their doughnuts. All they had to do was get the dman things to the stores early in the morning and the supermarkets would sellout by 10 AM. The other 4 stores would have just raised expenses to the point of.. well, bankruptcy.
They had a really good thing going for a while. This thing can get pciked up for cheap now from the bank.

ROZ
08-11-2006, 11:19 AM
I think suprmarkets selling their donuts is the death to the fanchisee.
I'm not a kk fan, but it seems that supermarkets within an 8 mile range of an KK locations shouldn't be able to stock their donuts...
Also, our local small owner operator donut stores seem to be getting all their old business back...

DelawareDave
08-11-2006, 11:28 AM
KK in Delaware closed up last year.

Debbolas
08-11-2006, 11:29 AM
On the news last week, Krispy Kreme donuts are opening shops in China.
America has become "too healthy" for their donuts :rolleyes: (I like 'em):D

C-2
08-11-2006, 11:49 AM
I never understood them - they are just freakin donuts and nothing magical ever happened when I had them. To me they seem more of pop-genre craze like all the frozen yogurt joints in the late eighties.
Now if we can only wise up on Coffee. And we bitch about gas prices? :hammer2:

PHX ATC
08-11-2006, 12:40 PM
It's all those damn free ones the would give away when their "light" is on.
Duh, giving away profits baby! :)

Magic34
08-11-2006, 12:54 PM
It's all those damn free ones the would give away when their "light" is on.
Duh, giving away profits baby! :)
Wait.... I talked to you about 3 hours ago on your way to work.
Who the hell is directing the airplanes?

Rod-64
08-11-2006, 01:22 PM
The only donut there is..........as well as their coffee. :cool:
http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:jh47Qzfk5stncM:http://www.epinions.com/images/opti/d5/91/Dunkin_Donuts_Online_Store-resized200.gif

AZKC
08-11-2006, 02:34 PM
They shut the doors on the 2 stores here in town today. No biggie to me not a big fan :boxed:

PHX ATC
08-11-2006, 06:22 PM
Wait.... I talked to you about 3 hours ago on your way to work.
Who the hell is directing the airplanes?
What airplanes? :crossx:

YeLLowBoaT
08-11-2006, 10:35 PM
Theres 2 here in sac, both of them are hurting really bad( one will close very soon) I have to say they have some nasty donuts. I can't understand why any 1 likes them. Compared to the old "mom and pop" shops they just suck.
Too each its own I guess. My feeling is that the company got to big too fast.

CA Stu
08-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Their coffee is shit water. Good riddance.
Thanks
CA Stu

ultra27jay
08-11-2006, 11:11 PM
what about the ones with a drive threw? thats just not right. HELLO FAT AMERICA WE ARE HERE TO MAKE U FATTER !!!!!!!! i just dont get it. i say good by and good riddence....