PDA

View Full Version : Blue Water Quarantine!

Boatcop
08-11-2006, 11:51 AM
8/11/2006: The Colorado River Indian Tribe has placed a quarantine on the Colorado River in the area of the Blue Water resort and points south of there.
There has been an increasing number of people developing Shigella (http://www.foodsafety.gov/~mow/chap19.html) (a lower intestinal tract disorder) and reporting to Doctors and Hospitals in the area. The common denominator in all these cases is swimming or being in and/or around the Colorado River in those areas.
Signs have been placed near points of water access in the effected areas. CRIT Environmental Office is conducting water testing to determine if the water in these areas is the cause of the reported disorders.
No cases reported (as of yet) from areas up River of the Blue Water area.
Swim at your own risk.

ROZ
08-11-2006, 11:54 AM
The common denominator in all these cases is swimming or being in and/or around the Colorado River in those areas.
You sure the diahrea wasn't due to people drinking toooo much beer? :D

Cole Trickle
08-11-2006, 11:59 AM
8/11/2006: The Colorado River Indian Tribe has placed a quarantine on the Colorado River in the area of the Blue Water resort and points south of there.
There has been an increasing number of people developing Shigella (http://www.foodsafety.gov/~mow/chap19.html) (a lower intestinal tract disorder) and reporting to Doctors and Hospitals in the area. The common denominator in all these cases is swimming or being in and/or around the Colorado River in those areas.
Signs have been placed near points of water access in the effected areas. CRIT Environmental Office is conducting water testing to determine if the water in these areas is the cause of the reported disorders.
No cases reported (as of yet) from areas up River of the Blue Water area.
Swim at your own risk.
Rut roh....
How serious is it?
should I be concerend enought to stay home for the weekend?
<------ dosen't want to contract gonasiphyitis!!!!

rivercrazy
08-11-2006, 11:59 AM
All that Havasu water then Parker water probably has concentrations of well - something in it!
Parker sucks! :D

casean
08-11-2006, 12:05 PM
Rut roh....
How serious is it?
Actually can you still head out there this weekend and test the water for us, and report back? That way I will know what to expect when we head out next weekend :crossx:

Bense468
08-11-2006, 12:07 PM
I am headed out to Parker tonight. People need to not shit in the water. Will let you know if I come back with one leg.

Wmc
08-11-2006, 12:21 PM
Rut roh....
How serious is it?
Let us know how you feel next week. We are going to Parker next weekend. That means no floating around Blue Water. That sucks! :crossx:

h2oski2fast
08-11-2006, 12:21 PM
That's probably not the worst thing you can contract hanging out at the rock pile.

JB in so cal
08-11-2006, 12:25 PM
I am headed out to Parker tonight. People need to not shit in the water. Will let you know if I come back with one leg.
Parker Tourism's new bumper sticker!

roostwear
08-11-2006, 12:28 PM
CRIT Environmental Office.....
You just made that up, didn't ya? :D

WILDERTHANU
08-11-2006, 12:34 PM
Everyone that's going out to Parker Strip this weekend.. STAY HOME!! Don't go, Im warning you, stay home!! Or off the water...

Cole Trickle
08-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Everyone that's going out to Parker Strip this weekend.. STAY HOME!! Don't go, Im warning you, stay home!! Or off the water...
See you there;) :crossx:

OGShocker
08-11-2006, 12:47 PM
Bwahahahahaha!!!

Havasu Luvr
08-11-2006, 12:52 PM
You know what they say "Shit rolls down hill" but in this case "Down River" unsanitary Parker peeps :rolleyes: :rollside:

Waldo
08-11-2006, 01:38 PM
You actually pass this office on Ehrenburg Road...always that it was kind of funny.

TCN
08-11-2006, 01:51 PM
You actually pass this office on Ehrenburg Road...always that it was kind of funny.
I think that road is Mojave Road that goes from Ehrenberg to California Ave. in Parker. The CRIT Environmental building is on that road just about 5-10 miles north of Ehrenberg.

Boatcop
08-11-2006, 03:10 PM
The signs posted on the shoreline say something to the efffect of:
"High Summer Bacteria"
Skiing, swimming in the middle of the river are permitted. No wading or swimming from shore.
We have taken samples from the River at various locations up-river from the Reservation, and even up to Take-Off Point. Just precautionery to see if the problem is in our area. Tests are at the lab as we speak.
More Later.......

the_gray_goose
08-11-2006, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the update Alan

lewiville
08-11-2006, 04:18 PM
I think its from to many "blind mulett racers"